Westworld

So, nobody watched it, nobody liked it, right? Right?

Exactly.

Other urls found in this thread:

journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fpsyg.2016.00399/full
benthamopen.com/contents/pdf/TOPSYJ/TOPSYJ-3-9.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_black_Nobel_laureates
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewish_Nobel_laureates
evonomics.com/do-immigrants-import-their-economic-destiny-garrett-jones/
reddit.com/r/Showerthoughts/comments/519sv7/im_not_scared_of_a_computer_passing_the_turing/d7aqke2?context=3
youtube.com/watch?v=vwxD_L5gIrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=LcL3eP0Hfy4
youtube.com/watch?v=e4q0gi6pw4E
time.com/4508809/westworld-hbo-premise/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I guess

wait for them to pirate it

it was ok

already up

Ive not watched the show although I probably will, but it seems odd that not many threads are popping up about this yet there are still plenty of Netflix shows threads everywhere

I didn't even know it had aired

I really liked it.

Im waiting for the dust to settle and then decide based on Cred Forums consensus if im going to pick it up not

I drank some NyQuil so I wasn't really paying attention, but from what I saw I liked it and will watch again next week.

It was kinda alright I liked the theme song. If it is
another rip off of a I,Robot with Will Smith, then seriously what is the fucking point of this show?

ed harris and Hopkins were good like always, rest was stale trash

[Cont.]
MAH ROBOT FEELS
MUST GO AGAINST THE CREATOR
I WANT TO BE A REAL BOYYYY!!!

i hope it flops, i hope it gets cancelled, i hope hbo crashes and burns, i hope cable goes out of business, i hope hollywood collpases, i hope the world ends

Bit heavy on the exposition but it's forgivable for a pilot. Intriguing premise that I hope they don't cock up with lazy writing.

tss tell us how you really feel!

What if "Back to the Future part 3", met "I, Robot"?
Well I don't know, all we did is put together the plots of both movies together

Was p cool

I like what Hopkins said about them being done with human progress and that mistakes are all they have left

hey, let's rip off Jurassic World! but with people

I quite liked it. We'll see if they can keep it going through a whole season.

My god, Michael Crichton really is a hack.

That robbery/massacre was kino af

>yfw you realize 13th Warrior is Twister, but instead of meteorological fetishists obsessed with chasing tornadoes it's an Arab linguist obsessed with chasing the Norse tongue.

The guy who was dressed in black during the robbery at the saloon is playing Rhaegar in GoT.

Screen cap this.

hbo loves hiring literally who fags so I believe it

I thought a second viewing would change my mind or shed light on something i missed but nope. Shit sound design, shit editing, and a contrived plot. Visually stunning but shallow as fuck. Hbo would be much better off sticking to mini series.

this woman's forced english is ruining the show

Yeh its pretty bad. She sounds like a deaf mute every other line. Would crush like garlic in a pestle given the chance tho.

>#1 trending on Twitter worldwide even ahead of fat Kim kardashian getting robbed
>nobody watched it

It's ok. Not great, not terrible, not r*ddit, just ok.

I liked it

I think the problem lies with her accent. She seems to have hard time managing it with her stern dialogue. Or this could just be another Danish actor who has marbles in their mouth.

I will definitely keep monitoring.
Lets see if they go somewhere interesting with it.

From the first episode it looks like the next best thing.

>I drank some NyQuil

I thought it was great but I've been a fan of the original for years unlike most people here since reddit heard about it last week

Why is the lead programmer black when there are very few blacks in programming? why are there so many white guests when in the future relatively few white people will exist (even in the US they are already close to minority status and western europe is going down the same path). yeah they will probably be richer than the brown masses and thus more likely to visit but not this disproportionately.

Where are the asians? they will be the whites of the future and already do much of the high-end stem-type jobs. they also seem to be the most interested in virtual role playing.

Why is mainstream scifi so oblivious to demographic trends? or to racial tendencies when these have been relatively persistent for hundreds of years.

What did he mean by this?

They are on their own servers playing superior jrpgs

There are Asians didn't you see the prostitute speaking Japanese to like 4 guests, we're told there are 1400 but only see a handful. Also you said there are more blacks on the future so there will be more black programmers, where I work there are a couple.

why is Cred Forumsblr so autistic and easily triggered?

How the fuck is that relevant to whether the HBO show is good?

Is the series that different from the movie or you don't know there's a movie called Westworld?

what a huge beta this retard is

Because every faggot is crying about how they didn't like it but I did so either I'm blinded by the fact I was already a fan or they're just being edgy contrarions

the only thing I didn't like was the Danish actress. I hope they make her an early prototype or some shit because the hosts speak better than her.

You're blinded by your shit taste

>you said there are more blacks on the future so there will be more black programmers,

That does not follow since blacks have low mean IQs compared to almost any other major racial group. And the percentages of blacks gets lower the higher you set the cutoff. Simple statistics suggest that there are more people with IQs greater than 145 in north korea than in all of sub Saharan africa (mean IQ is around 75). Same with jews, they get outnumbered tremendously by black africans and still contribute much more to science and technology than all blacks.

>where I work there are a couple.

I never said there are none. It's a matter of probability.

>Dude she was in that dannish show which everybody talks about let's cast her :D:D:D:DDD
>She can't speak english propertly
>I don't care :DDDDDD:D:D:D

I made a thread about this show last night that got 350 replies, the show is amazing.

Can you please take this to Cred Forums /sci/ Cred Forums whatever

But how do I know you aren't just blinded by your shit taste?

that show was shit, it became a soap opera by the end of season 2

Why is that a problem? Plenty of immigrants speak bad English.

But if you admit there are some then to be one you'd have to be some sort of super nigga, and if they are that gifted why is it hard to believe he could get such a prestigious job

source

journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fpsyg.2016.00399/full
benthamopen.com/contents/pdf/TOPSYJ/TOPSYJ-3-9.pdf

They're just being edgy retards I had no idea who she was and didn't notice her speech, you'd have to be autistic as fuck to be bothered by it

139 iq ;]

But if you subscribe to the IQ meme and you think that somehow determines taste then that has confirmed that you are the one with shitty taste

It's possible but not plausible because of the low black representation at elite iq levels.

Show me a single black super elite scientists in AI research or programming.

see:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_black_Nobel_laureates
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewish_Nobel_laureates

none of the black ones were even a serious field.

Lol christ how fucking old are you? By your logic anyone that shits on the magnificent seven reshit is 'contrarian'. Did it ever occur to you that people have different expectations, opinions, etc.?

I've been here long enough to know that people shit on anything for the stupidest reasons, people think that by hating things is means they are more refined

She sounded like she had cotton under her tongue. Any native english speaker could tell she sounded odd.

Ok so in 4 years after its been cancelled when every one stops being shit heads and finally act like they where the only one who gave it a shot.

>Blackhole sun starts playing

loved it, has amazing potential

There's hating and then there's critiquing. So far this show has been mediocre on multiple fronts. Especially for hbo standards. The only apparent hbo quality is the budget. Everything else is standard 'gotcha' television. It's just as shitty as everything you internet dweebs shit on. You don't need contrived nonsense to captivate viewers. Good writing stands on it's own.

I hope season 2 or 3 will have a time jump with space and shit

First episode was really good, only part that didn't really do it for me was Ed Harris, which surprised me.

Yeah I'm sure the ***mystery*** he's looking into will matter at some point but in that episode he feels disconnected from everything, like they thought the needed the Gunslinger there because it's Westworld and they'll figure out why later

Was it even in netflix or some other pleb service?

Well said. I didn't appreciate him much here.

It was pretty cool

I disagree.

Ed Harris' character (or someone like him) was necessary to introduce the seedy, violent, depraved side of the world. Not all the guests are singing kumbaya while fucking prostitutes or having innocent picnics, no.

That said, his introduction into the overarching plot was poorly handled. It was introduced too soon and left more confusion than intrigue in a world we know nothing about, in terms of society and culture.
I like his character, but his motivations were too vague for the pilot.

That said, I believe I read somewhere that the entire series has already been written, so we're in a non-stop train.

and for Cred Forums
>first 3 places: reddit
>what wants: /film/ /celeb/ and /cape/ boards

>rip off of a I,Robot with Will Smith
so, another terrible rip off of isaac asimov? Can we get at least one good movie/tv show of that mans work?

It's purposefully vague to keep it mysterious. We don't even know if he's a guest or a robot.

I really enjoyed it. Though I admittedly always enjoy properly done works of fiction about artificial intelligence and the technological singularity.

As for the show itself, I liked the shot composition, especially the facility where the synthetics are created.

This is how you begin a show.

You started with the premise that this is the future and demographics will have shifted, yet your counterargument is based in current research. Also, if THIS is the part of the show that seems too unrealistic to believe then you truly need to reexamine your priorities.

Fair enough. I do admit that was the one curious aspect of his particular plot line, but it's left out-of-focus by unanswered questions about how the amusement world itself works, like the setting (is this places located in space or like a micro-universe, etc...), security surveillance, tracking of individuals, and weapons.

Like I said, this is the pilot and we know very little about the world outside of this world we see.

tested online, 5 times

>the fat bulges of the shoulders on the prostitute with the corset
I don't know why this stuck out to me so much, despite all the nudity. Wish I had a screencap.

Humans building robots are also robots built by humans from the future and they were IN SPACE all along.

BRAVO J.J. NOLAN

>implying that's not what the Zionist pigs at management have planned for Westworld

It's implied that he's a guest though. It would be odd if he was running amuck unnoticed when even the slightest uncalculated twitch causes a stir amongst the lab folk.

what's with the fella collecting scalps?

also the westworld from the movie was more realistic and looked like the real deal

>what's with the fella collecting scalps?
so you'll watch that the next episode but they won't tell us so you'll watch that next episode.

L O S Tworld

How does a guest program a virus specifically aimed at these robots, and distribute it using flies?

Maybe he's gone rogue and found ways to circumvent their security systems?

I assumed from the beginning he was a guest, but then again, hosts can't ACTUALLY die either. They're just "programmed" to die.

They said they worked out the script or "lore" at such that they know how and when to end...I hope so.

>People actually live their lives like this.

Autism

Abrams and Lindelof told the same thing after the first season of Lost tho

You seem to be under the impression that the fat neets of Cred Forums can afford hbo

Remember him right Cred Forums? Paulo from Lost is the guy in black

I'm from Cred Forums here to talk about the show.

MUH DIAMONDS

he is obviously a corporate spy from a rival simulation

It is based on current data but racial differences in cultural and technological achievement have been quite persistent for hundreds of years and even persist to some degree when the environment changes dramatically (e.g. african americans). This suggests a large genetic component (as do other lines of reseach that are covered in the betham open article i linked: such as transracial adoption, regression to different racial means, ...)

Sure, the genetics might change in the future but current data is actually showing more IQ-dysgenics in the black population than in the white population of the US.

see:

evonomics.com/do-immigrants-import-their-economic-destiny-garrett-jones/

Ed harris was literally the only interesting character/good performance besides Hopkins.

Weren't the glitches caused by the reveries?

Stop shitposting and just make more white babies.

pleb detected

>western paint it black playing over a robotic bank robbery
K I N O

But I don't understand, Cred Forums is assured that academic research is all a Jewish conspiracy, so how can you trust these stats?

Are you retarded?

I was cringing pretty much thoughout the entire episode. Really shit show

>tfw you thought it will be shit but you actually enjoyed it a lot

a great feel

How does a guest sneak in what I assume is millions of synthetics flies in a closely controlled environment?
Inside job? Some goddamn hippie wanting the hosts to be treated like humans?

Weren't the behaviorial anomolies happening because of that? When was the flies=virus correlation ever even made? Instead of name calling try explaining yourself.

>closely controlled
Some jackass sneaked in a photo and left it there. If a photo, why not a fly or two?

>Cred Forums is assured that academic research is all a Jewish conspiracy

some believe this probably. others cite Kevin MacDonalds books which is somewhat more nuanced and he's an academic himself.

They mostly shit on Frankfurt school, Freud and Boas anthro. Which are hardly based on stats and quant analysis (i.e. it's shit).

I'm guessing the user with the theory saw the flies on all the rogue hosts.
I just remember the Sheriff being the only example, because it was the most vivid.

Which stats do you doubt specifically?

I liked it. I feel bad I'm paying for the Luke Cage garbage but not for this one :(
Really? There is only one where I work (around 400 programmers) and he is Cuban, which in my book counts as a latino like me and not as a real black.

Teddy wasn't rogue though. The flies were being used to show just how controlled and static the hosts were. Literally not even batting an eye. It was all a set up for the end when Dolores catches the one on her neck after telling the security guy she'd never hurt a living being.

Super curious, user...can you post your age?

He could have been an aberration from the intended effects of the virus.

I'm not either of the two anons, but I won't dismiss the theory yet; there are many ways to introduce a virus into a host. Maybe, it's a combination of the virus (if we can even call it that) and the dream state they were given that allows them to access previous states.
It's simply too soon to tell.

>Bit heavy on the exposition but it's forgivable for a pilot.

lol, it's written by a nolan, the entire series will be exposition heavy

I will definitely be tuning into every episode, but only because they hooked me with the story and the mystery.

The direction and style were more similar to the mediocrity of Game of Thrones than actually good recent HBO shows like True Detective or The Night Of. But that makes sense because they're going for the GoT crowd with this one.

that guy is xerxes from 300.

I watched it and I loved it.

Pros:

-The mystery of the big picture and the control room drama was just as good as the park itself.

-The action was on point even when nobody /really/ died.

-Paint it Black and the rest of the music.

-This is not a story about magical machines growing souls like grapes it's about them malfunctioning because of shitty updates.

Cons:

-Not enough HBO sex with the robots or the office girls.

-The Gunman in Black needs development bad his mystery seems the weakest at this point.

-I have no idea why they're keeping the truth from the robots it feels very artificial like they're trying to maintain a reverse matrix for no reason.

-Needs more of that scarred girl with the rifle at the end.

8/10. Already better than Game of Thrones, will watch the first season.

Can I follow up by asking how many girlfriends you've had?

Man I think pol is often right but people like you ruin everything

two hands and my waifu pillow, so 3

you?

No offense but I think most of your cons are jumping the gun a bit, there's only been one episode. Obviously they're going to expand on Ed Harris' character

Terrible uninspired shit that I'm sure this no taste/shill board will be fellating incessantly until a week after the finale.

What shows are you watching right now, tough guy?

They are a primitive AI, they have directives but knowing stuff that would create a conflict or "consciousness" would be counter productive. That's why they ask them if they ever think about their existance and reality, or if other robutts around them do.

Once they're in debug mode they don't hide the fact that they're controlling them or anything. That's what I got, at least. That scarred chick was badass though.

who cleans the cum out of the sexbots?

Television is a complete wasteland at this point, I'm not following any dramas currently. I'd have liked nothing more than Westworld to be an above average sci-fi romp but all I saw was wasted potential left and right.

>torrent is up
>accidentally download the movie instead

Yeah that scene where the guy was being dragged by the horse and she shot him multiple times was great.

What are your reasons? I have disdain for most TV shows but I thought Westworld was refreshing and enjoyable

It was good, the people calling it "fucking amazing" need to calm the fuck down.

>Elon Reeve Musk is a South African-born
>tfw he'll never be President of the United States

What title would the ruler of the free corporations of earth hold, as I believe that would be our only hope. CEO of the Solar Empire?

Even her death was more interesting than the others with her squirming on the ground drowning in her own blood. She kinda slid in out of nowhere like Boba Fett and stole the spotlight from her boss.

Fine I guess I'll get in to it. It felt like a network television show, nothing was understated from the dialogue to the acting to the way it was shot. They spent millions of dollars and didn't take the time to make it look cinematic. The acting was pretty over-the-top and terrible across the board, save the amazing performance by the glitching farmer dad. There was no attempt to accurately replicate a classic western setting or use modern techniques to make it feel like one. The plot was extremely uncompelling, I have no idea why anyone should give a shit that the robots are malfunctioning when they have such a ridiculous amount of control and surveillance in the park, or why we should give more than a cursory thought to anything Ed Harris does. The anachronistic soundtrack everyone seems to be cumming all over themselves over was obvious and over-the-top, just like every other aspect of the show. If the show didn't take itself so seriously maybe these things wouldn't be so much of an issue, but as an "HBO" show or as "prestige television" it seems to be a pretty big failure unless they right the ship considerably very soon.

it was good

plebs gonna hate it

to eat, Dr lecter?

i think he said hes going to go on his crazy ship to mars, so if that works out hes gonna be like emperor of mars or at the least president of where ever the fuck they land on mars.

Hmm that's weird how people can watch the same thing and have dramatically different opinions, because I more or less disagree with most of what you said. Oh well, I'm excited to see how the show develops.

>There was no attempt to accurately replicate a classic western setting or use modern techniques to make it feel like one

Why would there be? This is like complaining that the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland doesn't accurately replicate the 17th century West Indies.

>There was no attempt to accurately replicate a classic western setting or use modern techniques to make it feel like one

Huh, and I thought it was all just an elaborate (albeit thinly veiled) excuse to fuck robots.

>another rip off of a I,Robot with Will Smith

fucking neck yourself

It's a beyond absurd missed opportunity to play with the well-established and beloved iconography of the Western genre. I guess the larger point is beyond that glaring omission the show had no interesting or unique visual style at all.

ex machina

And the show felt like a cold exercise in prostitution as opposed to attempting to convey some sort of touchstone for the audience to identify with or to contrast the dark futuristic setting it was attempting to set up.

Didn't blow my mind.
Kinda dissapointed desu. But It is promising. Might be a slow burner, I'll wait for plot the unveil before I lay the final verdict.

I don't know if I liked it, but I didn't dislike it. I'm curious to see where they go with it.
Was I supposed to be surprised at her slapping the fly after vowing not to hurt a living thing?

>>>/reddit/

yes

This thread is a good example of tv this days.
You make shows for aspergers, and they will year it down as if there is thosands of scifi shows on air.
I despise you people, you wouldnt believe

Not gonna lie. I'd buy the soundtrack for the covers because they are bretty nice IMO.

Is it bad that I think people who don't like it are likely fairly unintelligent and don't understand ethical implications of creating AI?

I wish they pulled the trigger.

I don't know if surprise is the right word because it felt very set up. More that you should acknowledge it as a significant turning point.

I don't know if you're an idiot, English is your second language, or some combination of both.

isn't she perfect for rape?

He is a futurist, knew she'd play a deadly sexbot, and is therefore admitting that he likes fucking sexbots, and will therefore probably manufacture god tier quality sexbots for the good of the world.

just watched Westworld. funny it had dubsguy in it

considering that seems to be the ending to all of her storylines, yes

Story is just a small part of what makes a show. I like the story with all its philosophical implications, it's the uninspired direction and aesthetics that make me consider this show average. It's so run-of-the-mill.

Hell I'd support that over him building million dollar steel coffins and shooting them at mars.

downloading as im typing this. will let you know in an hour

The best part is how she wakes up innocent every day and you get to break her all over again. Maybe this time in front of her pa or make him do it at gunpoint.

>in that episode he feels disconnected from everything
Hope not. Yes, it may be a LOST tier reveal down the road that they don't know what it will eventually be, but I immediately bought into it. If he's been doing this for 30 years, which I'm sure I heard him say, he is that Cred Forumsirgin who has spent thousands of hours combing over an open world RPG, and thought to look in every nook and cranny to 100% it, and has found a hidden quest chain that the people who don't even finish the game will never see, and wants to see where it takes him. I was paying attention to the main story, but Ed Harris is the (at the moment) subplot I am dying to see more of.

Oh look its Jurassic Park: Wild West Edition. Imagine my surprise when I looked it up and sure enough, it was originally conceived of by Michael Crichton.

How much sex is in it? Want to watch it with family but don't want to watch awkward sex scenes desu.

If you want to get into the pure philosophy of it all the concepts presented were not new, unique, or presented in an oblique manner. It's exactly what it says on the tin, and the similarities in both thematic content and air date between Westworld and Dollhouse are too many to ignore, especially since the latter seemed to explore the same ideas in a much more interesting manner within the framework of a network show.

That scene where the host starts freaking out reciting Shakespeare was fucking rad.

No real sex scenes, a lot of boobs/butts and some flaccid dicks. It's mostly in clinical settings though, not sexy ones.

Totally agree. It was King Lear, right?

Damn, good job, you're only 43 years late

>make a show
>eventually other shows copy it
>hate the 1st show because of that (even only 1 episode aired and nobody copied it yet)

His malfunction going back between the different builds was really great. I hope that actor will be back soon.

Is time for the new thread now

no

No? Why?

I'm just gonna wait and watch it all later.

Or when I get HBO nordic for Vikings Season 4 Part 2...

Thanks m8, was pretty awkward watching Sense8 episode 1 with mom and auntie kek.

The focus of the show seems like it's going to be a series of mysteries - whatever Ed Balls is doing, Anthony Hopkins's past, and business and political intrigues. Frankly, I just want rampaging robots, and instead it's philosophically brooding, posturing shit.

Great episode. It almost could have been a stand-alone movie.

He's a guest. Cyclops shot him and nothing happened to him, that's how we (the audience) knew hosts couldn't hurt the guests.

Because the shills don't like threads that aren't 100% drowned out by positivity and memes.

If he can fuck with the robots' programming he can probably fuck with their weapons too.

Why no webs of the blonde qt from the shootout?

>Because the shills don't like threads that aren't 100% drowned out by positivity and memes.

What did he mean by this?

What if he's a robot who thinks he's a guest and it's Hopkins who fuck with their weapons?

BRAVO JOSS

Hopkins, Harris, and the pa were outstanding. ERW needs more nuance, hope she gets it. Thandie Newton and Teddie can jump off a bridge.

That doesn't add up. How is she so flat here but has decent boobs during the show? Is it the corset or whatever that is she's wearing?

>some guy crying about a black programmer
Probably the same guy that went on a tantrum in the live thread and listed every instance of a non white person he saw( seriously)

this is how you end it

like bags of sand, user

imagine being so salty you make this image

Its was pretty mediocre for having Ed Harris and Anthony Hopkins, without them it would have been worse.

why would you watch that faggot shit?

This desu senpai

that one robot chick they had in stasis before they cut to hannibal lector had massive tits.

I CAN'T FUCKING COMPREHEND WHY THEY KEEP TRYING TO GET ACTORS TO RUIN ACCENTS OMFG DON'T THEY HAVE EARS?

not that I noticed it this time, but I just had to think of that retarded imogen poots bitch in roadies again

not really anything in this pilot, but it's HBO, so don't think they won't do it

because we must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children

end your life, it'll be much easier.

thought it was pretty funny the show had over the hill and far away thandy newton as a madam and the ugliest fucking hooker I ever done did fucking see on tv, jesus christ

seems like ep 2 will have a main character who is a real human in the Westworld.

is he gonna be there for a while or just for that episode?

What happens if one guest ruins another guest's fun, aren't you paying out the ass to enjoy yourself?
I also can't comprehend why people would go on murderous rampages, jesus christ motherfuckers

>I also can't comprehend why people would go on murderous rampages, jesus christ motherfuckers
Because it's not allowed in the real world. Do I have to spell it out for you?

I never noticed her accent.

Also if you haven't seen Borgen yet, it's a fucking great show. It's like the West Wing but not aimed at stupid people.

Ep 2 is (from what I'm aware of) introducing two major characters who are guests. A first timer and a veteran.

Ep. 1 was unique in that we didn't really get a guest's perspective. We had a few minor roles but we don't know yet the process of going to the park, how to get in, etc. etc.

I completely, adamantly disagree with you.

The dreary mood the show creates in the Western-based setting along with the dissonance of the sanitized, modern facility gives it a very unique perspective. And we're not even talking about the synthetics yet. The direction, while not original, is inspired by the philosophy you admire and is certainly on a strong footing to make memorable scenes. And finally, the budget makes it so not-run-of-the-mill.
They're able to create fascinating shot composition from the intricacies of synth creation (and the people working with them) and certain sweeping vistas relevant to the theme.

I don't want to disregard your opinion, but it sounds like you're using vague criticisms to justify the negativity you have created around this particular show. In other words, you're criticizing it for the sake of criticizing it.

probably they sign a contract before going to westworld

>rule 72: don't spoil another guest's fun, or you're gonna pay for it lmao

He looks like a gunslinger robot character played by Yuri Brenner in original movie.

He seems to think he is a guest, maybe simulation is deeper than just West-world, maybe most of the guests are just different tier of robots and "company workers" too?

Hope they share a budget with Deadwood so they can make more real sets

ok but say, some niggas start shooting up the town, nobody is left alive, what's left to do? is there a reset button anyone can push, what if they abuse it

is there a manual of this game lol

You missed the nigger family

Some of you are alright.
Don't go to Westworld tomorrow.

>ok but say, some niggas start shooting up the town, nobody is left alive, what's left to do?
That's just boring

perhaps you have a limit of bots to kill

i don't know fám
seems a bit complex, but i'm sure there are rules and manuals for the guests.

It's not just the autistic complaining that makes me chuckle, but the fact that half the shit you complain about is because you apparently didn't see the episode or were probably screaming at the ceiling to notice you're complaining about nothing, please do everyone including yourself a favor and kys

kek

>you're criticizing it for the sake of criticizing it
Welcome to Cred Forums

I think it's a unique and interesting show but people will claim it's been done before because dog shit like I, Robot exists. And then they grasp at straws with vague subjective criticisms like poor direction and acting

One thing I've noticed about my college educated pseudo-intelligent friends vs. other people I know is that the former tends to overly criticize anything they can for the sake of argument or to appear intelligent. It's pretty annoying and, imo, part of today's culture of insincerity

What dreary mood? It's deliberately made up to look like a 1950s western set. It's understandably stylistically and it works but it isn't a sharp aesthetic choice that creates a mood. And the facility looks exactly like the science fiction facility you see in most science fiction movies. You're easily impressed if you were impressed by the look and feel.

>and "company workers" too?

Obviously.

Robots are blacks whites are slavemasters.

It's HBO

Its shit.

It was an intriguing pilot, reminded me Assassins Creed mixed with Red Dead Redemption (I know you all play vidya).

On a side note, they filmed parts (pic related) of the show at the building where I work. It was a closed set obviously, but I was able to catch a few glimpses of the set. It looked like an outdoor bar with a bunch chick in bikinis walking around. I don't know the context of the scene though, but hopefully it'll show up in one the future episodes.

I can't think of a single cinematic shot in the episode. Compared to something like True Detective season 1 there is zero atmosphere building, it's just "here's the characters, now they're going to explain the story for you". Every scene is just there to "advance the plot".

I hope we see the father again, his performance was amazing

>go down on a hooker robot
>smells and tastes like decade old cum and WD-40

this looks 100% cgi

>I can't think of a single cinematic shot in the episode
ROFL, there were plenty, maybe you need to go look back at your old pretentious af foreign shit movies to get your fix, and don't forget to tip your fedora faggot

I forgot this started last night, which sucks because I actually subscribe to HBO and forgot to PVR it. Hopefully there is a replay today, or they updated the on demand, but they usually don't do that until Tuesdays :'(

>go down
>on a hooker

>thread about westworld
>make a post about contemporary society, pseudo intellectuals and "today's culture of insincerity"
I'm sure you can justify why you did that but if you're sincere and honest you'll admit you're a pseudo intellectual faggot yourselff who just wanted to share his irrelevant insights.

>train going through the southwest countryside with tons of buttes and shit
>Dolores painting
>management people talking on that balcony thing with the mountains in the background
What are you looking for? Some hella f*ckin epic 20min one take steadicam shot?

>every scene is just there to "advance the plot"
These are the people you ""discuss"" film and television with. Not everything is a Malick film, nor should it be.

>Simulation flies are living beings
bruh

If you have HBO you have HBO Go and you can watch it online. I literally exclusively use HBO Go

I just fucking referenced True Detective as an example you mongoloid. Is that old pretentious foreign shit?

TD season 1 was miles ahead of this Game of Thrones-tier show, that's a fact.

The dreary mood is set by the plot rather than the Western thematic style. It's also the conjunction of the two settings in the overarching plot. Ever heard of cognitive dissonance?

>the facility looks exactly like the science fiction facility you see in most science fiction movies.
Yes, it looks sanitized. That's the only relevance I see.

>I can't think of a single cinematic shot in the episode
You might not have been paying attention.

The building is real, but yeah the background is fake.

Sorry my tangent disturbed you

so is it real or simulation? i was under the impression it was all fake.

If you watch films/TV for the "plot" you're doing it wrong.

what is his endgame?

you expect plebs round these parts to know actors playing roles?

This is the oldest and worst meme here

hope is hard to kill.

True Detective is literally the definition of
>Every scene is just there to "advance the plot".

TD is amazing, yes, but it's in poor taste to compare this because of how grandiose it is to the more subtle settings in TD.

Apology accepted. Don't let such faggotry happen again.

it's real as far as I can tell, only the inhabitants are fake

End of the westworld

This is based on a book right?
Is it any good and did they change anything?

>irrelevant insights
We're talking about the show, mongoloid.

You don't know how to appreciate the medium if plot is of great importance to you. Simple as.

Im guessing "complete" the game or some shit?

The underground Westworld lobby with the globe and all the water was tops. You just know that setting will be revisited soon.

To win the heart of the scarface blonde by finding codes hidden in the game that open up new romance options.

It's a love story.

this. I watch tv show for BOOBS
Why would you watch BBW Carnivale if not?

He wants to find a way inside the machine.

You're really fucking stupid.

post pics of armenian whore goddess please

maybe he already completed the game

usually when you 100% an open world game, you just start fucking around, killing all npc, cheating, etc

>dozens (possibly hundreds) of malfunctioned, decommissioned hosts, waiting in limbo for something to happen
I'm sure nothing will ever go wrong.

I suspect the next episode will answer this but it seems to me that people arrive via train. Kind of a showy entrance (not unlike Hogwarts).

I do wonder, however, how often the park "resets". Is it every night? It doesn't seem like guests can spend the night.

But removing all the dead robots, fixing and debriefing them and later putting them back in Westworld (and so on) seems like a Pete amount of labor, time and manpower

But then again, the complex they work in appears to be enormous, so perhaps they have underground access and hidden elevators throughout the entire park.

Last, we don't know what year it is so perhaps they have extraordinary technology (relative to us) that is commonplace to them

???

He literally said he wanted to play the hidden game

I have it in good faith I read it was a "near-future" setting.

Take that how you will.

The guy already said they had cured every human illness and ailment

is not a 3d simulation, idiot

I want to put the year as around... 2080 or so. That's the vibe I'm getting. Also we sort of get a benchmark looking at Wild Bill Hickock bot Hopkins was with and robots bring invented now are sort of getting to where he is

*large, not Pete

isnt that xerxes from 300

reddit.com/r/Showerthoughts/comments/519sv7/im_not_scared_of_a_computer_passing_the_turing/d7aqke2?context=3

go back

where?

you know

on my computer?

Preview of the next episodes: youtube.com/watch?v=vwxD_L5gIrQ

Looks like shit is going to escalate quickly.

Is there something particularly telling in the robots looks or should I just assume they look noticeably fake to the guest?

Realistically it does make me wanna play Red Dead again. Hurry up w that sequel fuckers.

They lack certain body language which the update was to fix

will they even show the roman and the medieval world?

Im assuming they will make a appearance in later seasons. I think Romeworld will be the best as it was mainly for shagging

wouldn't that mean the real world then? No extra lives there so why would he want to do that?

They'll start showing medieval world once GoT ends and they can reuse props/sets.

those romans sure knew how to shag

I did.
youtube.com/watch?v=LcL3eP0Hfy4

maybe, just maybe she's not actually trying to sound like a native english speaker. People have accents. You'd know if you ever in your miserable life stepped outside your country.

No, Im pretty sure he was talking about a underlying secret side quest that the makers had put in the game

The designers surpassed the uncanny valley threshold, because you can't immerse yourself in a place with a bunch of robots running around.

So, yeah, they definitely look real enough.

I loved it

if you were a rich asshole in westworld what would you do?

hard mode: you cant say rape

It was good.
At first i wasnt sure, but i got hooked towards the end.

to keep fucking Delores over and over again

nonconsensual sexual intercourse

westworld (the movie) is literally the same thing as jurassic park and that's not an accident, you know that right

it was the predecessor to JP, written by the same guy

masturbate

Hire the hookers

So, do they repair all the buildings, robots and clothes at the end of each night?

What if you're raping some robot whore in the middle of the night, how does she end up back to were she is supposed to be at the start of the next day?

>hosts killing humans
Huge spoilers.

But maybe they're minor ones compared to the ones we'll be seeing ahead.

I would surprise sex random girls.

Are we expected to root for the robots? All the humans are murderers and rapists. Also, it's really telling that (a) the most abused robot in the world is a rape victim and (b) the first robot the humans thought to build would be a rape victim.

keep killing black bots

Rape and murder

plothole: how do they stop the "players" from fucking with each other, ruining each other's good time.

there will be a main character who is a guest in the next episode

we gonna root for him

What about the cum leaking out of her orifices at the start of each morning?

Or are the designed to fully absorb any foreign substances introduced into their bodies. Seems like something you'd want to do considering they said customers basically like to rape and kill robots.

do you pay the hookers with real money?

>rooting for robots
I knew this would happen when Moot sold Cred Forums to the Japanese.

just program it that they can't hurt each other, just like bots can't hurt players

Yes

Japanese people rape robots all the time. Akiba is basically the robot rape capital of the world.

They get cleaned and repaired

So I can't hurt you, but I can still go around killing any NPC you interact with.

You need some lessons in MMORPG griefing my friend, as does the shows writers.

If you think about the ethics, the robots are just that, robots. They're programmed to feel and to react. Their emotional responses are based on a switch someone with a computer can flip at an instant. They have no memories and they have no concept of what it means to live.

By all means, these are not living things and therefore should not have the rights of one.

The issue that show presents, however, was what if they developed a consciousness able to interpret that feeling emotion and is aware of their existence, instead of being coded for it?

>the guests are also bots
>they're observing power structures and relations between uppity bots and slave bots

whos in charge of cleaning the robots pussies every night?

On site security. They already showed they have staff in character and can track the whole map in real time.

Also it supposed to be $40,000 dollars a day, only the super rich could dream of going, and they probably don't want to see their name in the newspaper talking about how they just raped some other super rich person.

We've only followed specific robots and when they die they just wake up.

One scene the guy said "we moved up his entrance by a week"

The world is also completely artificial so it's not like three days actually matter. I'm sure it's reset after every story finishes

>the guests are also bots
>the admins are also bots
>humanity died centuries ago

me

They will have machines do it

They probably hose them down and disassemble them.

I believe we saw something like that in the preview.

>Their emotional responses are based on a switch someone with a computer can flip at an instant.

If that were true they would have fixed the sick bots instead of boxing them.

They can just set serious money penalties for griefing.

Just saying in Japan their movies make robots into heroes and possible mates.

In the west like every show and or movie about robots is how they go bad. Rightfully so, yeah that robot you meet might seem like she wants or flesh dick in her, but really behind all those 0s and 1s she is really calculating how to take down the human race.
I don't even leave my Rumba alone in the house.

>what if they developed a consciousness able to interpret that feeling emotion and is aware of their existence, instead of being coded for it?
That's pretty much exactly what's happening so now the humans are clearly being dicks to human tier A.I.
They either roll back the updates or face robot revolution, they should seriously consider destroying the basement army before skynet rises.

they showed us the process

You think that pops quoting Shakespeare at the end was sick and able to be fixed?

He was corrupted beyond them willing to recommission him due to the danger it posed for guests, were it to go rampant.

I can't imagine cleaning blood and semen out of an android's orifices every night and thinking to myself, "The human race is totally worth saving."

I guess those Japanese businessmen got carried away.

Skip to the 14:30 mark. Takes about a minute in from there but it's definitely worth the build up.

The guy was BASED in the orginal Westworld, which this show was based off of, especially considering the "30 years of entertainment" line said by Bernard in the new HBO show.

youtube.com/watch?v=e4q0gi6pw4E

>$40k/day
Where did you get this

There's a metagame with the maps on the scalps

Start a cult and demand virgins and sexual worship from my believers as we have drug fueled orgies under the stars.

time.com/4508809/westworld-hbo-premise/

Michael Crichton Book Eaters of the Dead.

He likes cyberpunk roleplay in the bedroom.

>simulated rape is ok
Westworld is a fucked up place to vacation....

The pron industry is responsible for a lot of progress in tech

You think the outlaw obsessed with milk was trying to "repair" all the other bots he shot? Otherwise, what was the point of him pouring milk on them?

he wants to access the basement so he can reactivate all the faulty robots
you read it here first

ROLLING

i liked it

So what's the price of a single host, if it's 40k a day?

Neat, thanks

>milk was trying to "repair" all the other bots he shot?
makes sense

Imagine being so salty you respond to it

what was his problem

>>finding out you have lived and died countless times
>>problem

He hates Yankies coming to his town, littering all over the place.

he looks like a non-skinny version of Clint Eastwood

do you think he himself was raped a few time?

Do I wait for a web.dl? Or HBO gonna HBO and I should just stick with regular tv rip?

So he is the reverse Yul Brynner? Why is he the Gunslinger in black?

Hispanics who race-mix will be considered White in future

Much, much less I'd imagine. In West World you're not really paying for the robots you're really paying for the stories and how they interconnect with hundreds of bots at the same time in a living city while being watched over 24/7 for safety and to ensure you're having fun.

Just one may be the price of a single day or less if they are some of the older versions they talked about.

well, in old time westerns back when colors didn't exist they made the villains wear black while the hero wore light clothing in order to distinguish who you were supposed to root for

damn right

He reminded me of that guy that was fucking Daenrys in GOT

Seems pointless fugging robots, when you're paying top dollar for the whole experience. Nobody got time for that. They should be dueling and forming a posse.

Hard to say there's literally 100s on each of the at least three worlds, and a shit ton of broken down and outdated versions.

Theoretically they can keep re-using them. One they said had been in use for 10+ years.

Yet at the same time we constantly see them making more humans and horses.

The real question I have is, where the fuck is this? Is it on Earth? It looks pretty massive. Could someone sneak in or out? Is the airspace closed? Probably wouldn't want planes and shit flying over head.

i'd reenact some deliverance while his tied up daughter is forced to watch

>Rich people bringing physical photos to an amusement park in a future with advanced androids and no diseases.
>Photos are still a thing
Is this the biggest plothole in the history of TV series?

$40K x 1,400 '''''guests''''' = 56,000,000

Now all ya gotta do is cut up the costs like maintenance fees, labor, utilities, security, R&D, etc.

Although I imagine that one chick wants to outsource / sell off / lease some of that R&D knowledge for more profit to please the shareholders.

>westworld
>there are robots who are hyper obese

Its the whole experience, living life in the Wild West, dueling, fucking, shooting Injuns.

On the train one patron said last time he went the hole bad guy route and just started killing.

Basically you can do whatever the fuck you want, with no consequences.

But if Ed Harris is playing the Yul Brynner role, why is he a hunam and not a robot?

40K sounds awfully cheap imo, I'm pretty sure some rich assholes already spend that currently on less (technologically) impressive vacations.

>Seems pointless fugging robots

Not just fugging, but raping. How often do you get to rape in the real world? And you get an elaborate narrative leading up to the rape. The Man in Black probably made Teddy watch him rape Clementine on some occasions.

Maybe it was there from before it was a theme park. Or from when it was a different themed world.

that's what I mean, if I'm a rich dude I'd just rape the shit out of my personal loli host before coming to Wild West

I should point out $40,000 a day, so it's not like they aren't making money, especially if multiple guests stay for multiple days. Still, one day rakes in $56 million is not bad.

so that he can't be stopped

We need a new thread

So then Ed Harris is not a robot....?

>I'd just rape the shit out of my personal loli host

And what I mean is that vanilla rape probably gets boring after a while. The context of an intricately crafted story in an immersive fantasy world keeps the rape interesting.

Also, Loliworld should totally be a thing.

He said he paid good money and that he was back.

Might be a robot that thinks he's a human or a robot that escaped and returned years later with a human identity. If he was a robot the 2nd seems more likely since the other robots can't harm him which would make sense if he entered as a guest.

no one would go there since it'll just be an fbi honeypot

>Simulation
Did you even watch the show

>You can murder a whole town of bots
>You can't make love to little women bots

thanks Obama

but the guns can distinguish a human from a robot

We don't know how the guns work.

They may have a minimum amount you have to pay to visit. I could see them pushing out visiting plans that play out like TV seasons over the course of months.

we can only assume they work the same way as in the movie

The show is a continuation of the movie, yes.

Still, I thought Ed Harris was supposed to be the Gunslinger, like Yul Brynner. Or is Rodrigo Santoro (Robbery scene) playing the role of Gunslinger?