Dead Man tell no tales

Will this be the biggest blunder of 2017?

>youtube.com/watch?v=KpFMVcZ4o7U

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_films
youtube.com/watch?v=saxI0Zu1ABI
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germany
youtube.com/watch?v=JImcvtJzIK8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wow some creepy ghost pirates are after Jack Sparrow. What a twist

No. It will be kino. Like the first 3 are.

No, these movies are usually pretty fun

That includes the fourth one. As long as Barbossa's in it, I'm game.

>PotC
>blunder
Don't make me laugh. Pirates is an action franchise done right, and it looks fun as fuck

No but it does mean Wonder Woman is fucked.

>please
what did the "bad" guy mean by this?

>spoiler fun

It needs 7 billion to break even

>Bardem

hell yes

real lack of standards your generation

the 4th one was pretty bad
johnny depp has almost certainly lost most of his buying power so it doesn't look good

The 4th one flopped in germany, because the voice of Depp demanded more money and was fired.
People literally boycotted the movie, because Depp sounded different.

Oh fuck off. They are great pirate movies with nice set pieces, fun stories, good acting and really fantastic production value and set construction. Sometimes its okay to have fun, grandpa.

>hur dur dem younger generations with their fancy smancy new compooter effects

>johnny depp still refusing to comment on Mortdecai's extended universe franchise
He has to announce it sooner or later

2>1>4>3.

2 was entertaining af. Hope these ghost guys aren't just rehashed skelly pirates.

>there are countries that dub foreign movies
To lazy to read subs or get proficient in English. Fucking sad

Holy shit this looks fun!

The first one was good. The davy jones crew from the 2nd one was good. The 3rd one was a bloated mess, best thing was geoffrey rush. The 4th one was a piece of shit.

im a piece of shit

Yeah. The first 3 movies are great all together as a single trilogy.

The fourth was complete ass. Using Blackbeard as some magical witch doctor pirate was completely retarded, The Queen Anne's Revenge looked totally different than it did in the real world, and the story was garbage. That being said Ian McShane is a good casting as Blackbeard in a shitty movie with the character being acting fairly different than he did in the real world.
But from this teaser, this looks miles better than the tragedy that was "On Stranger Tides". This is a good atmosphere to be creepy in. OSTs seemed like a forced creepiness which felt Halloween store like

Probably not

All the Pirates of the Caribbean movies are comfycore, even at its worst

>new Pirates teaser reminds me that movies can be fun again
>inb4 contrarian shitlords shit one single minute of footage to suck the fun out of anything

Its pirates, just leave it alone for fucks sake.

>burgerland also doesnt like subtitles on their films
Yeah, it is sad.

>Not watching movies in original language with English subs
it's the patricians choice

T H I S

Is that fuccboi the new will

>also hundreds of murricans complaining about the spanish parts and the subtitles in the Assassins Creed movie

¿?

>Most of the cast and crew had finished on the 8th, and a wrap party was held on July 11, 2015.[92] Filming then moved to the Whitsundays for the final shots to be filmed.[47][93] On July 21, 2015

This has been in the can for over a year.

Well you have shit taste.

Not him, but it's no news that the French and Germans are retarded as fuck.

EVERYTHING comes dubbed in those countries, it's a fucking disaster

I will gladly watch any of them but OST. It's just so boring and shit.
I remember I tried watching it again recently and I got bored of it and walked away. One thing I remember hating was the use of the music for fight scenes. Like, I understand they have the typical fight music, but in this movie it seemed overused and annoying towards the end. Almost like they thought they could just throw in a fight to make people like the movie, WAY too many times.

Aww I thought the spoopy ghost guy was Elizabath's dad at first

The mermaid scene was pretty cool

They should make a movie focusing on Barbossa or Norrington

>French and Germany as dumb as fuck
>countries have been around for a literal thousand years
>heart of some of the most culturally significant art, innovation and industry in Europe's history
>burgerland believes they are "dumb"

Wew, okay.

CGI on bardem looks shit

>Too retarded to learn the lingua franca, so they butcher every piece of media

that happens in Spain too (thanks Franco)

but also here's a lot of people who prefers to watch movies and shows in english with subtitles, spanish dub is awful sometimes (Gran Torino and the chink thugs, goddamn those voices...)

If the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise dies, could Disney replace it with a series of Monkey Island movies?

wrong quote

I work at Disney and I know some things about the movie. The plot is about Jack Sparrow having some unsettled debt with main villain. Main villain is actually played by Amber Heard. It will also include Brendan Fraser Cameo.

this

fucking kek

Well of course it does, you think everyone is as fluent in english as native speakers?
Granted in murrica there are no dubs, they'll straight up remake the movie.

Barbossa is the best character in the series.

>you think everyone is as fluent in english as native speakers?
As most of the first world is bilingual, yes. English is like the second most common language on the planet. Amerifats just dont want to learn other languages and be smarter tho

>teaser
>2:19

So Orlando Bloom is back, but no Keira Knightley

>but no Keira Knightley
Why watch it?

>Javier Bardem

Oh boy. On another note I'm actually starting to get nostalgic over Pirates, guess it's been that long now.

I hope Disney learned from Stranger Tides.

hans zimmer isn't composing this time apparently

People actually prefer 3 to 4? I haven't seen 4 since i came out but I thought it was okay. 3 was one of the biggest eye rolling shit shows I've ever seen though.

Norrington is dead.

Why the fuck did they reveal the main bad guy, why not tease more of Jack and the rumors of Will and Barbossa returning?

>dubbing non children movies

This is one of many reasons why I hate Germany and Spain

Your opinion is just wrong if you dont prefer 1 over 4

Thats a retarded reason to hate a country, may need to talk that out with your therapist

what makes you say that?

Even more retarded to dub movies, just learn English.

>Brendan Fraser cameo.

I wasn't hype for this but now I am.

I can't wait for Brendanposting to become a thing.

3 wAS KINO

Hahaahahahahahahah

So who's the villain?

I haven't seen it yet (of course) but it's literally rëddit: the flick

Only if you hate fun. The last one was good no matter what """film experts""" and """""critics""""" say.

>Tell Sparrow death blaghhzdf dfsygfiuafuiahs
What the fuck does he say? I watched it several times and can't tell.

why would it be? seems like a fun movie - as the others have been so far.

i'm glad they went back to ghosts / skeletals, the first potc has that comfy feeling, while the sequels kinda went off-track with weird magic shit and boring villains. not counting davy jones of course.

Or just read the subtitles and respect the content creator's native language? Or dont fucking watch it if you are gonna sperg out that nobody wants to exclusively sell something to you, based on a language you dont even speak correctly, amerifat

Is that an actual question?

What the fuck are you talking about, there are no subtitles when its dubbed in a native language you dimwit. You're forced to sit there and watch spanish or german dubbed English movies, may as well mute the audio. I'm not even American, but nice damage control.

surprised that someone called you on your bullshit?

lack of standards

I think I got it now, "Death will go straight to him"?

his hair looks too fake and the image is too dark, you can barely see anything

What? No? I dont hate an entire nation over something so autistic.

Dig the organ music. I hope that represents the style of music in this film

>I have superior taste

I bet you think Citizen Kane is good too.

Is it confirmed that Bloom is back?

Isn't he still on the Flying Dutchman cursed to not leave it?

I dont think you understood the point...

>mfw user has bad comprehension skills

ok, so we had skeleton pirates, fishmen pirates, vodoo zombie pirates, and now simple zombie pirates?
well, I can't really think of anything alse to go for to be honest
I hope based bardem will save it

Do you not...?

You want some kind of pat on the back for not liking it too? You want the super contrarian award?

Hey it's me ur directors.

born in the 90's with terrible taste, tell me more about yourself user.

it is

4th pirates of the caribbean is trash, I don't get how anyone can unironically say that it's anything more than mediocre.

it's your monitor, the image is perfectly fine

>returning to a dead franchise which most likely inspired PotC

Yeah, not a chance.

If you can't already tell he's going to be atrocious

well, the premis isn't any good I just hopoe they go full retard like the second movie did, which is in fact the best one. I mean, the concept isn't really hard to work with.
hell, I just hope it's better than the 4th one, which is even easier.

You're the one who's reply didn't make sense. You're talking about "Or just read the subtitles and respect the content creator's native language?", which doesn't even make sense in this context. Stop trying to put your insecurities on others.

Sorry, but I didn't fall for the "fancy camera angles equals good" meme.

Ghost Bardem looks awful

the design could be better but the execution looks good

They look like the evolved form of the nu-male... what that is, I can only speculate

Scroll back up, read the convo chain a few times and then see what you missed.

I agree, he looks like a worse version of Will's dad

Or maybe you can explain, how does "Or just read the subtitles and respect the content creator's native language?" Make sense, when I'm talking about English movies getting dubbed in Germany and Spain.

Lol god what a faggot you are then. It's not that it has fancy camera angles as a gimmick, its that Welles literally fucking invented new ways of film capture, frame set up and storytelling

Its like underplaying the fuck who invented the wheel, then calling the wheel a gimmick. You are retarded.

This is why.

I really dig the effect on Bardem's hair. It looks like he's underwater.

I actually tought it was Will's dad the first few second

Thats why you need to reread the conversation then, wouldnt ya buddy?

I unironically like the Pirates movies and think they're fun but what part of this teaser was supposed to remind anybody that?

come to think ifJack had any mean to istantly contact Will he would basically go on easy mod, having an immortal crew of buddies pretecting his ass

I did, and I still don't see how it makes sense. So how about you explain? Right now you're just dodging the question

Don't lie to yourself, or get some glasses.

I dont need to explain if you have bad reading skills and cant follow your own conversations.

Don't you think you might be need glasses, considering you're the one complaining about it being too dark?

It's because he drowned and died and is now a ghost.

A ghost who probably doesn't want to cross over to purgatory so that might be where Turner comes into play.

You're jsut dodging the question, so it's obvious you can't even explain your own dumbassery. Guess that's a good way to kill your own argument.

I liked that, too.
Bardem playing another Bond villain I don't like.

*need

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_films

Why the fuck do these movies cost so much to make

In Pirates they literally made the ships from scratch, and the "makeup" for stuff like the the flying dutchman took a lot of work. Guess that could be one of the reasons.

>two directors

D R O P P E D.

expensive actors
probably a lot of set pieces
filming in tropical locations
shit ton of special effects

Davy Jones' GOAT special effects don't come cheap.

The romantic subplot between the religious white-knight faggot and the mermaid hooker was the worst thing I've ever seen in a movie.

The Ships on the sea are not CGI

They are real ships. It cost a lot to build a ship for filming and they pobly built more then one

>simple zombie pirates

They're obviously going to be ghost pirates...or pirate ghosts? Pirate ghosts.

I want to fuck orlando bloom's son

On Stranger Tides came out in 2011, right in the middle of Twilight crazyness.
You can see where that shit spawned from.

For fuck's sake, shut the fuck of both of you. Fucking retards arguing about the stupidest shit. Kill youselves

That wasn't me user.

steampunk pirates when?
seriously, I don't think there are many options left

In that case, what I meant by "the execution looks good" is the quality of the visual effects, as opposed to the actual design of the character, which, as I said, could be better. Are you saying the CGI is bad, or the design?

Fuck it then you illiterate autist.

You said:
>Even more retarded to dub movies, just learn English.
>just learn English

Learn English despite whatever the native languages of the country that produces the film are. Produce the dubs in English.

I disagreed with that, telling you to respect the country's native language by reading the subtitles or not buying/watching the product at all.

You wouldn't be confused if your reading comprehension wasn't batshit retarded.

Jesus fuck

We shut up minutes ago

>dont have discussions!!!!
>REEEEEEEEE

It looked fine until you see his face, then both the cgi and design look shit

So if I go to Germany, I should respect Germany because they're too stupid to learn English, and instead dubs Native English movies into German?

No, that's still retarded, just keep the original dub and sub it in German, have respect for the original. If a Germany movies was released here I wouldn't expect it to be dubbed, because dubbed movies are awful, keep the original language and just add a sub.

But you've been shitting up the thread with your little side nationalism and film dubs "discussion" for a while. There is nothing constructive about
>hurrr learn english
>durrrr u can't even speak it right stupid amerifat
>nuhuhhhh dumb europoor
>derp you have no point
>no u herrrrrp

You guys aren't having a discussion you're shit-flinging.

Anyways, I am excited about the new Pirates movie. It looks like it's going to be fun.

Despite you being retarded and not understanding that Germany is bilingual, this point here:
>keep the original language and just add a sub.
Is what I've been fucking saying for the last half hour.

It prob will be a lot of fun

they always work together

just turn your brain off

depp desperately needs it after being fucked over by his wife

no u

Is there something wrong with turning your brain off about magic undead pirates and squid captains? Do you think those things are real?

Yeah, because we sure have ruined this already active and quality filled thread.

That's my point as well, but I also think it's retarded to dub movies into your native language, especially dubbing English movies. Let's say you dub an English movie into Spanish, now you only have Spanish speaking people understanding the movie, instead of Spanish + every English speaking person. English movies that are dubbed into German or Spanish, never have English subs(for obvious reasons), so you're basically fucking over everyone else and segregating.

Piratkino is back on the menu, boys.

Uruk-hai pirates haven't been done yet.

With a peg leg guy in this movie are there any pirate tropes left for them to do?

Keel-hauling. And other than the pincer on Davy Jones, has there been a proper hook-hand?

So was Barbossa
So was Jack

Death will go straight through him
They're ghostmen

Treasure Island

Patrician.

youtube.com/watch?v=saxI0Zu1ABI
English is a virus, un puto virus capullo de los putisimos huevos relamepollas afeitabombillas.

Skullface is like Blofeld from Spectre.
>IT WAS ME SNAKE
>IT WAS ME ALL ALONG
>I'M THE AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR MISERY
>I'VE TOTALLY BEEN HERE SINCE THE BEGINNING
Eugh.

I fucking hate MGSV, such a total let down. Fuck you kojimbo you stupid hack. Truly the George Lucas of vidya

And yet they're all still comfy

kojima was fired roughly halfway through the game, that line was most probably not his idea

Yay! It's Jack Sparrow vs Davy Jones 2.0 featuring Will Turner 2.0

Disney makes THREE types of movies ATM.
Movie type one
>Hero('s) vs crazy villain
>Hero('s) vs super weapon
>Hero('s) vs crazy villain and his super weapon

Disney is RUINING hollywood. They have probably already killed it.

>halfway through the game
Oh, it shows.

At least Pirates series is comfy fun, whereas capeshit is just shit

Javier Bardem is in it, I'm on board.

>series

The """""""series"""""""" is complete trash aside from pearl you fucking dimwit pleb fuckhead

>B-BUH LE COMFY!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck off back to whatever containment board you come from.

And the cycle starts over again!
Disney
cant
make
good
movies
anymore

did you forget to take your pills

The CGI looks worse than the first movie. You can tell that they spent all their time in warehouse studios rather than on location.

Curse of the Black Pearl was an excellent spectacle movie with great characters and set pieces. The series is getting worse with each movie.

>it's a villain of the week episode

Nah, it will do fine. It's the perfect
"shit, there's nothing good on the cinemas, i guess i can see this movie"

the first movie is literally a reworked monkey island script

The 4th one wasn't

No.
It's called having an interest in film and not rubbing your cock over CGI boats

>WE GON KILL JACK SPARROW

Oh wow guys Jack Sparrow is going to DIE! Not like that happened in any of the movies

>2>1
Is this bait?

No, he is just of the simpler kind

it actually did

So by "him", Salazar is referring to himself?

Looks good, I'm going to enjoy it and there's nothing you can do about it.

Scandinavia is more fluent in english that both america and england.

Why do people hate 3 so much?

Because faggots.
It's great. Sure it's a clusterfuck, but it works.

There is just some retarded statements that just ALWAYS pops up
And this is one of them

Also, the classic
>If you don't like it don't watch it

Just kill yourself please

Too much Keira Knightly being a shrill annoying bitch.

It's a bloated mess. They started shooting 3 before they'd even finished the script.

It was a clusterfuck.

CotBP was easily the best of the series. It was also the simplest, smallest in scale and the most self-contained. Which wasn't a coincidence.

This looks like it will be fucking great. I know the CGI is bad especially considering what the franchise has done before with Davy Jones, but considering how much smaller the budget on this film was compared to any of the others, it's admirable.
Will 's son searching for Jack and them probably having to team up reminds me a lot of the original movie. And you know Orlando Bloom is going to have some sick Davy Jones look in this one.
I'm hype as fuck.

>some sick Davy Jones look
Why? He's not cursed because he's still doing his job.

Davy Jones was only Squiddy because he abandoned his duty. Will doesn't get fished.

stupid cunt

meh, johnny depp's acting have been stagnating as of late
his performance in the looking glass was fucking abysmal and made me doubt it was really him

The actual effects budget was likely slashed, the only reason this movie cost so much is because of a lengthy preproduction and numerous rewrites.
Disney cut budgets when OST underperformed (they were going to shoot 4/5 back to back but didn't have a script they liked) and saw Depp losing his draw.

>Not Del Toro directed

We don't know that yet.

You mean biggest plunder of 2017
Piratekino is comfy

Have you never heard of post production?
It takes that long for effects and shit to be added to the filmed scenes.

>Dead Men Tell No Tales
this just reminds me that the ride's comfy intro through the cave gets ruined by a cgi Davey Jones projection.now.

Movie teaser looked alright I guess.

They had like 400 people waiting around while depp went back to the us for surgery/rehab depending on who you ask.

>official title is Salazar's Revenge over here
For what purpose

>inb4 they kill Jack in a dramatic scene, to the shock of the crew and surprise of Jack.
>Turner's son sacrifices something in something mystically related to call on his dad to bring back Jack from the grave
>Jack returns for the final battle with his own ghost fleet or some shit.

Rinse and repeat

This.

Fucking love me some Barbossa

I've only watched the one with a tentacle face.
I enjoyed it. Downloading all 4 movies right now
You guys say that 4th is really bad, why?
Did they changed writers/director or something? Or removed/casted different bad actor for important character?

removed two thirds of the main cast, to have it focus on Johnny depp alone

I don't think the 4th is terrible, but it was trying too hard to be quirky. The bigger issue is that most of the plot is resolved, the main character's arc is finished, so it's refocused on Jack, who was mostly a side character, as popular as he is.
But on the other hand it had Geoffrey Rush chewing the scenery as Barbossa so nobody can call it a total loss.

Because in your country Javier Bardem is more important so the people go to see him there you fatfuck.

We get it, you saw the new Plinkett review too

>wahhhh! Dont have fun!!

I dont see whats wrong with telling you that if you dont want to watch something, dont...

Youd have to be a triggered faggot to get uppidty about the things you dont like to watch

I wish they kept the series going without Depp. I think the world building is interesting enough that they could do more movies with different characters. Just use existing historical figures in them instead of Jack Sparrow all the time.

Like that means anything in these movies.

They could just make Barbossa the main character. I'd watch the fuck out of that.

probably not even gonna watch it, the first was great all the rest was fucking dogshit and I can't fucking stand that gay overacting piece of shit, was I supposed to understand a fucking word he said in the trailer?

so will being the new davy jones.
coudn't he just simply use his power to return these ghost pirates back to the land of the dead?

I'm not of the same idea. Jack's antics weren't interesting past the second movie, third at best. The dynamics between characters (different agendas, constant double-crossing, double-double-crossing) were always what kept the series alive.
Except for the 4th one, that one rode solely on Barbossa. We can give Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley all the crap we want but they turned out to be a vital part of the charm.

Come to think of it, the 4th movie is a perfect example of what happens when you do Jack Sparrow & Friends.

How do they exactly get dark-skinned mermaids?

I will never watch 4 because I fucking hate Penelope Cruz. Did something important happened there? Is it a decent movie or I can just ignore it?

its garbage

>because I fucking hate Penelope Cruz
gay as fuck

It has Barbossa being awesome with a peg leg.

Watch it if just for that. Penelope Cruz isn't even that bad in it.

>germany
>been around for 1000 years

Spaniard detected...

I think he still with the curse. I'm sure they will pull some bullshit to contact him, maybe to seek his help

How exactly did they get dark-skinned humans?

What a retarded question

Shit. You got me.

They don't have to pull anything. The scene at the end of the 3rd movie was 10 years after the end. They just have to set this movie before that.

What message does Bardem ask him to relay? Death cause great ??

Gemma Ward is a fucking hottie

Can you not math?

>Germany is a Western European country with a landscape of forests, rivers, mountain ranges and North Sea beaches. It has over 2 millennia of history.
>2 millenia
>2
>millenia

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germany

American education sure is shit

Yeah, but his job is to ferry the spirits of dead pirates to the underworld and this one is about a bunch of ghost pirates after Jack so I'm sure they'll need his help.

Captain "JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP" Sparrow?

>Will and Elizabeth's son has become an adult
>Gibbs is still stuck on Jack's wild ride
It never ends, does it?

>Caribbean
>WHY ARE THER BLACK PEOPLE LOL

this is a new level of retarded

It's a good thing only 20% of the AC movie takes place in the past, then.

>make cool game set in the past
>add pointless and stupid sci-fi shit to ruin things every once in a while
>then make a movie where it's even worse
Fucking hell.

>tfw ywn watch The Curse of the Black Pearl for the first time again

4th one would have been the best, but the love interest strong womyn ruined it

The best...
Ok...

I miss this meme

Are we gonna complain everytime there is a stronk woman on film?

Getting old, mate

>4th one would have been the best
KILL YOURSELF RIGHT NOW RIGHT NOW RIGHT NOW

youtube.com/watch?v=JImcvtJzIK8

It has Javier Bardem so I have to see it

wait i thought it was jeffrey dean morgan

>Jacques Sparrrrrrrooooo...

t. tumblr

Technically its more like the first movie since its undead ghosts again.

>tfw no pirates directed by the best duo directors

I thought it was undead Norringbum.
I momentarily forgot he redeemed himself in 3 and started wearing proper uniform again.

I thought it was Turner's dad.

>Lucasarts is now a disney subsidiary

...well I guess they could, but PotC is already MI with the labels filed off. So no point really, except for the music.

Its tumblr not to bitch and moan about everything?

Kek, okay

Just get Klaus Badelt again.

Wait, is it not the guy from the Bond movie?

They should make a pirate movie about the 2 girls that dressed up as lads for raunchy adventures on sea, surrounded by seamen and sperm whales

i believe they were featured in AC black fag and their story was somewhat rooted in history (it's not some made up fanfic about stronk cheeky girls playing pirates or anything)

It is

You mean Mary Reed and Anne Bonney?

Also Ian McShane as blackbeard was probably the best person they could've casted

>surrounded by seamen and sperm whales

Barbossa gets a dope ship he can control by remote. Everything else is inconsequential.

not just because they changed it, the new dub was absolute shit, that was the reason

the original german dub was also way better than depp himself to be entirely honest with you lads

>62 million in germany is flopping

wew lad

threadly reminder that someone thought it was a good idea to kill the Kraken offscreen

Depp had a unique voice in PotC up to that point, Marcus Off. Then they went back to David Nathan, the guy who normally does all things Depp in Germany. And he just sounds uninspired and lifeless in this.

You could say the German dub is Off either way.

I thought it was Turner himself

jack sure pissed off a lot of people in his day

But we did get the maelstrom sea battle in its stead. Better than having a rematch, because believe you me, if the Kraken had lived, it would've been endgame by necessity.

How does he do it? He's always so charming.

They built them in California and then sailed them down the coast to Panama and then across the Caribbean to where they were filming.

Its probably the smell.

Mermaids aren't humans though. They don't live on the surface.

Dead men smell no smells.

>the maelstrom sea battle
More like maelstrom SHIT battle. The only good thing about it was that stairwell scene, everything else was shit tier. The whole pirate union was a stupid idea to begin with.
And killing the kraken offscreen was an aberration. Without him Davy looked like a chump and the series lost the best archenemy that it could get. Everyone that went to watch the movie wanted to see the kraken again.

After it had most of its tentacles blown off?

That's evolution for you. To lure in blackies, you have to cater to their tastes as well. Else you luck yourself out of a welcome meal.

The masts interlocking was great, the impromptu wedding was great, the atmosphere was great. Having the Kraken again would've been boring because they already went all out against it in 2 and all it did was to temporarily making it retreat.

Those regenerate, iirc.

>evolution
>mermaids

What?

looks like a videogame trailer

>Redcoats falling like fucking nothing

Thanks America, thanks again

Don't tell me a literal wizard did it, user.
PotC is chock-full with supernatural stuff, but having to picture someone go around waving a wand and shouting
>POOF! LET THERE BE MERMAIDS!
really strains my disbelief.

Against ghosts who only appear solid when they want to. There's a limit where military training cn get you, and the afterlife is basically it.

anyone y!pp here?

I don't really understand what you're getting at, because he's on the Dutchman for that whole ten years, although why that's meant to be an obstacle to his appearance in DMTNT anyway is a mystery to me.

The plot would have been better if Poseidon himself was pissed off and the main villain. Although I do like Salazars actor

this, fuck jews for milking it

I have to admit I don't understand the lore of PoTC, the mythology, what have you.

In the first movie there were undead pirates, and Jack and Barbossa were some of them, then they were not undead anymore, they were normal (did they even die before the first movie? could they?) and besides that everything was kind of normal, Barbossa appeared on the end of the second movie "feeling alive". Then there was Davy Jones, who was a great character, with his undying fish pirate friends, okay that I understood as it comes straight from the legend, except for that Davy Jones controls the Kraken, which killed Jack Sparrow. But Jack did not actually die and I don't know why, he just appeared on some island with bizarre psychological effects on the upside down side of the world, that other people can enter and rescue him and get out, without much consequence. Davy Jones wanted Jack to become the next him or something, if I recall correctly, but Will Turner took Davy Jones' place, making him immortal, but cursed to be on the ship. There were also some ghosts of people on small ships, and people could talk to them, but they were in some kind of limbo. Then there were plenty of other pirates and that Jamaican voodoo thing with Alma which I still don't understand.

I didn't watch the fourth movie.

Now there are these other type of ghosts, which actually look very fleshy and more like zombies, keeping their wounds and all.

In short, what the fuck happends if you die in PotC?

Once you're captain of the Dutchman, you're captain forever until you relinquish the post. Jones also served his first ten years as a psychopomp, then got vengeful when Calypso stood him up. After that, things got fishy for him.

>Everyone that went to watch the movie wanted to see the kraken again
We had plenty of it in PotC 2, lad. It really didn't cross my mind that I'd like to see it again, and it was just a nice "Oh, there he is" moment when you see it beached.

History does not indicate the length of time a nation state has existed. A sovereign Germany with a national identity hasn't existed since 1871. Until then the dominant power in the region had been Prussia, with a host of other states holding dominion over what is now Germany.

looks like everyone will get BLACKED this time

>The 4th one flopped in germany

Needed more Muslim characters.

Who is your favorite "trailer reaction channel"?

can germans even understand without dub?

I'm not german

>trailer reaction chanel

kys, are you so brain dead you need to watch people react to things to know how to react?!

>(did they even die before the first movie? could they?)
No. The cursed Aztec treasure kept them alive, but basically removed there souls. It's a kind of torture. Also before they actually got to the treasure, Barbarossa mutinied against Jack, so Jack was never cursed.

>Barbarossa appeared at the end of the second movie "feeling alive"
He was resurrected by the goddess Calypso who was bound in human form. He was rezzied on the idea that he return her to her actual form.

>why didn't jack die directly
The Kraken swallowed him whole, which sends you right the fuck to Davy Jones locker, a kind of purgatory, instead of heaven/hell.

>they went and rescued him
Yep, although if they'd stayed like an hour more they'd have been trapped in there for eternity.

>Davy Jones wanted him to become the next him
No, Jack made a deal with Davy. Davy raised Jack's ship, the Black Pearl, from the depths, in exchange Jack was to deliver 1000 souls to him. He failed to do so, and as such Davy wants his soul.

>ghosts in the small ships
These were people who died at sea who were travelling through Davy Jones's locker. That's actually his job, to ferry these people, but because he's a dick he just hasn't been doing it for a long time, hence these people are stuck in limbo.

>what happens if you die
If you die on land, nothing. If you die on the sea, Davy Jones ferry's your soul to the afterlife.

But there is a bunch of stuff you can do in terms of cheating death, but it all comes at a cost.

Dude just chill, Some people actually enjoy films.

Let me break it down for you chief:
>Barbossa and his traitorous crew were cursed by Aztec gold and were undead. That curse was lifted once all blood was paid and he died after Jack shot him
>Barbossa was brought back by Calypso, who was stuck looking like a voodoo chick so just assume she knows how to do that
>Davy Jones did worse than kill Jack with the Kraken, he sent him to The Locker, which is a purgatory of sorts worse than death where he couldnt rest. Davy Jones is the only one who can do this to people I assume.
>Jack wanted to be immortal, and debated taking Davy Jones place. The only problem was that he had to do his abandoned job, which was guide lost souls at sea. If not, Jack would be a fish man.

He'll be back in this movie as a ghost pirate

screencap this post

I thought the first 2 movies were fine. 3 went full retard and it stayed like that from there. I kind of hope this is a return to form and they end it here.

>History does not indicate the length of time a nation state has existed.
Everything you said was either retarded or only half true, but this statement was the most retarded of them all. It us flat out wrong.

You can look these things up you know, how old some countries are.

>In 1871, Germany became a nation state when most of the German states unified into the Prussian-dominated German Empire.

German states and their earlier formats, have themselves also existed for quite time, with the constant being culture.

Yes. Germany in one state or another, has existed for about 2 millenia

>Various Germanic tribes have occupied the northern parts of modern Germany since classical antiquity. A region named Germania was documented before 100 AD. During the Migration Period the Germanic tribes expanded southward. Beginning in the 10th century, German territories formed a central part of the Holy Roman Empire.[8] During the 16th century, northern German regions became the centre of the Protestant Reformation.

The new formation post 1871 as a nation state doesnt mean Germany was nonexistent in 1870...

You just need to watch the movies again and pay attention.

First Movie
>The undead pirates were undead because they stole cursed Aztec gold.
>They did never die, not could they in their state. They just turned to skellingtons in moonlight and couldn't feel a thing ever while under the curse
>Linking Park - Numb.mp3
>The curse was reversed when all the gold was returned to the chest it was taken from, which was their motivation.
>Jack was undead for a short while when he too stole a coin from the chest to trick Barbossa.
>Barbossa died as a human.

Second movie
>This film basically exists to fix the plot hole of Will inadvertently killing his own father, Bootstrap Bill, after reversing the curse, as he was undead and on the sea floor during movie 1
>Davy Jones has beef with Jack because Jack just pisses everybody off to get what he wants.
>So he gets to pay his life-debt with Jones by being swallowed by the Kraken and taken straight to Davy Jones' Locker without actually dying.
>This is the Upside Down World you mention.
>Tia Dalma, the godess of the sea in disguise, and DJ's former sweetheart, resurrects Barbossa as a capable Captain for the other cast members, as they have to go to "World's End". Resurrecting Barbs is easy, because he was actually dead, not transported into sailor hell.

Third movie
>Jones' heart has been seized by the West India Trading Company so they can keep pirates in check through their supernatural lapsquid.
>Jones just wants his heart back, as it's his Achilles' heel, and go back to terrorize the seven seas out of spite
>Will wants to save his father, Bootstrap Bill, from eternal servitude under Jones.
>Jack wants the heart, because power.
>Will gets lethally injured in the final confrontation with the Dutchman and the WITC.
>His only chance to survive is to take up Jones' role as pirate psychopomp.
>Jones and Calypse are reunited in death
>Jack sets out to find the fountain of youth instead.

No, it'll make money, but less than they expected and less than the previous ones

>Bildschirmfoto

Yes we can, but we appreciate the extra effort. For those who don't, DVDs are multilinguial and you just pick whichever dub you like best.

>The Hangover -> Very Bad Trip
Yes, French are dumb if they have to change the movie title lest people won't come see it because they couldn't understand the film's premise from the title. And apparently they are illiterate since subs only available in big towns like Paris, but even Marseille cinemas barely have subs. Stupid protectionist French who think their language is too sacred. I could've wish the language will die, but i reckon the future generation of french is already doing the work.

>History does not indicate the length of time a nation state has existed.
Does everyone just get Alzheimer's when they form a new country, neet?

Why does every pirate boss in PotC need to have a meme crew?

>Barbossa
>Undead skeletals crew

>Davy Jones
>"Undead" half-fish-half men crew

>Black Beard
>Zombies

>This new guy
>A different type of zombies

???

Norrington is great

>>A different type of zombies

Ghosts aren't zombies though. It is another "undead" crew though.

countries change the title all the time, not because it's confusing but because the original title was fucking shit to begin with

Nice retarded opinion there faggot. I'm sure everyone cares

Ah, so they are ghost

>Blackbeard had zombie pirates
I dont know what the point of that was, or half his weird voodoo shit because it was utterly pointless in the long run. Salazar at least looks interesting given that ghost thing hes got going, able to run on water and walk through walls.

What about that skellington that got blown up by Will's grenade? Did he live until the curse was broken?

yes, thanks senpai

Can you imagine it, lusty adventures of hawlin in big booty
>ywn experience adult rated big budget pirate kino

new crew are Zombie Ghosts.

He got blown to bits and couldn't pull himself together. Then the curse was lifted and he turned into chowder.

>Jack wants the heart because power

didn't he want it so he could free himself from his obligation to DJ?

So they weren't undead at all?

2 movie he wanted it as leverage so Davy would destroy the contract. 3rd movie he wanted it to become immortal, but decided to use it to save Will. His debt with Jones was kind of irrelevant by that point

In the end he had to make the decision to stab the heart himself or let Will do it, so the curse and immortality could be transferred to him.
Jack was after immortality with feelings, which was different from the numbness-yet-unkillability from the Aztec gold.

>France
>not learn the lingua Franca.
Ahahaha

Because its rad as fuck breh

2>4>1>3

Depends on what you call undead. They never died, yet they could not live, not feel, no nothing. And the moonlight revealed their true state through not needing food or any kind of sustenance.

Get out

this desu familia

>themes are memes now because I said so

theme and meme rhyme, that means they are synonyms

>themes

i-its not r-r-re using old ideas u guis! they are themes! they rhyme like pottery!

Undead wasn't the right word, I guess
But they weren't immortal, then

They were immortal until Jack/Will lifted the curse.

You dont know what themes are do you?

memes?

2 >= 1 > 4 > 3

But they were, under the curse. The bomb pirate was alive and in pieces until the curse was lifted. Then the bits and pieces died.

No...

see
If he was immortal he would've lived, right? Be it in a 1000 pieces

Ye and I just explained why having undead zombie'ish themed crews are stupid

Yeah, but children and elderly people want to enjoy and understand movies, too.
Some dubbs even add to the movie, Ghostbusters 2016 was way more enjoyable dubbed in german because the dialog was scripted much better.

Also the sexist jokes were largely gone.
>warning lights are for boys
>Warnlichter sind für Weicheier (for weaklings)

He was literally in a 1000 pieces, yet if someone put him back together while under the curse, the guy would have been fine, or at least in his own private hell. Guy wasnt officially dead until the curse was gone. This isnt that hard to follow user

what else could they even do in a series like this?

go back from fucking calypso and krakens and upside down ships and fish men and ships being pushed by crabs and zombies and skeletons and fights on wheels and brit characters who are actually cool to a totally realistic pirate story?

no way jose

That's what I asked
literally fuck your attitude

Its not my fault you cant follow a simple fucking movie user. Fuck your thin skin too

Alright fellas, that really clears things up for me. I haven't watched the movie in ages.

they could just meet him somewhere in the real world, last davey jones could be interacted with, so there's no reason they cant meet will on the dutchman

here

Forgot to say, thanks m8s! Appreciate it.

2=1 > 3 >>>>>>

They were cursed not undead, they would have had to have been dead then resurrected in order to be undead.

Jolly roger that. Stay savvy, first m8.

Why do people hate the 3rd one? I guess the pirate UN plot was a bit silly especially since they gathered this whole army but didn't actually fight, but just watched two ships fight instead. But everything else is pretty good and wrapped things up nicely.

>page 9 already

She's taking on water quick.
It has been a pleasure to serve with you on this thread, mates. See you in Davy Jones' locker.

Personally I didnt like how the 3rd one neutered Davy Jones and they lazily killed off the Kraken. Beckett wasnt that great of a villain. Not to mention the pirate king/calypso stuff didnt really mesh well.

it's mainly what you mentioned + calypso for me

i don't know why calypso of all things bugs me compared to all the other crazy shit in these movies, i guess because it was introduced at the end of the movie and felt more like a random retarded convoluted plot twist than most of the other loony concepts they introduced in these movies

it doesn't really ruin my enjoyment of the movie but these are the things that make me think of it as worse than the others, including the fourth

The Calypso thing was foreshadowed in PotC2 with both Jones and Tia Dalma having the same music box locket. I called it after the movie back in 2006 that she would be revealed to be his sweetheart.

Probably the one where they get attacked by holy crusaders while shooting. Unfortunately no reaction channel like that exists.