Mr. Plinkett's The Star Wars Awakens Review

So, what did you guys think?

youtube.com/watch?v=miVRaoR_8xQ

>inb4 waaah he only does a TFA Review for like 40% of the video

Well deal with it faggots, it's a video about the current state of Star Wars and its fandom after the big Disney takeover (hence the title "The Star Wars Awakens").

Also there isn't as much to criticize and dissect in TFA as there was in the clusterfuck of the Prequels, he admits that most of the stuff in his TFA review is just nitpicking.

Other urls found in this thread:

starwarsringtheory.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Mr. Cuckold wants more interracial relationships

Dropped

go back to your subreddit

Describe the kind of person who makes this thread - the kind of person interested in a discussion about RedditLetterMedia's latest spewed up glib piece of """""criticism""""".

idk how i feel about this yet. it feels kinda unnecessary

Nah, I thought that was funny.

>"I don't care who, but SOMEONE in this movie has to fuck."

Followed by the montage of characters giving friendly hugs.

It's a good point, and something I didn't really pick up on when I watched the film.

>i completely missed the point so i'm just gonna spam Cred Forums may-mays

Plinkett has simply called out Disney on their hypocrisy. They're saying "Oh look at us, we are such a diverse and progressive corporation!" while they won't even allow an interracial kiss in their Star Wars movie. I thought you guys like exposing liberals?

That montage of "Gay Characters" from Star Wars was great

The review itself was great, but my favorite part is all the people it triggered.

>SJW's will probably get triggered because he said "Tranny" and made a joke about black people having a high chance of being criminals
>Cred Forumstards already butt-blasted beyond belief
Pic related

My biggest laughs were "intellectual pears" and "hugs are for everyone", he made some good points though.

Wasn't very funny and it seemed like his heart wasn't into it.

Think internet fame is getting to him.

>Think internet fame is getting to him.
What does that even mean? What an empty useless comment.

what? no. its like idk i cant put it in words. its just... i rather he review cop dog or something else

I'm still waiting for the Plinkett review of the Matrix Trilogy

you already have your argument jimmyfag. im waitingggggg.....

like the Lucas talk show bits. Where he pretty much foreshadows Plinkett's critisisms of TFA playing it safe too much.

Review had no clear focus, spent too much time talking about that stupid ring theory, I still don't know if Mike liked TFA or not

based mike

Yeah the first bit where he talks about fan reception to the movies felt kind of pointless and weird. You don't need to make an in-depth analsys about somebody's blog just because it's star wars related. Other than that the review was on point.

He likes the movie but is still very aware that it has flaws that are worth criticizing.

>Punches Phasma in the face
>CHEWIE
>TRASH COMPACTOR

The TFA part is just like the other reviews. He nitpicks all the problems. TFA just doesn't have that many problems.

It's a shame the movie wasn't a complete disaster so that he could be more vitriolic in his criticism.

If the film is a soft reboot then so was this review. 3/5.

Yeah best part for sure

>tfw lonely gay

That scene with all the reaction videos played together and them freaking out at seeing the Millenium Falcon was great though, and really shows how much cancer those "reactors" are.

>A black guy that doesn't want to shoot his gun?
Fucking Mike

He defends TFA too much. He ignored a lot of blatant problems because he didn't want to seem like a typical Internet reviewer. The sad thing is his gripes with the film were actually way more nit pickey than the obvious bad stuff. The worst thing about TFA for me was the acting anyway, or more accurately the directing since Rey and Finn have the same awful deliveries for the entire film. I don't know how anyone can honestly say they identified with or enjoyed watching those characters. They were blatant diversity quota cases, they chose the tomboyest girl and the blackest looking black guy they could instead of the best actors for the parts and it ruins the film.

i am always losing it at his wrong pronounciations

>Padamay
>Ewan McDonald

>It's a good point
Is it? I thought most people around here would be sick of romance being shoehorned into every single movie. It's a bit weird that we get a single movie without it and Plinkett spends ages complaining about it.

Star Wars shouldn't be the movie without romance. The thing is, it's not like it was completely without it either. The review even brings up the fact that the first half of the movie builds up a potential romance subplot and then completely drops it afterward.

Apart from the ring theory part which was totally pointless, I thought it was great.

I especially liked him shitting on "nerd culture" and his suggestion for how the movie could have been made without being an episode 4 ripoff.

Yeah, didn't care for the 10 minutes about the ring theory, rest was good

>Ewan McDonald

stormfront isn't the best site for movie analysis my friend

I think his story suggestions were good too but it's very difficult to imagine how that alternative movie would have been structured. So does Luke go into exile and Kylo Ren go to the dark side in the first act of the movie? When/Where does Rey fit in? Does the movie still end with finding Luke, or is that pushed to the second film?

I think it's pretty easy to just say better ideas like he did but not so easy to actually explain how to make a well-balanced and engaging film with them.

I'm really shocked at how many Cred Forums comments are highly voted on the review. Did they organize a brigade or something?

It only feels shoehorned when it's forced into a narrative where it really doesn't belong. For a straightforward narrative like this, especially one that's such a retread of an established story with a strong romance element, I don't really have an issue with it.

In the Force Awakens it felt like they were trying to set up a romantic sort of subplot between Finn and Rey, where he meets what might possibly be the first attractive girl he's ever seen and immediately tries to impress her and hit on her. You even that cute little scene where Han gives him some girl advice, from an experienced ladykiller to young inexperienced negro. It felt like a natural part of his character and motivation, but then dropped it is dropped almost immediately with zero payoff later. If they're going to put that kind of stuff in there at all, they should have at least made it satisfying.

Agreed, what part of SAFE SOFT REBOOT don't you get? That is why TFA is "OK".

>i...it's ok guys. It's a rip off intentionally because it's a soft r..reboot

No. People are just waking up, thankfully.

Whatever boyega was hired cause his style on attack the block.

Cred Forums manchildren are the primary audience of RLM

Poes law is a bitch

It was mostly boring, badly structured, kept repeating the same thing over and over again and lacked any insightful comments.

I don't care that the actual TFA review only compromised a small part of the video, because ultimately the film itself isn't as interesting as the conditions that created the film and how it came to being the way it is.

Overall, Pointless/10.

A true member of the Cred Forums old guard, tourist.

>thousands have lived without love, not one without water

Can't stop the truth. The era of SJW oppression is over.

hey jimmyfag stupid person here waiting for your le oldfag response

No, it's not the war rages on

>Cred Forums was created in 2011
>RLM has been part of Cred Forums culture since 2009

I hate newfags.

>mfw that came up

Also post some highlights guys

>Vietnam birth control
>Fucking actress talking how people admire cpt Phasma before she gets knocked out and murdered after a whole 2 minutes of screen time
>It's a 5 minute sentence that carefully rips Lucas another one
>Disney shills on suicide watch to defend their soulless mass enterprise
>White girl can't kiss the black guy
>This shit was done on teevee in the 60's already
>Disney confirmed for starting all the hate towards Finn to create an environment where people discuss the movie as a socio-political event just like Ghostbusters did

Holy shit Mike is a genius

This. And it was a good casting choice. Too bad there is no point in him being in the movie.

>What does that even mean? What an empty useless comment.

seems bored and jaded. When he says stuff like "and now the part all of you have been waiting for *audible sigh*"

And after that he says that nitpicking is not critique.

He should have made a separate video for shitting on prequel fags.

Wish he called out all the weird moments in the movie. Instead he only indirectly mentions them and never puts criticism to them, like Chewie walking past Leia.

This confirms that Mike doesn't really care about what Star Wars looks and feels like apart from the movies being decently told stories. If his Star Wars autism were higher he would have ripped the movie apart. The thing is that nobody even needs Star Wars autism to criticize the prequels. They're that bad.

I agree

Star Wars autists have never produced anything of value.

>first half of "review" is complaining about prequel apologia
>finally gets to TFA
>starts apologizing for prequels

Poetry.

>why aren't you plinketting TFA?
>where's the plinket review of the new star wars
>whats going on with plinket, you going to do episode 7?
>hey whats up with plinket not reviewing TFA yet?
repeat 20 million times

There was nothing in the plinkett review people hadn't already realized and said thousands of times, just as the review directly acknowledges. Everyone saw what was happening and everyone knew what was going to happen. There was no (illusory) mass realignment of opinion that came with the prequel reviews (for there couldn't be), where finally someone said what everyone was sort of feeling, but had no way to vocalize, and in a lot of cases had long since relegated to same place the back of their minds as the time an uncle they haven't seen since was way too interested in their private parts.

I have nothing but a complete lack of surprise that Space Cop was a pathetic, abysmal failure of a film, and I have nothing but scorn and contemptuous laughter for the morons who have been supporting Red Letter Media for years with patronage. Laziness and lack of organisation will ALWAYS shine through, in the end.

Red Letter Media have based their entire schtick around "humorous irony" but this time, when they themselves were put to the test ("can YOU make a good film, with all your supposed knowledge about it?") their true colors shone through for all to see. I knew it would happen, of course. I knew it from the first time I decided to bite the proverbial bullet and attempt to view one of their videos on Youtube.

Hopefully as a direct result of this, one or more of the members of Red Letter Media will realise that they are, and have been, nothing but an abhorrent failure "half-assing it" through life, and put an end to it. Their life, that is. Now THAT I would give patronage to.

Make your suicides happen, Red Letter Media. It's the only chance at redemption you all have.

>this pile of feces was slightly better than that pile of feces so that means it was good.
There, I just summarized the review.

>george lucas honestly thinking he was ahead of his time with an all black movie
>in 2012

One thing they did miss was how JJ is completely and totally beholden to test marketing. He test markets when to take a shit then lives by that result the rest of his life. He test marketed every single solitary aspect of TFA. But, even in [CURRENT YEAR], test marketing always gives a strong negative reaction to a black man kissing anything other than a curb.

You're allowed to say shit on the internet.

It was all tied together, though. As prequel apologetics did not pop up until just as the ink was drying on the sale of star wars to disney.

Half of that wasn't in the review

Mike wanted Rey to kiss Finn but said that Disney is too chickenshit to do it

And he never said Disney started all the hate toward Finn. He said that the #antiwhite people were retards

Boyega's part may have been redundant but he's a great actor and I think for the role he was given was superb. I really hope he's given more purpose in the next one so we can follow him around more often. So I can see why he was chosen. Heaven forbid the best actor for a part is 'the blackest looking'. Not exactly something they can control, is it

>prequel fags are this mad at RLM for shitting on their nostalgia childhood

Nice one Mike.

ah another page
for my noodly grimoire!

If he'd waited a few years he could've pulled a Ghostbusters

Thoughts on this lads?

ghostbusters just proved that bad publicity is actually a thing, though.

and goddamn why can't I find that article about how test audiences always react negatively to black men kissing anything.

This.

It feels like he was embarrassed by his praise of it in HitB, but can't go full Plinkett without looking like a hypocrite. So he just casually mentions some of the problems the movie has.

TFA is better than every other movie on that list.

Well, the problems, as he admits, were kinda just niggling bullshit.

No one noticed chewie just walking past leia after han died in the theater.

We're not even talking about TFA, or even the review of TFA

We're talking about the half of the review that they don't talk about TFA and instead talk about Ring Theory, Internet Reviewers, and Disney

Truly a glib facsimile of a genuine review

I thought it was interesting because I've seen the same dumb prequel arguments here all the time and never knew where that dumb shit came from.

>chewie just walking past leia after han died
That's not a real problem, that's one of those fake issues that prequel apologists made up.

People would be let down by a plinkett star wars review thats significantly shorter than its predecessors.
Also the quality of TFA directly ties with why it wasnt the solo focus, as it wasnt shitty enough to get a movie long review on its own

Titanic wasn't shit either, yet he found stuff to talk about

Stephen king in the credits?

That's because the hype for Titanic has long died down so there isn't a need to bring it up until a review was made. Plus back then there wasn't a lot of other RLM productions taking ideas away from the review.

Faster forward to 2015 and you now got a bunch of annoying Plinkett fans constantly poking RLM to review TFA since it was announced, so they were force to tease bits and pieces of potential review material to fans.

Pointless. it's sort of like AVGN, far outstayed it's welcome now it's just kinda sad to watch.

>far outstayed it's welcome now

It's the exact opposite, there have been so little Plinkett reviews that people are still getting massively hyped about them.
AVGN has done like what? 130 Episodes in 5 years? compare that to the amount of Plinkett reviews in the same timespan.

>It's a good point, and something I didn't really pick up on when I watched the film.

More like you are now gonna hold that as your opinion now that Mike said it

>, I still don't know if Mike liked TFA or not

Are you retarded?

Do people seriously buy into that ring theory bullshit?

What timestamp was the gay montage?

If it was, I wouldn't have pointed out that it was someone else's observation and that I didn't notice it you fucking faggot.

Stop projecting.

No but my brain did

>Reviewer points out something that you haven't realized before but it makes sense
>You're not allowed to have that opinion as somebody else already has it

are fucking retarded?

You should get a new one.

it was somewhere within the 1:20:00 to 1:24:00 mark

I like when he exposed Cinemasins for the soulless hacks they are.

>RLM has been part of Cred Forums culture since they learned they were faggots that can't form opinions

fuck the hack-frauds from Cinema Rectum too!

>the time it took to make that graph could have been spent doing any of the things mentioned in it
>moronic non-argument

>damage control the review

prequels were fine, get mad

This was a lazy review
They obviously couldn't/didn't think of anything like the first 3

An hour of random shit is fucking lazy Mike

It was pretty much everything I expected.

>prequels were bad who knew, not even fan theories make the acting any less terrible.
>lets not knit pick the inconsistencies of tfa despite the numerous plotholes even though my prequel reviews are basically just that.
>when lucas makes fan pandering references its bad and hes a hack, when jj does it this is somehow alright because it tickles my nostalgia.
>stuff about diversity that really has no relevance to how incoherant the characters are in this movie
>some funny jokes but a lot of flat ones that add nothing to the review.

The only reason to bring up the prequels would be to talk about how theyre both dofferent brands of shit for different reasons. Everyone hated the fan pandering in the prequels but its apparently okay now because of reasons. TFA is a bad corporate commity made movie with bad pacing and characters who hardly have any arcs. Its a bunch of iconography thrown in your face with none of the emotional or logical buildup of the originals.

It was a mediocre review.

This

Now he's too popular to be controversial so he acts like reciting the status quo in an angry voice still makes him edgy (see: Henry Rollins).

I liked it

what made me laugh was when he was wondering why Disney didn't have a interracial kiss, he was like "is it cause hes black?!"

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it, this review feels like it's 5-9 years too early. TFA is a boring, safe as fuck reboot that's as shallow as a kiddie pool and it'll only be worth talking about when the whole new trilogy is out so it can be put in the proper context.

Putting this out there now would be like doing the Plinkett Ep 1 review in 2002. Thats why this video is padded out with even more prequel bashing (as if 3 hour long plus Plinkett reviews arent enough), and even more time wasted on stupid Internet theories I wasn't aware anyone even gives a shit about aside from shit eating faggots on Wookipedia who don't deserve the attention in the first place.

I get that they are probably under some pressure (?) to do Plinkett but they should've resisted. It's kinda obvious that they got swept up in the initial feel-good wave that was the TFA release last year and are now starting to realize that it's not that great. But there isn't much to talk about since the movie isn't interesting enough to dissect like eps 1-3.

I've disagreed with RLM on a number of movies, especially their TFA review, but I still enjoy their content and don't think people should be generally so triggered by this review. But I do think that fans who were looking forward to a proper Plinkett review have every right to be disappointed by this latest offering.

>Let's push for a liberal agenda! That will surely show those liberals!

How retarded are you?

Great post

It's something the casting director could have controlled.

I agree for tye most part except I dont think its too early. Tfa had plenty of problems on its own to warrant a review. Anakin may have sucked and been defeated numerous times in the 2nd and 3rd movie in the prequels but this makes none of his acting or borderline wish full fillment any less of a shitshow in the 1st.

TFA isnt interesting enough on its own and it shows, theres plenty to talk about but this review felt like a slow safe nod than a proper dissection of the movie.

Best gags?

On clickbait sites defending the prequels with stupid pointless lists of minor things they did right:
>Again, it's like picking the positives of cancer!
>1. You get to stay at home from work!
>2. Save money at the Barber Shop!
>3. Eat what you want and STILL lose weight!

But I think he had a point. He only "defended" the prequels as far as saying he was glad they tried to tell a different story rather than just being a soft reboot like TFA.

> Nostalgizing original trilogy as some work of art by a small group of dedicated craftsmen
Maybe the first one, but really, Return of the Jedi being portrayed as 80s Primer?

I think a lot of people are upset that he didn't say what he expected then to say about TFA. They were hoping he's parrot how they feel back at them so they'd feel validated.

Turns out that the video wasn't even really a Plinkett "review" as much as it was a statement on Star Wars fandom post Disney buy out. It's meant to cover basically everything that has happened to the property since Revenge of the Sith. Everybody's complaining about how much of the video is that, but to me that was the most interesting part of the video.

TFA is a movie with a weak story but it's competently made. The issue with critiquing the storytelling alone is that eventually the whole thing is just destined to divulge into your fan fiction. Plinkett Reviews for the prequels had a bit of that, but the more interesting stuff was Plinkett talking about the fundamental flaws.

ROTJ was definitely a transitional film to a corporative product, but for all the awful things it might have had, there were still a lot of great moments. IMHO, the final sequences are perfect.

The fun thing is that the TFA review is Plinkett's "prequel saga" while the prequel reviews are his "original saga"

At the 50 minute mark, when he finally started talking about TFA my literal thoughts were "Oh hey, I'm still alive. And I'm watching a review, I guess"

It's like poetry. It rhymes.

Agree

I feel like it's an interesting video even if the bulk isn't directly SW:TFA. Most the people who don't enjoy it seem to be getting upset that Mike didn't tackle their personal pet issue with the film.

Pretty much this, the casting ruined the movie and we know it.

>competently made

I dont understand what people mean by this. The cgi in tfa especially on he ranthars is already aging poorly. The characters and starkiller plot are the worst parts of it especially rey who is the centerpoint of the movie. Is it competent because we have one character doing everything or because the score is utterly forgettable. Is it competent because the resostance doesnt really make sense or the first order for that matter?

What exactly is competent about this movie,what exactly did it even do well?

I thought the black joke was funny and I'm black. People need to learn to live a little and laugh at yourself a bit, trust me, that's tame coming from him or anyone on that show.

They probably have said some really fucked up shit in the past.

>Lucas can't fix the armchair, it's so broken there's no way to save it
>J.J.'s Fan Service can't fix the armchair either, but he can make sitting in that shitty armchair more comfortable

Seems pretty kino to me

Honestly I didn't think the diversity shit was all that noticeable or bad. Finn was by far the least offensive character in the new film. That being said, the main point has nothing to do with diversity, but rather with safety and ensuring the widest possible profit from the series. Diversity is a codeword for WE WANT THE ASIAN/BLACK/LATINO AUDIENCE

And there was another on the Milwaukee riot in August. I really don't know why the ones butthurt about diversity gloss over the fact that he casually plays around with the black stereotype.

>You live in Malaysia and Plinkett don't want your mudnigger types in SW.

TRASH COMPACTOR

To be fair, Malaysians are the most pathetic people in the world along with Indonesians.

Asian, brown, Muslim, manlets... it's like rolling the lowest possible stats in every category.

I kind of wish he talked a little about the shows since they are kind of a significant part of the fandom and the prequels now.

The shows are the only thing that feels like "new star wars" as opposed to soft reboots or complete clusterfucks. They are able to take risks and go to different places. The Clone Wars TV show works so much better as a substitute for the prequels and star wars rebels turned into a pretty good show as well.

It was more about the fact that there was almost no romance in the film at all, something that was prevalent in the OT. Mike went on about a Rey/Finn kiss because it's the most logical romance between the new characters, even being hinted at early in the film. That, and it's somewhat hypocritical to cast the film with such an emphases on diversity but not have an interracial romance.

I think it's pretty hilarious that they think poltics was cut and dry with no gray areas pre WW2. Like that was the last moment in time that politics made sense.

tried to watch it 3 times but it was too boring

Literally no one was upset by that but everyone was upset by him saying rey and finn should kiss

I don't think there's much to say about the shows. They're all right I guess. They're better than prequel movies but I've seen every episode of those shows and have never really felt thrilled. If a kid unfamiliar with Star Wars watched those shows it's not gonna change their life like if would for a kid watching A New Hope for the first time.

TFA was just as mediocre as the prequels. Everyone knows it deep down but it seems even RLM were blinded by the "diversity" controversy and gave it a free pass because they were scared of being associated with the haters.

Having been given time to think about it more Mike is clearly having to admit how shitty it was.

He really should've done a different series, like The Hobbit or The Matrix, hearing him regurgitate the same Star Wars complaints is very uninteresting.

Is there any part in this that's as detailed as "The Language of Cinema"?

So tired of diversity and including every non-white into my fucking movies.

They just shouldn't exist honestly.

>that whole portion about humanizing Phasma

So he's willing to avoid "nitpicking" except when it comes to whiteknighting a near-irrelevant side character?

that is the joke

is this a satirical post.

I've totally lost my ability to tell

It's not really nitpicking if you're suggesting ways to improve what turned out to be a really insignificant character that was prominently featured in the film's marketing material.

>my movies
The entitlement levels are off the charts.

it's funny how liberals are such terrible people they can't tell obvious satire when they see it

Is THIS a satirical post?

It's a little more complicated like that. You got lazy bootleg Indonesians that fucked everyone from Europe to China, Jew chinks, designated shitting criminals, and an assortment of tiny minorities in the eastern half that nobody cares about.

This place doesn't have a cohesive national identity or a national race.

no. liberals often project the worst qualities onto other people where normal people see satire. it's the reason they are anti-gun. they think wanting to own a gun means wanting to murder people.

projecting much? stormfriend :^)

Jesus Chist, you Americans are really just n bunch of scared ,fat fucks.

Why do you even discuss so much about SW? Its just an trash SF flick from the eighties.
Why do you even care about some YTubers opinion, be it Plinkett or anyone else?
what the fuck is wrong with you, women and black people, biggest problem in USA history.
Oh,and Jews.Jaws.
What abot Italians, Cosa Nostra literally filled White House and government in general with their chldren(now higly educated children of succesful businismen).

Or them crazy Canadians with their funny accent and commie healtcare agenda.
Fuck sake, Roma Invicta, pope rules with USA.

Obviously the person who made the graph has already seen those flicks or else they wouldn't be able to make the graph

I miss Siskel and Ebert.

no, you are the one projecting. I can confidently say I am not worried in the slightest that I will hurt myself or someone else with a gun in a fit of emotional rage. liberals can't say that because they can't control their emotions.

The integrity of mainstream film critics has really gone down the drain since Ebert is gone.

Sincere critics are still alive and well, but they don't get the airtime that bribed clickbait reviews are now commending.

No passion, no anger, not even mild mock annoyance.

Mike's grown old and stopped caring.

Are these satirical posts

>DUDE HE SAID PULL OUT THAT MEANS SEX
The clips they used to showcase the supposed innuendos were a reach.

there was nothing to be angry about

jesus you faggots are so predictable

I've noticed that there are a ton of highly rated anti-SJW comments all over YouTube now.

I think people are just getting sick of it

if you feel passionatly angry against fucking TFA of all things, then i got some bad news for you autismchan

was I wrong about something? please tell me if I was.

Does Mike think men and women can't have a platonic relationship? Like he assumes that these two people will just bang because they shared an adventure. The lack of forced romance was refreshing.

I think their chemistry + their obvious love and knowledge of film really propelled them to great heights.

It's something I don't think we will ever see again.

Did you actually watch this? Mike makes none of the points you think he did. He actually agrees with most of what you say. He just accepts that there isn't a reality where JJ and Disney don't make a safe film. Once you accept that then you can see that TFA was the best you could hope for.

>not picking apart a lazy, hackneyed cashgrab in a thread dedicated to discussing said cashgrab is autism
>defending a bait and switch review

You fucks are so sad.

>Shits on other reviewers
Come on mike, that's something I expected from people like keemstar or leafy, not people who live by having different opinions.

>numale.jpg

I'd be willing to bet my left nut that guy lives in Brooklyn.

It's almost like they rewrote his character after they realized they were keeping Po alive so that they wouldn't have any concrete sexual orientation because they knew the fans would see homosexual subtext in Po and Finn's interactions and give them a chance to cram in even more diversity. These filmmakers are not stupid people, they know exactly who they're marketing their movie to.

>He just accepts that there isn't a reality where JJ and Disney don't make a safe film

You fool

get outta here Cinematic Rectum fanboy

you can pick apart it all you want
i said why be passionatly angry about it
its just a fucking movie

>guy has some light facial hair
>"NUMALE KEK XD"

Care to expand on this?

>millennial
>numale beard
>numale haircut
>non-prescription glasses
>plaid shirt

Let me guess you look exactly like him but you're not a numale right?

>mediocre prequel comes out when you're in your early 20's
>hate it with a white hot fury, go through every perceived failing with a fine-toothed comb

>mediocre sequel comes out when you're in your mid 30's
>the director was nice to you on twitter once
>"meh it was ok I guess..."

Bit late but I agree entirely

If they genuinely feel pressure to keep plinkett alive, why not just do more shit like cop dog.
They bash on cheap shitty movies on BOTW, so could bash on some big-budget shitty movies with the occasional plinkett

again, any type of facial hair is numale to you faggots
and he has the most generic haircut possible, his clothes are also shit that has been worn for over 50 years

Thank God nobody responded to your dumb ass. You're a worthless sack of shit.

Your comment is retarded, shallow and pedantic. Frankly, you're an idiotic consumer at it's finest.

Get fucked. Get Bent and go fuck yourself.

It's a weird day where I agree more with Max Landis on Star Wars than RLM

how old are you user?

>non prescription

how did you ascertain that someone doesn't have prescription glasses from a still image of them

That guy could need them to see

his haircut only seems generic because that's the same cut all the numales have

and plaid is the official shirt pattern for numales because it makes them feel more masculine and they need all the help they can get

What were the conclussions of this review? I understand that TFA played it safe but Plinkett didn't state his opinion about it and if it was justified or not.

>how did you ascertain that someone doesn't have prescription glasses from a still image of them

prescription lenses bend light and distort the part of the face behind them. if the part of his face behind the glasses lines up perfectly the the part of his cheek outside the glasses then they are not prescription lenses.

his haircut seems generic because its a fucking generic haircut thats been around for a century

yeah it's been around for a century and has been the numale haircut of choice for about 5 years

Force Awakens doesn't lend itself to mockery the same way the prequels do. The prequels are so utterly bizarre and inept in nearly every aspect and on a scene-by-scene basis that there's plenty of comedic material to mine there, whereas with Force Awakens, it's well-made and what makes it bad is that it's a soulless product meant to relaunch the Star Wars brand for the The Walt Disney Company. The very vacuousness that makes it so unsatisfying also inures it to critical evaluation, it's almost impossible to talk about the movie itself because what it amounts to -- and this was 100% the creative intention -- is "member Star Wars?"

This was the problem that any Plinkett review of Disney Star Wars was going to have and he didn't quite make it over the hurdle.

>Malaysia

It could had been any buttfuck nowhere country on the other side of the planet. Yours just happen to draw the short straw.

It's meant to hammer in the point that someone out there is going to be excluded no matter how inclusive you can be in a movie.

I really think it should have been a Matrix trilogy review, instead of doing a movie that was already covered in HitB. Hell, it's clear he didn't have enough material to work with, because half of the review's runtime wasn't even about the movie itself.

Prequel apologists deserve to be executed at the hand of Mike "Kampf" Stoklasa

My biggest problem with the review is Mike's Plinkett voice, of all things. Needs to be way more monotone and slurred out like he is a stroke victim.

>again, any type of facial hair is numale to you faggots

facial hair on a lumberjack is not numale
facial hair on a 20something skinnyfat hipster is numale

Reaction videos are one of the worst forms of cancer on youtube. The instant the person is aware that there is a camera in front of their face, the reaction ceases to be genuine.

>The prequels are so utterly bizarre and inept in nearly every aspect and on a scene-by-scene basis

But they're not. Audiences didn't leave the theatres laughing, critics gave them 7/10 reviews (before the 3D re-release) They were seen as a disappointment by fans, but enjoyed by general audiences in the same way Star Trek 2009 was.

If you nitpick and distort them they can become comedic, and so could TFA, but Mike has become lazy. TFA wasn't made by the man who 'raped his childhood' so he doesn't care, he'd rather autistically rant about buzzfeed articles about the prequels for an hour.

And that fag who posts pretty shots from AotC and calls it kino. Idiots like this (though he was probably a baiter anyway) were called out. Perfect for that new documentary The Prequels Strike Back. But I missed one simple sentence explaining that references to other movies don't make a good movie.

>RLM fags on damage control trying to defend TFA because Mike is a pleb

utter filler. star wars won.

>Also post some highlights guys
You forgot
>Calling out the shitters trying to defend the prequels with the exact same tactics anons resort to while defending the DCEU

>RLM fags defending TFA

What? Nobody's thinking highly of TFA here.

so this is not numale?

>Nobody

omg, what hissyfit would you throw if captain were an female in Star Trek?!?

More like RLMfags mad as fuck that Plinkett didn't rip apart TFA and shat on their beloved prequels even more

Based RLM

It's not a TFA review it's a Star Wars in 2016 review, which I liked. There's no reason to deconstruct TFA like the prequels and I'm glad he didn't do that. Everyone who said he went easy on TFA is retarded, all the shit aimed at Disney and JJ and how Star Wars is the new Marvel universe where it just gets milked over and over and over. My main complaint with TFA was that the whole thing felt focused grouped and middle management, and the worst part is that making these bland palatable paste like le quippy movies really really works.

I'm not kidding when I say I hope you two shoot yourselves

Criticized it on the RLM forum and got banned.

Didn't even say anything ugly.

Well it's ok and better than the prequels that's for sure. It corrected its many mistakes.
But it was a bit useless if only as a safe movie to resurrect Star Wars.
Perhaps Mike also thinks that such a reboot of SW is only justifiable here.

The presence of sexual tension is NOT THE SAME as committing to an on-screen romance.

>I need someone to think for me

Shut up faggot

You didn't pick up on it because it's a non issue but now it's a problem for you because daddy Mike said it was.

Kill yourself

>he didn't do anything funny but instead argued with strawmen about ring theory for an hour
>heh heh based!

typical reddit letter media fanboy

>im not kidding when I say I hope you two shoot yourselves
fuck it
i will

This is a great debate. If the movie is good is it all right that it's just a mass produced corporate product? Disney movies are at least competent, some of them are good and definitely better than most of other blockbusters from other companies.

that is not a lumberjack. that is a numale cosplaying as a lumberjack.

>this entire Plinkett video was a soft reboot of the Plinkett series
>just enough callbacks to make the fans happy while also introducing a new generation to Plinkett

Sexual tension doesn't need to exist between every two characters of the opposite gender.

They're not praising it, but they're not shitting on it either. TFA is exactly what Disney want it to be. Adequate.

>So, what did you guys think?

I'm glad he padded it out with his take-down of Ring Theory and attacks on people re-thinking the Prequels. Honestly TFA was released 10 months ago and we've heard all of the criticism about it already. Plinkett isn't the only big youtube 'critic' around anymore and I'm glad he went a different direction.

Also as another user said it's hard to really say a lot about TFA without knowing what happens in Episode VIII and IX. Part of what made his prequel reviews work is that we knew all of the character arcs, we knew where the story went, and we were able to see what kinds of decision were made on each film, it helped to really nail down the criticism. You can't do that with TFA really because a lot of the apparent plot holes could turn out to be nothing by the end, and some of the things that seem innocuous could turn out to be major plot holes, etc...

i always wonder if the dipshits here realized back when they were kids in the 90's and they laughed at christians flipping their shit over one-off comments ever thought they'd turned into the triggered crying faggots they mocked

>AVGN has done like what? 130 Episodes in 5 years?

More like a decade. 44 of those were in the last 5 years, but a chunk of those were really short episodes, and he was also working on the AVGN during a large portion of that.

Ring Theory is pretty popular, and so is this new wave of prequel apologists, I've seen people use ring theory as a defense here, it might not have been the focus the video should have taken, but it's hardly a strawman.

How is forced diversity anything more than a nuisance?

There is a major, major difference between being offended over a faggy religion and getting pissed off that someone is saying the worst part of a movie is the fact that it didnt promote racemixing, you cuck.

I'm actually so curious about you. Were you always concerned about racemixing or is this new? I've never cared, would never care. I've dated a black girl before. It was alright. What's your deal? why do you care?

People aren't that self aware.

RLM has too many shows. There's no way we're getting another Plinett review in this or the next year. Maybe it's good. Anything less than a 90 minute deconstruction will be met with backlash. I'd be ok with them being simple retrospectives. Oliver Harper does them on youtube.

no this is revisionism, at the time of release they got a soft pass from a lot of people who should have known better, but they were still widely considered to be a joke. your memories of this may be distorted depending on how old you were from 1999-2005. things like jar jar binks and midichlorians, the bad dialog and boring court drama scenes, the embarrassing romance in clones, darth vader's NOOOOO in sith, were all the INSTANT subject of mockery. i can remember people laughing in the theater opening day at NOOOOOOOOOOO

his quick revision of the script into something decent was better than 99% of the shit we''ll see for these movies in the future

Diversity is great. Too bad there wasn't enough gay sex though.

> the part on Ring theory
> Hear the quotes from the article
is there anything worse than people attempting to discuss literature without a meaningful understand of narratology/literary criticism?

You realize that people outside of stereotypical masculine professions have been growing facial hair for centuries, right?

>Mike was a huge cuck all this time

starwarsringtheory.com/

Does someone actually believe this shit?

Seeing intentional parallels between two similar products is something that deserves essays devoted to it?

Well, no, I didn't usually care until I turned 19 back in 2014. It's really hard not to notice that cultural marxists are literally everywhere. Safe spaces at my university. Feminists wanting this banned, that banned, everything banned. I'm fucking sick of people trying to ban shit all the time. And if they want me banned, I want them fucking banned. I think that's fucking fair. I'm not interested in any of trump's policies, I'm interested in seeing SJWs recede in power, which they will until a republican president. Feminists and sjws have made it so you can't fucing fart in an elevator without being fucking charged for rape. You're a fucking SJW, and I bet you're a numale too. Or a fat fuck.

I've seen "people" on the internet take it seriously. There is a lot of self delusion going on with this bloated franchise.

reported

Dark Side of the Moon syncs up with Wizard of Oz, but it doesn't make them correlated

So you're a young guy, early 20's and your complaint is political correctness I guess because the only thing feminists complain about these days is dipshits like you running around being a fucking asshole to everyone. you're using your political voice to get back at women who annoy you. Again: Did you seriously see yourself turning into a faggot like this when you were young?

This is literally the most Reddit thing I've ever read and I hope you haven't spent all your time at University this way

What have Feminists wanted to ban?

republican-raised child gets to college and discovers he can have a first world problem too: the post

It's not nesscarily Cred Forums
The fastest growing type of channels right now are anti SJW stuff, like H3h3, Leafy, FilthyFrank and the gang

I love how you think this shit is new. Go watch PCU.

Who cares, cuck.

Fuck off you fucking cuck

I DON'T FUCKING SEE WHY I HAVE TO "CALM DOWN" WHEN THESE FUCKING BITCHES ARE FACTUALLY DEMANDING THE RIGHT TO SHUT PEOPLE DOWN. FEMINISTS WANT NO PUNISHMENTS FOR WOMEN, WHEN A WOMAN RAPES ITS NOT A CRIME WHEN A MAN IS ACCUSED OF IT THEY WANT HIM FUCKING HUNG FROM A TREE. I CAN GET MY FUCKING ENTIRE LIFE RUINED INSTANTLY BY HAVING SOMEONE ACCUSE ME OF RAPE. FUCKING PEOPLE ARE PAYING CHILD SUPPORT FOR KIDS THEY BABYSAT A FEW TIMES AND YOU TELL ME I'M THE FUCKING PROBLEM? THAT I'M A FUCKING FAGGOT? YOU'RE THE FUCKING KEK. YOU'RE A FUCKING KEK AND ALL YOU WANT IS FEMALE SUPREMACY WHICH IS PRETTY FUNNY, DO YOU WANT SHITZILLIONS OF MUDSHITS COMING INTO YOUR COUNTRY LIKE THAT HAVE INTO MINE? YOU KNOW, AMERICA USED TO BE A FUCKING NICE COUNTRY UNTIL KEKS LIKE YOU FUCKING RUINED IT YOU FUCKING LEAF

reported

wow, you americans sure are dumb

>admits that he's 19 and therefore mentally a child
>still spouts his ignorance

>America used to be a nice country!

T. 20 year old person who has never experienced any other period in american history firsthand

AND ITS NOT FUCKING FAIR THAT EVERY PIECE OF FUCKING ENTERTAINMENT MEDIA STANDS AGAINST ME EITHER. EVEN FUCKING MR. FUCKING PLINKETT HAS TO BE MAKING FUCKING JOKES AND LAUGHING AWAY AT US. LIKE WHY THE FUCK IS OUR PAIN AND SUFFERING FUCKING FUNNY TO YOU PEOPLE? YOU HAVE THESE HIGH MINDED IDEALS OF BEING A GOOD PERSON BUT YOU MOCK AND LAUGH AND LAUGH SOME MORE AT PEOPLE WHO ARE HAVING THEIR FUCKING HISTORY AND CULTURE ERASED WITH FUCKING "WE WUZ KANGZ" NONHISTORY. I TOOK A FUCKING AMERICAN LITERATURE CLASS AND IT WAS NOTHING BUT BLACK AUTHORS, WOW THREE WHOLE BOOKS FOR AN ENTIRE 4 MONTH COURSE BECAUSE NIGGERS DON'T FUCKING CREATE, THEY ONLY BREAK SHIT AND BURN DOWN THE SHOPS OF THEIR OWN KIND AND GO "OHHH BLACK LIVES MATTER" WHILE THEY FUCKING RUIN EVERY CHANCE THEY GET I FUCKING AM SO SICK OF THIS FUCKING BULLSHIT FROM YOU LIBKEKS

Tl;dr

for you

hey user i think every piece of entertainment media stands against you because you're a shitty person and someone needing to be stood up to.

i mean, i barely even believe this anymore because it literally feels like you're just making a Cred Forums salad now

Oh so now its not just the feminists having a male-rape conspiracy, but also a general alimony/female supremacy/muslim mule conspiracy?

Underrated

Hobbit would have been good cause now we know why they sucked so bad. Like all the shit behind the scenes.

Go outside, man.

Smoke a bowl and relax, kid. God damn! That type of anger is just going to give you heart problems.

*stifles a laugh in his paw*

go back to your safe space kid

Pretty much loved it. Agreed with him on most of the things he said.

This new video was long as hell but not nearly as funny as the old ones. They've really lost it.

>yfw pizza phone sex

> We were Kings and high minded individuals
suburban white people everyone

ITS NOT A FUCKING CONSPIRACY, IT'S A PROVEN THING. LOOK UP FUCKING GEORGE SOROS, LOOK UP ANGELA MERKEL, LOOK UP FEMEN. THEY WANT TO DEST

ITS NOT A FUCKING SAFE SPACE YOU FUCKING KEK, ITS THE ONLY FUCKING PLACE ON THE ENTIRE INTERNET THAT STILL HAVE FUCING FREE SPEECH AND YOU FAGGOTS ARE CONSTANTLY TRYING TO FUCKING HAVE IT DELETED, WHICH PROVES WHY IT NEEDS TO FUCKING EXIST

And yet you're too retarded to post about this on Cred Forums instead of Cred Forums. Brava.

nice false flagging there

nice samefagging

Dude, the best part was him bashing all the "Prequels was actually good" fags

I bet you did prequels are good threads and posted those autism videos

i actually have requested Cred Forums be deleted many times because you people shit up every thread on this site like you're doing right now. so....again, go back to your safe space.

I don't watch shitty reviews.
I do enjoy this guy having a meltdown over the fact that the people that watch these reviews are complete blathering idiots.

we tha kings now whiteboi

t. Trump Supporter

What's your endgame?

So the conspiracy also involves London School of Economics, Black Monday and Hungarian Jews?

are you too retarded to understand a false flag troll when you see one? Since when does Cred Forums type in all caps, seems like a very reddity thing to do.

its not

ffs what's with this false flaging faggotry here

>using Reddit unironically
This is an 18+ board.

samefagging this hard

ctr please leave

>ctr can afford more than one shill
yeah, I know. Notice how you left the first one out?

Nice show CTR faggots.

I've watched all of the Plinkett reviews dozens of times but I don't think I'm even going to watch this one.
If he didn't even touch on this film's biggest problem, the fucking mary sue protagonist, he's a retard.

*poops*

uhhh...stoic?

he said its pointless to discuss it without knowing what happens in episodes 8 and 9

>Half a million views in under 24 hours.

I think that's a record for them.

Honestly I think Boyega did fine with the material he had.

Ridley was a fucking joke though. Material was bland to begin with but she did nothing for it. I really am confused when people say they love the "character" of Rey. You get the same "emotional" "connection" from watching her part in the film as you would reading a summary of her actionson some wiki page. She overcame some undefined fear and "learned" to use her inner powers in some vague, undefined way. She punched some dudes, she escaped some things, she won a fight to someone she lost to before, maybe the most generic "arc" I've seen in a while.

They could've done a little better to hide the fact that they just did market research to figure out the most generally appealing qualities of a "hero".

You realize that people who phrase questions like this are almost certainly numales, right?

>DUDE
>BIBLICAL ALLUSION
>THIS SHOWS THAT HE'S FLAWED
>PHALLIC IMAGERY IS SO DEEP
>LMAO
I'm convinced it's just one guy

>AMERICA USED TO BE A FUCKING NICE COUNTRY
When? I'd love to hear.

Ring Theory is a strawman of itself.

The section about prequel revisionism is absolutely right.

Don't bother it's false flag BS

this video is so unfunny and boring. its going to backfire.

dumb anime poster

So that makes you a numale too, right?

lmao he made fun of Cred Forumscucks like you in the review

People would have never stopped asking for it

although really there's nothing wrong with the movie exactly, aside from being pretty disney

1781-1965.

DAY OF THE FUCKING ROPE. ITS ABOUT

look guys this is boring, thanks for the laughs.

I got the screencaps I needed for my reddit post and thats all that matters.

Look for it in an hour or two "Not even the rest of Cred Forums likes the alt-right". It's gonna be great.

kek, strong female character that gets about 2 minutes of total screen time

though she'll probably be back in the sequel

please kill yourself

>Not even the rest of Cred Forums likes the alt-right
Nobody does, not even themselves. Why do you think they have such a victim complex ?

>I got the screencaps I needed for my reddit post and thats all that matters.

This is true.

Can you screenshot my comment?

I'm a black guy (I'm not a white guy pretending I swear)

SHIEEEEEEEEET BIX NOOD

See mate?

I know first hand that negros have tiny penises and are working hand in hand with the jew.

I'm black and I love Trump

PLS post this on reddit so people know Trump isn't racist

>no one in my idealogy is an idiot, it's gotta be a shill

top cuck

kek

Every ideology has idiots.

But you're a very special case.

Otherwise you'd know that hyperbole is counterproductive.

>it's a Cred Forums derails the thread episode

damn bros, we've been tricked. disney money hungry jews won again.

NEW THREAD

>pointing out unprovable paranoid accusations as being an obvious dogmatic rejection is somehow hyperbole
lel

you sound like a numale

>Cred Forums

Is this satire?

you are too inexperienced in false flaging

>test marketing always gives a strong negative reaction to a black man kissing anything other than a curb.