What's his endgame?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yrVAubDH4Es
editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/11-rules-of-westworld-hbos-killer-robot-theme-park-series/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

to kill the gunslinger

to end the game

something convoluted that doesn't make sense but appears mysterious enough to pique people's curiosity long enough to get them stuck watching a shitty tv show

screencap this post

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

alright now what

100% Run, New Game+ & figuring out the new meta.

nicee

you really sound like a cunt

delete system32

so he isn't the gunslinger?

He wants to find some sort of easter egg in the game

this.

he's also a speed runner

No, he's the man in black.

he's a hidden guest fucking around

the gunslinger will be Dolores

Very promising. The Nolan influence, like the exposition, is sorta troubling, but the actors and aesthetic make up for it.

Eating Dolores's butt

>The Nolan influence, like the exposition
You do realize the writers are the same right.............

I do! Which is why i said so.

that would be pretty sweet, i kinda get that vibe

>Ed Harris never played The Dark Knight Returns Batman in a James Cameron film 15 years ago

>The new series, which is set to air ten episodes, stars Anthony Hopkins, Evan Rachel Wood, Thandie Newton, James Marsden, Jeffrey Wright, Rodrigo Santoro, Clifton Collins Jr. and Ed Harris as THE GUNSLINGER.
>Alternate Names: The Gunslinger / The Man In Black

Rip in peace

he's not the real gunslinger, he's a guest

We know the company has some shady shit going on that the Englishmen and the old woman alluded to.

He might be trying to find out something connected to it. Might be a rival businessman as he appears to be super rich.

That symbol on the guy's skull is like a map and you'll see it in other places.

I was kind of hoping he was a robot that was able to become fully sentient and was going to take over, but he did say he spent a lot of money, so I'm guessing he's a human.
Still might be a robot, who was able to escape and live life as a human to return to Westworld after making a shit ton of money with his robot intelligence on the outside and now was to learn some mysterious to his existence/programming, but I doubt it.

I'm just happy to see the other Hemsworth getting some work

In this adaptation the Gunslinger is a guest because HUMANS ARE THE REAL MONSTERS

but it would make more sense if he was a host, like he's rebelling

>The man in black
>He wears some shitty greyish quasi suit and tie

Are the producers of the movie the most retarded people on the planet for literally interpreting him as a "man in black" with a suit but trying to put a cowboy touch to it? Because i couldn't think of a dumber way to interpret the man in black character.

In this adaptation the hosts are justified in rebelling because HUMANS ARE THE REAL MONSTERS.

I think so too. Remember when they said despite her appearance she was the oldest guest in the park? Also would explain the man in blacks enmity toward her and the other automatons if he is one of the survivors from thirty years back. Another clue, in the preview when she's talking to Anthony Hopkins she asks if they're old friends and he looks sort of cross and says "I wouldn't say friends... No, I would not say that at all".

Someone pls cap my post so I can be vindicated

But when he was talking to Bill he was talking about how bad the old AI was.

If he was a robot from 30 years ago, why is he so smart and human-like?

I kinda assumed Marsen would be a main, human character in this, was actually surprised he was just a host

The updates and new bodies and software. The reverie update gives them shadows of their past iterations hence why she could kill the fly since the gunslinger was able to kill organic life.

How do you explain the part where he said he spent good money to be there?

I thought that whole sequence was very clever, and really laid out the bleak tone of the story.

Ed Harris? He's a human guest of course he payed to get in. Did you watch the same show?

he wants to eat dolores' arsehole every night while she struggles

Sorry, I thought you were saying he was a bot.

>discussing westworld episode with friend
>say that the opening sequence was the highlight of the episode
>"Nah, it was predictable, they made it too obvious that [marsden] was a host. Saw it coming from miles away."

>"Nah, it was predictable, they made it too obvious that [marsden] was a host. Saw it coming from miles away."
Yeah right. Tell your mate he's a lying cock.

Even if one did predicted, the scene still perfectly lays out the ludicrous intricacy of the suffering the hosts experience. Every day they experience these elaborate personal arcs which invariably end with their own rape or murder.

>episode 3 directed by Neil Marshall

lads...

He looks like Tom Berenger a lot. He may also be more talented that his brehs.

So are they in a game world or not?

>Humans are immune to bullets and damage
>Inside the centre they have a worldmap that can show close ups on areas/scenes happening in the game

But why would humans be immune to these bullets and not the robots
>People go into the game and grab the bodies/clean up
>You see spotlights

>They go into an underground destroyed building to store away robots
>You see the old man creator go into the game next episode preview

>The cleanup crew after the saloon shooting talk like robots even though they have modern forensics gear
>Robot tries to escape the research facility in the preview

You'd think after being in the game for 30 years the man in black would have an idea, since his brain isnt reset

Oh shit

His looks are inspired by the looks of robo-gunslinger antagonist from the original Westworld.

I wish he was something more like a Judge from Blood Meridan.

They are in a technologically manipulated but real world.

According to nolan, the bullets are non lethal to real people but can be felt like a paintball or something. The robots I guess injure themselves appropriately when hit. I think this means if you were to shoot a wall, it wouldn't make a bullet hole.

In movie the guns had detectors of the body temperature and wouldnt shoot at living creatures.

Here is seems that either it shoots always blanks (and robots have just some auto destruction mechanisms) or that amunition turn into blank when aiming at human.

SOMEONE POST THE SOUNDTRACK

Didnt he say that he comes to Westworld for 30 years already??

I dont know if i remember correctly or if i just mixed two different dialogues together.

He's that guy on gamefaqs that has made a list of every easter egg.

also, is there anything worse than casuals?

To dolores he says
>Hello again
>Is that any way to treat an old friend
>Ive been coming here for 30 years, you still dont remember me, do you? After all weve been though

He starts taking dolores away
>I WANT YOU TO FIGHT, I DIDNT PAY ALL THIS MONEY FOR IT TO BE EASY
>Turns around and shoots her boyfriend
>God damn it feels good to be back

So the character has came to Westworld since the beginning, possibly pre-meltdown from whatever caused the original facility to be destroyed and now he is back

He doesnt seem to mind telling the AI the world isnt real/newcomers are invincible which fucks up their code

I can guarantee that dude will be the first human casualty.

I want to hatefuck that bitch so bad

When the bank robbery occurred it played this
youtube.com/watch?v=yrVAubDH4Es

thanks m8

What's your itinerary?

I've never seen a show ruined by production design until I watched ep 1.

The "offices" are like something out of some shitty 90s movie like Equilibrium or something. Then for some reason the storage areas are an abandoned shopping mall.

>also, is there anything worse than casuals?
god, is this show going to invite the worst and best shitposting of Cred Forums and Cred Forums?

I'm hoping there is a reason for that. cause the way they set up this world is full utopia. Hopkins says they cured every disease. So there should be no reason for that shithole.

hopefully they address that at some point

she's his dead daughter

It's the singularity man. The old parts are 30 years old. That's ancient.

>Last major malfunction was 30 years ago
>Man in black has been coming for 30 years
>The malfunction was that hosts could no longer be killed
>Its why all the old hosts are in storage
>Except him

ed harris and hopkins are partners in this
screen this

not sure

but Hopkins is fucking nuts

>The malfunction was that hosts could no longer be killed

Did they say this somewhere? How is that a malfunction? Seems like it would have been in the natural progression of updates to the park.

no
because
>people visiting the park cant kill anyone
>nobody dies
boring

editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/11-rules-of-westworld-hbos-killer-robot-theme-park-series/

>So when they’re shot it has sort of the impact. They’re called simunitions. The U.S. military trains with rounds like the ones we’re talking about. But there’s a bit of an impact, a bit of a sting. So it’s not entirely consequence-free for the guests.”

Simunitions hit hard enough that you'll want to protect your face and skin. But whatever. Close enough.

But they do "die", at least until the world resets itself (at which point guests presumably leave and everything starts over anyway). I don't understand. Is this speculation or did they actually note this in the episode?

>when they put dolores original dad in cold storage

I was kinda thinking the same thing. but a partner that has his own plans secret from hopkins

The major malfunction and guy coming 30 years is real

the malfunction being that an update caused them to be come unkillable was speculation

He'll be back, the doctor told him something different from the serial killer robot. Some sort of deep program trigger or something. Hopkins and black doctor are doing some shady shit that no one else knows about

THE MILK THE KILLER POURS ON THEM IS A TRIGGER TO BACK TO WHEN THEY WERE CREATED IN THE SLIME

no shit sherlock

Agreed, but I don't think the epic twist will be that they're both actually androids as well. Hopkins references the eventuality of being able to bring back the dead, that coupled with the baby girl photo that the black scientist is seen looking at seems to indicate where their story might be going to me

If i was in westworld i would demand all the robots to call me "Big guy" I would wear CIA's outfit but western themed. I would do the powerstance and when someone wanted to duel i would say it would be extremely painful, for you

Winner

AKA Lost all over again.

Which "human" character that we've met is most likely to actually be a host?

The twist is that literally everyone, even the guests are robots and this is all a big experiment

All the hosts are actually real people, they've just had something implanted in their brains to make them act like robots by the robots. The white goop is just advanced cellular regeneration technology, they've mastered death.

The robots are just fucking with the humans for abusing them for centuries.