So why do people hate this character again?

So why do people hate this character again?

nobody fucking cares. star wars isn't relevant, it's just a franchise with a few fun movies. stop it already pleb and start experiencing real cinema

Who?

>character

Why did he have to be a cartoon? If he's just 'big fat idiot' then why didn't they just have a big fat idiot in a costume? What is the purpose of a lumbering, 4 armed dinosaur telling obi wan about the secret planet?

Why did he have a 1950's american style diner? Did he sell flapjacks and bacon and eggs? Where did he learn about the design?

Tell me about "the real cinema user"

>Why did he have a 1950's american style diner?
Because he represents the average American.

I'm not a writer but if you want a character to learn about a secret planet I would not use a CGI mustachioed fat alien who owns a 50s style diner

Because Cred Forums, you really not need know nothing more

>we want the illegal immigrant audience

first post best post

/film/ when?

Because he is the key

You're faggot, you're taking in a dead serious way a 30 seconds long character, you fucking faggot, nobody cares alien cuture in Star Wars, every single character in all this franchise is a stereotype from some age of the human race, even the jedis

He is a funnier character than we have had before.

Dont miss my point gayboy, the whole scene is boring as shit, and it wastes an opportunity for some Obiwan adventures. It's all lazy.

The problem with 50's style is that Star Wars is based on Flash Gordon, so it should only use styles from the 40's and earlier.

Plinkett told them to.

>you miss the point
I don't
>the scene is bad
Absolutely
>a waste of time
Yeah

But is just a dumb scene, is nothing you shouldn't take that seriously

>it should only use styles from the 40's and earlier

Plinkett constantly referring back to Dexter Jetster's 1950s diner had me convinced he browses this webzone, at least occasionally. Seems like he's always hinting at it.

>is nothing that you should take seriously
>I posted 2 sentences on Cred Forums I already forgot about

It was an homage to Lucas' earlier works like American Graffiti

/thread

Who would you cast then?