Mr. Plinkett's The Star Wars Awakens Review Discussion Thread #2

continued from youtube.com/watch?v=miVRaoR_8xQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes
slashfilm.com/redlettermedias-force-awakens-review/
avclub.com/article/red-letter-media-issues-its-force-awakens-review-o-243498
techtimes.com/articles/180674/20161003/red-letter-media-is-back-with-a-hour-and-45-minute-review-of-star-wars-the-force-awakens.htm
outerplaces.com/science-fiction/item/13460-harry-plinkett-star-wars-force-awakens-redlettermedia
deathandtaxesmag.com/305377/plinkett-red-letter-media-force-awakens-review/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>SJW's will probably get triggered because he said "Tranny" and made a joke about black people having a high chance of being criminals
>Cred Forumstards already butt-blasted beyond belief
Pic related

Glib facsimile of the prequel reviews.

>people really think C-3PO was as bad as Jar-Jar

How in the hell?

>copying your post from the first thread

STOP WITH ALL THE Cred Forums BAITING YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Haven't seen a whole lot of SJWs angry at his video. It's mostly Cred Forumstards being triggered as usual.

Cred Forums here, and ya, those complaints are a bit much. People should calm down, just deal with the fact that JJ is a literal cuckold and enjoy the movie.

>It's a Mike has to resort to fanfiction and the possibility that future movies will explain TFA to rationalize liking it episode

That black guy not shooting a gun joke was one of the best fucking jokes from RLM.

This is one of those few videos that despite only being an an hour and 45 minutes long, will take me 3 hours to watch just from all the rewinding on the jokes and zingers. An absolute masterpiece these reviews are.

>Enjoy the movie

But it's not an enjoyable movie.

Man youtube is full of comments like this.
It's not only Cred Forums anymore for some years.

It takes a lot to sit trough an hour of video to get triggered.

Indeed, but I'm willing to bet a significant amount of those are Cred Forumslacks.

Did write this shit by yourself?
I see this pic in every RLM thread.
And it seems written by someone unintelligent like you.

I cringed. It actually embarrasses me to see people bitching about social justice in any place that isn't Cred Forums
I fucking hate kids, thank god Cred Forums wasn't a thing when I was underage b&

Are you retarded? Those are youtube comments.

The video was over hyped to shit.
I might have liked it more if I still cared about Star Wars, or blockbuster films in general.

fucking stormfags!

>literally gives the "they'll probably expand on some things in the sequel" excuse

oh fuck off
no marry sue complaint can overshadow the technical competency present in the movie

they probably will though, it isn't like george lucas is directing or anything. if they don't you can really bitch about it then with absolute justification though

>Stop trying to brainwash whites, Latinos, Asians and everyone else to like black people! They are loud, mostly ugly and have a criminal mentality
I know this kind of shit is said all the time here, but it actually becomes funny again when I see it on a youtube comment. They're so deluded that they have no shame saying that shit even without the guise of anonymity.

And if you gaze long into an abyss

>Cred Forums has become a living nightmare that you can never wake up from until you're dead and even then i can't guarantee it

This

One of the few times I laughed during the review. Was disappointed that it wasn't as funny as the other Star Wars reviews, but I guess it makes sense considering those movies suck

He was way too soft on TFA. So much more could have been touched on. Rey is over-competent and that legitimately hurts the tension in the film. The pacing falls apart after the Death Star 3.0 is introduced. It hurts to say this but John Williams' score is weak. And despite everything being bigger, the film itself feels so small.

>without the guise of anonymity

The famed and world-known Ruthlessnoodle is so done after this

So this is the RLM fanbase

you'd be amazed how many morons link their google email with their youtube account and still post this shit while using the same email to try and find jobs

Oh shit that reminds me I have to delete some accounts

>says Ford was lucky to get out early

What he actually said was that IF the next movies take a fucking risk already it could partially excuse 7 being safe and predictable. If not, then it goes in the dumpster next to new Trek.

The only reason George didn't do that with ANH is because he was 95% sure it would bomb and he wouldn't be able to make a movie sequel. He was positive he'd only be able to continue through books.

>Prequels expand the mythos of the Star Wars universe while staying mostly true to the OT
>Startards say it 'raped their childhood'
>TFA shits all over the OT, makes it so the OT heroes efforts counted for nothing, implies Han was a shit father and Luke was a shit teacher. Han and Leia are divorced
>Startards love it

Someone explain this shit to me.

That's literally the opposite of what he said

>The Force Awakens review
>Spends nearly half of it shitting all over prequelfags even more
So fucking based. I actually thought he was gonna go the whole way through the movie just shitting on the prequels and never saying anything about the new one. That would have been even better.

>Not using a fake Gmail with no personal info

I have like 3 accounts

Prequels "expanded the mythos" like Little Debbies expanded your fat ass.

That's true. Back in the late 1970s, Lucas was reportedly nervous that his upcoming sci-fi film Star Wars wouldn’t be a big hit. At the time, Spielberg was in the midst of making his own sci-fi epic, Close Encounters of the Third Kind. With Jaws already under his belt, Spielberg was the better-established director. During a break from filming on Star Wars, Lucas visited to the Close Encounters set. According to an interview with Spielberg for Turner Classic Movies, the visit did little to allay Lucas’ concerns: “He said, ‘Oh my God, your movie is going to be so much more successful than Star Wars! This is gonna be the biggest hit of all time. I can’t believe this set. I can’t believe what you’re getting, and oh my goodness.’ He said, ‘All right, I’ll tell you what. I’ll trade some points with you. You want to trade some points? I’ll give you 2.5% of Star Wars if you give me 2.5% of Close Encounters.’ So I said, ‘Sure, I’ll gamble with that. Great.'” Lucas was right that Close Encounters would be a hit, but it was Star Wars that would become the standard-bearer for the genre. The film made $775 million at the global box office compared with $304 million for Close Encounters. Adjusted for inflation, Spielberg’s edge could come out to as much as $40 million.

it expanded the mythos the same way taco bell "expanded" my colon

>technical competency present

You easily impressed faggot.

that's generally a good idea if you're ever looking for a job that isn't minimum wage

i do HR work so i know for a fact that finding someone dumb enough to keep this shit around and linked to whatever contact info they've provided us with is instant ground for dropping your resume right in the trash

always practice good opsec

>implies Han was a shit father and Luke was a shit teacher. Han and Leia are divorced

i keep seeing people bring this up like it's some kind of bad thing but nobody can say why

revolutionaries make shit politicians and it makes sense that leia was shoved into some vietcong guerilla resistance, han wasn't cut out for the straight and narrow, and luke had trouble bringing the entire jedi order back from extinction all on his own

it makes more sense than the stupid shit that happened in the EU honestly

well in the past 5 years the standards have been set pretty fucking low

but give me your example, friend

the force awakens opened my eyes to holywoods potential, like Crystal Skull VOdka opened my eyes to the universe.

Of what? Technical competency? Every forgettable Marvel movie.

He spent half the review going on about how Star Wars is a soulless, endless machine now though.

and the birth control one was funny too Mike hasnt lost his edge yet

Yes you have, Mike. Stop trying so hard.

The first part showing how cancerous star wars is now was kind of sad.

>WHERES MY INTERACIAL?
>Doesn't actually review TFA

Heres a REAL review of TFA

Which would have meant something if he didn't puss out and handle TFA with kid gloves.

It made me feel sympathy for George Lucas

stop shilling your shit on this board E;R, nobody likes you

>I wanted a slow motion shot of Finn's throbbing dark penis entering Rey's quivering white vagina

What did he mean by this?

Stop shilling RLM then you faggot.

Rey fucking a black guy would make her less of a flawless Mary Sue though.

He did have a good point about TFA being a lot more interesting if it had been set 10 years earlier.

I feel a bit saddened that the person that made this image probably legitimately believes he's raising a good point. I'm so sorry for that guy.

Make more Korra videos you lazy fuck. No one cares about Steven Jewniverse.

nigger

His Korra videos are fuckawful. In fact almost all of his videos are garbage except the Deadpool OPM one

Mike "Prepping the Bull" Stoklasa

>pretty visuals make shit tier character writing okay guys.

TFA fans please explain to me why this is better than the prequels and not just shit:

>rey being pretty much a by the books fanfictikn mary sue and taking up most of the party dynamic including translating droid and wookie. Then getting force powers without any visible training andmaking kylos character seem inconsistent as she beats him after closing her eyes on a windy snow planet in the same clothes she wore on a desert one.
>han and leias relationship utterly destroyed and their accomplishments made null. Lukes entire character positive being destroyed so he can abandon his friends for no reason.
>cgi and greenscreen up the ass so hard that its even noticeable despite only being outless than 2 years.
>a plot about finding luke that has a deathstar thrown in ONLY BIGGER GUYS that is destroyed the same way because no one apparently learns from experience and I guess finding luke isnt important.
>one of the most forgetable scores to a sw movie period.
>needless fanpandering and nods to the OT just for the sake of it, as if this wasnt bad enough in the prequels.
>no tension or build up to any scene whatsoever to allow characters proper arca or motivations. Rey literally tells bb8 he has to leav the next day then attacks finn for stealing bb8s masters jacket despite her very existence involving taking parts and items from dead soldiers.

>A black man who didnt want to shoot his gun
>Now I know why they call it science fiction

I watched like 4/5ths of it before I realized I don't even like Star Wars. What the fuck am I doing with my life?

JJ Abrams' "Fan Service" was pretty funny too.

This changes everything.

>I see you brought your corporate tool.

shut it, nigger

>Cred Forumstard in charge of discourse

>the film itself feels so small
I noticed this in recent space movies. On Earth, you have realistic distances. It takes a while to get anywhere, at least half an hour even if it's in the area. In space though? Everything is one minute away and you can even see other planets in the sky (Star Wars and Star Trek are extremely guilty of this despite having different directors and writers).

It really hurts the movie. You can't think for even a second, because you will notice immediately that that just doesn't make any sense. Rey travels halfway across the galaxy in five minutes, when such travels took weeks in the original trilogy. I thought the super weapon was in the same star system as all the other planets in the movie, until they mentioned something about it being a ftl laser. But it still takes only minutes until dispatched rebel and FO troops arrive at the club.

go back to your safespace you porchmonkey

I'm not black, mate, you're not shocking or offending me. Your faggotry is merely pitiful, that's all.

Same. It's hilarious to see those comments upvoted on youtube.

who do you think you are, faggot? go back to tumblr

i was happy as fuck when he was shitting on Finn and saying his humor was garbage

my biggest complaint in the entire movie aside from how much it copied the OT

>Spends the first half taking the piss out of prequel hipsters
No wonder Cred Forums is upset

>argument devolved into calling someone a nigger

>guiz I'm winning

Pol is a fucking meme.

The part about how the First Order were just the Empire in all but name instead of a mirror to the Rebellion in the old movies was spot-on. I enjoyed TFA enough that I'll watch the next one but I was disappointed that they made it look a bit down to earth and almost military sci fi in the trailers then it turned out to be super lightweight with no depth about any of the background at all.

what argument, you fucking fedoratipper? Christ almighty you tumblr faggots are the fucking worst

if you stop feeding retards they will eventually starve to death as they are not self sufficient

can you fucking read you idiot

Because I don't harbor a pathological hatred for nonwhites? Get over yourself.

NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER

keep replying about how not triggered you are, nigger

go back to your containment board

ya jeez ur liek so mature amirite

fuck off you tosser

>tfw literal fascist and still get embarrassed when Cred Forums leaks out

and the rest of you, jesus christ

>A black guy that doesn't want to shoot his gun?

>she beats him after closing her eyes
He is seriously hurt at this point, while she is not. They made sure to injure both his arms before she physically overpowers him, which is nice, since most hollywood movies straight up ignore that men are 40% stronger than women by default and would always win in such a situation unless there is an extreme difference in physical fitness.

>on a windy snow planet in the same clothes she wore on a desert one.
Irrelevant to the fight, but good point in general. She should be bothered.

>han and leias relationship utterly destroyed
horseshit, they never were a good match

>Lukes entire character positive being destroyed so he can abandon his friends for no reason.
His students murdering each other under his care and some turning to the dark side and becoming killers is a pretty good reason to go into exile.

>because no one apparently learns from experience and I guess finding luke isnt important
It's not as urgent as destroying a weapon that will kill you in a few minutes. The existence of the weapon was obnoxious though.

God, that little dogfucking freak YMS. It riles me up so much when I see his pathetic little comments, begging to be on the show. Please down vote him if you are signed in, fuck him

not him but literally

>look ma I posted it again

It was weird how much he talked about the ring theory and the prequels and general internet reaction to their previous videos.

The actual review seemed like it was 30-40% of the video.

Well they might. It's valid to wait until the entire trilogy is out before judging.

here's your (You), nigger

I've never heard of him before. Why do people call him a dogfucker?

Plinkett pretty much spawned the current wave of reactionary contrarian prequel apologists so it's entirely fitting to shit all over them. Needed more of that desu.

I thought it was all leading to some joke about how 'tfa isn't even good or bad enough to be worth reviewing, you'll still read too much into it you fucking nerd'. Would have been annoyed if he hadn't done an actual review desu

thanks.

>nigger
>This changes everything.

He firstly defended fucking dogs, then ranted at people on reddit saying his dog doesn't mind it

prequels: terrible movies --> good review
TFA: glib facismile movie --> glib facismile review

it's like poetry

I thought for sure he was gonna go the whole video without actually mentioning TFA and just spent all of the time shitting all over the prequels. Would have made my day, to be honest.

I unironically do

I chalk up jar jar to a stupid slapstick retard for children, so it doesn't bother me

C 3po comes off as an annoying complaining jew I cringe at when he comes on

I also unironically think that, with the exception of most of the Empire strikes back, the OT is just as bad as the prequels

FUCKING CONFIRMED

I recently rewatched the entire OT back to back, and C-3PO does get very tiring. Not nearly as bad of course, but they both serve the same purpose.

>Whines about clickbait articles consisting of dumb lists
>Whole review is just a list of boring comparisons between similar scenes

those quads...

Starlards lvoes seeing the characters of its childhood, thats why. There are some who are red pilled about TFA though

quads have spoken

>TFA does what the EU had already done

And?

I think it's time for OT fans and PT fans to just accept that SW is just shitty children's movies and move on with their lives.

hilarious and insightful as always
I'm sure this thread is full of butthurt dumbasses and that gen x ethos copypasta though

They spent two movies building the relationship of han and leia only to have it break apart offscreen and have little meaning. All while having them reset back to their original roles in ANH for fanservice. Thats pretty disappointing, especially in lukes case.

>kylo ren is injured therefore rey should beat him

I dont understand this logic when before they even fought we had an entire fucking scene showing us that when kylo got serious he destroys finn using his lightsaber prowess right after being injured. Only to setup rey being able to close her eyes and suddenly defeat him after he was just winning against her.

By that same logic before kylo and finn fight she was just force pushed into a tree spine first and shrugs it off like its nothing. I actually enjoyed the fight itself but that entire scene was just another mary sue setup to make rey better than any other charactet in the movie.

Wasn't as good as the previous Plinkett Star Wars reviews. A lot of it felt like Mike didn't want to do this review at all.
There were a few good jokes here and there, but in the end I'd have rather had a new BOTW desu.

He nailed you fags.

>unemployed college philosophy majors
that sounds like /lit/ tbqh

>They spent two movies building the relationship of han and leia only to have it break apart offscreen and have little meaning.

Because the actors are old and Ford didn't want to come back unless they killed him off.

What happened with Han and Leia was the most logical conclusion to their relationship. It would have been nice to have actually seen some of it, but at this point they're too old and there's not enough time.

This was one of the dullest reviews in the history of RLM . Each of the points ranting on about the "ring theory" is indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the black jokes, the reviews' only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of hype, all to make memes less magical, to make anons asshurt as they try to use mental gymnastics to make this review "good".

Perhaps the die was cast when Mike "Black bulls need to breed Rey" Stoklasa bowed to the fans and agreed to create yet another Plinkett Review; he made sure the review would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?Just ridiculously convoluted ranting about the prequels. The Plinkett series might be anti-Lucas (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Kino series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the TFA part of the review was good though
"No!"
The points are weak; the pacing was terrible. As I watched, I noticed that every time Mike was getting into his stride, he had to make yet another "lol Mr.Plinkett is a lunatic" joke.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that stupid joke was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Mikes's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of editing or comedy. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Plinkett "Star Wars Awakens" by some faggot on r/RedletterMedia. He wrote something to the effect of, "Guys this isn't the best review but its a new style and you guys over hyped it" And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you get hyped for RLM content you are, in fact, trained to be disappointed.

Actually I'm pretty scared and kind of shaking right now. The fact that these weenies even get upvotes is somethings I can't even comprehend. This is why we need Hillary.

>spends over half of the review reviewing the prequels again
>reviews reviews of the movie and calls them stupid nitpicks
>proceed to spend last bit saying it was formulaic and boring while wishing it had more typical formulas like love plots etc.

garbage. 3/10

False-flagging doesn't make the comments look any less pathetic and hilarious, mate.

The Phantom Mence review is ANH.
The Attack of the Clones review is ESB.
The Revenge of the Sith review is ROTJ.

The TFA review is the Phantom Menace.

god damn

Except they're the top comments. Also several other of the top comments were some libtards triggered about Trump and making everything about le Trump.

Its like pottery

>Mike lived long enough to become George Lucas

holy shit

Found /r/books

Good review.

The Force Awakens is better than the prequels. That's because it was not made by a retard. RLM has consistently implied that Lucas was a lazy, soulless, corporate idiot who was just in it for the money. They are absolutely correct. But even he had some love for his work.

The problem (the awful problem) is that TFA - while it was clearly more competently made - is more soulless, more corporate and more by-the-books than the prequels. It felt like another mediocre remake that came straight off the Corporate-Hollywood- Assembly-Line. Instead of one narcissistic idiot who insisted on working by himself, we got a team of corporate idiots who were just in it for the money. These capitalist hacks at Disney had no passion for the OT, but they were very passionate about ensuring that the movie pushed a happy PC message.

The prequels were awful. TFA was mediocre. At this point, I honestly don't know which annoys me more. RIP Star Wars.

105 minute video, only 2 negatives things about TFA pointed out

these niggas rushed this shit

The main flaw with the new Plinkett review is that Mike seems to be doing the same thing most people are doing when it comes to Rey - he thinks either her backstory or her character arc will turn interesting in the next story.

Essentially he's embracing his own headcanon, and cutting the character a break with only his imagination justifying Rey's direction.

It's pathetic. When Max fucking Landis is willing to call a spade a spade and you aren't, you know you've fucked up

>Disney's cynical cash grab is worse than Lucas's cynical cash grab because it worked better

>The Ring Theory calls them "circles within circles"
>For simplicity purposes, i am now going to list them all

Lucas tried. He gets pity points for that.
Disney didn't try.

>Mike's biggest complaint was the lack of interracial sex

oh bullshit, disney put more effort into it than Lucas

Did people really think Mike "I loved it" Stoklasa was going to tear the movie a new force hole?

>i completely missed the point

Plinkett has simply called out Disney on their hypocrisy. They're saying "Oh look at us, we are such a diverse and progressive corporation!" while they won't even allow an interracial kiss in their Star Wars movie.

Is this a star wars nerd priest?

What the fuck is the Catholic church doing.

time stamp is 1:22:22 when all the nerds react to the millennium falcon

I get what he's trying to say, I just think It's a stupid fucking point. They didn't want Rey to end up with the goofy and clumsy sidekick character, and that's that

But it literally is the beginning of her character arc. If the trilogy ends and she's a complete Mary Sue all the way through for no good reason, that's when it makes the most sense to go look at all the examples throughout the series.

I'm hoping/assuming you lads know that everything he said about 'muh diversity' was calculated to get you sensitive NEETs arguing because it's funny, right? You know that's the joke? You're not going to start tearing strips off each other screaming nigger and SJW-oh. Oooooh.

No, he was saying that the absence of sex and romantic relationships makes it feel soulless. Sex and romance are very humanizing and character building acts and ideas, it was used well in the OT and mishandled in the prequels. In TFA it's completely absent and as a result much of the character interactions and the characters themselves feel somewhat hollow.

It's just too much though

If she kicked ass at the Force and fighting, you know what, I wouldn't be skeptical

But Rey is good at EVERYTHING

Flying, fighting, repairing

LITERALLY

EVERYTHING

The man just laid down his life for her and is in a coma. She can't even spare a kiss on the forehead in gratitude before she fucks off to God knows where?

Why didn't Leia act like even after all these years Han gets her panties wet? Old people fuck too you know

I like Kylo, I really do, but it would have been completely appropriate for him to make some kind of remark about Rey when he had her captive. It wouldn't even have to be super rapey, something like "it would be a shame to ruin such a beautiful face" would have sufficed

Rey and Finn didn't HAVE to fall in love, but the fact that the universe was completely devoid of sexual attraction is what brought that detail into such sharp focus

Not as good as other ones, but still pretty fucking amazing.

The first part about current state of Star Wars was great

Because he fucks dogs.

So was Luke, I know he had like two scenes where he was training but it really doesn't change anything.

meanwhile in the Disney star wars universe

Nah, he was serious and he was right. The diversity in this film (all all others) is bad not just because it's diversity, but because it's sterile and cynical diversity meant for filling quotas with the public. Characters written with their race before their actual lines.

My theory is that they were supposed to be lovers, but the chinamen market don't like them darkies, so they had to turn him into a comedic sidekick.

Nice review but doesn't hold a candle to the new trilogy review.

>lovers

lol no, she's the Luke in this, she's supposed to feel lust but then set it aside to pursue a life of monkish chastity

>remake jarjar
>instead of a black man covered with cgi it is just a black man
>everyone loves it

Was the cgiface the only reason people hated JarJar? Finn even is the butt of a poop joke as well.

It's a fine review and it was better to focus on Star Wars as a whole and less on TFA because we don't have the other two trilogy movies for this cultures the series. For all we know Rey being a Mary Sue in TFA is a brilliant set up for her fall in Episode VIII, we just don't know.

Well, he didn't have material as shitty to work with.

>still shilling his retarder beloved memetuber after more than 24 hours

seriously what the fuck is wrong with you redditors crossposters. It's like you want to get bullied

That's generally what you do in a sequel.

>wanting to kiss this

I think you have to keep in mind Lucas had investors to answer to as well and other people who produced the movies he did not fund it all by himself.
His ideas for the prequels were in themselves imaginative and highly intelligent.
The problem is that that the scripts were always rushed so they could get on to shooting so what you got was inept laziness/weird badness mixed with good stuff because Lucas went for bigger and more complex while not being the right person to direct and without a proper edited script.
The result is that you have visually a very stunning tale that looks amazing if you turn off the dialogue and watch the scenes with only the music. You could also argue that the dialogue is supposed to be bad and stupid because its a space opera. Operas are never really known to be either subtle or on point with realism/making sense they are supposed to be an exagerated spectacle. It works really well with characters like Palpatine really fucking hamming it up literally shooting lightning from his hands but with Darth Vader screaming out noooo or saying from my point of view the jedi are evil people suddenly become lost because they want to believe Vader is some sort of genious badass in a realistic sense.
I think people fucking take star wars too seriously when you have people named Darth Maul or Count Poison I believe they are projecting their desire for Star Wars to be entirely serious and believable which isnt what George Lucas was going for in the PT
If theres one thing he was good at its that he maintained a consistent style for those 3 movies which were different from the style and tone of the originals.

Disney provided a fucking stale and soulless copy of a new hope which is all the fucking retards wanted. Anyone who likes TFA is a fucking idiotic asshole because they cant comprehend the idea of something original.
Its like Star Wars was loved but outdated so they modernized it like a bullshit fashion trend.

They're all trannies/gays

fucking prequel apologists, god damn

100% true.

user

it's over

the prequels suck

there's no point in trying to die on this hill anymore

>citation needed.

I also fucking hate Jew Jew and his stupid directing style his Star Trek movies were fucking awful but idiots ate it up because it was made to look good and modernized Star Trek into something Palpable for the normie crowds. He did the same thing to Star Wars but with even more fan bait bullshit and less original because
all the fucking idiots out there dont want Star Wars to change just like fucking pirates of the carribean wont change its just going to be the same structured story over and over again with minor variations in the character design so fucking morons will think hey i like this it has a sense of familiarity that gels with me because im afraid of new and different but visually it looks more exiting.
This is why we have stupid bullshit like the Iphone 6 or why video games have gotten progressively worse in quality while looking better visually. People are willing to spend their money on stupid dumbed down bullshit with less features because they cant be helped to think for one fucking second about progressive development or learning new concepts. They just want simplified versions of what they aleady like but superficially enhanced.

The end result is 2015 Social Justice Wars a New schill awakens. Luke has a shiny new vagina, white mens are bad and diversity is good.

Finn and 3P0 don't talk like retards.

Yes, they can get annoying after a while. Jar-Jar is annoying instantly and never fucking stops.

Is there a more autistic fanbase than Star Wars ?

Look, I'm not denying Lucas didn't play a cash grab but Disney did it with an agenda on the side, which is even worse considering the ethics and morals all included.
One thing is too sell toys the other is to shove forced diversity and multiculturalism down our throats and then holding back on your message for the sake of provoking trolls and creating an environment where your clickbait neo nazi shills payed by Disney can lure people into discussing the movie, creating hype at the expense of racism towards one of their actors namely Finn.
You're right in some way, even Lucas described his movies as abstract art compared to the original trilogy, I can't remember which interview it was.
But then again doesn't this show how little Lucas understood Star Wars and what made it great?
If you know the backstory you've heard Lucas being proud about going back and altering the deal giving him all points (rights) in the contract considering Star Wars was going to be nothing at the time before A new hope was released.
he seemed more pleased as a business making a wise descision rather than the creativity involved which caused a spark that led to the creation of a franchise loved by millions and furthermore what made that franchise what it was, the story, the characters, etc.

umad bro?

/thread

As Mike points out the prequel apologists are playing into Disney's hands anyway since they own those turds and will make more money off them if idiots convince themselves they're actually good.

He literally explained what was wrong with the movie. He actually told me why I didn't like it. I couldn't put my finger on why I hated TFA and then I realized after his review that the soullessness and lack of emotion in the movie was what made it terrible.

Why are people triggered by a black man fucking a white girl?

cuck

>lol i dont have a rebuttal

just put your trip back on you fucking baby

jesus

>That's because it was not made by a retard.

No, it was made my a jew. And that's far worse.

go back to your cuckshed nigger

bestiality is illegal

Fucking circle theory man!

Star Trek

I love how triggered you guys are getting over this. It's better than I could have imagined.

No he didn't. He avoided any and all plot and character criticism and complained about the lack of gay, interracial sex.

>Mike points out the blatant hypocrisy of being "inclusive" without backing it up with any kind of courage to show sexual contact between these different races
>Cred Forums gets triggered because they're addicted to cuck memes

When did Cred Forums become a parody of itself?

Try watching the videos user, it's pretty alright.

He talked about that for like 2 minutes, Cred Forums. Give it a rest.

mid 2014.

It was the biggest non-criticism he could think of, and he threw it out there so it could look like he did his job.

I think the point is Lucas didnt give a shit. He had enough money and was making the films mostly for himself. The end result is a bunch of cry baby nerds projecting their desire that they own star wars in some way and George ruined their ideal vision of what they think it should be.

I think the only Star Wars are things that George Lucas himself sanctioned, anything else is bad fanfiction including TFA.
Goerge only sold Star Wars because he was getting old and wanted someone capable of continueing it without treading on his legacy. The thing is Disney lied and denied him creative input so the only conclusion to make is that TFA and future movies are not valid kind of like how mormonism isnt real Christianity.

It's part of his overarching critique about TFA being a children's film. Again, watch the video.

He talked about that for like 2 minutes, Cred Forums. Give it a rest.

It's not even called 'The Force Awakens review'

This was pure reviewkino.

>overarching critique

So not specifically criticizing anything or making a clear point is "overarching" now?

>I think the only Star Wars are things that George Lucas himself sanctioned, anything else is bad fanfiction

No one cares about your headcanon, tumblr.

-same story
-hyperspeed pacing
-characters feel fake, "emotional" (celebrating together, being sad) moments awkward and forced
-too much focus on diversity
-too much nostalgia pandering
-afraid to be called sexist, make rey perfect at everything

It all feels like a plastic, factory-produced product. No heart at all.

T-this one w-was pretty fun too:

I left this shithole around the time of the Mad Max shitposting debacle when we got invaded by Cred Forums, /r9k/ and other butthurt fags. I see nothing changed, on the contrary, trumpfags are everywhere. See you in 2 more years anons.

I can't believe mike straight up said that Rey should have been black bred by Finn ON CAMERA.

Like Mike this is a children's film man, wtf is wrong with him?

read
Also I forgot to mention my favorite parts of the review.
>Extended Lucas edits from interviews
>That fucking 10 minute edit of comparing the rehashed/recycled scenes from original Star Wars excluding one scene
>Dat implication of Dexter Jester's 50's themed diner was the only original Lucas had.
>Ring Wraiths BTFO'd
> Fucking Phasma BTFO'd, holy shit those edits of her getting smacked agains the wall and Han grinning while telling Chewie to throw her in the trash compactor
>Fucking JJ / Disney marketing tricks, interracial bullshit racist platform and clickbait
>HELLO FOLKS, YOU'RE LIVING IN A WORLD WHERE YOU'RE BEING MANIPULATED BY PEOPLE WHO ARE PAID TO SAID / WRITE CERTAIN SHITTY NARRATIVES

FUCK STOP SPAMMING THIS SHIT

>I think the only Star Wars are things that George Lucas himself sanctioned

>I don't actually know anything about the creation of star wars

He's trolling Cred Forums and Cred Forums is too dumb to realize it.

IM FUCKING TIRED OF NON WHITES BEING LEADS IN MY GODDAMN MOVIE! THE DEMOGRAPHICS OF STAR WARS ARE PRIMARILY WHITE MALES AND THEY SHOULD BE THE MAIN CHARACTER OTHER WISE ITS DIVERSITY PANDERING! I HATE THIS TRIGERED FEMINIST SJW KEKS WHO RUIN MY STAR WARS!!! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO RELATE TO THE MAIN CHARACTER IF THEY AREN'T THE SAME GENDER OR RACE AS ME????? FUCK THIS PANDERING BS, THE PREQUELS WERE BETTER THAN TFA!!!!

and my favorite
>Vietnam birth control

Hi George

This was literally Cred Forums a year ago.

Sometimes I can't tell what's serious and what isn't.

This isn't but 99% of the time it is. It's what happens when stormfags make a place their gathering site.

I'd just prefer if theu broke the movie down more instead of spending 60% of the video maling fun of idiots and theories no one cares about.

He didnt even really grill those people even though it wouldve been so easy. He mentions stupid like "lightsaber battles were evolved!" But doesnt really say why its dumb. Just gives the equivalent of a reaction image

I agree, except for the prequel bit, I'd rather watch TFA because its shorter.

yeah it is

>He mentions stupid like "lightsaber battles were evolved!" But doesnt really say why its dumb. Just gives the equivalent of a reaction image

Already covered it in the prequel reviews, all those times he talked about lightsabers being better in small amounts, and how Obi Wan vs Darth Vader at the end of ANH is a much better and emotional fight than the one on RotS despite (or even because of) being much much smaller in scale and choreography.

Well they did put out three full length videos with detailed criticism about all of the PT films.

Do you remember when morons on the internet tried to boycot star wars for the two main leads?

since when a fucking youtube reviews are mentioned in the news?
slashfilm.com/redlettermedias-force-awakens-review/
avclub.com/article/red-letter-media-issues-its-force-awakens-review-o-243498
techtimes.com/articles/180674/20161003/red-letter-media-is-back-with-a-hour-and-45-minute-review-of-star-wars-the-force-awakens.htm
outerplaces.com/science-fiction/item/13460-harry-plinkett-star-wars-force-awakens-redlettermedia
deathandtaxesmag.com/305377/plinkett-red-letter-media-force-awakens-review/

also don't click on avclub one, you might get TRIGGERED

>just accept that asians and other undesirables will inherit the earth, but its ok cause they will honor the memory of white people

Mike is sooo fucking right

Finn should have destroyed Rey's tight little vag with his SUPERIOR BIG BLACK COCK and shoot his SUPERIOR BLACK SEMEN inside her

We need to teach every single children and women that sex with white males is unsatisfying and boring

BBC = good sex

/thread

finally someone said it

Implying that this wasn't ghostbusters 2016 marketing 1.0

As much as I share his sentiment about said boycott, him acting all high and mighty about "le hateful neckbeards from the internet amiright??" is a bit obnoxious.

THIS

So it seems the Star Wars fanbase has lost it's goddamned mind in the last few years, if that Plinkett review and reading this whole thread is anything to go by.

The other Plinkett reviews did all the time too

Fucking please. Anything short of saying TFA is just as bad or worse than the prequels and shitting on every facet of the movie would have been handling it with kid gloves to you.

The plinket character is obnoxious and prone to acting high and mighty how is it any different?

>Mike doesn't like the Goonies

sjw pos

I unsubscribed

Is this part of Cred Forums's tactic or are you just retarded troll's and fetishists?

>high and mighty
>I LIKE TO FUCK MY CAT

>avclub

That fucking article.

Those fucking comments.

All that fuck.

Sure, for that one thing yes. But why bring it up if hes not going to talk about it?

There were other dumb things he never covered before but didnt even break down so it was a waste of time

this

what a fucking joke

I can stand a lot of shit, but shitting on goonies is just too much

this review was boring. he barely gives any meaningful criticism of the force awakens, and the criticism was for pro sjw nonsense. the video is mostly just an excuse to shit on george lucas again, but the jokes weren't as good this time.

butthurt whiteboy with babydick detected

2050 is not so far away

>Mike thinks Red Dawn hasn't aged well

I literally watched this only a few weeks ago and it was fucking goat.

>implying difference

Also don't give him attention.

mostly because no ones been (or wanted to pretend to be) stupid enough to say it. The entire point of the previous half hour was races don't matter and their presence/absence doesn't impress anyone, but they shied away from actual controversy (test marketing, world wide, is always strongly negative to black men kissing anything) when diversity actually could've counted for something.

>slashfilm
>avclub
>techtimes
>outerplaces
>deathandtaxesmag

ALL THE STARS ARE HERE

Why does Mike always freak out whenever violence against woman happens, but doesn't give a fuck about violence against men?

>races don't matter

exactly

the white race doesn't matter especially males

white women are only good for impregnated by the mighty BBC

Hollywood only makes soulless garbage and media outlets make clickbait garbage because thats frankly what people like.

You have to change people, not the business.

Shows you how much the idiots in this thread actually payed attention to what he said. No, they immediately go for the "he's promoting interracial couples like the Jew his is" route.

I don't think you "get" nu-Cred Forums meme culture user.

>he's promoting interracial couples like the Jew his is

they don't have to promote it

everyone knows that black males are the way to go

interracial marriages are skyrocketing

interracial porn is the most popular

the time of the whitey is over

>kids dont care about race

Ok but theyre obviously not the only audience Mike. Hollywood didnt make tfa into a pack of skittles for kids, they did it for the older crowds. Weak point there.

Shipping Finn and Rey was less of a black on white thing and more of a leading man on leading woman thing. Their skin color was incidental to Mike's broader point, which was sexuality in Star Wars.

he's pro forced diversity and pushing the leftist agendas, his criticism was that disney was boasting about how good they are about these issues, while in actuality they played things rather safe.

30 fucking years, m8. Doesn't mean their relationship didn't matter.

the only reason there's any sexuality in star wars at all is because lucas was too timid to rein in harrison ford on the original star wars

>Left: annoyingly diverse
>Right: great, natural diversity

According to MIke

>races don't matter and diversity doesn't impress anyone and everyone can see through your cheap ploys, for
>why didn't [main character] and [main character] fall for each other like in every other star wars movie?
>oh, was it because playing up the diversity was pure lip service?

There's actually a much more subversive and topical issue here. But you're going for the cheap and easy one.

No, the complete lack of any real criticism was handling it with kid gloves.

That was bait, and you fell for it.

Poe and Finn are a better couple anyway.

>Consensual sex with white males should only happen after the girl is creampied by a black bull

What the fuck did he mean by this ?

The fact that you think that's all that's wrong and you needed someone else to tell you why you didn't like something says more about your intelligence than the review itself.

Can someone link me the part about what he said about the interracial bit? Or just say around where.

>Mike doesn't ship Reylo
jdisimlma

>women ahead of men
>asian and black ahead of white man
>white woman still behind white man
>punjabi just thrown the fuck in, clearly wasn't even part of the same shoot

vs

>hispanic, black, black, white, two men, two women, all on equal levels. Hell, they even made sure everyone was the same height (rey has taller heels, boyega is standing on his heels, isaac is on the balls of his feet)

The left is pretty racist/sexist despite how hard its trying not to be. The left is saying nothing.

>You lived long enough to see James unjust himself and Mike Stoklasa become a cuck

The ultimatet, saddest irony, is that the morons who complain non stop about movies having non white leads are the same kind of morons who complain when feminists berate movies for not having female/non white leads. It's two sides of the same fucking coin. Triggered little babies all over the shop. You'll be one of them, sooner or later.

Fucking pro-prequel posters
It got so bad after TFA

They both have the word cuck stamped onto their foreheads forever

goddam niggers are sexy!!

Please, a Supreme Gentleman like Mike would never be satisfied with just one bull.

I honestly don't know how he got away with it

please fuck off.

they are not in any way comparable

Even more pathetic are people like you who twist what people are REALLY upset about into something you can more easilt attack.

>it's a "Mike spends over an hour rambling about fan theories in entirely too much detail while barely attempting to debunk them, then begins apologizing for TFA's failures by spouting his own fanfiction after offering only mild criticism" episode

>people in the avclub comments sarcastically bitching that minorities crave representation in these movies

Literally the same dumb logic that said because these movies are aimed at kids we need to cram kids into the movies so they can relate to them. Do people not get that?

Oh I'm sorry, you're not upset about non white leads, right? you're upset about the white genocide, which is totally different and a very serious issue and totally not just a guise for you to hide the fact that you need to have protagonists of your race and gender in order to relate to them.

I went to a public screening of Mike Stoklasa's Star Wars: The Force Awakens Plinkett review and the meme is pretty accurate

"I'm white, as you can tell."
>BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
"I'm so white that I'm not even gonna dignify that jokewith a punchline, that's how dumb white pooeple are"
>audience cheers
"I was walking home the other day"
>audience inexplicably starts chanting "IN-TER-RACIAL! IN-TER-RACIAL!
"Actually, I was on my way to the Interracial Breeding Ground with my two daughters...."
>everyone in the audience gets up from their seat and start singing "Whoop There It Is" at a deafening volume

I got out of there before it was too late. You do not wanna caught being a white male when he starts the "reparations" bit

What, so you can find material to shitpost about it despite not giving a fuck?

1:34:11, you fag

So they should allow it just because it's interracial?

That just sounds fucking stupid.

Then it would be shameless pandering.

But, there were an entire studio full of people to say, "uh, george, lets not do that" when georgie boy wanted to do outright silly shit, like having the ice monster eat a bunch of storm troopers because C3PO tore a "do not enter sign" off a door.

This is what Cred Forums believes humor is

I'm willing to bet that's just a rewritten louis ck joke

it's not humor

in approx 2 years there won't be a women on this planet who wants to have sex with a white male

all of them will lust for the BBC

You're still getting hung upon on your trigger words and missing the point entirely.

They got a black lead and a white lead of opposite sexes because diversity. But couldn't actually entwine their stories at all because, if they did, china would not have allowed the movie to be shown in chinese theaters.

I'd probably be pretty triggered at this post if I was from Cred Forums, the fags sound like they're insanely insecure about themselves.

Please stop posting your attention whore youtube bullshit here.

Except he apologized for it straight away so it lost all of its bite.

just because no one wants to have sex with you doesn't mean there's some sort of trend happening.

>They didn't want Rey to end up with the goofy and clumsy sidekick character, and that's that

They maybe that fucking character shouldn't be the secondary lead of the movie?

Well I just can't compete with the superior BBC

Saying "fuck you, you laughed" is not apologizing.

>that part where Mike claims the Rey and Kylo Ren fight is good
I mean, he's right in the sense that it's definitely a step in the right direction when it comes to the tone of the fight and the lack of dance moves, but that fight is garbage otherwise.
>fucking Finn holds his own against Ren in a lightsaber fight
>Rey gets force powers out of nowhere yet again with no formal training at all
>beats a trained force user in a 1v1
>that part where Kylo says "force" and Rey sits there with her eyes shut for like ten fucking seconds before suddenly turning the fight around
When did he lose his eye for bullshit?

You're doing it again.

If you're not going to respond to someones real argument then dont bother

But he also said "white women lust for the BBC, they need it, crave it, If there isn't full BBC on young white women in my childrens movie I won't let my wifes son watch it"

I feel like it kinda cancels out

I wasn't even replying to anyone in particular, didn't realize there was an argument to be had. What's your argument

>Disney shills think C-3PO was as bad as Jar-Jar

ftty

Ren's a little shit who so far as we know has never been in a lightsaber fight, and in any case his teacher, Luke, got 10 minutes of lightsaber training once 20 years ago.

Nobody knows what the hell they're doing and Ren's gotten by on looking and acting scary and never really exerting himself.

And yet you still log in them all with the same IP/MAC Address lmao you truly are a Google.

Kylo still has more training than literally none at all. He should have at least curbstomped Finn, but he still managed to get a hit in for some reason.

Finn holds his own against a fucking wounded kylo ren for like 20 seconds before getting blown the fuck up. Rey is clearly very strong with the ways of the force, and you may call her a mary sue for that, which is fine, but she's still very strong with the force. The point is that the sentiment is there, and the lightsaber fight is more about the emotions going on, with rey having to resist the dark side powers growing inside her. It's not the best fight in the series by a longshot but I'll take that fight over any prequel trilogy fight. It's a step in the right direction.

HAHHAHAHA

Whites and christianity have been taken over this globe bit by bit, take alook and google global ethnic groups and religion.

Your delusional cuck fantasy will have died out by 2050, idiot.

jesus at least do it properly faggot

I will do it for you

He's just rusing you you daft idiot

It's the first movie in a trilogy, you fucking retard.

>still believing this

Tiny white penis detected

>>Louis pull out a handgun and shoots a white man in the front row

>Louis pull out a handgun
>Louis
You had one job

If THAT can rely on sequels, then the prequels can rely on books and the EU.

You're wrong, these are not just trolls but people with a mental disorder posting on literally every major board my dear newfriend, they must be bullied and laughed at.

maybe but it's more likely he was paid off by blacked.com, ie given a free tshirt or subscription

Doesnt stop other 'first in a series' movies from developung characters.

Do your film 101 homework, kid

I've been on this site for 10 years and I've been here long enough to tell when someone is posting in order to get a quick response from easily triggered idiots.

wow, such an argument, let me guess your IQ, around a double digit somewhere right?

>T-Shirt
Are there BLACKED shirts? I can't even imagine seeing somebody wear one.

>Mike Stoklasa walks onto stage looking troubled
>Waits for chants of "kill the white man" to die down before beginning
>"Something has been really bothering me lately, I always think about how all white people need to die but I'm still alive and so are all of you"
>Crowd boos their own existence
>"I think it's time we did something about that"
>Mike pull out a handgun and shoots a white man in the front row
>"Fuck that guy"
>Crowd burst into uncontrollable laughter
>"Fuck all of you too"
>He starts randomly shooting into the crowd
>He runs out of ammunition and throws the gun on the ground
>The crowd look severely dissapointed
>"Well, time to finish the job"
>He opens his shirt to reveal a suicide vest
>"DEATH TO ALL WHITE PEOPLE"
>The crowd begins take their feet for a standing ovation
>He explodes, taking out the whole theater

Nah, that's bullshit. The Empire Strikes Back is a great movie that is much better as the middle of a trilogy, it didn't need any fucking bullshit novels or cartoons to help it out.

We'll see how The Force Awakens fares with the trilogy, any and all bullshit novel or cartoon content is irrelevant.

I've been on this site 11 years, now fuck off

>tiny dick whiteboy mad cause every women is addicted to BBC

looool whiteys will die out soooo fucking soon haha

then don't do a fucking review and waste everybody's time with some tepid, timid, criticisms and too many pulled punches. just unused lucas jokes for an hour and leftist talking points for the next.

That reason might've possibly been the giant fucking hole in his abdomen where most of his core muscles used to be.

As he was shot with a weapon that sent anyone it hit flying quite far.

NEW THREAD

I love how he never points out the fact that Kylo is basically the most powerful force user ever seen on screen, he can stop a blaster bolt mid air, and hold it there in the back of his mind like it's nothing as he walks, thinks, and talks.

Then somehow, he lose a force pull to a girl with no force training.

You blew it

If I make a definitive statement maybe no one will notice I'm actually retarded.

I've been on this site for 12 years actually lmao wrecked newfag

looool coons never did anything or will do anything that matters
nor will beta manlet fags like you, what are, like 5'7" ???

>I CACA DAO VEE CEE

Giant hole in his abdomen.

>looool coons never did anything or will do anything that matters

they will impregnate every women with their BBC

woman can't resist it

you won't have children, you will die

and yet it had zero effect on his combat against Finn, and Rey initially. Even at 1% of his force power, he should have easily been able to beat her.

>zero effect
>finn is actually able to stall ren for a second

... ya dun blew it

Nah, man. We love to hate what we love since 1999. What's so hard to understand?

>Review Discussion Thread #2

>Thread #2

More like thread # 78 at this point. Guess OP wasn't here yesterday.

kek
We control most of this world, most niggers die of aids or crime before the age of 20, you have no hope.
You will live in our society under white rule until you are bred out.

interracial marriages are skyrocketing (black man with white women OF COURSE)

interracial porn is the most popular out of every genre

stay made whitey

>JUST DO ALL FUCKING YOUNGLINGS MAN

Can you Cred Forumsacks stop project your interacial fetish on the rest of us?

Best gags?

On clickbait sites defending the prequels with stupid pointless lists of minor things they did right:
>Again, it's like picking the positives of cancer.
>1. You get to stay at home from work!
>2. Save money at the Barber Shop!
>3. Eat what you want and STILL lose weight!

>stay made whitey
I am made, I am the status quo

it's not a fetish

it's the truth white boi

Have you ever asked yourself "Maybe everyone isn't completely obsessed with black penises? Maybe it's just me?"

>Maybe everyone isn't completely obsessed with black penises

Well white women are surely obsessed with them haha :)

AVclub is mad because they were one of the clickbait websites getting shit on in Mike's review.

It was shit, spent nearly an hour on fucking ring theory without mentioning tfa then went super soft on it

Le me too good sir XD