So, what did you guys think of Brooklyn?

So, what did you guys think of Brooklyn?
It's pretty amazing how a simple plot with great acting can you make you think so much.
In my opinion Saoirse Ronan deserved the oscar for her performance

The dago wasn't good enough for her. She was also a bad person for wavering in her fidelity when she returned to Ireland even though Domnhall better than the dago. Her first bit in New York was great and really made me feel her loneliness and fish-out-of-wateredness. Her accent made me instantly fall in love with her. Overall it was a fine movie that was oscarbait but undeserving of any major award (best actress maybe).

Well she never did anything with Domnhall, I feel like it was more than just about who she prefered, it was about staying in Ireland and growing old or moving on with life in America

This. It wasn't really about the guys more as what they represented. Live a comfortable life in Ireland but you feel stagnant or live a less comfortable life in the States but feel more free and out of the nest.

The atmosphere they created for the entire movie was kind of warm and magical, and yes superior acting helped a lot.

What a literally perfect performance!

It's scary how good she is with subtlety given her relatively short age.
She surely will be a monster in a few years.

I thought it was pretty 'meh' beside Saoirse performances.

I don't know why I didn't like. It had these old timey tone which was similar to great movies like Gigi or Roman Holiday but I just couldn't care for this one at all.

I'll never be able to see that actress without being reminded of Hannah and how they changed the fucking ending.

Hanna was a nice character, but easily forgettable if compared to Eilish (so much more colors)

Yeah.

I didn't like the change to ending from the original script either.

Having the family get killed and ending the movie ambiguous felt like abrupt ending to the movie and Hanna character.

They should have went with the original ending in the script

Actually referring to the original ending from the story where Marissa subdues Hanna and chokes her to death in a really long battle and then calls in to have her embryos harvested and then flashes to years later with twins being raised in the facility

What?

Are you serious user? I never read about that ending holy shit.

She shat in that bucket masterfully. It was all like "PFFT" and then "KERSPLOOSH" or "PRRFFTTKK". It was the wettest poo sounds I've ever heard in a movie of that budget. She wasn't afraid of being typecast as an Irish girl of simple means who will shit in a bucket like it's going out of style. Like she must have hurt her asshole with all the poo and method shitting.

>see movie on a date in an outdoor viewing
>can hardly understand dialog (almost as bad as My Left Foot)
>all the laughter is feminine and incessant
>realize it's a chick movie and I should turn my brain off to enjoy it

>We didn't get to see Cate Blanchett strangle a teenage girl to death while thrusting into her butt repeatedly to keep her pinned to the ground and then get even weirder by kissing her as she died

I had finally forgotten about that shit and the disappointment I felt but thanks assholes

It's not a chick movie at all...

are we talking about the same movie? The one with the love triangle?

That love triangle where one of the vertices didn't even kissed nor touched the other?

surprised at the acclamations it received. it was like a made-for-tv movie desu senpai

If you think Sersh's actions toward Domnhall were appropriate then you are a literal cuck.

But it was a movie user, and not a chick flick

What's wrong with chick flicks?

They can be pretty good.

How could be there something wrong? let's not assume assumptions user

Sorry my mistake.

Also Eilish did everything wrong.

She was in command of her life user, she decided for the brightest NY, where everybody is a new soul to her, the old spinster in Enniscorthy, ms Kelly just reminded her how awful a life there would be.