CHARACTERS THAT ACTUALLY DID NOTHING WRONG

Frank Sobotka was a good man.

Other urls found in this thread:

nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Police-Officers-Get-Jobs-Back-194100131.html
theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/12/how-police-unions-keep-abusive-cops-on-the-street/383258/
huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/10/chrysler-workers-drinking_n_2272291.html
cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/city-rehires-15-fired-roads-workers-but-most-are-on-probation-1.3054251
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Listen, you're talking about things when you see when they do, but aren't they?

This is what happens when workers unionize and start making unrealistic demands. Labor unions were a mistake.

>Labor unions were a mistake.

Good Goy

Objectively bad father.

Makes me sick motherfucker how far we done fell

Labor unions are what helped kill American jobs. Every year those unions would go on strike and demand more and more until there was no more to give and the companies outsourced production for the cheapest labor they could find.

>2016
>Actually believing that the neutering of the unions is a good thing

Enjoy your collapsing middle class

He should have killed his son, before his son killed. He was guilty.

what did he mean by this

>Charlie Chaplin
He was heck of a character

Seems to be a running trend with him.

lmao they were going to go to the cheapest labor they could find no matter what

Good boy. You need the job, but the job doesnt need you. Stay in line.

Control was a patriot who only wanted to protect her country

this is what happens when you don't understand anything about the world.

WHAT IS LOVE

CLASSKEK

He didn't finish them off.

Women will never understand, they are too busy caught up in the romanticism of being fucked like a whore by a smooth-talking vagabond.

Sweatshops and currency devaluation are a direct result of what labor unions forced on their employers after the post-war era. America was literally the most prosperous nation on Earth, and foreign countries took advantage of how stupid and greedy the unions got. On top of all the exponential benefits they demanded year after year, even Frank Sobatka joked about all the stuff that "fell off the truck" that they'd take home. They did it in broad daylight because they knew they could get away with it, until the companies simply had enough and shut the whole thing down.

this is true for some cases. the things is that you can't just say all unions are bad when the vast majority of them are fair and good for the people.

in many states all government funded projects must use union labor

>delusion: the post

>ROBOTS

everything he said is accurate. american labor has priced itself out of the market

not him but you know dick about the economy if you think unions were a good thing

>everything he said is accurate

no

>american labor has priced itself out of the market

you know the difference between all other resources and labour? All other resources can't take to the streets and abolish state authority. Hollywood may project that fear onto soulless automatization machines, but that's just to hide the truth that's in front of our eyes.

>All other resources can't take to the streets and abolish state authority
doesnt make a difference when theres plenty of nonunion labor. i was in a skilled trade union for over 10 years, i know they are highly flawed.

labor everywhere was priced out by the lack of worker ethics and rights in Asia

She did everything she could to get out of Harlan alive

you don't know it really. You justify it because you want to see reality through your prism.
see also

>Woman detected

Get.The.Fuck.Out

i'm talking mostly about construction and service unions locally and currently even though i agree you're right.

I think unions are a great idea in theory. The problem is that when they finally find that perfect balance, it's still not enough. Most of the unions left in this country are city jobs in Democrat strongholds. Schools and infrastructure suffer because the city can't afford to spend real money anymore. Nepotism is the key to acquiring a union job, everyone who didn't know somebody left a generation ago, so all that's left are budget-sucking Local chapters and welfare families. Too many leeches with little room for expansion and quality investment.

There's whole books and statistics on this and it's a lot more complicated than I'm making it sound, but it boils down to this - unions were a mistake.

unions make it far more difficult to fire bad employees and sets a low bar compared to their relatively high pay. it's pointless bloat at this point with things like osha and current jobsite laws.

accurate post. i actually got in to my local union becuase of my dad and learned the trade there. the problem with unions is that it doesnt benefit superior workers such as myself who take pride in being a cut above. unions are in place to jack up wages for shitty employees. a skilled tradesman who is actually worth hiring can charge far more than union wages and go in to business for himself.

i always thought it was hamfisted when she turn'd on boyd.

she literally did not corroborate the story and just accepted raylins word like it was gold, even after he threw her in the trash.

>I think unions are a great idea in theory.

no, unions were a historical necessity and they did work in actual life.>it's still not enough

sure, blame the workers for greed, that's a good trick

>but da unions

those people infiltrated them and corrupted them, they were a foreign body and a plague to the plain people

don't confuse the two

>in many states all government funded projects must use union labor

Exactly. Union labor cannot be competitive in a free market.

i'm just shitposting senpai ignore me

>unions make it far more difficult to fire bad employees and sets a low bar compared to their relatively high pa

this is a fairy tale, a comic book narrative, literally. You could fire someone if they fucked up. What you couldn't do is fire someone on false pretext, while your real goal was to expand control on the workers and the company was making a profit

don't believe everything you are told

aye, respect

>this is a fairy tale, a comic book narrative, literally.
nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Police-Officers-Get-Jobs-Back-194100131.html

theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/12/how-police-unions-keep-abusive-cops-on-the-street/383258/

>Union labor cannot be competitive in a free market.

I agree, they were a necessity. They did work. But the leaders didn't know where to draw the line, which is why all the shit we buy now is made in China for pennies on the American dollar (if they spend even that much).

>don't believe everything you are told
i have worked under 2 different unions, one for over 10 years, and have seen numerous examples of union workers getting away with things that they probably wouldnt have been able to had it been a non union shop controlling who they can hire.

wow, a bait to get the progressives aboard! What an original tactic! We sure haven't seen this before.

What you posted is true for the cops. Not for real working people.

I think you're the one who is living the fairy tale? Have you ever had to fire someone and had to spend a day huddling with the general counsel just to make sure you wouldn't get sued? This was a white collar position that wasn't even unionized. The labor laws in this country are ridiculous.

>have seen numerous examples of union workers getting away with things that they probably wouldnt have been able to had it been a non union shop controlling who they can hire

like what, resting in the weekend?
Who do they think they are amirite?

Name me one major city-funded construction job in the last ten years in which they weren't bullied by the teamsters into hiring union employees.

TITO DICK, DICKMAN, BABY!

>This union doesn't count because I said so!
Not interested in playing a "No true Scotman's" game. I'm done responding to your blatant trolling.

>had to spend a day huddling with the general counsel just to make sure you wouldn't get sued?

OH MY GOD, WHAT A HELLTRIP!!! A WHOLE FUCKING DAY TO ENSURE A PERSON'S LIVELIHOOD WOULDN'T GO DOWN THE DRAIN JUST TO MAKE THE OTHERS GET AFRAID? POOR MANAGERS, WHAT WERE THEY GOING THROUGH? IS THERE A MOVIE THAT DEPICTS THEIR SILENT SUFFERING FOR OVER 20 YEARS OF POST-WAR SOCIAL WELFARE STATE?

I think that's a good thing. How it should be. Everywhere. If it had remained that way I wouldn't be uninsured and underpaid while working the same hours you did as a Union member. Get it now? Do you have a child?

i could write an enormous post listing qualities of terrible coworkers i have had to deal with but i don't think that's necessary.

>like what
5 seconds of google:

huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/10/chrysler-workers-drinking_n_2272291.html
>Chrysler has reinstated more than a dozen Jefferson North assembly line workers who were filmed drinking and smoking pot during their breaks.

cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/city-rehires-15-fired-roads-workers-but-most-are-on-probation-1.3054251
>The firings stem back to late 2012, when the city used video surveillance and GPS records of city vehicles, among other methods, to learn the workers were putting in fewer hours than billed. In some cases, the city said, they were working a handful of hours for a a day of pay. The city also investigated the workers regarding missing asphalt.

even if those rights and ethics were pristine (many of them are), asia would still have a massive advantage in labor-intensive tradeable goods. how do you retards not see that? The only thing that can fight that is large-scale trade restrictions and economic isolation, and I don't see how that is better long-term than trying to adjust the education and skill set of the populace.

I bet you think we should outlaw robots because they are too efficient

Where's the money coming from? The government. How much money would they save hiring cheaper labor to spend that leftover money on ways to improve infrastructure and education? Assuming of course they're not a corrupt shithole, as most major cities are now.

Unions are a major reason our big cities are dead.

he didn't won

unions literally protect people from being terminated. some unions got very powerful to the point that they operated like organized crime, and they protected people on the inside.

i have three kids and make a living far better than i did when i worked in the union. my point i was trying to convey is that unions have served their purpose and are no longer needed. it's not an employers fault for not wanting to keep on subpar employees. you shouldnt need a union to negotiate your own value, your value should be obvious, and if it's not then maybe you aren't underpaid. maybe lazy and unskilled employees don't deserve to get paid good money.

wow, it seems like the workers are lazy and tend to consume substances. Or am I thinking of blacks? No wait, those are the latinos...or the indians???

I am not talking just about your example. Many construction jobs are privately funded. The money should come from taxing the rich.

>you shouldnt need a union to negotiate your own value, your value should be obvious, and if it's not then maybe you aren't underpaid

ok, how is that doing the same job someone did in the past as a member of a Union, pays less now, often with more hours on the clock?
See, you don't even know how wages are distributed.
And what do you do now that pays you better than when you were in a Union? Have your own buisness? If so, that's not what we were talking about.

>I am not talking just about your example. Many construction jobs are privately funded. The money should come from taxing the rich.

Great idea. On top of the unions strong-arming public and private development/production and foreign companies dangling huger profits simply based off the exchange rates, why WOULDN'T they keep those jobs domestic? Because those rich folks are such patriots!!! They'll GLADLY pay more all of a sudden despite the trends of the last 40 years because Bernie Sanders says so.

Suddenly the evil 1% care about jobs in America because... they're American too lol.

i live in seattle where the union wage has remained around 30/h for the last 10 or even 15 years while the min. wage has doubled from 7 to 15. i'm not entirely sure why this is, probably because the unions are losing power and in their death throes and democrats believe raising the min wage is actuall a good thing despite diminishing buying power of the middle class. the same work "pays less" because there are loads of people here willing to do the job for less wages. the reality is that you can still get paid the same or in my case far more for the same work by negotiating your own value. i get paid 50 or even 60 per hour depending on the project doing almost the exact same work just with a much finer final product.

>it's a Cred Forums pretends to be experts about things they don't understand episode

fucking reruns

really, really good goy

im actually passionate about this issue though, it's had a huge role in my life growing up in a liberal family with union worker parents, going in the the union when i was 17, then slowly realizing it's all bullshit over the course of 10 years of so.

the "going away" boogeyman. They still need the market to sell their shit. And as the other user pointed out, now that China is building its middle class (on the corpses of thousand of workers), once a market is solidified there they 're gone anway.
But you still need to support the pillars of this state until that happens, plus there is the "projection of power" factor which China doesn't have yet.

>despite diminishing buying power of the middle class.

>raising the minimum wage diminishes buying power

>the same work "pays less" because there are loads of people here willing to do the job for less wages

the same work pays less because those people are unorganised and the job market has descended into jungle status and the capitalists take advantage of that. They created that chaos in the first place.

Also, the minimum wage raise has an impact on the so-called "real wages", meaning the people who work for BELOW the minimum wage.

you sure solved the conflict peacemaker. How smart you must be keeping your distances.

but he's r-reddit!

raising the minimum wage diminishes the value of middle class wages, i am seeing and experiencing this first hand in seattle. my little brother who works in the teamsters union makes 25/h and has for the last 4-5 years, the union contract just came and went and they went up by 25 cents for the next 3 years, he isn't getting a raise despite everything else around us raising in price due to the 15/h minimum. so here we are making the same old wage while a whopper with cheese costs 9$ now and rent goes up by $50 every year. Why? because minimum wage just had to increase, those unskilled uneducated plebs need their 15/h. instead of improving themselves and increasing their value in the job market they decided to lower the quality of life for all of us.

It's a global market now. And China does have that projection you're talking about since they've been projected to be the next world super power for years, and it's still heading that way despite the currency manipulation. The value of the Yen was a popular joke in the 90s. It's gotten much worse for them.

But they don't need their own money. LOL if you think they're building their middle class. China has no middle class and never will. They'll continue to rip us off and nobody, not even Donald Trump, can change that. We're in too deep, and they're too cunning to go full Zimbabwe tier.

how can they improve themselves without money? are you serious?

>China does have that projection you're talking about since they've been projected to be the next world super power for years

>China has no middle class and never will

educate yourself, stop farting from your mouth and keyboard and then give your opinion.

Projection of power in military terms

China has been slowly building a middle class for the past 20 years or so.

>how can they improve themselves without money? are you serious?
get good grades and a scholarship?
get a free apprenticeship for a trade?
work a more laborious job for higher pay?
become proficient at sales?

are YOU serious?

>Projection of power in military terms
>China has been slowly building a middle class for the past 20 years or so

>get good grades and a scholarship?
>get a free apprenticeship for a trade?
>work a more laborious job for higher pay?
>become proficient at sales?

how will they do all that without any money?

you're going to have to elaborate because that looks like an incredibly stupid question as is

is this the frank/ziggy road trip prequel?

>tfw the Greeks get the call

The problem is that economic growth needs to start with wages, not with industrial growth where profits are then deferred to wages. It's a lopsided model implemented far too quickly without considering the actual causes behind endemic income inequality. A UBI would be more effective, though also premature

He was a libertarian, that's plenty enough reason to kill him.

>tfw u meet a big guy

>ywn be this edgy

A lot of lives were lost on that fateful day. RIP

>cooking meth in a purpose-built lab
>did nothing wrong
Just because he was a poof doesn't mean he wasn't an illegal drug manufacturer.

He knew that what he was doing was wrong, and he tried to explain it away like he was above it all.
Typical gay