Westworld

How would you rate the first episode out of 10 Cred Forums?

Id give it a 7.5 - didn't quite live up to the hype (or even the movie) for me but I like some of the things they are setting up and the world they are developing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=saZCXbJqZKw
inverse.com/article/21633-hbo-westworld-actors-robots-vfx-special-effects-miles-beyond-a-glitch
rarbg.to/torrent/wuy4vlo
youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Gr-7RuNzg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

9/10.

They set everything up perfectly. I can't wait to discover that map thing under the Indian dealers scalp. Also how they are giving foresight into what is across the river. This shit is going to be awesome, I've never been more excited for a TV show honestly.

I enjoyed it a lot. I hope it catches on here

8.5/10

As far as the first episode of a show can go, I'm having trouble thinking of one that tops this. The first sequence was glorious, and there are a ton of great directions to take the premise. I'm hyped as fuck. It even inspired me to make my first webm.

In a vacuum it was about as good as a pilot could be.

It's like a really cool rpg with unbelievable npc's. In the end though you're still playing alone. Ed Harris is playing hardcore.

how the fuck they did that was really impressive. very eerie

May you have a deep and dreamless slumber

10/10

Since it's one of the Nolans helming it the dialogue is again a bit stiff but as a pilot episode this is near perfect.

Also hearing black hole sun on the old timey piano was brilliant.

youtube.com/watch?v=saZCXbJqZKw

damn so it's just a weirdo doing it. that makes it more cool.

It's already better than the movie.
The movie is good but it's a simple revenge movie that never questions the moral and ethical issues in creating life, which Michael Crichton elaborates on more in Jurassic Park.

>Also hearing black hole sun on the old timey piano was brilliant.

How about that orchestral version of Paint It Black. Really caught me off-guard, that.

Can't wait until everything goes to shit and the androids revolt and that cannibal dad starts hunting people through those flooded levels.
Hopefully some of those levels have defunct settings like Rome or the medieval one like in the movie.

>flooded levels

I was trying to figure out what that globe thing was, is that what they were? just like older versions of the theme park? i hope we see some cool like beta testing of new parks or attractions or something.

>Hopefully some of those levels have defunct settings like Rome or the medieval one like in the movie.

Yeah I was wondering about that. Why was sub-level fucking 60-something a shopping mall? There's gotta be more to that stuff.

Both of those were unexpected but really tastefully inserted.

>that never questions the moral and ethical issues in creating life
its such a cliched theme its impossible to not be campy

Yeah, it was definitely well done. Loved it.

>tfw cannibal cultist schizo dad eats a guest while glitching

Even though I should've known better Marsden being a robot caught me off-guard.

So did Sexrex's head getting blown off before his big speech.

solid 7.5/10

will we see a version of the Gunslinger in this? Could this potentially be set in the same universe as the movie? Im curious because the basement looked like it was originally meant for something else - like a welcoming centre. Maybe its like Jurassic World with with original Westworld existing under or near the new one

I hope that it isn't connected.
But I do hope that we see a version of the Gunslinger, and that it's Marsden.

>US GAMERZ AMIRITE? ED HARRIS LEVELED UP XD

how ling before all the big name actors leave and we're stuck with the literally who's and it becomes shit?

are you okay user?

Gun Slinger is Ed Harris.

Why can't the robots harm the humans with guns? Was Cyclops shooting blanks at Ed Harris? Obviously, they aren't shooting blanks at each other during the robbery. This doesn't make any sense, and bothered me a lot.

kys

I initially thought Ed Harris was going to be the gunslinger. The opening definitely played with my expectations.

1.Based Ed Harris as a cowboy.
2.Hot naked bitches
3.Comfy Wesworld facilities
4.Sleek offices
5.Evil robots
6.Cast with real actors

I dont give a shit im watching this goddam show forever.

>ywn respond to a host malfunction in the middle of the night with your comfy crew and badass red p90s.

just end my simulation now.

My money is now on Marsden.
He's literally a robot on the edge with nothing to lose.

you might want to take a moment or two to calm yourself

but he isn't a robot

gay af reply

inverse.com/article/21633-hbo-westworld-actors-robots-vfx-special-effects-miles-beyond-a-glitch

pretty great use of good old cgi

im just a little worried for you user, you've come into this thread quite heated and i dont understand why

9 for me. I've not been following any pre release stuff at all, and I'm hyped for it

youre trying too hard, gaylord.

I fucking loved it. Perfectly done and I was invested the entire time. I really liked the acting from the dad when he was having the glitch out interview

>I really liked the acting from the dad when he was having the glitch out interview
its was cgi dummy

So it was a cgi voice?

I wasn't talking about his eyes being all fluttery dummy

I liked it, it has potential.

8/10

just watched it, easily a 9 or even 9.5 / 10

great introduction, still quite a bit of mystery, lot of plot lines to be taken advantage of.
the cast is great

Where can I watch it online?

Couldn't on HBO's website, as I'm in another country.

Fucking bullshit.

Hes wrong. why would they cgi that part

>watching online
I will never understand you fags

8/10

Looks good so far.

Literally the only fucking way I can watch it.

How does a Guest know who he's allowed to kill? Everyones in character.

>sci-fi robots
>Waifu's left and right
>actually good gore unlick GoT
>competent actors, and acting in general
>promising plot and writing
>excellent cinematography

I must have died and gone to heaven lads.

Ever heard of something called download?

>How does a Guest know who he's allowed to kill?
They don't, but guests can't kill other guests with their guns, the bullets do not damage. (assuming this follows the same rules as the original movie)

Yeah I knew about the guns as it was a plot point but theres also knives.

>They don't
Well thats dangerous.

You can torrent it here
rarbg.to/torrent/wuy4vlo

The killers release is pretty good

I'm sure the guests sign some forms, and I bet the Westworld company is lawyered out the wazoo

what's with the flies??

123movies (you know the symbol) to

This show seems good. But i'm not really down for half of the twists to be 'haha JK it was/wasn't a robot all along!'

>good gore, unlike GoT
Neil Marshall is directing an episode of Westworld this season. Both of his episodes of GoT featured hilariously over-the-top gore, so you might be speaking too soon.

the guns all have sensors so they can only shoot androids, otherwise they fire blanks. this is all explained in the movie, but god forbid any of you take an hour to watch that first

It's different in the show, something you would realize if you took the time to watch it.

it's on tpb

>"Literally can't hurt a fly"
>Slaps fly
It's a plot device to show them breaking their conditioning. On a barely related note, the milk is a callback to the white blood the robots had in the movie

non i meant the flies throughout. Many times when someone was malfunctioning there would be a fly on their face.

How so?

underrated af

Foreshadowing for the fly slap I guess. Unless you were wondering why the flies are attracted to the androids, my guess is they have fake sweat or BO to make them seem more real

You can see the "bullets" hitting Ed Harris in the opening sequence.

Also, Jonathan Nolan explicitly said in an interview that they went for a different method than in the movie:

>“It’s not the guns,” Nolan said. “It’s the bullets. We thought a lot about this. In the original film, the guns won’t operate guest on guest, but we felt like the guests would want to have a more visceral experience here. So when they’re shot it has sort of the impact. They’re called simunitions. The U.S. military trains with rounds like the ones we’re talking about. But there’s a bit of an impact, a bit of a sting. So it’s not entirely consequence-free for the guests.”

Ah, I had a pretty low-res torrent so didn't see them bouncing

here we go again

Ed is an Avenger. Get over it

Foreshadowing to the slap, yes, and also symbolic for the bugs in their coding.

get fucked, shill

I would like to know what do you like from recent years

I got a few questions

is this world a virtual reality or a physical theme park irl?

Also, doesn't a company as big as westworld keep track of its guests? I'm pretty sure it's expensive as fuck to enter this world and they would have security surveillance out the ass so how is Ed Harris chillin there going around rekking their bots?

Answer I'm looking for for the last question might be a spoiler so i dunno

chill and watch the fucking thing

you sound like my girlfriend

My understanding is that it's an actual place, either outdoors somewhere, or more likely in some kind of massive building / underground thing.
The Gunslinger character is a mystery, no doubt they will do something like he's a guest that is unknown to the park authorities, or he is an android that thinks he's human and somehow operates outside the system.

It's physical.

There's no confirmation that what Ed Harris has been up to is against the "rules" of Westworld. We'll probably find out more about these rules next episode, which follows the perspective of two guests.

at first i thought it was VR given the map in the control centre and the way it zooms out to it. but then you see them going there physically, as well as the broken bots being human size in the warehouse

as for keeping track of ed harris, this was one of the most jarring aspects during the pilot for me. he seems to be out in the middle of nowhere trying to hide his actions. this better be explained in subsequent episodes

This one is also pretty cool

every fucking thread, this guy.

there's always the one retard that can't into torrents and has to actually take the time to type out a post and ask.

It seems to be physical. If it were virtual, there wouldn't be much fear of the hosts hurting the newcomers.

As for Ed Harris going around, causing hijinks, that seems to be a part of the fantasy they sell. So long as he doesn't fuck with other guests, he's free to do as he pleases. They probably do know about him, though.

lol the pic

why do these two posts exists in the same universe?

I gotta a family to feed and bills to pay man. We all gotta make ends meat :o)

8/10
a little clunky but it was a wonderful way to set the table for future episodes. I can't wait to see more actually.

Evan Rachel Wood is a fucking goddamned knockout too wow

My initial reaction was that Ed Harris is a hardcore guest that has enough money to stay in Westworld for years.

How the fuck would a medieval westworld work? All the hosts would have swords/bows etc

That's obvious safety issue to guests

Also, can the staff see the guests fukkin their androids?

I wonder if the staff fucks the androids for fun. It's gotta be lonely up there in that command center.

Whoaaaaa just finished, Dolores slapping that mosquito was the perfect ending. Shit, boys. We might have a good one. 9/10 from me, didn't like the look of the command-center but im sure it'll grow on me.

Wouldn't it just take one dweeb of a guest to fuck up the experience for everyone and chop the heads off hosts indiscriminately? What rules and regulations do they have for this fucking place. I know people would go rampant

I think it's physical just because they had dead simulations at the end of both days, and in the second day the lesbian programmer whispered something into the dead characters' ears and they get up and walk back to their starting position. If it were VR they could just reset the program, so clearly the robots are physical and the world is physical. That leaves me to question the nature of their healing, is the flesh quickly regenerating in one night? How long is it between narratives anyway?

I'm definitely intrigued to find out more

i wanted to turn it off halfway through but then i thought maybe it will get super good towards the end, but nothing really happened

i was disappointed but then again maybe i had too high expectations

You will never stand over her and watch that wake-up loop

Fuck

did you not see the grill kiss the hooker bot? also ceo man has beer with them.

Cannibal dad mr.abernathywas the best part desu, his acting was 10/10, even remember him as the main villian in the dmc reboot game. I hope he has more scenes in the series.

>didn't like the look of the command-center but im sure it'll grow on me.
I didn't like the big giant simulation they were looking into. The audience had a better point of view just through a camera lens, why didn't they just have cameras set up in the park attached to a group of televisions? Ironically The Truman Show's command center, which featured Ed Harris, was far more compelling with just a few TV screens and some AV equipment.

thats the point.

How do they keep the guests from seeing the command center? It looks like it's up in the sky but it could be visible from the ground.

The rest of the facility is so...sleek? The giant landscape is just clunky. That's really my only nitpick, though

might be camouflage like that shitty new star trek movie

speaking of that shitty movie

ragtime version of this in episode 2 of west world amirite?

youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Gr-7RuNzg

Are there children bots? Or is it the same morality as videogames - no child npcs

I kept getting distracted by the beauty of the actress that plays Delores.

I had to rub one out twice in the span of an hour.

This episode was surprisingly light on the sex scenes.

It does support the theory that HBO is cutting back on the number and length of sex scenes in their next generation of shows.

since dolores is claimed as the oldest host in the park why is bill so stiff?

is dolores made of the sticky white stuff or just the new ones? why is she not mechanical like bill?

would harris fuck a literal stiff robot?

they literally say she keeps getting upgraded

but how can she be the oldest host exactly? do they just mean her software?

They probably kept updating and remodeling her due to popularity.

arent normies buttmad at the amount of sex on hbo?

>HURRRRR why cant i kill kids in bideo gaemz????
fucking degenerate

To whom do we declare a hearty BRAVO to?

And there's always this guy who can't stop and think about it for a second.

If they could, they would probably realise that the retard is resorting to watch online because he fucking can't donwload a torrent file at the moment.

But it is easier to live in ignorance, I suppose.

does this mean dolores could possibly meet herself?

fffuucckk

for fuck sake the memes are already starting. welp these threads have been good while they lasted

maybe this is the BIGGER PICTURE that the narrative guy wasn't able to piece together while talking to the security lady

WHAT THE FOKKK

Lots of really good elements, some astoundingly bad elements.

Good
>actually surprising twists
>good acting/effects to make robots look uncanny
>ed harris' character looks like they took a leet haxor from a MMORPG and turned him into a mysterious villain
>the setting is beautiful

Bad
>that writing (although since it's in a campy wild west simulation it's understandable)
>no but seriously that writing, there's no excuse for the dialogue between the park runners being so Nolan bad
>tryhard old timey covers of modern music, which is even sillier when you consider that this movie takes place at least a few decades in the future, making that music 60+ years old
>the fucking flies being the most obvious Nolanesque "symbolism" shit ever
>not giving the show at least one episode to set up the status quo for the park before it starts falling apart

9/10 concept wise, this is a perfect use of a reboot.
6/10 execution wise, Nolan was a mistake
7/10 overall, the glaring flaws really brought it down

>he gets mad when there are memes on Cred Forums

can a kind user post a torrent?

so do the robots remembers what happened to them? it seems like cyclops remembers. also no one noticed that their dealer robot has gone missing? they don't keep track of them?

BADC75F9B7BE004065D600C80C9E6514281B2310

>he would rather shitpost than discuss the topic of the thread
i mean look at /got/ now

you can fucking google it like a normal person

nice virus

Bill was the second one they ever made.
Dolores is the oldest one in the park.

Black science man says that most of the robots got decommissioned before he started working there (about 30 years ago) so she's probably from a newer generation.

Jesus reddit relax. My POINT was who is the guy behind this, is it really Nolan, really?

no their memories get rewritten after each "event"

i think i'm having a mental break down,

making that music 60+ years old

Anthony Hopkins/Age
Image result for anthony hopkins age
78 years
December 31, 1937

they prob know and just replace him with just another dealer filler bot like how they replaced pops with the bartender. They probably filled in for another bartender as well

>i was merely pretending to meme
you knew exactly what youo were doing and you should be ashamed of yourself

Nice bait.

thanks for the (You)'s

All your bad elements are literally nitpicks whereas the good are structural elements. Please revise score to 8.5.

due to the new update the hosts are able to access old memories and configurations a little bit to influence their actions/responses/gestures

you can see teddy holding his chest where he was shot at the end of the episode

theres a clip where in the reflection of teddy's eye he can see dolores getting dragged by harris into the barn which explains why the 3rd time he meets dolores he runs to her and hugs her.

and the update caused daddy to flip out and recite hamlet to hannibal

i just noticed new pops is the old bartender

honestly i wasnt impressed with the trailer but i like the setting and concept. i will wait until the next two episodes come out and marathon all 3 with a 6pack. i have faith in hbo and will at least finish the season

whats your idea of a good show

Yes the trailer had my hopes very low. Episode 1 delivers.

What's gonna happen if this show doesn't pan out?

Has HBO bet the farm on Westworld? Or do they have any other flagship shows in the works?

do you think we'll see these rich Guests in their normal life at some point? coz thats what this is about right? rich people living out depraved fanatasies?

damn nice catch

dolores is a fucking babe.
doctor nasif seems alright, should have hired the mr robot writers though, they recited "diagnostics" 40 times
the title sequence sucks, going to skip it later episodes
i liked dolores hurting the fly at the end, but why is she the main character? like wtf is this hot bitch gonna do?
that worker kissing the prostitute robot was cringy af

>6pack
>in 3 hours

sounds like hostel. geez now that i think about it this is just a big hostel rip off. hope eli is getting residuals

i like pretty much everything hbo does
i meant the pilot, i dont know why i typed trailer

main character of dollhouse was female. Wait, were the dollhouse grills bots too?

I can't believe people are complaining that the fly symbolism is too obvious. Really, it's pretty subtle. They never say anything explicitly, and only show it 3 times (which amounts to about 15 seconds total) prior to the episode ending scene. They don't hit you over the head with it or spell out what it means via clunky dialogue. It's exactly how symbolism should be if it's going to be relevant to the plot.

I mean, how would the "obviousness" of the fly symbolism be fixed? Only show the fly two times before the final scene? One time? Should they give JUST ENOUGH hints for intellectually superior viewers like yourself to understand what it means, and leave everyone else in the dark? I think what they call obvious might better be described as clarity, which isn't a bad thing here.

They did mention that there hasnt been a critical failure in 30 years. I hope it isn't that though because its just too similar to Jurassic World.

its pretty obvious, you have to be retarded not to notice which means its probably pretty important to the plot. which we only are 1 episode in so who knows.

> hat worker kissing the prostitute robot was cringy af

Would've been better if she had gone to the nigger storage on Level B66 and gotten her brains fucked out by superior BBC

medieval westworld
feudal japan westworld
zombies westworld
intergalactic aliens coexisting with hoomans westworld
ancient egypt westworld
ancient rome westworld

Let me try and communicate with it.
>Tfw gay af cuck no gf

>implying mr robot has better writers than hbo
kys please. stop postingat the very least

>he can't configure a VPN

At least they didn't have a "new employee" character that asked questions about "how the park worked".

no u tbqh lad

maybe he's on an iphone/ipad

you'd be surprised at the number of networks that ban unauthorized VPNs.

>just like older versions of the theme park?
Yeah the globe and stuff were a reference to the movie from the 70s

>mobiles

the only show worth watching atm

he did say he has no way to download. Only option is to stream on mobiles. Open your horizon user

they said there's a radiohead song in episode 2

yep. 8.5 for me too. pretty great all around but it could really go anywhere from here. I'm really hoping there's gonna be some decent sci-fi about to happen but if they fuck it up and go for some sort of black and white "humans ebil, robots good" shit i'll be pissed.

>strain
>atlanta

Chili and Sea Bass, I believe

You guys are making really stupid posts and asking stupid questions

I was excited to see a \W/ thread but then I read through it and it's just dumb faggotry

this is the only show that ive wanted to discuss with Cred Forums ever

too many spoils for GOT
TwD too straight forward
MrRBT gay as fuck
Hannibal already over

if all my questions get answered and i cant theorize stuff anymore i guess there will be no reason to post

Harris is a host gone rogue and dolores is the lady with the white shoes

Can we get a webm of cutie bandit killing some hosts?

fucking stop. What's this VR bullshit? it's like a theme park. Why is people so fucking dense, then we have shit over exposition on every single movie and tv series because you fucktards can't follow simple plot or just watch and shut the fuck up.

I liked paint it black but it dragged on for way too long, should've segued into something more diegetic about halfway through

>white blood
You may be thinking of a different movie there

> GOT

Brings out the redditors and every thread becomes /soc/ trash

> TwD

Too many normies
> Mr Robot

10 posts in and it becomes a homo thread. That one autist that spams the Rami Malek/Christian Slater photos shows up every time too.
> Hannibal

See TwD

Westworld is the one show I'm actually excited to discuss here senpaitachi

and parts, you can keep the core of the androids and rebuild them, it's not hard to imagine as they get shot, dismembered and god knows what else.

>Quarry

they said they had moved the bank heist up a week. so im not sure exactly. and it seems like everyday a lot of the events keep happening but key events happen rarely. atleast thats how i see it because it seems to be trying to show us everything that harris is up to and the two days he sees dolores seem to be one day after the other

normies liked hannibal? really ? i cant see that

Is this the birth of an epic new cancerous general thread?

Show was really good tho

Apple triggers me

Good is ok, the bad is just a list of shit you don't understand, don't like because you are a fun persona to be around or stupid nit picking.
Hope you get better when the next episode airs.

wouldn't hannibal have triggered the deluge of water into the elevator when he went down to have a drink w/ buffalo bill?

don't tell me he has a secret elevator that would be dumb

why not give the hosts close in the office?

i have a 6pack i just need to get rid of all the fat that is hiding them

>white blood

im sure its not a reference and more of the robots having some kind of knowledge about what they are made of strange white goo. and there are two times where we see blood mixing with the milk

>Jonathon Nolan, written by
>JJ Abrams, produced by

Is it an ugly, turgid work? JJ adds this awful sheen to everything Bad Robot produces and Nolan is a stiff, writer. All his works feel lifeless and less than human, maybe that's why he works so well with Christopher Nolan.

are you retarded?
there is literally water leaking when they walk down the stairs

Milk has been a symbol for life for ages. It's dove as a symbol for peace-tier.

Is it going to be one of those humans are the real villains and robots have feelings and deserve to be treated equally kind of deelies?

is this tvkino

whats kino

the humans are actually pretty based in this, especially hopkins
it's just the newcomers that are kinda shit

That hector bandit guy was so cool, I wish I had his clothes.

>Cred Forums tier lore fags having long discussions about storylines of the hosts that are irrelevant to the actual plot

i can see it already

Literally the only telekino airing right now.

Show would make more sense if the park could only have one Guest at a time (or a one group of Guests who know each other). Having people who dont know each other can get them killed by other Guests who think theyre robits

i was expecting the worst, because of abrams being involved, but it's actually pretty good so far

1. Are they repeating the same day over and over again?

2. Ed Harris is a human looking to get into the deep web or something? For 30 years? How do the people running things not see him getting up to mischief?

The amount of money they're paying for the experience would price out retards like yourself.

it wouldnt be worth the upkeep for one guest and i think its more attractive with the idea of more players wandering around in the mix

I don't think the guests can die though.

watch the first episode and maybe youll find out?

>are they repeating the same day
they're repeating the same story line each day with the story changing every time a newcomer decides to interact with the story

>ed harris
we don't know his endgame yet, most likely he wants access to the basement so he can play the hidden game

>I don't think the guests can die though.
theyre human arent they?

you're a gay twink?

How many times have you posted in this thread? Go outside.

10/10

I'm fucking blown away. The music was cool too. Did anyone else catch "Black Hole Sun" in the saloon on the auto-piano?

only you

This can't be a new /lost/ could it?

shit was gay, yo

>why is she the main character? like wtf is this hot bitch gonna do?
she will be the gunslinger

>money makes you smart

haha

A few reviewers have already compared it to Lost, though I think they meant it as a criticism.

hoping to get the song playing near the beginning and again at 1:03:00

>he says while Ed Harris goes on a killing spree evertime he visits

I have a theory that pits Harris as working for some 3rd party that either wants him to fail or somebody in upper management that wants the park to go under.

Both because of the prospect of opening a new park in a different setting.

Or maybe Hopkins is sitting on this amazing tech and holding all the patents and talent for the sake of having a fun profitable park.

I hope it's not this. Too close to Nedry.

Harris is a troubleshooter/QA. He comes in on rotation like the other employees and tests the hosts and storylines.

Calling it now that everyone in the control building are androids except Anthony Hopkins.

I want a different _____world every season please.
That horror themed one with the cannibal cult sounded cool.

>Calling it now that everyone in the control building are androids except Anthony Hopkins.
thats literally the plot of the movie. why would they do the same thing?

Medievalworld, Romanworld, Futureworld

Luke hemsworth looked pretty handsome.

I hope he gets some more roles and doesn't have to live in his younger brother's shadows anymore. I think Jonathan Nolan could sympathise and he cast him.

Some of that was shown to happen, though, or at least was hinted at.

There's a conversation you can overhear on the train where someone talks about going "full evil", which is likely something like what you're describing: a psychopath run. So it seems such a thing would be allowed, but given how big Westworld is, they probably have a place they can isolate you to where you can slaughter indiscriminately, without pissing a ton of folks off.

We can also see that mass slaughter is actually pretty normal in the context of Westworld, where their planned end of the week event is pretty much a complete purge of a ton of the townsfolk.

And that one dumb asshole and his wife ruin the end-of-the-week event by blowing the outlaw's neck off right before he does his monologue and flees for the guests to chase as the finale.

So yeah, guests can ruin the events for others, and the park seems designed to take that in stride. It probably helps that the guests don't know what's supposed to happen, so if 1 crazy guest shows up with a tomahawk and starts scalping every townsperson in sight, not only won't the guests know that it isn't planned, but the narrative of the park seems flexible enough to adapt to such events.

the strange goo is just synthetic skin. It probably was taken from Ghost in the Shell. If you watch the movie you can see in the opening titles how they build the main character body in a Megatech assembly line.

Incident 30 years ago is the movie. Reboot/sequel.

>Futureworld
What is the future from the futures perspective?

Retrofuture

it isn't tripfag friendo. Harris has been going or at least doing shit in the park for almost 30 years. He says that himself. Makes no sense it has taken him 30 years to investigate something. But I believe he went on as a regular guest and started doing his own weird shit after a while. I believe he actually knows that everything is changing.

Anthony Hopkins has a God complex. He also talked about it with his tech negro. Humanity has gone and achieved a lot of shit to expand life and pretty much beat the whole evolutionary process (survival of the fitest), that's as good as Humanity gets. He is actually creating new life. That's why he keeps pushing updates when they are actually not longer necessary.

I guess the military/upper management have greater plans for real AI.

> Haaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa mai ebaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

as you can see the whole "let's do it Ghost in the Shell style" wasn't the original plan.
I guess somebody thought "we could do better" and they started looking around for shit that actually was done better than pulling ruber pieces from shiny metal skeletons.

it's johnothan nolan doing this
Person of interest was light on sex as well

Tits everywhere though

Great change. I hope we see more of the proccess next episodes.

>three factions: the robots, management, and corporate, with any guests in the park getting dicked around by the conflicts between them
>corporate's goals are to create true artificial intelligence no matter the risk
>they let ford's irresponsible coding slide and/or encourage him for this reason, since they know giving him free reign will lead to crazy tech developments
>management is just trying to keep things under control
>ed harris is a representative of corporate who experiments on, analyzes and adjusts the cyborgs on their road to artificial intelligence
>his association with Dolores is not coincidental, and he adjusted her code (rather than raping her) in the barn
>the scalp isn't a map, but a powerful computer component containing memories, and he's going to attach it to another cyborg to see what happens

Futureworld is the sequel to Westworld.

Yeah I thought so too. I wasn't complaining, made sense and looked like the original movie but after the delay and the new posters and teaser we got I thought it was better and after watching the first episode I'm glad, it looks creepier and also makes the Hosts less mechanical, harder to actually differentiate of a real human.

I like that idea, don't know if Harris is actually with someone, but I do believe he is on his own quest, maybe of life. Like Ford but he is actually on the field stirring shit up.

What was with the lesbian kiss?

I think she wants to know how real they feel.

how do the guns work? the clearly propel physical bullets with enough force to punch holes in robots - including completely destroying ones face - but they cant effect human tissue?

It's set-up. Eventually a lesbian park guest is going to kiss her, and it's going to trigger her subconscious memories of being kissed in the facility, which will cause some kind of breakdown (like the fly for the sheriff or the "anachronistic" photo for Abernathy).

Wasting milk like that really triggers me
Old westerns would never do that

the hosts probably blow up from the inside and the projectile is just a trigger

its just dyed water man

>ed hopkins

jews

>the hosts

people slowly getting redpilled

>flies

niggers

makes sense i guess

6, maybe 6.5/10

Felt like they gave a SyFy series an HBO budget. There was just something off with the presentation. The writing was also pretty bad at times. Enjoyed the nudity, and there's some good groundwork.

The kids putting the scorpion on the old man's head seemed to be implied as bots; part of the everyday routine of the park. So, yes. I assume there are kid bots.
The Mature trailers on YouTube imply a LOT more sex to come. HBO is always going to be HBO; they aren't going to shy away from violence or sex if they don't want to.

>The Park
Metaphor for HBO's new series, Westworld

>Head of Programming
Head of programming at HBO

>Head Writer
Writer of any show HBO killed off

10/10. Best pilot since LOST.

Has anyone on here looked at all of the crazy easter eggs on Westworld's website? There is even an A.I. you can ask questions to; some even relating to the Man in Black.

discoverwestworld.com

anything other than this?

Holding shift on the website makes everything glitch right the fuck out.
Some people on Reddit said things are hidden in the code of the webpage too which takes you to a new page meant for the admins of the park.

Pretty neat ARG.

defunct 80's shopping mall world

2/10
Reddi-tier show for GoT babies

>implying you wouldn't have hanky panky with a sexy robot when nobody is looking

> tfw Lwaxana Troi was in Westworld

>is this world a virtual reality or a physical theme park irl?

I'm guessing its a huge underground cavern (possibly created by a nuke) with a virtual reality sky, but the buildings and rocks and such as real.

it has to be at least 3.
1. incidence
2. coincidence
3. cant think of the right word for it but pattern/theme/structure

the problem is that its is too on the nose and far too predominantly featured. having the first two flies on the same spot on the cheek was the problem. they have to feel more incidental, further away from central focus, or slowly build toward central focus by the third iteration. so when the third iteration runs it causes recollection of the first two non incidences and packages it as an established concept/pattern only to be unveiled at that very moment for maximum impact.

>Ed Harris is a human looking to get into the deep web or something?

He's a robot who has somehow managed to subvert his programming without management knowing about it and he's trying to figure out what's going on in his "world".

Why else would he drain the blood out of the card dealer and scalp him?

>Why else would he drain the blood out of the card dealer and scalp him?

He's clearly a sadist.

>The amount of money they're paying for the experience would price out retards like yourself.

In the 1973 movie, it was... $1000 PER DAY!

>didn't quite live up to the [...] movie
do people actually think the movie was good or is this more of that nostalgia goggle shit

because the movie was entertaining at best and pretty sloppy at worst.

so far this lives up to the entertaining.

>

So far it blows but the twist is nice

>white dye

>>Why else would he drain the blood out of the card dealer and scalp him?
>He's clearly a sadist.

They're robots, why would a human sadist keep a synthetic scalp?

Nah, Ed Harris is a robot and has figured out all kinda stuff about his "world" and he's been trying to find the answers for the last 30 years.

this intriguing music tho

That's still pretty cheep for what you're getting.

tittatz

tittayz pt 2

wow

SHIT TITTAYZ

so then why couldn't he be shot?

also, the whole place is under surveillance...they would know if he was one of theirs...only way is if he was developed by a different org and sent in, or was made my upper management without telling the others and sent in as an experiment

another thing, if created 30years ago he would not have the recent updates that allow the bots to behave more human

The most interesting part is that they have androids switch roles like the dad being a cultist cannibal before.

That opens a lot of room for established android characters to switch personalities in a heartbeat.

Who knows what roles Dolores went through or what Marsden was before being a textbook good guy.

ain't got a cherry that ain't no sin
she still got the box that the cherry came in

> so then why couldn't he be shot?

Subverted the programing somehow.

> also, the whole place is under surveillance...they would know if he was one of theirs.

They do know he one of theirs but again, he’s subverted the programing and has managed to hide his sentience from them.

> another thing, if created 30years ago he would not have the recent updates that allow the bots to behave more human

Delores was also created 30 years ago and as the user below you says; who knows what roles that had over the years?

Something fishy is going on.

Bear in mind that the "outside world" wasn't shown even once and that the executive bitch and the scriptwriter even had that power play dialogue in some sort of mansion that is located within the westworld area.

I'm willing to bet the show will deliberately never show the outside world at all until some big twist at the end of the season.

The twist is that the Westworld we've seen is actually Futureworld's version of Westworld (which explains the anachronistic music). Futureworld and the Real Westworld are both much bigger and will be the focus of season 2.

calling it now the humans building these robots are also robots

I just hope they don't accidentally kill a horse on set and have to cancel the show because of it.

>They do know he one of theirs but again, he’s subverted the programing and has managed to hide his sentience from them.
If that was the case, wouldn't he have to behave very strictly to his script? How would he get the opportunity to do anything, without being found out?

Agreed that's a strong possibility. Most obvious would be they are all robots. Experiment inside experiment. Hopkins is like an Uncle Tom who knows the whole thing, that he is a robot, and is devoted to the cause.

Personally, I don't think the management are robots, but the show will go a philosophical route of "well aren't humans and earth just a more sophisticated version of Westworld? Who created us? We can't tell robots from humans anymore! What does it mean to be human?" Like GitS

there's the company heads. on the ground workers. the creator and a yet to be revealed movement between the heads and day players.

cant yet say whether harris is a corporate spy/infiltrator(external force or from corporate head), a return from the incident 30 years prior, or someone with personal interest. but from what is shown i think is safe to assume he is the seeker. it may be for something from the past, to dig out the truth of the internal movement of the unrevealed agenda, or just knowledge of the inner workings of the whole system. for all we know he may be a white hat playing as a black hat. we do not know yet what is his motivations outside of closed west world space.

if we go more meta about it he could be the "sheriff". some modern cop or investigator digging into west world yet to be exposed to the truth of the world hes investigating. just pulling on frayed strings. if this is running on parallel with nolans other work on person of interest. because if you look at it, it parallels the wiping of memory vs retainment of memory as an ai evolutionary structure. he maybe just exploring the other side of the coin in this.

so we know theres 6 forces at work. the new "out of control" evolution, the maintainers, hopkins creator/explorer, the head owners(the hand that guides the current operational procedures), harris' seeker/revealer, and yet to be seen usurper. we have yet to know where they align, but im assuming they will make a stop along the line of those that want freedom vs control before breaking up into individual group's survival. seems like a sure bet to me.

Calling it now turns out it's man

so this is going to be the new L O S T, rite?

i-I dont get it

BLACK HOLE SUN WONTCHA COME

A couple of things to note.

Harris' character is apparently doing something to Dolores almost daily. There's little chance it goes under the radar for the higher ups' since they have to rebuild her constantly.

He also visited the main town and the saloon so he'd be seen on camera there rather obviously, especially given his outfit which doesn't exactly blend in.

Since Westworld is something you pay to visit, it is highly unlikely he is able to interact with Dolores "daily" for years if he's merely a guest. I doubt it would be profitable for them to rebuild Dolores daily even for a wealthy client.

Very strange.
Maybe he's the owner of the whole thing and he's playing some kind of game with Hopkins.

milk

Un-ironically saying kys.

Fucking kys m8

like i said he could be head going on the inside. and all of that does specifically cause you to question "how does he do it?" seems like bread crumbs to me.

Imagine being the guy who has to clean Ed Harris' dirty old spunk out of Dolores every night

It is hilarious that its essentially Jurassic Park with wild west robots and it was made by the same guy that made Jurassic Park.

>have a theory that pits Harris as working for some 3rd party that either wants him to fail or somebody in upper management that wants the park to go under.

this Harris is clearly something fishy referencing to the convo the boss lady and that white teamlead (or what) guy had on the top of their utility.

I SEE A RED DOOR AND I WANT TO PAINT IT BLACK

Is this the end for James Marsden?

how the FUCK did Yul Brynner become a huge mega star? hes like some kind of mongolian

both robos

woah

spoiler they'll get killed

Clearly it didn't work out that way.

my dong is eject

our guy

episode's nearly over but it feels like we've only just begun

Haven't seen the film but the show seems to be commentary on directing, writing of films/shows, meta story sort of.

what, is there something weird here i'm not noticing?

HPOLY FUCK THEY GOT ANOTHONY HOPKINS TO APPEAR????

best girl

so is this just a straight rip off of fallout 4 or just "inspired"

Because either way Bethesda should be busting out the low orbital lawsuit cannons.

shiiieeeeeeeeeet

killin' time

How do they clean the blood out of the wood and carpet every night? Shouldn't all the establishments be covered in stains?

some speacial easy cleaning liquid that looks like blood or whatever

oh god please kill yourself stupid fuck

Crawl back to Cred Forums, Todd

8/10
God I hope Ed Harris Plats RDR.

fuck, she's aged so well. It's weird watching her at in my mid-teens in the film Thirteen with my gf at the time and seeing her now.

Are you joking right now
Are you asking why people who are practically immortal and have solved every world issue cannot clean wood and carpets?

Good show ruined by its Cred Forums fanbase.

that's how writers kind of work
he wrote westworld on a tight budget and very short notice

it was fairly popular
he refined the idea in Jurassic park

yes

>GROWING BOY
>GROWING BOY

>killing the hosts fucks things up
it's explicitely stated that's part of the regular way things run
the very first lines are about a guy going straight evil for fucks sake

she's credited in all 10 episodes

i was thinking the whole episode if cullen is played by the same actress who was dr. melfi in sopranos. her voice is definitely different though so i was a bit confused.

yesss, thank you.

Everyone saying "how do the guests know who's who?"

all the guests arrive together, at the same time, on a train, and they fit in one car.

That came out great

>the milk is a callback to the white blood the robots had in the movie

Except they didn't have white blood in the film. You're thinking of Alien, the 1979 film directed by British filmmaker Ridley Scott.

Now apologize for being such a retarded fuck-up.

They say there are 1,400 guests.

>you'll never stand this dangerously close to her

needs more explicit scenes of blonde robut getting blacked, then it's 10/10

1400 hosts, not guests.

Is there a torrent out yet?

>yet
hdtv was available right away

Can you plz spoonfed me the link, the baby needs his food

no, do it yourself.

You'll thank me later