What sets them apart from all the other reviewers at the end of the day?

What sets them apart from all the other reviewers at the end of the day?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3WSJm23niHk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They aren't fucking annoying or pander to anyone.

They do whatever they want.

this mostly

They put out consistently good content. They actually know about the basics of what makes a good film. They are likeable. Also dank memes.

Because they are self aware (something most youtubers are incapable of)
They do their own thing. (something most youtubers are incapable of)
Because they have natural knowledge and comedy (something most youtubers are incapable of)
Because they don't take stupid shit seriously or act like manchildren (something most youtubers are incapable of)
Because they are happy with their content regardless of what everyone else is doing (something most youtubers are incapable of)
Because they aren't fucking annoying and they make good content (something most youtubers are incapable of)

>Because they aren't fucking annoying and they make good content

Wrong

They talk like I would talk to my friends if I had any. And if we ever met they'd think I'm cool because I know movies like they do and they'd let me be a part of the show and we'd all hang out and drink beer and watch movies together and have fun and I wouldn't have to spend another night by myself on Cred Forums.

>Wrong

wrong.

they are actually funny people.
Rolfe is just a NICE person, who never thought people would laugh at him and now carries a burden.

The Nostalgia Critic is bottom of the barrel shit. The kind of person that wonders why people avoided him all his life. He often makes jokes that are SO off the mark that I can only assume he is quite dumb.

>Is Mike Stolakas replacing Rich Evans' diabetes medication

that's all you need to know about RLM

NC is just some pasty and loud faggot.

He's honestly what a redditor would look like.

Yeah.

They rarely mention the medium, their fans, feedback, comments, etc. They never beg for likes or subscriptions or shill products for sponsorship.

They also avoid clickbaity titles and thumbnail.

Who are they?

>implying

i love this and now i have to watch this one again

That's one of their best videos, you pleb.

is youtube and patreon their only source of income?

they also repair vhs

I've actually calculated their revenue this past year through their various streams and by my estimates they've made over $1,000,000 through youtube cpm, patreon, merchandise sales on their website, space cop blu-rays, digital downloads of their other films, Prevously Recorded stream donations, and Jay's Scream Factory sponsorships.

kek

Underrated.

>wrong.

Wrong.

They're only famous for pandering to fanboys who hated the prequels. They have normalfag opinions. There's nothing special about them.

Nothing, their "reviews" are mostly garbage. "It has some bad scenes, but I liked it" for every fucking movie

They also got famous on shitting on the prequels but refuse to put any hate into the shitty parts of the original trilogy or that new pile of shit.

Here come the prequel fans. Didn't you get destroyed enough yesterday?

Well the prequels are dogshit and they presented the best video and arguments explaining why they're trash.

Usually when they do have clickbaity shit it's done ironically, like the Ghostbusters trailer reaction.

They shit on Return of the Jedi in their commentary track of it and Plinkett nitpicks the crap out of a New Hope in his commentary track. But you wouldn't know that because you like making shit up like thinking up reasons why the prequels are good.

they agree with peoples' pre-existing opinions and pander to the inner sense that everything is terrible and nothing should ever be taken seriously. they also delves into the film but never further then a first year film class would, so young people will feel smart and not confused when they see the videos.
in other words: reddit

They do what they enjoy and act like normal people about it. They have a genuine chemistry and you can tell that they are friends off-screen too.

So basically they're not like 99% of other YouTubers.

>don't like rlm
>must be a prequel

that's some next level retardation

They're ironic and sarcastic and carry a sense that they know what they're talking about (even though they rarely do) so kids that visit Cred Forums like them. They're very plebeian, watch only schlock, talk only about schlock, and barely know a lick about cinema. This hasn't been shown with any more proof then in their re:View series where they for once talk about movies they like and prove once more they only like schlock and don't know what they're talking about. They're layman's consumer reviewers for those that want sarcasm and sophomoric lowbrow potty humor/slap "humor" in the mindless content they absorb. They act like teenagers and attract teenagers.

Not really, they just nitpicked them and presented them in a format that made them seem like more authoritative critics then they actually were while validating the opinions of people who hated the prequels.

>and pander to the inner sense that everything is terrible and nothing should ever be taken seriously.
No I would wager the problem I have with them is that they're TOO soft.

no, I think we still exist. or are you so deep in your computer chair you think some fat fuck on the internet moaning about how he dislikes us and disagrees with our movie opinions is somehow "destroying" us?

Rich Evan's beautiful laugh.

What a man.

yes, of course their soft, they think nothing is worth taking seriously. or at least present that opinion, in practice they spend a LOT of time and effort making a long series of videos about how the prequels sucked but definitely didn't hurt them emotionally

Nothing. They're the same lowbrow shit.

Back to Cred Forums

could you give me an example of what you think is """"""""good"""""""" humor? and don' fucking post ice cream

emma watson makes humor?

>mfw my boys at RLM are not on that collage

But alone you are and alone you will always be.

>nitpicked

Stopped reading there. The prequels have legit problems and everything they said was perfectly valid.

If you want to what actual good sarcasm is, watch Strangelove.

they dont seem to see movies as anything more than a fun hobby i guess.

don't respond to bait.

are you calling us bait or the user we're talking to bait?

It was half nitpicks, half Mike going "Not Muh Star Wars".

That would explain their shit taste

what kind of butthurt SJW feminist made this collage. You can tell because of all the youtuber goobergaters they put in there.

jesus, is that you Anita?

>babby's first satire

Which videos are these from?

that particular image you responded to.

If you're offended by that image, you have to go back.

i wish i was able to get this mad about something

that lowbrow shit?

whoa, you totally showed me why 5 hours of content is invalid with one sentence

really made me think

youtu.be/3WSJm23niHk

go to bed Colo Colo.

>there's a lot of it, so it must be correct

>getting baited so hard by smug anime posters it even reels you in cross-site

top lel

The best satire. Putting emphasis in your words like RLM does isn't sarcasm and defeats the purpose.

>Comedy is not subjective

Ok bud

It's not. It's an art and a science.

Screaming and witless insults are not comedy.

>responding to images that are solely crafted to get free and easy (You)s

guys, stop.

nice post, really fired my synapse

>You find something funny?

Quick let me post a chart some contrarian neet made in an attempt to prove me somehow right because the cartoon says its bad so it must be r-right???

yeah, and I'm sure if we gave you 109 pages you'd say we were obsessed. almost like you have no argument so you have to say that no possible length of argument is proper to be convincing

No user, retards uniroically post it

The prequels you loved as a child were horseshit. Get over it already.

>They actually know about the basics of what makes a good film
>dislikes Zack Snyder, Michael Bay, Boyhood
Pick one and only fucking one

>WAAAAH, stop liking things I don't like
> a bloo bloo bloo

Holy shit this is even more kino than I remember, this is great!

I'm sorry for talking shit about you George Lucas!

Like them if you want, just don't defend this trash.

but they are good. PM was fun. do you remember fun, mr grinch?

>say rlm is shit
>fanboys break out of the woodwork to claim you must then love the prequels or be some other shitty reviewer fan

?

Why are rlm fans the worst?

Mike.

uh... MDE is literally 100% certified fresh kino now, remove them from this collage

Things can be fun without being retarded. The fact that the prequels have so many retarded sequences is what distracts me from having any fucking fun.

I can't even enjoy the few moments that are passable because I'm too distracted by Jar Jar stepping in shit, or walking into a fart.

>They actually know about the basics of what makes a good film.
They shitted on Richard Linklater on the basis that his films aren't by-the-numbers. They did so without knowing one of the key fundamental artistic goals of cinema is to portray reality on screen not orchestrated hijinks.

One of their favorite movies is Independence Day. They're fucking buffoons. You only appreciate them for their sophomoric humor schtick and layman's speak.

That video had me in stitches. Fucking Emperor Palpatines Plastic Surgery Center or what the fuck ever that horse shit was

>One of their favorite movies is Independence Day
They've done nothing but shit on that movie every time it's brought up

>Things can be fun without being retarded
I agree. a great example of this would be the Star Wars prequels.
>The fact that the prequels have so many retarded sequences
actually, that's an opinion
>I can't even enjoy the few moments that are passable because I'm too distracted by Jar Jar stepping in shit, or walking into a fart.
but you COULD enjoy it if you WEREN'T a grinch

wut

BOTW (especially wheel) > Everything else

Of course it's an opinion, dipshit. It's my opinion, the only one that matters to me.

It just so happens that everyone who isn't a teenage contrarian tends to agree with me. Anyway, this'll be your final (You).

If we're talking stricly movie reviews, yeah, there are better reviewers in youtube. But as far as 'comedian reviewers' go, RLM pretty much top everyone.

It doesn't matter. They're still buffoons that know nothing of world cinema, capra, wilder, sturges. Their only pantheon is b-movie schlock and midnight cult pictures.

white males that need to retire

Yes they are.

>comedian reviewers
Cinema isn't a joke. And they parade as if it is for dumb teenager millennials like you with their snide buffoonery.

>Of course it's an opinion, dipshit. It's my opinion, the only one that matters to me.
you literally called it a fact, Mr Grinch

>capra, wilder, sturges
>hollywood
cringe Tbh

>Cinema isn't a joke
underage gtfo

MDE is shit. World Peace is significantly better

MDE made World Peace user...

They just are.

No, I believe one of their major sources of income are wedding and event photography/videos.

Let me ask you something, did you copied and pasted the sentence "(something most youtubers are incapable of)" or did you write it everytime?

I've been waiting 5 hours for someone to ask me this exact question and the answer is fuck you

wtf with that Jedi animation at the beginning?

>Jar Jar was fun!
>I was 4!

fuck off, manchild

That's right. I'm still here 4 hours later. And I take offense at being called a manchild, you...you... douchebag.

They're funny, genuine, and have good chemistry.

these guys are terrific

Id take you more seriously instead

>half Mike going "Not Muh Star Wars".

The precise problem with the prequels is they are "not muh star wars" for most people. Just because that's a subjective statement, and especially because it doesn't align with your opinion, doesn't mean it's dismissable. It's an objective problem that too many people hate these fucking movies.

maybe less people would hate them if the first 2 weren't some of the worst big-budget blockbusters ever made.

just some food-for-thought.

What did my friend mean by this?

she actually has really good comedic timing

>Blacking out his name
Your friend deserves to get harassed by strangers for this and you know it, why not do the right thing?

Jack isn't canon.

Is that from a video game?

Yes he is.

They must be making decent money, from the Patreon and Youtube ad revenues. Their videos usually get decent viewing numbers and they release regularly enough. Good on them desu.

How sterile and sexless TFA was, was the one interesting good point Plinkett made.
It perfectly explains why people call Rey autistic and ship Poe and Finn.

ITT: Cred Forums manchilds get mad for being called out for what they are.

Especially interesting when you read that the latest generation of 20-30s are having less sex than ever. Maybe sex doesn't sell anymore.

2 wrongs doesn't make a right.

wrong

I don't see why every movie needs to have an unnecessary romance shoved into it for no reason.

There was enough going on in TFA, it didn't need a romantic subplot.

Oh I don't mind that, I'm protecting myself. He may or may not know I did it. I'm not scared of him, but his whining powers as exponential and I don't think I could deal. Hope you understand.

There was no humanity to it, it fell souless. Kylo was the only character who seemed to show any emotion

>it didn't need a romantic subplot.
You don't need a whole subplot to have a little sex in your movie.
Not to mention TFA actually set up a romance but then does nothing it.

most pathetic post on Cred Forums today

They need to read more Wookiepedia articles, some of the shit on there is just baffling

No it didn't, it had a lot of heart.

Plus the humor was all the humanity it needed.

The sex wasn't needed at all. Nobody made this complaint until this review.

Mike is usually spot on, but I don't agree here. Nobody missed the fact there was no real romance in this movie.

>humor

references are not humor, characters talking to the audience is not humor

>most pathetic post on Cred Forums today
Every post where Cred Forumsidya circle jerks about some youtube faggot on Cred Forums

Good thing none of those are what I meant.

They also do merchandising and Previously Recorded streams, although I don't know if Previously Recorded contributes to RLM or just pays for Jack and Rich

"Hello, what have we here?"

That is more emotion than

"Uhh so you finna got dat boyfriend huh?"

>Nobody made this complaint until this review.
That's why it was an interesting point.

>Nobody missed the fact there was no real romance in this movie.
But they do - at least their brain did.
Again, that's why people felt Rey came off as autistic and Finn came off gay.
It doesn't need an actual romance, just acknowledging sex in some way. For example characters being flirty.

>one of the key fundamental artistic goals of cinema is to portray reality
No it isn't, it's to be entertaining.

It can be realer than real life but if it doesn't entertain it's worthless, and I use "entertain" in the broadest sense

I hated the TFA plinket review, but this guys a complete fuckwit

If you're talking about Boyhood, they shitted on it because they were bored and thought the dialogue and main actor were shitty, not necessarily because it wasn't by-the-numbers

They also praised Birdman, say what you want if it's good or not but that isn't a "by the numbers" movie in the same sense that something like Independence Day is

Why are you nothing to reply to that idiot, he clearly hasn't watch any RLM before otherwise he'd know they hate independence day

>One of their favorite movies is Independence Day
>that's wrong wrong retard
>It doesn't matter!

Yeah, the Poe and Finn shit is so prevalent because them hugging and realizing they're both alive near the end is probably the most emotion affection show in the entire film.

"Wir müssen die Juden ausrotten."
- Mike "Kike Terminator" Stoklasa

They seem legitimate. There's no pretension. I have no reason to suspect that Jay or Mike, or Rich or AIDSMoby have any reason to be dishonest when they review a movie/game/whatever. I think they're being honest and I appreciate their honest take on things. I absolutely cannot know if a reviewer working for a paper is honest. I know for a fact video game reviews are dishonest, and I have to assume the same is true of professional movie reviews. Press junkets are a thing.

Plus, they're amusing, and I always like a witty review.

it's a bait image

They've not done as many lower key movies the last year or two. Far too focused on pure mainstream movies.

I like Rich the most cos of his funny face

Yes.

I wish Rich would receive more screentime

i like it when they do the jokes

A

FUCKING

WHITE

MALE

Extreme lack of LIKE AND SUSSSCRAAAAAAAB

They're basically midwesterners. This is what living in Chicago is like on a daily basis.

Are you... me?

WE NEED MORE BIG BLACK COCKS IN MY STAR WARSSSSSS

Mike "Rey needs to take the BBC" Stoklasa

They trigger Cred Forums like none other

They used to make good videos, before they got too famous

>3 likes on normie book
>already 4 replies on bestchan

do we like to hate things more than normies like to enjoy things?

is this old information?

is that why we all come here, to shit on stuff?

The Force Awakens review was a disjointed, disappointing mess that wasn't funny or insightful as their other reviews. They should have spent the time nitpicking The Force Awakens, like they used to do. Instead, they spent about an hour arguing with idiots on the Internet, and the arguments they made were half-baked and long-winded, and the whole thing wound up going nowhere.

I wish Plinkett had stayed retired.

The other reviewers don't shill so much their videos in Cred Forums.

They actually understand what makes a good movie. They understand plot, characterisation, direction etc. They might not be 100% all the time, there are times I disagree with them, but generally speaking they get things spot on and usually offer some useful insights.

Oh yeah, and they also, perhaps more importantly, understand exactly where the vast majority of films go wrong these days and why Hollywood is by and large a spectacular shit producing machine.

Bay is trash

Can someone explain to me on a technical level why this is bad?

fuck space cop was worse than avgn movie

this is from a live action movie, not a clone wars episode

Other reviewers are successful.

Not really.

Interracial kissing

-Self-Awareness
-Experience and interest beyond just doing online reviews
-Sets
-Equipment
-Production values
-Their own studio space
-More than just rudimentary knowledge of the form
-Old enough to know what they're talking about, numerous enough to function beyond two man dickery in front of a green screen
-Honesty to themselves and the audience. They're doing this for themselves and those that are like minded, not hunting for popularity and corporate sponsorship
-Passion
-Talent

They get mentioned in Anthony Cumia's podcast!

Cumia of course imitates Plinkett's poirfectly.

They pander to edgefest contrarians
>50 mins in
>Still hasn't mentioned TFA
Self-awareness doesn't validate their shitty arguments
>natural knowledge
being an amateur filmmaker doesn't give you natural knowledge
>aren't fucking annoying
I disagree