Star Trek

If they ever made a new star trek show set post nemesis what would you want to be about? What do you think the alpha quadrant would look like?

Personally I'd live to see a cardassian in starfleet

Other urls found in this thread:

startrekff.com/gallery
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Trek:_Federation
youtube.com/watch?v=CiEjGtM6rnE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'd like to see a sitcom set at a luxury resort on Risa.

I want to see the cancelled animated series in live format. startrekff.com/gallery

Starfleet having to deal with the mess Janeway left. Espionage action and power struggles for control of the Voyager ship.

Either that or a tv show about time police officers who have to go to different time periods and fix things that people who break the temporal prime directive break.

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

I'd like there to be a sort of uneasy peace with the Borg. They're back to almost unstoppably powerful like in the TNG days, but they're open to diplomacy instead of being space zombies.

Trek is pretty much dead as a series now sadly

the last movie proved it

stop Stop STOP STOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOP[STPOISTPO POSTING THIS I WILL NOT WILL NOT WILL NOT TOLERATE THIS TO BE POSTED AGAIN IF YOU POST IT ONE ONE ONE ONNNNEEEEEE MORE FUUCKKKING TIME I WILL TAKE A RAZPOR BLADE AND SLIDDDEEEEEEEE IT UP MY FFUUCKCKKKKKING ARRMMMM

I'm still cautiously optimistic about discovery. I just hope they don't borrow too many ideas from JJ.

How about a futuristic one where Star Fleet dominates the entire universe but are dealing with the heat death of all of existence? Its kinda cheap though since shit like Q exists and can wipe it all away but maybe the conflict can be they are powerless to stop it.

>"You're a droid, and I'm a 'noid!"

What did she mean by this?

They both strive to be considered human.

The last number in your post is the amount of lights you see. The first to get it right is released under the Armistice Treaty and is given a full pardon by the Federation Council.

n(egr)oid

Id want them to hamfist as much SJW shit into it as possible
Grrl power captain
Tranny chief of security
Obese head engineering
No white men in prominent roles
Klingon Lives Matter

There are FOUR LIGHTS

So you want a show about space Amsterdam?

Not sure what I would want it to be about, but I would like to see some other species explored, like the Gorn or something.

>What do you think the alpha quadrant would look like?

Romulus and Klingon Empire are basically completely fucked after Dominion War and Romulus exploding, so the Federation would pretty much dominate I would suspect.

One thing I do want of a new series is actual fucking worldbuilding. Star Trek, for all it's races, the Federation etc, has very little worldbuilding. For example, you never, ever see day to day Federation life in a Star Trek show, you don't even really see what Federation cities look like.

The Klingon empire, is it a empire made up of many races? What about all the people Klingons conquer? Whats life like for non-Warrior Klingons?

etc etc.

Star Trek needs more World Building.

TNG really had some of the shittiest humor.

The only time I think I even smirked at anything was when Q put them in the Robin Hood story and Worf yelled "I AM NOT A MERRY MAN!"

They just have to make TNNG

The only thing that stays the same between TOS and TNG is the Enterprises mission and the Romulans. Literally everything else is changed.

There's no need to reboot it. Everything but the silly utopianism can change in just a couple generations.

>obese chief engineer

They already did that. Besides that you would have to imagine that they would have a solution for obesity that far into the future.

we have the solution now

fat acceptance

Ugh, I really wish the TNG crew got a better sendoff than Nemesis.

I'd probably make the movie set some time after it but with Data as captain of whatever the new Enterprise is, with a new actor and flashbacks how he recovered from his B-4 state and changed how he looks.

I would also allude to some event that killed off/disappeared most of the old TNG crew.

That's literally Star Trek

It's the most progressive franchise on television

Did you mistake the franchise for The Great Hitler Nig-Off or something?

Fuck, even Star Trek threads can't exist without this Cred Forums shit

Federation vs. Romulan and Cardassian

progressive != hamfisted

Just ignore him. It's always the same fucking guy and he's in every thread.

You can recognize him by his "Enterprise is the best Trek" posts.

There's more than one of us.

Get this hothead out of here

Trek is not SJW. Trek is positivist and SJW are postmodernists.

We had a black captain. We had a lady captain. What could they POSSIBLY do next?

Look, he did it again! He blamed Cred Forums for the problems of Cred Forums's own resident racist/sexist shitposters! Too bad he's never actually visited Cred Forums to know the shitposting problem is far worse on this board than it is over there...

Is that why they had a species of hunched, big-nosed space Jews scheming to get everyone's space-gold?

Symbiote in the body of a Muslim hermaphrodite.

Anything left of absolute insanity right wing paranoid bullshit is SJW to them.

Gay black female captain.

if this
>They're back to almost unstoppably powerful like in the TNG days,
why this
>but they're open to diplomacy

>Starfleet
>"SJW"
>constantly mocking alien races' appearance and stereotyped behavior
>often to their face
>"ah yes your little customs are just lovely"
>big ingratiating smiles and nods
>"well I guess we'll solve all your problems for you, since you're all so primitive"
>white man's burden in space

>Look, he did it again! He blamed Cred Forums for the problems of Cred Forums's own resident racist/sexist shitposters! Too bad he's never actually visited Cred Forums to know the shitposting problem is far worse on this board than it is over there
It's not just here

You go to Cred Forums and see a thread about Wonder Woman being queer and you think "Oh boy, lots of Wonder Woman kissing women pics in here, I bet" and instead it's 200 posts of 14-year-olds complaining about moral indecency like we're in fucking Saudi Arabia

Go back to Cred Forums

To be fair, a lot of those species dominant cultures are pretty awful. I feel bad for Worf, because he learned about his people mostly through legends and only really got to meet a lot of them as an adult. That's like being raised English in some ass-backwards colony run by foreigners, like Quebec, and thinking that English Nobility were like knights in Arthurian tales, and then meeting them and finding out it's more like Game of Thrones but with less magic and more castration and sexual torture.

>Either that or a tv show about time police officers who have to go to different time periods and fix things that people who break the temporal prime directive break.
Well there was a Voyager episode on this.

whatever it is there shouldn't be any time travel. time travel is stupid and always poorly done

Time travel episodes are always annoying. They're ALWAYS about evading the suspicious time-locals and authorities, there's never a chance to get comfy.

Basically.

Being open to diplomacy does not serve the ambitions of the borg at all and there's no logical reason for that to ever change.

A TNG set in the new timeline

Captain, I recommend a full spread of photon torpedoes and random phaser burst at every target.

>starfleet academy
>young hot cast
>returning cast for cameos or professor roles
not sure how long it takes to graduate
but if they can stretch it, last episode is them getting assigned theirs ships
or last season can be like the episode "Lower Decks" from TNG, where they follow the ensigns on their first year
they can jump around between characters and certain away missions will cause their paths to cross

I get the distinct feeling that a show like that would be extremely boring.

really? i mean, granted, most of it would be set in one place, like DS9
but they could go on "field trips" around the system, like the characters talk about sometimes

hogwarts is one school and a lot of shit happens there, although most of it is because of harry

>reading capeshit
>being surprised by the audience
You can get your lesbian fix from non-manchild comics too.

>you never see day to day Federation life

People toil away in farmlands and other menial jobs living in fear of having their worlds given away in a "treaty" with some alien race the Federation doesn't have the will to fight. It's a state of constant economic collapse, just like any other communist society.

Cred Forums is absolutely the worst board

haha fag

Star trek discovery has ruined all of star trek for me. I just dont like it anymore. Used to be a huge fan, but I dont want to be associated with it now that star trek discovery is a thing. JJtrek was bad enough now this? No thank you.

I agree. A show that doesn't even exist yet has permanently ruined a franchise that I've loved all my life because I'm a reasonable human being.

Blue captain.

star trek needs a time skip grimdark treatment

no more utopian egalitarian federation, the collapse of a perfect civilization that wasn't thought possible

Say no more senpai
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Trek:_Federation

just watch andromeda

>grimdark treatment

Just make a series set in the Mirror Universe.

DS9 fucked around with it too much. No Terran Empire = who cares.

the sad thing is that trek threads on here are starting to get more streamlined with mandatory "tell me about your sexual organs" and something with that picture of the lights.... it's almost like there's some kind of script to follow...?

nah, i'm just a crazed delusional autist imagining things in a fit of psychological displacement where i lash out against the repetitive monotony of my actual life and start applying that to the media i consume.

(yeah, obviously i'd loive to see a series set after TNG/DS9/VOY but you know, the movies proved that re-doing TOS = currently profitable = that's what we're gonna get. personally i'd just ignore the whole "bye bye romulus" thing from the beginning of jj's first movie and like.... you know, do a star trek series with a wide open universe (literally and figuratively)

but then again, the jj movies bring in box office do$h so you gotta stick with that's profitable nowadays ergo we're going to stay confined within a certain part of the canonical timeline so that way you're literally boxed into a safe profitable place with a proven track record, as opposed to, say, star trek nemesis =D

(and yeah, i'd love to see a show where the federation/someone seeks out the borg and takes it to them. or hell if you gotta go back in time how about an origin story for the borg? how did they start from ??? and go (towards?) to the collective consciousness and all that? since you're going back in time you don't even have to worry about the stupid queen and all the voyager retcons/nerfings.

Idk not really into it, it's one of those shows that is superimposed onto a scifi setting without actually being sci fi. Which is cool sometimes, but not in this case for me at least.

>How about a futuristic one where Star Fleet dominates the entire universe but are dealing with the heat death of all of existence?
The heat death of the universe comes millions of years after all the stars have burned out, by its very definition life cannot exist at that point.

Furthermore, if Starfleet controls the entire universe then there's no threats for them to face other than natural ones, which would make for boring TV.

>The only time I think I even smirked at anything was when Q put them in the Robin Hood story and Worf yelled "I AM NOT A MERRY MAN!"

>There was a young lady from Venus
>Whose body was shaped like a
>CAPTAIN TO SECURITY, COME IN

Glad to see I'm not the only one who hated it. I mean, I can appreciate what they were trying to do, but after a certain point it just became comically shitty, to the point they were following Mirror Leeta and Ezri around because everyone else was fucking dead.

If you didn't think this was funny, you're hopeless:
youtube.com/watch?v=CiEjGtM6rnE

Romulans. I don't care how, I don't care why. Just give me Romulans.

Romanian isn't funny.

It was a reference to the obscure 20th-century advertising slogan "Avoid the Noid", meaning she wanted Data to go away and stop talking to her.
Unfortunately Data was autistic and also not well-versed in Old Earth pizza lore and didn't get the message.

>Federation loses its utopian ideals, starts going full military
>The new ship is a state of the art battleship
>The new series is about the federation falling apart

Dukat did nothing wrong

>Post-Dominion War
>Every Alpha Quadrant species is reeling from the massive casualties and invasions
>Nearly a billion Federation casualties alone
>Due to their late entry to the war and shrewd tactics, The Romulans are the biggest threat to the Federation
>Every retired servicemen of a reasonable age has been recalled to duty
>Every Starfleet ship which has been decomissioned but not yet scrapped is being hastily retro-fitted for active duty
>Even some old Constitution classes have been hastily armed with scores of external photon torpedo launchers and sent to patrol The Neutral Zone

I like'd the first 1 or 2 mirror eps but I think focusing on the rebels and not having the alliance in power put them into a corner really fast.

So Quantum Leap but less about navigating the Jim Crowe era south without getting murdered and more about making sure the JJ timeline never existed. I'm on board.

>Captain, I immediately recommend the most violent course of action possible, unless other Klingons are around, in which case I will suggest the most patient and wise course of action possible to differentiate me from them.

>It's a "Garak does some shit that landed him in jail for 6 months then gets let out and everybody pretends it never happened" episode

Empiracist and logical positivist here, I get called an SJW all the time by alt-righter morons because I am willing to entertain the possibility (especially when observations and studies indicate that it's quite likely) that social conditioning might be a factor in social inequality.

Someone with an asian or mixed race ethnicity?

>it's a "Neelix and Paris become gay parents" episode
>it's a "Janeway and Chakotay have sex in the woods for several months" episode
>it's a "Harry gets treated like a kid" episode

fug off

Agreed, there is basically no way to make time travel work.

A tad dramatic don't you think? Or maybe just weak bait?

The Romulans were so interesting and devious in TNG. Many of the best episodes were centered on them and the Federation's tensions with them.

fuck yeah I loved Romulan eps in TNG

I would like some spy / political action.

Klingons got some kind of leader change, some of them pushing for another glorious war.
Romulan Empire is in ruins and a power vacuum is in the alpha quadrant.
Cardassians are trying to rebuild and find a new way.
Federation has their own problems with factions want to break loose, because they dont feel guarded by the starfleet anymore. (if i remember correctly, Betazed was raided in ds9).
Where and what are the Breen?

The best episodes of ds9 were, in my opinion, they spy episodes. So i kinda want it builded on that.

More Romulan stuff in general is what Trek needs. There's a whole of stuff 'started' throughout the Treks that is never really expanded on. Instead everything now seems to hash back to prequels set before ToS. Fuck ToS, im sick of it and im sick Kirk. Expand your fucking universe damnit! What happened after VoY? I wana know!

>What happened after VoY?
I would love a new trek series but I doubt it would ever take off. Would you want a ToS/TNG style plot, 5 years mission and all that? or something different like DS9 or VOY with an overarching story?