/swg/- Screenwriting General

Screenwriting Thread

Pitch an idea, ask a question, all that good shit. You know the drill.

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/open?id=0B6uwaxNQt5HRUDNsd19MeERMams
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nice try, Shlomo Goldsten

Oy vey you're a big goyim user

Here's a piece of advice I got that sounded retarded at the time but really helped me out.

If your self confidence is so low that you can't stand to write anything because you know you'll just hate it, pretend you don't.

Literally just pretend to be a retard who's happy with whatever shit they're writing, and write like that person would.

I got an entire first draft out that way. Worst shit I've ever written in my life, but it got on paper.

I know it's egotistical, but do you guys ever consider budget when writing? For example, I'll write a scene and imagine it in my head, then I'll realize it'd be a nightmare to film and cost way too much, so I have to change the scene but it doesn't feel as good as the original so I end up scrapping the whole thing. I know you're not supposed to think about filming before the script is even done, but I keep doing it.

Unless you're being commissioned to write something don't worry about budget, especially if it's hindering your writing. If someone likes your script enough to consider buying it they're not worried about the budget at that stage, so you shouldn't be either.

Spec scripts or anything like that almost never gets produced anyway.
If you're writing a script to get work, write whatever you want to and then you will get hired for that.

If you started a screenplay, fucking finish it. Kill everyone in the story but end it.

I got ideas man. Sure I got ideas. And I got hopes and dreams and wants and needs. If you just look a little closer, I think you'll find that I'm a lot like you

I got to talking with a guy who gave me a script through Facebook, and I'm fucking stoked to work on it a little, maybe actually shoot it.

First, though, I'm adapting my friend's monologue to a screenplay format and shooting later on. Here's what I have so far, the whole thing is like 10 minutes and I'm still working on it. This is sorta the first "act" of it so to speak.

I have no clue how to properly adapt a monologue where he's talking to the audience so hit me with whatever advice you can that isn't "quit writing you fucking faggot"

drive.google.com/open?id=0B6uwaxNQt5HRUDNsd19MeERMams

This is true.

I got an idea for a sequel to "Stripes". So it's 35 years later and now Bill Murray is the wackiest "General" in the Army. Writes itself.

It would be more relevant if you wrote a sequel to Racing Stripes and brought Frankie Muniz out of retirement

how do you get anywhere when your films are very mood and visual heavy? sort of like wong kar wai. i guess i have to be a filmmaker as well but how do i even do that? do i start with shorts and try to get noticed?

relevance is highly overrated

nice try jew! you will never get my sweet succulent meat stories, cunt.
kill yourself.

Shit, I'm actually tempted to start writing something this way.

i rite scriplay abuot lolney ma n onh is owne in werld but he as gun now

But is he a complicated guy who can't keep a girlfriend because he's just too brilliant?

no eh ca'nt evn geta grilfreid atall an hes stoopid

>researching how much a screenplay can sell for
>learn that only twelve (12) screenplays are sold each year by previously unsold authors

I'm in a group of actors/writers, but mostly actors so I'm writing the most. Because of how low level everything is I'm constantly worrying about what's actually possible for us to do, and kind of stifling myself. I probably shouldn't, but often times it's hard to stop thinking of the reality of the situation.

On note what's the most realistic looking bb/prop hand gun that isn't an insane amount if anyone knows?

buy toy gun, spray paint black.. done. Ideally you want a gun that can actually action

That means you have to make it GOOD.

Are there any good Final Draft torrents out there that don't glitch out and break within a day?