Westworld

I'm only 15 minutes into episode 1 and this is already some of the best television I've ever seen. so fucking whacked out.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NTHDtHw5z9w
youtube.com/watch?v=iZ9iflvCwok
youtube.com/watch?v=t_a6DLBXPYM
imfdb.org/wiki/Winchester_Model_1873
123movies.to/film/westworld-season-1-16796/watching.html
youtube.com/watch?v=SfkqGyx-rEw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeh.

yeh.

>Its another exposition episode

it's written by a nolan, 80% of their movies are exposition

>It's a reddit post

Nothing wrong with exposition
>Ed Harris to Dolores, after slapping her "Is that any way to treat an old friend? I've been coming here for thirty years but you still don't remember me, do you?"

>Theresa to Bernard "You'll forgive them for being a little uptight. Every time your team rolls out an update, there's a possibility of a critical failure.
>Bernard "We don't update the hosts in cold storage and the park hasn't had a critical failure in over thirty years."

Really made me think

Holee shiat

west world was the shittiest of the three parks though

Haven't seen this yet. Advertisements made it look like the Matrix but with cowboys. How accurate is that?

>15 minutes into episode 1 and this is already some of the best television I've ever seen

Jesus Christ there's no extent to the amount of praise this show is getting on here.
I don't think it'll live up to my hype now...

i thought the opening 15 was the worst part of a decent pilot.

nothing to do with matrix

Are the roman and medievel world going to be intorduced?

What are the other worlds?
Im way out of the loop on this shit.

I marathoned the first ten minutes.
What do I think, Cred Forums?

>By my most mechanical and dirty hand, I shall have such revenges on you. The things I will do, what they are, yet I know not. But they will be the terrors of the Earth.

best part of the episode desu

i dont think so. It seems like this and the movie possibly take place in the same universe, just 30 years later. possible they closed down the other parks to just focus on westworld.

That scene was great. The programmer and other staff staring in rapt horror with Anthony Hopkins only mildly curious while this bot gets more and more glitched/insane right in front of them. Even when it rushes to grab Anthony he barely reacts while everyone is yelling to shut it down.

>Feels in charge

Romeworld and Medievalworld

is Ed Harris a 'real person' or an android?

he's a guest

Too expensive

>yfw Paint it Black

>Romeworld

God damn I would pay to drink honeyed wine and watch gladiator battles. Based.

yea, but isn't the character that he adapted from the 70s movie an android?

>No children robots

Also i have to ponder what are the laws if you fuck a robot horse pussy?

If you pay enough they'll make that horse ass taste like cinnamon

I wonder why

I don't get it.
Is Westworld a computer simulation or a real town with robots?

No laws against that

I know stuff. Screenshot this post

>the old guy in the black is a corporate spy
>he is hired to obtain intel on the actual project that is being worked on there
>artificial intelligence

The reason they decommissioned her father was because he was "flawed". She will, however, develop pure AI that doesn't want to wipe humanity from Earth. He will kidnap her and attempt to smuggle her out of the playground. Both will fall in love.

Cannot say more right now, but don't worry, will dump at a later point again.

tbf, the first 15 minute were the highlight. It's still very good though.

More like jurassic park with cowboy replicants.

oh fuck off. all that shit is painfully obvious. oh wow, its really an ai, and there will be an escape attempt? no one couldve ever guessed that.

could they make a robot replica of her
because i'd buy one

woops forgot pic

Did Walton Goggins kill it?

There's only one episode

Go watch a western like deadwood then

but the host canĀ“t kill the guest, and Harris survived to the gunshots

Yeah it was good, most promising new show this year.

Old as fuck Anthony Hopkins still has that insane presence, everyone else just shrinks around him.

Also I had forgotten that Evan Rachel Wood was so hot.

are there two episodes?

I thought the whole time they were inside a simulation like in Total Recall, goddamn im retarded. I didn't knew they were physically inside.

Guys what if the lab crew is in their own westworld type situation and they're robots made only to maintain the westworld robots so the real overlords dont have to

Even with heavy exposition it was pretty fucking good episode.

I like this idea but don't think it would play well on serialized television. That's the kind of twist you can end a movie on, just because you don't have to go into detail on what happens next, but not a tv show.

i work at a plant that makes dos :D :D :D :D :D

It's like Jurassic Park meets Blade Runner meets Grand Theft Auto meets Ex Machina. No matrix at all.

Ed harris and rachel woods character "fall in love?" Wtf that doesnt sound right

>made out with the robot
>people walking around
>all the walls are transparent glass
>im supposed to believe this was a secret kiss

Anyone else think Ed Harris is a hacker? Maybe an anarchist who wants to fuck up the park?

I think it's one of the more reasonable theories. That said, I think it would be kind of un-Michael Crichtony to have the park's failure be due to some antagonistic guy rather than hubris and fuckups.

Yeah good point.

>a real town with robots
das it

Damn user, now I want Goggins and possibly Samuel L Jackson to have a role in this show

>guests can do anything to the robots
>they shoot a couple in self defense
>they have sex at a brothel

Where's all the depraved shit they keep yapping about ?

WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW THE CUH-CUH-CUH-CUH-CUH-CUH

i work at a vfx studio that works on game of thrones

your life sucks

Across the river. One of the characters, or maybe even a few of them, mention this.

Not calling you out, user; but every thread made about Westworld so far has had everyone asking, "What's the answer to this? Why haven't they explained it yet?!"

It's only the first episode. They have 5 seasons mapped out already and an endgame. Of course they won't reveal all cards in their hand in the FIRST EPISODE. It's so refreshing having a show with an air of mystery surrounding it. We've lost that in the last few years of media; an honest to God intriguing mystery (as long as it doesn't fuck it all up like Lost did).

I hope they take things slowly and carefully. Give us more questions and take your time answering them. I'm hooked and, from the looks of it, so are a lot of other people.

Do you think she was molested by a dude or a chick? Always the question with Hollywood teenage lesbians.

Seriously though, I hope this guy at least get's a guest Emmy nod. That was a genuinely riveting performance.

>save up for a couple years for a week at Westworld
>some dickweed griefer arrives at the same time as you looking to cause a ruckus
>every time you're talking to a qt robot he blows her brains out and fucks her corpse infront of you
>no story lines get to play out because he keeps fucking with everything
>years worth or savings gone just to stay in a shitty fucking western style hotel by yourself as some prick rapes and murders the whole town and ruins all the rich dialogue and worldbuilding

REEEEEEEEEEE

>every time you're talking to a qt robot he blows her brains out and fucks her corpse infront of you

There's probably separate days for roleplayers.

>when John Marston appears

It's a meta show right, about directing, writing shows and characters? That's how it appears to me.

She sold her tiny little pussy for nothing, man..

I had this impression as well. Not with the entire team, but a good majority of them.

>that Michael Wincott cameo
that was great

This scene was amazing. I've never been hyped for a show this hard tbqh

MECHANICAL AND DIRTY HAND

So this android reached the light and realized he is in a TV show and gained CHIM.

Antohony Hopkins AKA Ford has yet to realize he is in a TV show

>YOU DONT KNOW WHERE YOU ARE, DO YOU

That was so random...or was it? Every time I see a character under that much age makeup I just know they're gonna show up later de-aged.

how is Antony Hopkins still so based?

This was fucking biblical

Absolute kino. The meta storyline about nature of tv shows/films/writing/directing are all fantastic and the visual storytelling (blood spillt on the piano page, bloody narrative) are done tastefully.

so the gunslinger is searching for the creator

GUYS GUYS WHAT IB THE ANDROIDS ARE CONTROLLING THE THEME PARK AND NOT THE HUUMANS

SCREENSHOT DIS

more shakespearean

>Every time I see a character under that much age makeup I just know they're gonna show up later de-aged.
I didn't even recognize him at first under all that makeup, voice sounded so familiar though.

I don't know why they would pick him for such a small role either. Maybe he was supposed to have a bigger part but had to scale it down, or he is indeed coming back later (I hope so).

He never fell for the method acting meme.

WE WUZ KANG LEAR N SHEEIT

Inb4 Hopkins was a replicant all along.

yeah... the first 15 minutes was pretty good. it gets worse tho, don't worry. they'll manage to fuck this up with enough forced computer h4xx0rz memes im pretty certain of...

Ed Harris is an android. He was the first critical failure. Calling it

Best girl coming through.

what % of the episode is prostitutes
i don't want to watch a show about whore's problems

So do you think B-83 is located somewhere in this mesa, and the ground floor is at the top?

And what do you think happened to that mall to make it look like that? Is it a remnant of the old world? Possibly the old Westworld?

what a badass sassy independent woman who don't need no man

It's not about prostitutes period

>he's been coming here for 30 years
>the incident was 30 years old

I doubt this was a coincidence

yeah, hope they don't fuck it up !

Wow, you faggots get triggered by just about anything.

She can't help it, she's programmed that way

oh shit, missed that

So every time we see Delores wake up and step onto the front porch, two weeks have gone by?

better quality

>the incident

tfw getting Lost vibes. It's been too long, hope this show has as rich a mythology as Lost

what incident ?

Now with sound.

OOOOOOH BOY

IS THIS YET ANOTHER *SEE YOU IN 25 YEARS* LIKE TWIN PEAKS

OH MY GOD HOW DEEP CAN IT GO

>le I like the ugly tough woman instead of the hot ones, Just so I can show them how special snowflake I am ;)

they said the last incident was 30 years ago, which also puts it in line with the old westworld. I bet the basement they went to is the old westworld too, which begs the question why the hell it is buried under 80 stories

oh ok, thanks

those sound way more interesting.

Spin off series when?

So it's a Jurassic World-style reboot. It's a remake, but the original still exists in the lore.

>It's a remake
I wouldn't call it that.

just thought she is an interesting character, and we will see her in every episodes, also the shooting had an aimbot feeling

>go to a fantasy world where there are no consequences
>rape and murder endlessly

Are human beings really like this?

What about Future World?

Only men.

Ep 2 trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=NTHDtHw5z9w

youtube.com/watch?v=iZ9iflvCwok

This. Why would he be surprised by the tags inside the skulls if he was aware they were bots?

>Why would he be surprised by the tags inside the skulls
He wasn't though? He just needed it for some reason (who knows why). I can't recall him looking SURPRISED to be exact.

So the black hooker is a human?

If Harris was the first failure, how has he been roaming around for 30 years without anyone noticing?

Is that james marsden? Glad he's finally doing something serious

The real question is that if the movie is canon, is Future world canon too?

>GoT with pistols
>serious

>its not a niche independent movie so its automatically GoT with something

No? Can you not listen or see?

WOW this legit looks pretty fucking gud

HBO scifi tvkino at last.

I'll look it up in a minute but my impression was that he killed that guy to look at the inside of his head.

Yes, to confirm maybe, to guide him maybe, but did he look SURPRISED? I don't think he so.

wew a 1:30 preview

spoilers much?

I think he's an android who has already figured it all out like what we're seeing with Dolores' character.

As I said that was my first impression. His reaction face is shown for one second at most and while it looks more disillusioned than surprised to me now that may have to do with my expectations the second time around.

pic related

and then he looked up and into the distance before the cut to him on the horse

I've seen Harris in many films in my lifetime and that is not the face he makes to act surprised.

Looks like confirmation if anything.

>name a killer cowgirl Armistice

hue

Ep 3 trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=t_a6DLBXPYM

Whoa they made a show of Westworld? How did they get Yul Brynner back tt play in it again!?!?!?

NO, you son of a bitch, bitches are equally crazy. They'll just get someone else to do the madness for them. it's like when the wife says I need to stand up for myself which usually involves picking a fight when I shouldn't. She'll nag about it, and nag about it until me and a bud go down that road and I stand up for myself. Then she'll tell me I need to stop pissing all over other people's feelings, Yeah.

I'm not that familiar with Harris so I'll take your word for it. I guess we'll find out in future episodes.

I think he purposefully made an expression that is vague and hard to read. The point is to let us know that it intrigues him, and to further hook us into episode 2 with little mysteries. To me, he looks confused. Like he didn't know what he would find.

You've never watched the Abyss or the Man's man movie made for men, Glengarry Glen Ross? How's about History of Violence? No?

Ed Harris wasn't in a history of violence.

He was the scarred mobster who arrives to harass Viggo Mortensen and his family after Viggo became a local celebrity hero for shooting the robbers.

>I'm not that familiar with Harris

You haven't seen The Rock?

Nope, have those last two queued up to watch soon though.

a long time ago

Is this real or CGI? I think it's CGI but I'm not sure.

Not a fan of western setting, i'll pass.

I hope they deep clean these things

Watched Abyss when it was first released and GlenGarry. Masterful films that we'll never see again in our lifetimes.

What the Christ. A 10-shot lever action? Is such a thing even real?

SHUT UP NIGGER

It sure is, Satan.

>Feed system: 15 round tube magazine

imfdb.org/wiki/Winchester_Model_1873

Watched it on cid along with a lot of other movies last night... it was pretty damn enjoyable.

I'll check out The Abyss too, sounds good.

Jesus christ I want reddit to leave. it was 7/10 at best

harris isn't a robot or john smith would have been able to shoot him

>niggers go down

hes a robot
the failure was what made him immune to damage like visitors

>the intern who has to wash the cum out of dozens of robots everyday

that sure would be terrible hack writing but with Abrams and Nolan on board who knows how low we can go

He was the most memorable part of the movie

He's another sentient robot. At the beginning he takes the girl into the barn because he knows she is sentient too and is trying to question her about their reality

The hosts are unable to hurt anything classed as a living being so therefore Ed Harris isn't classed as a living being, at least to the current OS of host.
Maybe he is a leftover from whatever happened 30 years ago. Maybe he is the last of his species of host.

I would hope it's an automated process

Abrams is just providing shekels, not directing or writing

It's pretty mediocre.

He's human, rewatch the whole scene.

still, nolan

Lmao hardly. It's some graphic novel tier nonsense. 2.5/5 at best and mostly because of the budget.

>falling for the most elementary misdirection

He is an AI specifically designed with the mind of a visitor, along with the immunities of one.

If he was human, John Marston would never have been able to shoot him

He and his purpose might be related to the greater purpose they mentioned the corporation is using the park to uncover.

lol deadwood is the biggest disappointment

s1 was great, s2 meh and s3 aids

Except that would just be bad writing.

>the sky is blue
>lol jk it's actually green

Robots can shoot at people, they just don't feel anything. It's dependent on the bullet in the tv show, rather than the robot/gun in the movie.

Bravo, Nolan Jr.

Or he could just be and old guy who like to rape and murder, but is a little bored and want to leave an scar in everyone before he dies.

what if you were a slave or the gladiator

>paying to be a slave

Actually...

Where can I watch it on the internet outside the U.S. ?

italy

I mean in a country that isn't 99% arab

Where do you live? It can't be worse than Barbados, and I torrented it easily.

Dont forget the orgies m8

maybe he hacked the system , he's an android but manages to appear like a guest

So far this is extremely great but I can't help but go full Frodo on this.

Like how can this be a family experience when the full on rape and mass murder can happen at any moment? How are there two thousand NPCs and 1400 guests in this small town?

Any general theories so far?

>paying $1000 dollars a day to be atia's stable boy
Where the fuck do I sign up?

I live in St Pierre & Miquelon

123movies.to/film/westworld-season-1-16796/watching.html

Remember Ed Harris is a good guy, he didn't rape Dolores but is somehow hacking her

>1k

Its 40k a day.

It was only 1000 in the movie.

funny they continued the place which went wrong in the first place. Though, they can control, disarm the guns morelikely than the swords in the other worlds.

>Future world
what?

I thought it was dependent on the robot/gun being physically unable to fire at a human rather than on the bullet being unable to harm humans.
If it's dependent on the bullet then what happens if the robot has a knife rather than a gun?
I haven't seen the movie before so I guess I'll catch up on that.

>40k a day
What if I let them turn me into an android after a year? Do you think they'd let me live out my final days shoveling android horse shit and fucking mummy atia?

After seeing what they did in the latest episode of GoT this action scene is really underwhelming. They need to step it up

admirable, thank you.

In the movie the guns have heat sensors that prevent them from being fired at humans

In the show from the scene at the house right at the start, it seems the guns fire, but the bullets disolve before hitting the person / on impact and cause no harm.

Why doesnt he die when hes shot and keeps walking around unharmed?

Also at the end at 57 mins of episode one, the cleanup crew in hazmat are clearly robots as well 'does anything about this photo look strange? no nothing at all, didnt look like anything to me" as theyre staring at the photo that made her dad crazy

>You know about games, don't you, kissy? Well, this is a complicated one.
>I don't play. I only deal.
>Who said anything about you playing? You're livestock, scenery. I play.
>The others, they just come here to get their rocks off, shoot a couple indians.
>But there's a deeper level to this game. You're gonna show me how to get there.
> A lot of wisdom in ancient cultures. And perhaps it's... Time to dig deeper into yours.

He's human. Nolan Jr. will make the humans the real monsters, bla bla bla, in the end strong independent Dolores goes to Times Square and drink tea with Alicia Vikander.

So do these rich people give up their lives for this simulation or is there someway out of the simulation/company?

Like why not just restore them to original and release them instead of putting them in storage?

Are you fucking retarded?

they don't die from gunshots, they just go to sleep mode.

he's breaking his programming

>Westworld movie 1973
>$1,000.00 in 1973 had the same buying power as $5,565.29 in 2016

Yeah, still puzzled

>tfw no Dollhouse season 3
>tfw no Epitaph Three

you just know they did not break them apart (as they should have you stupid fuckers) just so they can bring them back again.

>Why doesnt he die when hes shot and keeps walking around unharmed?
Glitch.
>Also at the end at 57 mins of episode one, the cleanup crew in hazmat are clearly robots as well 'does anything about this photo look strange? no nothing at all, didnt look like anything to me" as theyre staring at the photo that made her dad crazy
That was a voice-over from the interrogation of Dolores, you dumb fuck.

Why is methodacting bad? It's concept makes sense to me but I've never really thought about it.

These violent delights have violent ends
And in their triumph die, like fire and powder,
Which, as they kiss, consume. The sweetest honey
Is loathsome in his own deliciousness
And in the taste confounds the appetite.
Therefore love moderately. Long love doth so.
Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow.

Because in the end your mom will freak out

>Also at the end at 57 mins of episode one, the cleanup crew in hazmat are clearly robots as well 'does anything about this photo look strange? no nothing at all, didnt look like anything to me" as theyre staring at the photo that made her dad crazy

Based user bringing us tasty snacks
You work at a literal dump. Eat shit faggot

Its the first episode bro. The pilot was excellent. It lived up to the intial hype and im eager to see where it goes. Supposedly they have all the seasons planned out already.

Its just gonna get annoying seeing the 12 million opinion pieces and the constant praise articles on every fucking website like they have for Game of Thrones. Thats kinda what killed Game of Thrones.

Uh. Shakespeare sounds pretty damn good. Who knew.

but got vfx are shit user

Everyone did.

the income disparity has also increased, so the rich are richer than they were back in 1973, which would explain why they can pay 7 times what you'd expect with normal inflation.

a very large majority of the western world if not the entire world recognizes the literary genius of shakespeare.

>I would hope it's an automated process

Nah it's a perfect way to show an intern it's place.

So how does the park "reset"? How big of a gap is between the end of one day and the start of a next? That's a lot of robots to fix/move back to their original place.

>(as long as it doesn't fuck it all up like Lost did).
Well they said they mapped it out until the end so either
>they are lying (hey just like with LOST ah!)
>is a bad end anyway
>they change the ending based on viewers ideas, expectations, wouldn't be the first time.

My favourite scene in the pilot was when the guest shot the bank robbers at the climax, and all the hosts are horrified and appalled at all the death and destruction that they have witnessed.

Appropriate reactions, you would immediately think, for a robot programmed to react with "normal" human emotions at such scenes of violence and horror.

Yet the real humans, the objects that the robots are meant to emulate, don't react that way at all. They are delighted with how realistic the carnage is, and their first instinct is to "grab the camera" so they can show off their own putrid violence to their friends.

I hope they continue to develop this theme, holding a mirror up to the documentary society we live in, where people are so caught up in how to properly record their experiences to share with others that they stop reacting the way we would traditionally expect people to.

>here's your toothbrush
>this is preposterous, you expect me to clean these things out with a toothbrush?!
>don't be ridiculous, that's for you to brush your teeth after you finish cleaning them with your mouth.

This
That scene where the black engineer starts commenting on the security woman's brow facial expression and she just slinks away. Also when she almost interacts with Anthony Hopkins then suddenly backs away. Weird workplace vibe if she isn't a robot..

They better do right by Teddy and not make him a boring stereotypical love interest character. Im cool with Dolores being the main character since when we think of AI we think female, so it makes sense that she would be the first android.

I just want James Marsden to get a good role again.

I presume there is 3-4 hours over night, during which, undamaged hosts take themselves back to their starting points, moderately damaged hosts are repaired with modular components and severely damaged or malfunctioning hosts are cycled into cold storage/repair and new hosts are taken out of storage to assume the character.

>all the higher ups and creator dies
>dolores escapes and traps them all inside westworld
>she makes it to new york city
>her batteries die right as she gets to the spot in the photo

like pottery

Didnt even really think of that. Good point user. That would be an excellent theme to build on.

>Why doesnt he die when hes shot and keeps walking around unharmed?

BREAKING THE CONDITIONING

"Look at him, twitch!"

>We will never have robot GFs

I guarantee the main woman we kept
seeing in the control center is a robot. They made it pretty obvious something was up with her.

If i interpreted the dialouge correctly, guests pay for 2 weeks and then the park resets so the operators adjust to the storylines as they change in those two weeks

IIRC, according to Hopkins, method acting defeats the purpose of acting.

>not making Romeworld

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this shit was awesome but it would have been 10x better

imagine roman centurion guy sitting on that stool in his battle armor being questioned

deadwood > rome

gtfo

you blew my mind user

you gtfo

You're supposed to take your kids to nature shit all day like feeding random horses which is apparently a thing young urban achievers are into because horses went extinct?
>don't have kids

this is the just the first episode you google

Strap in for some shilling and rubes folks. Only way to make this reheated pile of dog shit make some money for a once great channel.

Notice what the piano was playing?
-Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
-Paint it black by the Rolling Stones
Didn't notice the first couple of times it played. Significant?

>GoT faggots readying offering their shit suggestions like MUH ACTION

i hate that i have to share a general thread with you scum

Probably. Not sure yet. I'm sure in retrospect the songs hint at things.

hmm really makes you think

how do people from the real world go into westworld? they show that they have the robots in the real world but how do they all shrink onto the board game thingy?

It's no different than when someone gets stoked over video game bs. It's more to do with consumerism and desensitization.

Looking forward to season 2 of Mr Westoworldbot when they have to destroy the database.

Oh shut up. Stop praising shows for bullshit reasons. Let's not have this become another meme show where people only care about badass moments and who gets killed.

It is a decent first episode, it isn't the best television has to offer so far.

No way you recognized those songs that have been played daily on the radio since they were created? This show is a genius show for geniuses I see now why everyone's calling it the second coming! Black Hole Sun, whodathunk?!?

john, i really really like this meme

> they show that they have the robots in the real world

When?

i wanna watch the pilot again. is this the sign of a new kino lads?

>literary genius of shakespeare
surely you meant francis bacon

Season 1 (on 5 planned) cliffhanger will be the true nature of that "real world".

The only thing that bugs is that obvious J.J. "mystery box" with the Westworld parent company's long term plans.

I guarantee you even the shows writers themselves have any idea what that is.

Do you think if the show goes well, once GoT is done they focus it all on this?

make me

Westworld is a real, physical place. It's not simulated nor is it on a board.

There's a serious lack of diversity in this show. All the main characters are white while just two are black. Apparently Asian people who number in the billions, Indian people who number in the billions, Latinos who number in the billions are not to be found among any of the main characters. Apparently all white people and 2 black people are an accurate representation of the field of science and those with money. I suppose we can just forget how wealthy the Chinese are and assume that even with their wealth they would have no stake in Westworld as a company.

Yeah sounds logical. HBO isn't racist though because they just debuted an all BLACK show about apparently "black" culture so Indians, Asians and Hispanics are covered. Good job HBO.

>rapes her everyday for 30 years
He was a billionaire who got addicted like people with SecondLife and he refused to come out. He's almost out of money so they agreed to let him play through reset cycles too and fuck with the robots nonstop. that's what he's into

It's not decent at all but our culture is dying and full of people who are too stupid to realize it so they routinely praise vapid nonsense as if it has substance while everything crumbles around them at an ever increasing pace.

No but really. Even the opening credit had a clear cut storytelling and narrative.

It's really good imho

that scene where they interview dolores dad. and also they make the robots by dunking them in milk or something and then 3d printing them. there's also rows upon rows of robots decommissioned at the end where they take the father to.

You see it in the promo of episode 2.

It seems they grab their outfit, gun etc, and then go through a door and then on to a train ?

Probably creating a new species.

youtube.com/watch?v=SfkqGyx-rEw

what was lacking in the first ep?

Why is no one talking about how absolutely awful the acting of that stupid Danish woman was, or the terrible script with the cringeworthy "fuck" introduced every other sentence?

>He's never seen Ed Harris' greatest masterpiece

your tryhard analysis falls flat because the guests know its all fake
>da audience is da real monsterz becus they watch a tv show with actors that glorifies violence and rape!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! computahs r da real humans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you not hear him say, "i dont think were supposed to, cross the river, thats will be too adult for him"

It can infered that there are family areas of the park.

Pretty good way to guarantee some replies and stay on that front page. People who lack Westworld and bitching about racism will do your job for you!

I thought it was trying too hard with his dialogue and subsequently mediocre performance.

wait i think i got it. that scene where they're in the balcony, THAT's westworld? wtf man i just realised they were all in the same place all along. I thought the westworld was a simulation.

Please be baiting you can't be this fucking stupid

I thought he did a fantastic job showcasing the rage of someone realizing their entire existence is fake.

kek, never even heard of that, I'll check it out user

Nigga do you know where you are? Most of this board is comic garbage and memes. The best shows from the last few years are barely ever even discussed, if at all.

>I thought the westworld was a simulation.
too obvious

Because Cred Forums is populated by a bunch of barely cognizant morons who praise anything that's shoveled in their face and HBO has realized this.

fucking hell no. i legit thought westworld was a virtual world or something

Me too, it took me a bit to grapple that it was like an actual amusement park. I think I like that idea better than a simulation.

well what was the board then, some kind of visual representation of the outside world?

Why would a simulation need actual robots?

I need need need you tyo tell me im from reddit please i need to hear it i dont hear it enough okay?!?!?!? please/?!?!??!?!

Super high tech surveillance system

I did not meant to imply that, I am rather impressed by this episode, I thought it was very well done, I wonder actually how much they spent as I never ever thought of "excusing" some element, because is on TV.

I just thought that HBO will surely, like every network and hollywood exec look at the "next GoT"...although I hope is a Dune series.

i assume that to be the case yea. its for them to monitor everything like in hunger games

Hunger Games has the same holomap.
So Hunger Games was a simulation all along?

hello r*ddit

>some kind of visual representation of the outside world?
it's called a map

that was what i was asking about earlier and then an user enlightened me with the fact that westworld was real

go back to Cred Forums

Pretty good way to deflect all the reasonable points. Are you suggesting Indians and Asians are majorly absent in the fields of science and medicine? Even you aren't that dense, yet who is represented a single black scientist and everyone else is white.

Every major character is white after that. HBO basically put in extras who were something else and clapped their hands about how they are being diverse and called it a day so they could have a 90% mainly white character setup. It's an appeasement to racism.

I hope this doesn't become the new GoT for normies

I thought it was forced and overdrawn, too much fake emotion with the intent of being a wow factor. Came off as fake.

that's not the real world you idiot, it's part of the command centre at Westworld, most likely has something to do with that giant complex you saw on the Mesa

the intriguing part of the story to me is that there's probably something not right with the real world outside of Westworld

That's exactly what HBO is trying to achieve though.

>it will last 5 seasons!
>the ending is already written (like G.R.R told D&D how Got ends)
>it's not just about a park! twists are coming

The hype is a bit over the top.

The show is alright so far but by no means is it the greatest thing since sliced bread.

It's not as good as Mr. Robot or Stranger Things.

Oh please it was so fucking cheesy. All this praise yet so much of td s2's dialogue was shat on for the same reasons.

sort of like how a robot would act?

1st episode of this show was already better than every episode of The Sopranos.

Has any of their major shows had a diversity push? I can't think of any outside of True blood and that was still a majorly white cast. HBO is only boldren to themselves unlike other networks because they don't need advertising.

>the real world outside of Westworld
It's a big alien space station trying to create the ultimate weapon.
Or Purgatory.

tbf mr robot season 2 sucked pretty hard and stranger things s2 will prob as well

Buy something nice with the 0.02 cents deposited in your account, I'm out.

Calm down and take your meds you dickhead.

still better than Luke HACKge

>the guy (ford) is going to chase his demons right over the deep end

what did he mean by this?

Shut the fuck up, your opinion is shit

If I take my meds I might not have the mental acuity to understand such a brilliant show. Did you know in the shootout scene that was a cover of the Rolling Stones song Paint It Black? Best pilot ever made!!!

Is this supposed to be a miniseries?

>Has any of their major shows had a diversity push?
Besides the new black show about black stereotypes and ghetto black women, no. Also, I would hardly call that a diversity push, they are portraying black women as ghettolicious fab edumicated black GURLZZ with rewurld problems YoO.

Yes because you know how a robot would react. It was cheesy and overdrawn amd very cringey.

No

No.
Already 5 seasons bought.

Shut the fuck up, your opinion is shit

The hosts are literally indistinguishable from "real" humans in any meaningful way. There's a difference to being desensitised to violence seen on movies and television and taking part in totally immersive and realistic acts of depravity.

The point is that in a totally immersive and realistic fantasy world where you can do anything you want, the guests act and react in completely "unrealistic" ways from the perspective of the hosts.

I would argue that this is one of the strongest themes the show has to offer, namely, the dehumanised behaviour of the newcomers from the perspective of the guests. The hosts don't KNOW that they aren't real, and it is only because of newcomers acting in "unrealistic" ways or bringing in elements of the real world that the park is experiencing problems.

Or in other words, the main fault with Westworld isn't the robots, its the guests.

it's HBOs last ditch effort to save their network in the soon coming post-GoT world

>being this much of a pleb

I mean, the irony is they showed a functioning black family when 70% of black children live in single parent families

Watch the film if you havent

wow........... 5 seasons, i dunno m8... sounds like this shits gonna be allot of filler

It's still being WAY over hyped though.

Based on this first episode I don't think I'll be compelled to shill this at the water cooler like some other shows.

I'll still watch it of course but that's it.

g n o s t i c

It's about robots, they can destroy Westworld and kill the human characters when they are bored.

>5 centuries later...

>mfw every gun shot is a miniature fountain of blood in proper Peckinpah fashion

But it was great, he was still in the wild-west character, using its wildwestern vocab while delivering this. It wasnt trying hard, it was worldbuilding.

Most of the hype is coming from people who watched the whole season or at least the first few episodes already though. Give it a season user, its on its way to being great but the overhyping wont go away because of the internet.

Who watched the whole season already? What?

>black deputy
>Japanese guests
>black madam
>black scientist
>Armenian hookerbot
>interracial couple with a halfbreed kid at the river
>Indian running the gaming table
>Mexican bandit

I pray to god you're trolling and not a genuinely retarded SJW or a nigger with a chip on your shoulder.

God damn it this show is going to make Evan Rachel Wood my new obsession.

On the other hand, the guests like Ed Harris had allowed the hosts to understand their state and to realise that they experience living hell as sentient beings. So even though his deeds are cruel, they are morally meaningless because they are did on robots BUT AND emancipate them.

hype isn't necessarily a good thing. i liked mr robot s1, and that shit got overhyped, s2 made me puke at the whole thing.

if the rest of the series holds the same standard as this ep im good.

Says the pleb who was ZOMG WOWED by a basic "emotional" performance that was at its core overdrawn and cheesy.

I guess that excuses HBOs decision to have 95% of the main cast be white and two black people with no other PoC, makes sense. Especially because Asians and Indians rarely venture into the fields of science and medicine.

I wonder what HBOs next push for diversity will be? Maybe a Columbian family that plays bachata all day wearing sombreros and their kooky mexican friends eating tacos and breaking piƱatas. They already have the black stereotype show covered.

For Indians maybe a bollywood centric and themed followup of a bollywood actor and actress who wear turbans and jewels on their heads 24/7 as they eat curry and do those hand gestures and head bobs while watching Aladdin.

No. It's literally a theme park. Some people want to fuck shit up, others want to go on strolls with the wife and kids. The guy capping hector in the neck and feeling elated is no different than him getting excited over besting a carnival game. The guests know what they're getting into. They know its just one big shiny game. And again, no. The main problem with west world is the hosts starting to act up.

Finally a Judge Holden on the screen.

reviewers were given the first 4 episodes at least.

There is a huge middle ground with being overly wowed and having a shit opinion like yours. It was an interesting and compelling performance, get over it

Ill take your opinion seriously when you use more than buzzwords.

You're the definition of a pleb.

it seems so

It's almost like we live in a white country, where probably 80%+ of the population above the age of 40 are white

Go back to Cred Forums with your SJW bitching you whining faggot

>main characters, 2 black people everyone else is white
>how does HBO work around that 90% main character being white setup?
>lets just have munorities as extras so we can hire white people to be the main characters of the show

It's just 2 black people making the main the cast.

you go to Secret Sun too bro?

Why aren't there more non-blacks on BET?

But seriously, get bent. I've yet to see one actual justification as to why 'diversity' is necessary.

think they will reference historic events in this show? genocide and imperialism etc?

This. One of my fav movies of all time.

I agree, huge lack of celestial dirt-worshipping cocksuckers.

>boldren

It's 'beholden'. If'n yo's gwine to use de white debbil's words, best you learn what dey be fust.

historical simulations?

>gunfight at the OK corral
>the Alamo
>Custer's last stand

would be cool

Isn't Ed Harris supposed to be the gunslinger?

Again, your entire Reddit-tier analysis is debunked because the guests know the hosts aren't human beings.

damn, you're right, he comes pretty close

It's almost like the show takes place in the future and like how in the real world you see Indians and Asians in the fields of science and medicine despite 80% of the country being inbred hicks who never amounted to anything. You really think HBO appeals to the majority of the country with their ultra liberal gay and lesbo shows and movies?

You're right, there is no deeper thematic significance to anything. It's just like you said, a theme park with broken robots.
Glad I don't have to interpret anything myself!

this is true, and it's telling about the world of Westworld. when is this shit taking place anyways? not the simulated wild west, the irl shit.

Reading all these posts, just wow. I've never been so sure I'm the smartest person on Cred Forums as I have right now.

imagine that. the smartest person on Cred Forums.

>just wow
nice cognitive dissonance right there, stop projecting your stupidity

There's interpretation and then there's reaching.

From the perspective of the hosts, who think they are humans, the newcomers are horrifying, strange people who do what they want without consequences. The hosts are the most important characters in the show, we are obviously meant to be empathising with them. Just because we know WHY the guests act the way they do, it doesn't stop it being any more horrifying for the hosts. Why do you think so many people were triggered by the rape and violence? They are empathising with the hosts, like the show intended.

But if you like, the show is just a show about robots malfunctioning in a theme park. That's OK too.

Who gives a fuck about what the robots feel, they're robots.

Uh, blacks are only about 12% of the US population, dropping to close to 10% of free population if you discount the number of them in jail.

Why are people like you always more concerned with how many blacks there are in a TV show than the 30,000+ white women raped and sexually assaulted by black men every year?

If blacks want acceptance in mainstream society and media, maybe they should act like decent human beings and not violent, feral, rape apes?

wew lad

I care. I find it one of the most compelling themes in the show. If the robots just straight up knew what they were and what was happening, the show would be very flat and boring. The hosts figuring out what and where they are is going to be one of the central themes of the show. Dolores' father is a major example of this in the first episode.

Liberal SJW cuck Clinton supporter detected. Robot's don't feel emotions, it's all code you retard.

underrated post

>have to tick 'I'm not a robot in captcha'
>show actually made me think twice before clicking it

>Robot's don't feel emotions, it's all code you retard.

>park operators literally disable emotions on Dolores when they turn her back on near the end of pilot

If a sufficiently advanced AI is indistinguishable from a real person, including 'simulated' emotions, then it doesn't matter if it's "real" according to your definition.

I think you are missing a lot that this show is trying to say.

Way to miss the point. I was getting at that black people aren't a good representation of diversity. Let alone only 2 black people as part of the main characters.

they raped delores man

what if the AI managed to reconstruct its own hardware so that it is operating on a quantum mechanical level with the ability produce the same state of awareness as biochemical organism so that the experience of the technological life form would be indistinguishable

>ywn wake up to this next to you

I think by end of the pilot she has already surpassed the three laws. I thought that was point of showing her slapping the bug on her neck, and the fact she obviously lied to the interrogator.

Tv shows are a good representation of how the world should be. No niggers. The rest of the races are ok but no niggers.

Yes, exactly. The reverie update lets hosts access "memories" of previous days, instead of the total reset they used to receive, and this seems to be allowing them to escape the bounds of their normal behaviour.

So maybe we'll see hosts playing along with scripts to keep their cover, or spontaneous, novel behaviour. I suspect we'll see lots of "deja vu" moments for Dolores in the next episode as she starts to figure out exactly what's going on.

plot twist, now a human has to fool the robots to believe he/she is a robot to infiltrate the robot world

thoughts on what the "real depraved shit" is?

And once again, why is diversity important or necessary?

If race is just a social construct and we're all biologically the same, why is there a need to have a certain percentage of our entertainment media be black, or yellow, or brown instead of normal?

It's people like you, forcing change instead of fostering it, that make people want to vote for Trump.

What I think is kind of funny as in a way, this show is making fun of deadwood when that random lunker just finished off the main bad guy and stepped all over his speech.

A lot of little touches felt to me like they were shitting on genre writing and pretty speech in general.

I hope we never get to point of actually doing something like westworld though, a terrible kind of ennui playground they seem to have built and fact that our greatest creation is going to come from a baudy, shitty den of iniquity seems worst kind of crime.

loli bots

If she gets that AI she'll have access to her "memories" and know he raped her.

but if they had even 1 asian or indian scientist then they would be disproportionately represented too. This is a white country, the audience is overwhelmingly white, we want to see white actors and actresses because people connect and relate to their own race far easier than some robotic east asian

It is a futuristic utopia, user, we got rid of most minorities long ago :^)

Im pretty sure Ford has been doing this intetionally with his updates. That scene where they are talking about mistakes in coding seems to hint at this.

inevitable

you can make your own dead baby tree like in blood meridian

Let's face it, he makes a pretty damn good point about keeping it fake.
I like mass murder in videogame, because is fake, because they are not self-aware.

he's the told ya so character

expect a bigger role for him in season two provided he doesn't get killed by his boss who's actually an android

This show is a direct analogy to HBO and their original works.

Romanworld = Rome
Medievalworld = Game of Thrones
Westworld = Deadwood

The people who run Delos are HBO's writers, producers and CEO. We are the guests.

I would fill you in on the rest, but I'm certain most of you get what I'm saying here.

Does Clint get a debut in the show? I think he would do a better job then Ed Harris would.

Same as ours. Emotions are chemically generated transmissions in the brain. Patterns of thought that influence behavior and change a response to a given situation. A robot is no more aware of the possibility of its nature being manufactured than we are. We refuse to entertain the idea, just as a robot would (unless it was programmed to. No, I am not suggesting we are secret robots).

If you want to talk code, that's exactly what DNA is. Life is a series of self-propagating biological machines, evolving constantly through generations of mutation, culling, and merging. Pretty much like what they appear to be encouraging in Westworld.

The show has cool ideas. I like it.

>I would fill you in on the rest, but I'm certain most of you get what I'm saying here.

what did he mean by this?

Foster it then. Westworld would obviously be in New York or California, the rest of the country is too poor/filled with retards/infested with hicks to ever be able to have it.

Not at all. One Indian, One Asian, One latino would be accurate.

>implying human feelings doesn't emerge from the heart and soul like God intended

No it wouldn't, they would all be wildly overrepresented

Is cunny legal in Westworld?

I like him. I think the bit when the guy shoots his big bad a wrecks his speech was excellent. Reminds me of DnD when some psycho in the party opens up with a fireball in the middle of the bad guy's introduction. The designer was so disappointed, just like when a GM has his meticulously crafted character killed off in its narrative infancy. I want him to get to see the speech now.

A place like Westworld couldn't exist in the bible belt or any conservative redneck hick state. Also people who have money don't live in other places. The rest of the country is poor as fuck and retarded. They are lucky places like Ny and California exist to help pay welfare for all the poor white people.

user, Clint is 86 years old, he was born in the 30s, he could die any day....plus he is busy being a director.

Speaking of old, why is (Anthony Hopkin's character) Ford acting like he does not give a fuck, he says that they reached the peak, but if he is so jaded why not fund space travel? It feels like someone slowly tinkering with its creation, uncaring whether things go awry?
And speaking of that, the atmosphere of control looks pretty nice, although whoever is in charge of the script better tread it carefully because is one of those things that the audience will endlessly point out if a flaw inconsistent with the show occurs.

Except we cannot understand how to make the spark, the impetus for the change otherwise I believe you would be completely correct.

are we really doing this?

He's trying to make something new develop spontaneously by fucking with the established laws. He probably knows his limits, both personally and in terms of company influence, and he's shaking things up as much as possible without capsizing the boat completely.

I hope not. I wouldn't want sentient intelligence born in a fancy bordello.

This show, but not the movie, reminds me of this other show, for reasons that would spoil it.

that guy with the fake British accent and that woman who couldn't decide if she was American or Scandinavian really fucking took me out of the immersion. Terrible casting choices.

And why did they have to say "fuck" every other word? It sounded so forced

Did you ever watch Deadwood? HBO don't give no fucks.

>why did they have to say "fuck" every other word?

They didn't say fuck "every other word". Way to fucking over exaggerate, SJW faggot fuck.

just finished first episode
its so fucking dark and beautiful at the same time
masterpiece

Those two characters literally did though...

You are missing the point desu.

The show is about the Robots. It's taking the old joke "you can't rape the willing" to the Nth degree. Because the robots are supposed to have no will.

Also is it truly evil to rape, murder and kill someone if you can bring them back to life and they have no memory of it?

Most would say the answer is obvious but many would say it is not obvious at all and many others would say it is obvious but with a totally opposite point of view.

>Also is it truly evil to rape, murder and kill someone if you can bring them back to life and they have no memory of it?

Good point, just wondering if you can point to any good dreas on this? I imagined the same questions about morality with Groundhog Day