Clapping at the end of a movie

Clapping at the end of a movie.
Is this customary in your country?
So Americans really do this?
Not judging just asking

The movie ends and everyone immediately leaves. Then the cleaners get annoyed because I like to stay and listen to the music. I paid for the whole movie.

It's a habit from attending live performances.

It's common in north america that not all entertainment comes form your TV of synicated productions made in hollywood.

We also enjoy plays, operas, and the occasional musical performances.

People only clap at the end of stuff like Lord of the Rings and Pirates of the Caribbean. Movies that people really really loved. Otherwise nobody claps.

I clapped for the pit orchestra that performed with the showing of Metropolis I went to tonight, does that count?

They get like fucking annoyed worse now, because they think I am waiting for the after credits special in a movie, when there isn't one.

I use to show up early and leave late, because dammit, I wanted to get away from my home for a while, and am in NO fucking hurry to boot back to facebook to tweet all about the film I just saw but sit and talk to the person I saw the film with about life.

This guy understands it.

Elsewhere in the world they'd just be clapping at a movie that wasn't even made in their country playing on TV.

Why would you clap at a screen? It's not like any of the production staff are there for you to compliment.

In short, yes. Only Americans do it because they're a shitty, validation based society.

>So Americans really do this?
Where in America is this a thing? I have never seen this.

The only time I've ever seen clapping at the end of a movie in my 35 years is when I saw a premier of a movie with the director in the theater and everyone knew he was there

you moron, they're not clapping to applaud the movie. they're clapping to dust off food crumbs from their hands because they throw popcorn at their face because that's how real men eat popcorn.

never in my life have I seen an American clap for a movie, maybe they do that in Hollyjew at the first screening but the worst you get around here is booing

it happened every time i went to an opening. i don't do that anymore. strangely though i've encountered it well after opening and like wtf.

>>tfw satisfied with deadpool then whole theater starts to clap.

nice autism

they're ready to clean the auditorium because the next show starts in less than half an hour. it's not a personal issue, and your fucking retarded ass can sit through the credits when you piss away your government earned money on the blu-ray.

People clapped when Legolas killed the giant elephant in RotK. No, I'm not joking.

>So Americans really do this
No one cares what people in your country do but you, you waste your time wondering about us

How fucking empty is your life

My English isn't the best sorry. I asked because when I was on holiday in America people did this At the movie theaters i went to. Seemed odd to me because no one who made the movie was there so they were basically clapping at a projector screen

when I saw TFA, the whole theater clapped like 3 times, it was so annoying. I have never seen anyone do it at any other movie

I am not trying to get in their way, so I don't know why they're mad. I mean all those flavours...

but even still you're projecting.

I like sitting in the theatre... the AVX has nice seats. I leave ones the music stops too, it's not like I wait until the next movie starts...

just because the house lights come on isn't instructions to leave. They would be happier if we all left before the movie was over, or even better yet that people aught tickets and never showed up would be ideal.

so really, fuck it. It sucks that I am not just giving people my money and using their services offered.

I've frequented both indie theatres and commercial theatres, and I'd say this occurs about 5% of the time. And it depends on a few things...

>premier
>blockbuster
>well-known book
These 3 things will get an applause about 50% of the time.

The only time I have seen this happen was at the end of Return of the King. Not American by the way.

Of course. How else do you let the theatre know it was a good film? Otherwise they would only know which films were bad based on the popcorn and soda spillage

literal janitor detected

This happened years ago, a standing ovation in the theatre after waking Ned divine

>It's common in north america
I've never seen it happen in a movie theater in North America. Not once.

But that was an awesome moment brah
Watched it in the cinema when I was 12 and everybody laughed when Gimli said "That still only counts as one"

In areas with cultural enlightenment of live performances.

Sorry Mexico.

>Laughing out loud at the movie.
>Is this customary in your country?
>So Americans really do this?
>Not judging just asking

>implying Mexico even has televisions or movie theaters

I'm an American (from Tennessee) and never in my fucking life has someone CLAPPED in a goddamned movie theater that I've been in. Not even once.

Not at the midnight premiere of The Phantom Menance, not at TFA, not even at the release of the Star Wars re-releases in the 90s.