Are they the same person ?

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomics.tv/comic/mad-max-fury-road-max
view-comic.com/mad-max-fury-road-nux-immortan-joe-001-2015/
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Mad-Max-Fury-Road
youtube.com/watch?v=v1jZxJ8k3dg&t=11s
youtube.com/watch?v=i2gVXd7FzhQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No, one is Mel "Oven Filling, Stop the Shilling" Gibson and the other is Tom Hardy

I mean the character

Tom "Do you feel in charge" Hardy

It could be said they're both quiet the character, yes. But hardly the same person.

Imdbs trivia for Fury Road implies a 'fan theory' never heard elsewhere that the little music box implies Fury Road Max is the Feral Child from Mad Max 2.

I actually really like the theory but wouldn't want them to flesh it out or make it canon at all.

After Blood Father it would have been great to see another Mad Mel movie.

i dont think so.
Left one is in braveheart
right one is big guy i dont think they are same person

Fun theory, it really makes no sense for Hardy Max to be a pre-collapse cop when you have guys like Immortan Joe being old as fuck and pre-collapse while Hardy Max is so young.

Furiosa also was born and grew up post-collapse.

He could just be his son or grandson.

Really makes no sense time-wise if it were different.

Well from many people talked about
It doesn't matter if they're the same person because they are supposed to be legends, not a real man.

It's a stupid fucking theory, just like the Jar Jar is a Sith one. It was explicitly stated in 2 that the Feral Kid became the leader of the group that escapes from the refinery.

Tom Hardy is Max Rockatansky, MFP officer whose family gets killed and drives the best car ever. He might not be the same Max though. The best comparisons for it are James Bond and Zelda. Same character with the same basic history but not a direct sequel. I really wish Mel had been allowed back because his age would have made more sense and it could have been a true continuation.

>never heard elsewhere
i read it here when fury road aired

>It doesn't matter if they're the same person because they are supposed to be legends, not a real man.
I go by this. "Mad Max" is just a legend of the wasteland. Personal head canon or whatever the fuck it's called.

I wrote it

What difference does that make? Max Gibson wasn't pre-collapse either.

>I actually really like the theory but wouldn't want them to flesh it out or make it canon at all.
>After Blood Father it would have been great to see another Mad Mel movie.
that's why it indeed should be canon, so Mel could get back in Mad Max as Max

>Cred Forums tells you a movie was good
It's actually incredible

I thought it was going to be utter shit like Drive or Nightcrawler but it was brilliant.

The first mm still had working society and economy.

Max doesn't wanted to be a legend. Shit just happened. Maybe that's why he left the car to a kid, and he retired to some other area of the world

The first was only on the edge of collapse. There were proper towns, proper police, and Max even took his fucking wife and kids out for a daytrip, with icecream.

it was hated here first (by me too) since the feminism shit (Furiosa strong women in the lead, Max degraded to a sidekick)

man the whole vagina monolouges thing put me in freak out mode

but the movie is a modern day master piece and when i tell people this they look at me like a deer in headlights and im retarded

You guys realize that the desert of the latter movies is just the Australian outback, right? Like there are still roads and towns in the world, just not in the desert.

Yeah but it turns out, the sidekick (max) is always saving and doing the cool shit.

Watch it as a Cecille deMille epic and see it's the best one of its kind since Gladiator.

max is so detached that he really doesnt care that much about himself

its when u piss him off too much he goes mad at everyone

There was war and its made clear society collapsed everywhere after the oil ran out.

i really like gladiator so i should check out cecil?

what do you recommend me to start with? give me like top 3 good movies they dont have to be by him but in that style

>sidekick

You mean like in road warrior?

Hell even in the first one max hardly gets any screen-time till the end and says only a couple words.

Ben Hur
10 Commandments
Fall of the Roman Empire(of which Gladiator is a soft remake)

Thunderdome is post-apocalypse.

Mad Max is pre-apocalypse

Road Warrior the nukes could very well have been in the air. It was a cunt hair away from the apolocalypse.

its almost like fury road was most peoples first mad max movie but everyone pretended to be a expert on the franchise

I thought Furiosa was one of the best 'badass' female characters for years.

Yes. And? The motor gangs of the first movie illustrated the oil scarcity very well.

Wow. For the longest time I thought Bane said "Do you feel a charge?" while trying to shock that guy with static electricity. Really makes you think.....

>whoa are you ok max?
>no.... i'm mad max

Are you fucking serious!?!?

No even badass, just able and cunning and vicious, as one who survives in that kind of world ought to be

Mad Max is mid-apocalypse I'd say. Or at the dawn of the apocalypse. Almost as civilizations lights start to dim, there's Max

>Fall of the Roman Empire

my boner

might go with this one first

>there will never be a Fury Road sequel in which Max chases an armored train through the Australian outback
>you will never see Mel Gibson in full ham-mode going nuts as the badguy, dressed in post apocalyptic version of a train engineers uniform.

There was rule of law, government, and people generally going about their life as normal, albeit with an oil crisis. Its not post-apocalyptic, there's no way you could argue an apocalypse had occurred.

>this ugly fuck plows her

what the fuck famalam

should you become a producer for top notch tail?

The thing I took out of it most was Christopher Plummer. Phoenix was fine, but Plummer was a fucking beast.

Better question

Who is this

Society was starting to slowly break down, tho that's only expanded in the ""sequels"". It looked a lot like the first 20-30 minutes of Assault on Precinct 13 tebehe. It's bad, like Detroit bad, but not yet collapse bad.

Yeah but there's still a functioning government in MM. There's just mass violence and lawlessness.

Honestly with the way the world is I would be surprised to see similar conditions in 50 or 75 years.

Well judging from the flashbacks in fury road and this game.

That guy is supposed to be hardy before fury road happens.

I doubt your grim view will ever happen, but whatever floats your boat.

Anyway as said, it's more of a lawless time and place than a general collapse and that was fairly prevalent in the films of the era: Taxi Driver, Death Wish, Assault on Precinct 13, High Plains Drifter, etc.

He's an expansion on Hardy's Max

The girl and the woman in the flashbacks he has in Fury Road are the girl and mother in the game. [/spoilers]

Clockwork Orange
Vanishing Point(though it's rather from the opposite POV)
Death Race

Idk I mean even after we run out of oil and wrap up a good hardy war, someone has settle down and grow some crops and trade in goods and services, and make sure other people are acting in good order and honesty. I mean that's kind of what we've been doing for a number of centuries now.

Obviously some places are going to be worse off than others, I'm guessing the desert of the Australian outback took an economic hit pretty rough, as deserts generally do.

Imagine this chronology:

Mad Max - The Rover - Road Warrior - Beyond Thunderdome - Fury Road

The madness just keeps amping up until you reach the Norse-inspired death cult of warrior drivers.

an extremely forgettable game

I didn't get its point when you have 3 Borderlands games.

Yeah well just because there's functioning government in Japan right now doesn't mean there's functioning government in iraq. Different parts of the world are subject to different geopolitical factors that result in stratification of wealth and resources. Befitting max's decent into madness (lol) he moves from a relatively civilized and upper middle class society to a less civilized frontier.

Have you not even watched the first MM you fucking millennial pleb

Have you?

Mad Max 1 takes place before the collapse

Why don't they just get Mel to play grizzled vet Max? It would be the only way to make another good Madmax.

They could show Mel passing the torch to Tom's character, so he becomes the spiritual successor to Max.

>hurr durr the furs wun wuznt p0st apocalyptic.

Fucking nitwits

Because Mel is still blacklisted in Hollywood.

so whose sidekick was max in road warrior, nigger?

Mad Max is a legend of the Wasteland. Different people tell it differently.

I'm pretty sure he was asked to be in the new mad max and refused

>mfw plebs try to force "canon" and "continuity" into Mad Max

He may as well be a different guy in every movie. The point is it doesn't fucking matter

Immortan Joe claims to be Immortal, but Max actually IS Immortal. Also probably psychic too since he saw a vision of that crossbow bolt coming

2 is a continuation of 1

gladiator is shit though
Ridley Scott only has 2 good movies

It's just a full-on fucking ACTION movie. What more could people ask for?

Scott has 3 GREAT films and a bunch of good ones, Gladiator among them. Stop being edgy.

>Implying

Of course it does, at least for the original three

Max goes on a character arc over the trilogy

>hardly
you had one chance

Puns should warrant public execution user.

>Courts, police, hospitals, clubs and ice cream shops
>post-apocalyptic
It was probably a few months before the fall, but society was still there

The signs that doom was near were there but it wasn't quite collapsing yet. read what said

He's a big guy.

>It would be the only way to make another good Madmax.
Fury Road was great and without Mel.
I'd like to have him back though, not necessarily as Max, I think George Miller proved he doesn't care about people playing different character.
For the "chronology" of Max I like the explanation usually given for the Zelda game: they're tales about a legendary warrior coming from nowhere and saving the day. Tales about Link are told to the children of Hyrule, tales about Max are told to children in post-apoc Australia.

>Original Max just has one jacket and a t-shirt
>New Max has a desert camo jacket complete with scarf, three clips of ammo, and several feet of rope just for funsies
Fuck Fury Road.

It's almost as if no one actually reads anything.

I always imagined it to be like The Man With No Name character. Each story is a separate story, same basic character, could be the same character don't think about it.

Mad max 2 should never of happaned. Its just seven samurai with eyeline and higlights.

As said before in the thread, Road Warrior is a continuation of the first Mad Max

zelda isnt the same character in each game, unless its a sequel they are all different people with different lives

As Furiosa will be cannon alongside Fury Road. Still separate from the first movies and separate from Thunder Dome

My favorite part of the mad max movies was the fact that they said fuck continuity. Not everything needs to be anextended cinematic universe.

I always liked the theory that the movies were seeing are all tall tales and folk stories told about a semi mythical figure long after the fact.

He's a small guy

Mate, the apocalypse actually happens between the movies stop trying to be a shitter and deny a well known fact.

mad max vs mud mex

Well, on the left we have a badass main character who doesn't talk much and on the right we have a side character nu male cuck who doesn't talk much.

I'd love to see a movie set between MM and RW. See just how the world gets so fucked up.

Tom Max is actually Sprog, Mel Max's son, who traced his father's footsteps.

t. user who has only seen Fury Road

They don't have to be. Even in the original trilogy none of the Mel Gibson's Max characters need to be the same person. It is irrelevant. It is just another man with no name character.

It doesn't matter HOW. Besides which max had nothing to do with it.

you guys have to think of it from a different perspective

like the bigger scheme of things

you see, in the world or mad max people have gone back to the way things were in prerecorded history

they dont really keep records none the less write stories down

i like to think that the story in mad max is a type of folktale told by a wastelander who heard the story of mad max from a person who heard it from another person

its a folk story that people in the apocalyptic wasteland have been telling each other for decades so a lot of the things that mad max did got blended together, hence why fury road seems to be an amalgamation of all three movies

like for instance; the first movie wouldve given the folk story immortan joe
the second movie wouldve given you the truck chasing aspect of fury road
and the third movie wouldve given you furiousa (pic related) and the warboys (the kid with the skull makeup)

its all a retelling of the three stories rolled into one told by an illiterate old person who never really got the right account of what happened when he first heard the story as a youngone

OH WOW so deep and interesting, it's like mythology or something, so primal, so ancient

Who fucking cares? "Myth" and "legend" have no meaning in the modern world, especially in film vs. oral storytelling. Also they only made this shit up once Fury Road came out as an excuse to explain away the continuity and bullshit "soft reboot" business (Furiosa was born after the apocalypse but is around the same age as Max, who was an adult cop before the apocalypse, etc.). It's just a dumb gimmick and the movie is shitty with or without it

>OH WOW so deep and interesting, it's like mythology or something, so primal, so ancient
you are a humongous faggot

what has you so fucking butthurt?

its a great way to look at the film
you seriously sound like the worst kind of person

I am in fact the worst kind of person, but I'm better than you since I'm not an idiot who gladly lapped up George Miller's corporate controlled CGI laden fantasy movie confusingly labeled "Mad Max"

I belive the Mad Max is just stories told in the wasteland, that's why there's the gyro copter in 2 and 3 that's a different time character but the same guy, and why Max has the interceptor in fury road. Inaccuracies in the stories being told by wasteland erst, like the telephone game.

they should have cast gibson in fury road
it was the films biggest mistake not to

>I am in fact the worst kind of person, but I'm better than you
>tips fedora

LOL stay mad permavirgin

You really can't make this shit up

yea thats exactly what i saidits almost as it you took my idea....

No. Based Mel should never be compared to Tom autism Hardy

We're not talking about my sexual history (which btw you are wrong about) you irredeemable fucking pleb. You have no arguments and can't comprehend someone insulting your oh so beloved pile of aging, putrid shit

Are you fucking stupid? The gyrocopter pilot

im actually sure im not wrong by the way you talk

you sound so upset, like you are always upset
and you try to use your "intellect" as an excuse as to why nobody wants to be around you
>hur dur im too smart for these plebs
no, its that you are insufferable and nobody wants to be around you

you are just another fa/tv/irgin tryhard that shitposts on this board all day

Dude, we're not talking about me. Perhaps the reason you enjoyed Fury Load so much is because you watched it with a dozen or so of your closest friends, your best "bros" if you will and you all gave each other bangin' HJs inside the popcorn buckets during the film while staring at that naked old lady, yeah? I'm sure that's why you love it, you dirty fucking normie

abandon thread

is this your autistic attempt at an ebin trol?
i cant honestly believe you could be this retarded and gay

Not trolling, I really feel this way and think you are a turbopleb especially for never once responding to any of my criticisms of the film/gay ass theory and instead jumping straight to personal attacks you stupid cunt

its just that i knew you were the type of faggot who is assmad all the time because his autistic life is shit

its pretty obvious, its just fun to make niggers like you even more upset

you are fucking dumb btw

they didnt come up with any of the things i said
its just what id like to think

anyways go back to posting in Cred Forums you faggot of incomparable proportions

Nah. Make him the ultimate villain (but not max himself), that's the only way to pass down the torch.

He was making his ww2 flick.

>make mel the villain to tom hardy's max

i would watch that

Hey that's actually pretty good

I'd love to know more about the members of Humungus' crew, given some of them are clearly ex-cops like Max

>Guy is called Immortal Joe
>Dies

>guy is called mad max
>is actually just sullen most of the time

>humongous faggot
nice

>CGI
ughh, m8....

that doesnt make sense because the feral kid becomes the leader of that group

i believe mad max is supposed to based off oral retellings of the story. at least the first few. the first was stories about his origin, the second was stories from the feral kids pov, the third from the groups of kids. fury road is stories from furiosas pov

immortan joe may have already been old during the collapse

furiosa grew up post collapse, but max may be a bit older

Could Max actually be the God Emperor of mankind?

not ex-cops, but pre-collapse Immortan Joe was an Australian general in charge of protecting water reserves

also the People Eater was someone big pre-collapse as well, if i remember

you think bartertown was precollapse? lol

Immortan Joe was a soldier of the Oil War and a hero of the Water War. When society fell he rode out of the city with a few like minded individuals, veterans, grease monkeys, gear heads and the like and tore up the countryside in their search for steel and water and guzzoline.

damn son

true

>Immortan Joe was a soldier of the Oil War and a hero of the Water War. When society fell he rode out of the city with a few like minded individuals, veterans, grease monkeys, gear heads and the like and tore up the countryside in their search for steel and water and guzzoline.
where did you find this out?
im actually interested

But in the flashbacks they get run over.

Max is a big guy

It's in the prequel comic

The fat guy here becomes the People Eater

Charlie and Roop were cops in MM, too

shit
where did you find these
i want to read it

Charlize theron is 41 though, max would have to be atleast 60 based on that, and the youngest you could reasonably go would be 50s

I can't remember the source now, but I know there were comics for Joe, Nux, Furiosa and Max released, kind of like origin stories.

I'd love one for The Humungus. Guy had a Totenkopf in his pistol case, so there must be a story there.

think really hard, try to remember

Damn Daisy Ridller looks like *THAT*?

You didnt have any arguments either, your post pretty much amounted to "that's stupid".

>this is a 10/10 in britbongistan

Humungus' gang seems like a mixture of ex-cops and ex-army (like pic related) and then just crazy punks.

Humongous what?

HUGH MONGUS

>type mad max comics online in google
>???
>fuck it

readcomics.tv/comic/mad-max-fury-road-max

thanks dude

here's the immortan joe one

view-comic.com/mad-max-fury-road-nux-immortan-joe-001-2015/

give me all you got

i appreciate it

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Mad-Max-Fury-Road

Here's the one with furiosa
I don't fucking understand why they're all separated

this video is pretty cool

youtube.com/watch?v=v1jZxJ8k3dg&t=11s

According to George Miller, yes.

doing us a solid
ill be here if theres more

I love pausing at random points in this video just to see all the crazy costumes and vehicles in the background
youtube.com/watch?v=i2gVXd7FzhQ

I really want that snake pickup

boomerang finger removal never gets old