We need a new gimmick for the new Pirates movie! We've done skeletons and zombies, what next?

>We need a new gimmick for the new Pirates movie! We've done skeletons and zombies, what next?
>Ghosts!
>Perfect, make him have a beef with Sparrow too!
>Nice, that's never been done before!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QhSROXv6k9U
vimeo.com/108153873
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Watch wacky supernatural pirate adventure movie
>Get mad that it's a wacky supernatural pirate adventure movie

I'm going to enjoy it and there's nothing you can do about it!

I still love Johnny
except for that shitty Willie Wonka remake

It's got Javier Bardem and Geoffrey Rush in it, it's going to be great and you know it.

>skeletons and zombies
That was one movie autist. The 2 and 3 were humans and fish like pirates. 4 was a human lol. You tried though

Why are you pretending no one wants this movie because the franchise is succesful and makes a lot of money?

Everyone wants this movie.

>"What's the most you ever lost in a coin toss, Jack?"

What did he mean by this?

no, 4 was voodoo zombies and mermaids

so they did fish people three times (2,3,4) and undeads three times (1,4,5)

who gives a shit? it's a kids movie

This is a board about film and TV
Ergo, we talk about film and TV and mention what we like/dont like

Where do you think you are?

Think you are in the wrong place friend. Perhaps take your opinions and thoughts to reddit.

there is literally nothing wrong with ghosts in a cheesy pirates movie.
it's like you think it's some high art or something.

Brendan de@d?

>we talk about film and TV and mention what we like/dont like
Or you could shut the fuck up and learn to have fun.

What do you guys think of the way his hair floats like he's underwater? I think it's pretty neat.

>it's a supernatural pirate has beef with Jack sparrow episode

youtube.com/watch?v=QhSROXv6k9U

they should just add guybrush threepwood as a character and be done with it

>A movie franchise over a fucking ghost ship pirate ride at Disney Land
>What do you mean they used ghosts again?

What did you think they were going to do? Alien Pirates?

Rush was in gods of egypt
He does not give a fuck

>>Nice, that's never been done before!
This is the same company that made a billion dollars redoing Star Wars and whose big claim to fame is "fairy tales in cartoon form," and more recently, "60 year old comic book characters."

They aren't striving for originality.

yea but pirates is old and there are people who were 6-7 when it came out and have nostalgia glasses for these shitty movies

Well it is about Orion's belt so it would not be too far of a stretch. Maybe finding "true north" or something.

He was shit in sweeney too desu

>gods of egypt

Gods of Egypt was great you cuck, I'm sorry the cast wasn't black enough for you.

>skeletons
>zombies
>sea mutants

Literally what else do you propose?

Barbossa was pretty much a ghost already
also wtf is with his voice, I had to google to find out what he was saying

i really don't get this, what didn't people like about him?

Whole movie was kind of shit desu senpai

>it's a jack goes on a lengthy diatribe, tricking the bad guy into thinking jacks on his side episode

Mainly a fault of tim burton not understanding the original, but johnny depp fails to capture pretty much every detail that sondheim envisioned in the character. Hearn was a thousand times better than depp at the role. Also every emotion in the movie is "i'm gonna look away from the camera and talk moody", which doesnt properly portray depps acting desu.

I liked it.

>liking a watered down performance
Burton cut like 90% of the source material

So they're what, super ghosts? Why would they be able to kill people in the first place? Why aren't there millions of ghosts killing random people in the Pirates universe?

I actually thought Depp pulled off the moody vibe quite well. His voice was suited to the songs, or at least the style they were performed in the movie.

He didn't bring a lot of depth to the character, but then from what I understand, Sweeney Todd doesn't have a lot of depth to begin with. I think all they could have done was add more gore and maybe a touch more camp. Otherwise for what it was, which was basically a late teens, early 20's goth-romp, it definitely delivered.

>implying Dead Mans Chest isn't high art
The fuck you say, nuqqa??

Each movie doesn't need it's own new le spooky pirate crew of antagonists. Honestly I think the Kraken/some kind of sea leviathan could have been its own movie

>Each movie doesn't need it's own new le spooky pirate crew of antagonists
That's trademark of the series, ya dingus.
Nobody wants to go to theatre to see "PoC: A Tale Of Normal Pirates Sailing In Normal Ship"

ayyyy kek

Sounds rad

Dead Mans Chest is the mindless fun one, At Worlds End is the high art one

i love pirates

YARRR! Avast!

all i need is swords and wenches and i'm in

any other pirate kino with swords and wenches i'd love if you could post, i already know about black sails

as far as I know, the ride doesn't feature ghosts

Honestly I don't know.
I don't watch pirate movies. New Peter Pan, maybe?

What argument is this
>Morons doesn't want quality
>So movie being shit is OK

???

Arrgh matey!

That's not my argument. That's not argument at all.

Also it's not even out, how do you it's shit?

This looks as blant as the 4th movie.

2>1>=4

>Skelingtons
>Aquatic zombies
>tribal niggers
>an old fart
>ghosts
Pretty cool series to be frank

I will forever hate Disney for fucking up this book's movie rights.
This book deserved better, much better than a shitty PoC movie that rapes it.

I'd love to see a small scale movie with mortal pirates who are cannibals. You can do plenty of cool stuff with it like the tribals in Dead Man's Chest.

Ture

They should cross over with one piece
>zoan pirates
>logia
>paramythia

Looks like typical Pirates fare to me, what's the problem? It was never the most innovative franchise.

Funnily enough it's the only modern film series my dad likes because it reminds him of the old adventure serials he watched as a kid.

This is unironically the best Sweeney Todd adaptation

Hopefully they have sea shanties.

Movie 1 = Pirate Skeletons
Movie 2 = Pirate Mutants
Movie 3 = More Pirate Mutants
Movie 4 = Mermaids and an old Pirate
Movie 5 = Pirate Ghosts
Movie 6 = Vampire Pirates
Movie 7 = Alien Pirates

Yeah, your argument pretty much is
>X is OK since general audience likes X
and
>X is OK since they have done it before

>And for this reason you can't say X is stupid

Also, Disney stopped making good movies years ago. It being shit is given. They are not interested in giving people something new, they just give them what they expect and have seen before.

the secret of monkey island was inspired by the same book

ART

You can say it's stupid, but you can't make PoC without it.

Because then it wouldn't be PoC anymore. PoC is associated with paranormal pirates, that's literally story of all it's movies.

Also saying something is OK doesn't mean it can't be stupid.

I know, it's the main reason I picked it up and it was really a good read, I like how the author researched Vodun and its actual tradition instead of just having it be "le spooky black marsh religion".

I get the feeling that this is (over) half way through the movie, and Jack and the ghost-pirates had little to do with each other at the beginning of the movie

Actually not. Sparrow wanted the revenge on Barbossa not the other way around. Both Sparrow and Beckett had a history together but don't really want to take revenge on each other all that much.
And Davy Jones came back to collect the debt.

He also had an affair with Blackbeard's daughter so yeah in one way or another he has a history with all of his villains.

I second this. Can't wait to see Javier in another villain role

Wait, that's not paint? They got that shit tattooed on their face?

What the fug?

What the fug

It's not even painted on, nor tattooed. It's photoshopped over each of their faces.

Nah, it's more
>PoC is associated with paranormal shit
So yeah, they can make a PotC movie without a paranormal crew

What the fuggy mcwuggy!?

why not aliens from outer space

That's with the ghostbusters crossover

How would you substitute paranormal crew?

>Pirates 6
>Jack Sparrow is cryogenically frozen, wakes up in modern times
>An evil AI gains sentience and immediately has a beef with him

They did, Blackbeard's crew wasn't undead or otherwise supernatural in On Stranger Tides.

This is why Star Wars is so shit because of dumb fucks like you.
>hehe it worked before why change anything up!
Why not have cap'n jack blow up the Death Star (c) by tricking storm dyke into lowering the shields for his cannons

Blackbeard crews got actual zombies in it, also vodoo dolls and remote control ship

I don't know. Would probably read some books on paranormal shit seamen talk about.
There must be a huge amount of tales to take from.

He had some zombie crew tho

It looks like it may be well done enough to make up for the lack of originality.

It's been 13 years since the original. CG has progressed a good ways since then. I'm alright with seeing the same concept revisited and expanded with modern techniques and probably the biggest budget of all time.

>320 million budget

This will flop won't it

no

Considering marketing and how little of the ticked money they get from overseas they will have to make about a billion world wide just to break even

>vampire pirates
KINO

>believing hollywood accounting
Forrest Gump reported as losing money despite everything.
Never underestimate what a jew can do with an accounting book.

Looks like it will be following in the first films footsteps. It will be the second best if not the best of the series.

That just proves my point

I needs like a billion to break even. So Disney must be going for 1.5b plus in gross

It will "flop" so they don't have to pay taxes for the next 5 years, it will still make them money.

why cant i have her

There's a fucking middle ground between le spooky ghost crew and nothing supernatural at all... did you read my fucking post? A huge sea monster would be dope. That's not normal at all, you cunt.

t. Apologist

>no actual jack in trailer because theyre spending half the budget on slimming down depp with CGI

why did they film the movie when he looked his absolute worse?

OP is a landlubber.

>Trying to act smug and above it all over a movie series based on a Disneyland ride.
You're so high brow OP. Everyone who read your post is thinking that right now. That guy is so smart and special. I bet he could totally write movies and each would be a masterpiece .

And the assembly line of Hollywood churning out soulless garbage continues.

here you go
vimeo.com/108153873

>makeup in bed

Episode 4 is non-cannon. Please never reference this film again.

thats what you think....hahahahah...... *teleports away*

Movie six will be about pirates vs ninjas
Screencap this

That's pretty much the formula for every Pirates movie, should you really expect something different?

I hear ya. That's pretty awesome.

Dutch movie Michiel de Ruyter
Think it's called Admiral in English

Well, it's not exactly Pirates, but it has swords and cool ship battles

> you will never unzip that dress and tenderly assfuck amber until she squirts milk from her mammaries

Was the "please" he added supposed to be a joke?
Also I kinda like the almost ethereal zombie way Salazar moves across the ship.

the first one was a ghost story not zombies or some shit, the famous catchphrase even goes 'do you believe in ghost stories? cus ur in 1!"

nobody gives a shit about a nation of cowards who can't avenge 350 of their passenger civilians dead in russian hands

dutch should go extinct