5 > 4 > 3 > 6 > 2 > 1 > 7

5 > 4 > 3 > 6 > 2 > 1 > 7

Other urls found in this thread:

rogerebert.com/reviews/star-wars-episode-i-the-phantom-menace-1999
youtube.com/watch?v=LtbaDPreO8I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anything else and you are an actual child who grew up watching the Prequels.

sup reddit

excellent list

5 > 4 > 7 > 6 > 3 > 1 > 2

get fuk't

The only proper order

I will never understand the 1 > 2 meme

>7 anywhere close to the original trilogy
I know being retarded is cool, we're on the four chans, but contain yourselves spergs, it's not 2006 anymore

I legitimately believe that 7 I better than any of the Prequels though.

Just by virtue of not having a goofy clown character, not relying on cgi, and no cringeworthy dialogue.

5>3>7>6>4>1>2

4 > 5 > 7 > 3 > 1 > 6 >2

This is the only non meme order

gungans>sand

rating 1 ahead of 6 is pretty memetastic though

>not relying on cgi
You mean pretty much every hangar and ship scene including the millenium falcon which theyve said they dropped using miniatures in order to make it in cgi. Im guessing you thought maz and the ranthars were puppets too I guess.

>no goofy clown character
You mean finn who becomes black comedy and even says "droid please?"

>tfa apologists are saying that having a fanfiction textbook special snowflake character who destroys all tension in the story is somehow better.

TFA is just as bad as the prequels if not worse because it destroyed what luke and crew achieved. Now watch some autist try to act like Im a fan of the prequels because his shit nostalgia pandering movie cant stand up on its own merits.

>7 before 3

Top kek Reddit

Only good movies are 4 and 5.
For the rest we may as well pretend they never happened.

5>4>6>>>~2>>>>I'm unironic about this. I thought 7 was trash. I was bored and generally disappointed with the reboot in every way. Star wars should have been above a cheap reboot...and yet here we are.

>Power gap

>Major power gap

>Pure shit

This is objectively true.

Only a millennial redditor could love Empire more than the Original.

OT >>> 1-3 >>> 2 >>> things that should have never existed >>> 7

fucking kill yourself

>people putting 7 below the prequels

You know this site is for adults only, right?

>He thinks disliking TFA means you like the prequels
Shreddit is that way

No, but we are actually ranking them. So....if you put 7 below the prequels, it means you like the prequels more. Or hate them less, anyway.

See how life works?

5>=4>6>3>1>2>=7

Most objective listing I can think of. Tfa apologists actualky believe 7 was a good movie.

I dont know if it was a "good" movie, but I enjoyed it much more than any of the prequels. Also, I drove myself to the theater to watch each prequel, so keep that in mind.

welcome, reddit

Nah, prequel lovers were 5 when TPM came out. They'd be adults now.

Kids, meanwhile, think TFA is the best Star Wars.

Hating something less isn't the same as liking it more, though.

4>5>6>7>3>2>1

You literally cannot disagree.

Bros4lyfe

It literally is

Reddit being reddit again.

5>7>4>6>3>1>2

5>4>6>3>7=1>2

So basically you just ignore points because 7 marketed to you based on nostalgia. Much in he same way children loved the prequels because it was marketed towards them.

I really dont understand this logic, theyre both equally bad and the result of mass marketing. The only thing that makes seven worse is that while the prequels destroyed the enigmatic backstory of anakin TFA literally goes out of its way to destroy every relationship of han, luke , and leia. While having more nods and references than the phantom menace. Jj abrams managed to make me more disappointed in his movie than I was in episode 1. That is saying a lot.

The TFA lovers are overall a wave of 35+ autists that hated the prequels so much that anything that is not the prequels now gets an automatic pass.
It's like the anti-Cred Forums posters all over Cred Forums. They're the only ones derailing any conversation into Muh Bogeyman.
Which led to the whole
>if you hate one you love the other
while indeed both prequels and TFA sucks for very different reasons.

3 is shit but I enjoy the fuck out of it. I dont know why. 1, 2 and TFA are utter shit

It
>literally
Isn't. Because in 1 case you dislike both anyway so the ranking becomes irrelevant. In the other (you) you put 7 as likeable and the prequels as shit. In the first case they're both under a theoretical 0. In the second 1 is positive the other isn't

I hate 7. 7 makes everything the heroes went through in the OT for nothing. The universe is basically the same terror filled place that it had always been.

5>4>6=7>3>1>2

1>2>3>4>5>6>7 is only sane opinion.

Inb4:
>Nooo, it's not true, this is impossible!
>kill yourself
>kid
>millennial
>homosexual
>faggot
>reddit
>nice meme
>fuck you
>but a guy from my favourite YouTube channel says...
>but what about score on that reviews aggregator site...
>b-but my favourite bloggers say....

All I'm saying is that I enjoyed it more than the prequels. I haven't sat down to analyze why.

>They're the only ones derailing any conversation into Muh Bogeyman.
you literally Cred Forumsd your post retard

>d-d-do i fit in yet?
>guys?

You're so quirky and original

patrician detected

>black and white mentality
I'm not surprised

Not really. I Made an example inside a bigger argument. There are gorillas with a better reading comprehension than yours. And you keep avoiding the point because you're full of shit. Like TFA

4, 5, 3, 6, 7, 1, 2

>if i use meme arrows no one will notice i have no arguments

5>4>6>7>3>1>2
How many times do we need to go over this?

Oh no look he's being edgy, oh the humanity

No, not at all.

"I like A more than B" implies that you like A.

"I hate A less than B" doesn't imply that you like A (it actually implies that you hate A, just less so than B).

It's not the same.

>all the criticism you can come up with is negated because a youtuber said it

I dont care if you inb4ed

please kill yourself and do it slowly.

literally this

nostalgiafags are the cancer, both the 35+ manchildren and the millennials who grew up watching the prequels

the truly enlightened realise that none of the star wars movies are particularly brilliant

The example was untrue though as this is a perfect example how Cred Forumstards pull the victim card at all times. "hurhur it's not me derailing the thread, I was only posting facts from whitepower.org on how jews control the IMF in this thread about spaghetti westerns"

haha being contrarian is funny

>5 > 4 > 3 > 6 > 2 > 1 > 7
this is correct.

reminder that anyone who puts 7 above literally anything else is a legit nostalgia-fag with absolute shit taste.

One of the better rankings I've seen, though not sure why you're including fan fiction.

Empire is literally the only good Star Wars movie. OG Star Wars is decent. Everything else is shit. Just admit it, anons.

Thinking Clones is better than anything means you have a mental handicap.

3 > 5 > 4 > 7 > 1 > 6 > 2

I don't think anybody but true fanboys think any Star Wars is a great film. We're just ranking them, friend.

And the prequels are the worst. 7 is ok.

switch 6 and 3 and it's correct

4 and 7 are the same fucking movie, you idiot!!1

fucking kill yourself

7 was shit but it was not worse than 2 OP.

5 > 4 > 3 > 6 > 1 > 7 > 2

5 > 6 > 1 > 7 > 3 > 2 > 4

Friendly reminder if you don't rank 7 last then you're probably going to want to google rebbit

>being this mad, old and irrelevant

It's like you don't read what you type.

4 > 5 > 6 > 7 > 3 > 2 > 1

>never seen the star wars films
>mfw up until like 2 years ago I thought the prequel films were released first

I never gave a shit about Star Wars rankings but I fucking hate 7

Oh really? You really think Finn is as bad as fucking JarJar?

Or there is ANY line as bad a Anakin's dialogue with Padme?

Empire sucks.

Everything Rey says, pretty much everything Finn says
Reys acting is literally 2 hours of "IM ACTING HEY HON THIS IS THE MILLENEEEEEEYUM FALCORN
Finn is the Uncle Tom who betrays his people and the only friends/family he has ever known only to become Jar Jar with his wise cracks
You liked this movie so you're either a gay cunt, female or underage
Last two are okay, first isn't an excuse though, kid.

Stay mad millenial

Didn't say I liked it, buddy. I said it's better than any prequel. Which is true.

>for you

7 > 6 > 4 > 5 > 3 > 2 = 1

5 > 4 > 6

The others don't exist

5 > 4 > Gendy's Clone Wars > Kotor > screw the rest

>4>5>3>6>7>1=2

>better than the prequels

Theres that meme again.

2 > 5 > 4 > 3 > 6 > 1 > 7

5>4>6>3>1=2>Do you guys agree?

Joe > Q > Murr > Sal

5>6>4>3>1>7>2

Why do you faggots keep talking in third person?

>3 above anything other than 7 or 2
I knew this site was full of angsty edgy autists who spend too much time playing video games but holy shit

V > IV > VI > VII > III > II > I

RotJ has a lot of problems, but RotS is dogshit and TFA doesn't reach the highs of RotJ but still has plenty of lows.

10...9...8, 7, 6, 5, 4...3...2...

5>4>6>7>1>3>2

kys plebs

>7
>better than George Lucas' original vision

Why is there a seventh film in your rankings, I don't get it ? does cash grab fanfilm reboot count as canon now ?

This user got it.

Correct.

6>=5>7>3>1

5>7>4>6

Prequels don't even feature due to the moronic plots and wooden acting

Switch 5 to first and you'd be golden

I prefer
5>4>3>6>1>2>7

ONE SECOND PLEASE

4>6>5>1>2>3>Star Wars Holiday Special>7

I can't even comprehend how Star Wars fans like 7.

bump

wtf 6th was the best one guys...

3 is not the worst prequel my man

5>4>6 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 7 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It's objectively true.

4 = 5 > 6 > 7

rest aren't canon.

Again
1>2>3>4>5>6>7 is only sane opinion. No discuss if you considering yourself anything not pleb.

(You)

>(You)
Typical pathetic answer. Nothing surprising from plebs this days.

5=4>7=6>1=3>2

anything else is wrong

Return of the Jedi is objectively the best.

6 > 5 > 1 > 3 > 7 > 4 > 2

My nigga.

7 > 4 > 5 > 6 > 3 > 1 > 2

I don't need to say how TFA made the OT worse, so get off my ass about 7 being better. .

OP you are a memeing faglord

there are is one objective order, and I will defend it if need be

5>4>6>3>7>2=1

And I expect Episode VIII will be very good by the way.

5 > 4 > 6 > 3 > 7 > 2 >1

4>5>6>3>1>2>7
Idiots

no

Today op was not a faggot

5=4>powergap>6>huge power gap>3>1=2>yes this is how bad tfa is power gap>7

Everyone else is memeing

5>4>3>6>7>1>2

1 **
2 *
3 **
4 ****
5 ****
6 ***

Haven't seen the new one and have no intention to.

4 > 5 > 6 >>>>>>>>>>> 7
Fuck 1-3

100% accurate. Only a child would change anything about this order.

You would have to be a stupid teenager to rank 3 above 1 to be honest.

Do you get all your opinion from YouTube personalities? I bet you like 5 because it's the darkest and the grittiest right? 4 is objectively the superior movie.

Nigger what? They're both shit but 1 is actually one of the worst big budget Hollywood movies ever made, at least 3 had some cool moments

>it's a "millenials pretend there's anything positive about the prequels" episode

Buttmad 35+ manchild nostalgia fag detected

I bet you liked ep. 7

1 is terrible.

3 is ok.

well yeah.

>"it's a beckbeard who thinks that the prequels have no redeeming qualities and anybody who likes them is an asshole episode"

Neckbeard babbys

5>4>6>>>>

High RT score =\= quality

I like TFA too though

4=5

The Falcon is a model when it's parked. The ONE shot where it's cgi was just due to it being a pain and risk of equipment to drag it out into the middle of the desert for a 3 second shot

>it's Disney prequel shill episode

this is the voice of reason retards

>a bloo bloo bloo movie sucks because not muh idealized infantile Mary sue versions of Luke Han and Leia

Embarrassing

I miss Bibble posting.
Such amazing 2 days.

>star wars autists actually pretend 7 is bad

4 > 5 > 6 = 7 >>> 1

Never bothered with the other shit.

most of the fanbase loved 7.

only a small handful of Cred Forumstards and Cred Forums contrarians (those who probably defend BvS) didn't like it.

>rlm told me to like 7

how does it feel to have he taste of shit in your mouth since you can remember?

>most of the fanbase

mom, me and my 3 friends on Cred Forums liked TFA!!1111
do i fit in?

>people suddenly not onowing their achievements and having their relationships be destroyed offscreen is good writing. Wanting characters and the universe to have a logical consistency and progression is infantile.

My sides have left orbit.

Is that why most user reviews on IMDb, Metacritic, and Rotten Tomatoes are positive?

Is that why it's the highest grossing domestic movie of all time by a large margin?

Face it, you're in the minority.

>inb4 most people have shit taste

That's not what you were arguing, you're trying to prove most fans disliked it, which is simply false.

4 > 5 > 6

there are no other star wars films

>offscreen
There's only so many things you can do when the old cast have all aged so much.

Considering the circumstances, Kasdan did a wonderful job.

>logical consistency
Good thing TFA had that, unlike the prequels.

>IMDb, Metacritic, and Rotten Tomatoes represent the majority

you deserve hollywood. you're that retarded. and you would see it if this garbage of a movie would come out without "star wars" in the title

>not muh Han solo not muh luke so bad writing

>hurr durr it made money it must be good right?

jesus christ stop breathing. please

>Get blasted by objective facts
>Resort to childish namecalling

Prequelfags everybody

I never said any of those meant anything. I'm just saying a majority of people enjoyed that movie.

Nice childlike knee-jerk reactions though.

1>4>5>3>2>6 (because of Ewoks and the "one of the MCs looks like the indigenous god" cliche)

7 isn't even a Star Wars movie.

IDGAF, BABY, IDGAF!!!

You gotta understand, most of/tv/ is bitter jaded neets who need to pretend they consume media as seasoned, patrician experts so they can pretend they're "above" the common plebs. Acknowledging that TFA was good would fucking destroy them, because liking something normal people like would destroy the illusion that they're some kind of enlightened auteur.

Funny. It's only kids who prefer the originals over the prequels because they think it makes them more "mature"

the only people i found defending this movie are here, on Cred Forums. Not a single living soul got out of the theater satisfied, at least as far as my city goes. Biased? for sure, but still, the one defending this movie are all here on Cred Forums, pretending they have some superior understanding by seeing in this movie something that is not.

Ultimately, the contrarian, is the one who doesn't call shit for what it is: shit.
That'd be you

5>4>6>3>7>2>1

I know how you feel. The Phantom Menace was and IS my favorite, too. Even when I saw the OT before them on TV, I didn't care for them.

Inb4
>u were a baby/not even born you faggot.

I was 8 in 1999, 25 now. Arguably older than most of Cred Forums and Cred Forums.

>t. Neet who only talks to people from Cred Forums

This is what TFA nostalgiafags call logical consistency:

>The deathstar takes 11 years to build using the entirety of the Empire's resources and is then found out by the rebellion during it's building process.
>The First Order, a remnant faction of the empire, manages to make a deathstar that's 10x bigger on an ICY PLANET that has to SUCK UP THE HEAT AND ENERGY OF THE STAR NEXT TO IT. Without anyone in the resistance knowing and also while making new ships and vehicles.
>Keep in mind that the Resistance is a proxy military of the new governing body of the Republic who's entire job is to RESIST AND KEEP AN EYE ON FIRST ORDER ACTIVITY.
>They fail at this and somehow manage to get not only the republic but also the MAJORITY OF THEIR FLEET destroyed (which leia tells us) leaving them with only a few xwings to fight off this new threat.
>This is of course in a movie where the first thing they tell us is that the resistance is looking for Luke Skywalker. So instead of USING THE SPACESHIPS TO LOOK FOR HIM IN A UNIVERSE THAT HAS HYPERDRIVES, they decided to have them all conveniently circling around the republican fleet and not searching the galaxy or defending their own planet or even attack first order military bases. Particularly the GIANT DEATHSTAR FIRST ORDER MILITARY BASE.

5 > 4 > 6 > 3 > 1 > 2 > 7

2's biggest problem is that it is so dull. 1 is retarded sure, but it is far better paced. Anyone who thinks 3 is better than 6 is retarded. 6 has the best space battle and best lightsaber fight out of all the films.

Why don't you go write a wookiepedia article about the hyperdrive power of a star destroyer or the height of Darth Vader's favorite chair you fucking sperg

>can't handle points
>goes with 'y-you're just autistic'

My sides user, don't worry RLM came out with a video so you can have opinions without thinking too hard about things.

Cred Forums BTFO

the only ones ever mentioning the prequels in these threads are the anti-prequels neckbeards

nobody in his right mind defend either prequels or tfa. But go ahead, push your bogeyman so you can validate your autism on a vietnamese memespouting image pedo board

absolutely BTFO

7 > 5 > 3 > 4 > 6 > 1 > 2

4 = 5 > 7 > 6 > 3 > 2 > 1

I really can't decide whether I like Ep. 4 or 5 more, and 6 wasn't that memorable to me but I still enjoyed it. I only actually got into Star Wars as of like, last year.

7 definitely has its glaring issues and clearly is pandering to nostalgiafags (and I can't fucking stand Han's character in it because he feels like a HEY GUYS REMEMBER THIS character) but I still liked it a lot. I'm hoping the rest of the films will improve on the whole nostalgiafag issue, though. and I hope they actually explain shit like Rey's innate ability to do literally everything.

3 is definitely the best part of the prequels. 2 was boring as fuck but at least it was more interesting lore-wise compared to 1. I grew up around prequel shit so it has some nostalgia factor to me, I dunno.

IV: 8.5/10
V: 8/10
VI: 7.5/10
III: 7/10
VII: 4.5/10
I: 3.5/10
II: 2/10

I haven't watched Sith and Clones in a long time, though, so my ratings might be off.

I don't know why people even bother to put the prequels in their rankings. All 3 were horrible, what's the point of comparing them? To me they might as well didn't exist. I consider the original Star War as part 1 and I refuse to call it Episode 4, and the correct ranking is original > empire strikes back > awakening > return of the jedi

?

nobody cares about what you wanted, autismo.

Your fanfiction isn't canon.

but 90% of the fanbase loved TFA

Episode 3 at least had 2 or 3 genuinely good scenes and plenty of unintentional comedy/meme potential

Also, all 3 prequels had excellent music throughout, arguably better than the OT music

i too, my fellow redditor, validate my opinion by thinking that a paid review reflects reality more than what you can see on the faces of people getting out of the cinema.
there is star wars in the title. if it was 3 hours of a turd with wings it would have sold a bazillion tickets anyway. And no one in the general population goes on rt, imdb or whatever to promptly remark his iew on the newest flick

This

>paid review

exposed.

lightsaber fights were interesting to watch despite being a bit crazy
amazing score
interesting additions to the SW universe, especially the fall of Anakin and his path to becoming Vader
visually interesting locations, especially Coruscant
episode 2 lead to some of the best SW cartoons, especially the Clone Wars stuff
Grievous

is that why if you go on Twitter or Facebook you'll find hundreds of post praising it?

stop trying to push this false narrative that a majority disliked it. you're lying through your teeth.

the thing is TFA is not a star wars movie.
It's a 2-3 hour commercial with nostalgia bait
they wanted to sell toys, didn't give a shit about a movie, and we can all see that

>pushing anything
>user on an imageboard

you love your bogeyman do you? you're just buttblasted people don't agree with your shit taste in liking garbage

I don't think it was about selling toys, the prequels were definitely about that though.

to me 7 gave off nostalgiafag vibes to bring in more people to watch 8/9. as I said, I genuinely hope they don't nostalgia bait in 8/9 because I'm liking where the SW universe is going at this point.

they were too afraid to do anything new with 7 because of the horror that was 1. they wanted to stick with something that people were familiar with. that's why 4 and 7 have such similar plots. people are already familiar with the plot of the original SW film. if they can recreate it of course people are going to like it.

>no true Scotsman
that's all wrong, it's literally a Star Wars movie.

Your autism does not dictate whether it is or not.

Yeah, but it was still better than the prequels.

>people don't agree

source? I'll wait.

Show me a majority of the fanbase didn't like it.

when they say "a majority of the fanbase" they probably mean "the people I've seen talking about 7 on Cred Forums"

neither yours. You're literally (yes, literally the meme word) replying with "no you".

show me the majority that did like it
>inb4 posts rlm, imdb and rt

i'll wait too. I'll especially wait for you to pull, again, a special set of rules that will try and fail, again, to prove anything more than the fact that you indeed posses shit taste for liking TFA

show me a reputable source of information that will prove beyond any shadow of a doubt that this movie is liked by anyone beside a few autists in here

>shit is shit, but i'm better because i prefer some kind of shit to some other different kind

this is you right now

this
7 is objectively best
the prequels are abominations only an autist would defend

that is by no means a metric of any value.

why does there even need to be proof though, do you need an academic paper written for you? from what I saw on social media people were happy with it. inb4 "lol social media fags their opinion doesn't matter"

I'm sorry that the facts are on my side.

You lose.

Objectively speaking,

5 > 4 > 3 > 6 > 1 > 2 = 7

false

>show me a majority that liked it
>but don't show me a majority literally liked it though, that doesn't count lol

For some people on this board, the prequels are probably their nostalgia movies, so lets try to be more sympathetic to them.

>the facts
>still not posting any
k
that is the whole point you homolord

face it cuckboi, 7 was a terrible piece of shit with zero interesting characters and a rehashed storyline. Typical JewJew Abrams garbage. Hopefully the next director can salvage 8.

true. there is indeed a large part of the board obsessed with the prequels they often get mad because less and less anons take the bait on
>muh prequels were shit
and they keep pushing. what gives?

That sounds quite reasonable. But no.

7 better than 6? GTFO kid

go kill yourself

Because it's difficult for people to not see the prequels as shit, unless they saw the prequels first at an young age.

6 > 5 > 4 > 3 > 7/2/1

this

I'm ok with this

if you ban the word prequels for 1 week there would be no star wars threads on Cred Forums for a week because all the anti-prequel fags wouldn't have a reason to bait. they're the only ones mentioning the prequels in the first place as if starting a war on either/or prequels/TFA is not already a consumed meme

then there is a little group of very old star wars fanatics who hated the prequels so much that anything that is not those movies gets an seal of approval

same goes for 7. rehashed plot and massive overacting (Ray actress)

7 better than 4 and 6? you will get nothing for sucking Jar Jars dick

Hmm you keep saying that's bait, but you keep replying to it as if it offends you that people are shitting on the prequels.

not really no. i don't like the prequels. minus a couple of cool scenes because "muh edgy", but that's it. stating that if you dislike one means you like the other is the primeval bait that got these threads going since the movie came out. I know it because i was here

all incorrect, try again.

Why do you keep replying to "bait" then?

if you are a faggots that says 7 is better than 4,5 or 6: please kill yourself

some is bait, some isn't. i have nothing better to do right now and it's overall entertaining. at least a bit more entertaining than the Statham-kino i'm currently watching

I don't get these meme either user the hand to hand jango fight, seismic charges and arena fight are better than jar jar pod racers and battle droids even with the final maul fight amd duel of fates

4 5 6 1 2 3 7 8 9

It will always be this

Nobody is saying that.

4 = 5 > 6 > 7 >>> 3 >>> Cancer > 1, 2

4 is superior because of its budget compared to 5 and its pioneering in effects.

Sheev is a pretty cool guy.

>4 = 5 > 6 >>> 3 >>> light desease > 1 > Cancer > 2 >>>> your shitty opinion >>> jar jar >>> not star wars movies >>>>>>>>> 7

ftfy

5 > 4 > 6 > 7 > 3 > 1 > 2

this is the only correct order

not bad but i would even prefer 3 over 7. Anakin turning down make it more memorable than 7

go and try to push your retarded sjw agenda somewhere else

hola millennial

Anakin going from conflicted but decent guy to slaughtering little kids in 10 minutes was only memorable in terms of how ridiculous it was

millennial is anyone born between 1980 and 2000. Kind of a sure shot on this board, isn't it?

i think they are just delusional. Look at Episode 1. First they praised it and a couple years later they said it shit, the same thing will happen with episode 7 (even if 8 and 9 will be better movies)

i meant "burning down"; my bad

Yes Episode 3 had a couple ridiculous scenes but at least its SOMETHING

well it's not that conveniently finding the falcon, knowing how to pilot it, not having a sign of character growth (rey) is much more memorable though.

I just use it as a nickname for people that defend these objectively terrible movies.

episode 1 had mediocre reviews at release.

7 is actually good.

>LITERALLY EVERYONE knows the correct order is 5>3>7>6>3>1>2
>despite the fact TFA was a shameless rehash, it's still a solid made movie and 6 is an incompetent shitty fucking mess
>"but NOOOOOOOO mom I have to be original, my post has to be different from everyone else's!!!"
>MOOOOOOOOOOM
I'm throwing 'preferences' out of the window, completely. I don't give a shit about your preferences, when the order is objectively correct. So post some more bullshit, manchildren. Entertain yourselves.

Swap 7 with 2 and it's perfect

5>4=7>6>3>1>2

rogerebert.com/reviews/star-wars-episode-i-the-phantom-menace-1999

meant
>5>4>7>6>3>1>2

2 is dogshit, 7 is good.

its insulting to compare the original to the cheap rehash. They ruined Han Solo and Luke (made them look like cowards)

5 > 5 > 5 > 5 > 5 > 5 > 7

both are bad

no

she looked so hot back than...

cry more, faggot.

You wouldn't find her sexy if she wasn't the princess.

Mike Stoklasa said with a sneer that George Lucas is a businessman, but this fits JJ Abrams perfectly. Force Awakens had a lot of hype, but a year later nobody talks about it. Like Avatar it has had 0 cultural impact.

Probably because it's a movie made by committee, made to tick as many boxes as possible. Get asian characters so China will like it. Get a black character so american critics will like it. Don't make the black character too heroic or prominent or China will hate it. Bring back the old cast and have them mutter our the old catchphrases so the 35 year old autists will buy all the action figures. Make the female protagonist perfect so the feminists will blog about it. Make the story beat for beat exactly the same as 1977 Star Wars because that made money and the hardcore autists who hate change will like it, and the normies won't even realise.

It's bland, generic milquetoast piece of nothing. If Star Wars 1977 was treacle, Force Awakens would be a spray of treacle-scented gas. The prequels at least tried to be original, and George wasn't so low as to get threatened into repeating himself by nerds.

/thread

1>5>6>4>3>2

seven isn't a good movie at all

pic

you know jackshit about good story writing, the perfect braindead sheep who follows the hype

7 is still discussed everyday, so you're wrong.

>ad-hominem

7 is a great film.

this

they realize how bad it is

who's they?

This thread is pretty divided.

>my friends on Cred Forums make a shitpost thread everyday
>7 is still relevant

get out of the basement and ask the first retard that passes you by who's rey and whose luke skywalker

its a soulless copy-paste of episode 4 with plot holes and Mary Sue characters

being similar means it's bad?

TPM is also a rip off of ANH.

see

tfw i love both equally for different reasons

V is the perfect start and empire is the perfect, logical sequel

too bad 6 was such a dissapointment

>proof is ad-hominem

grasping monkey jumps i see

he crapped on FA and suddenly people's this review is awesome

no, it had a lot of heart and was very fun.

It had a great sense of adventure, unlike the prequels.

It was more Star Wars then what Lucas shat out in the 2000s.

Correct.

7 was so shit, but I'll be damned if it wasn't the prettiest film i've seen from ILM in awhile

he didn't crap on anything. throw some minor baits to prepare for the future when he will try to shift entirely to milk some other views.
atm they loved it because that's where the money are

>"you're just a sheep lol"
>this is somehow proof a movie was bad

think before you post, user.

>says prequels suck
>uses prequels to defend Fanfiction Awakens

*IV

fuck me i need some sleep

>replying to different anons
>still ignoring what's been posted in front of you
>resorting to anime posting

it's over. go away

It was okay, user.

If you really think it's "great" then jesus christ what films do you consider amazing?

7 is just a truly terrible movie no matter how delusional you want to be. Stormtrooper dude defects after witnessing the horrors of war for literally 2 minutes, and then spends the rest of the movie happily killing the people he spent his entire life with, until he drops out of the movie because they have to focus on rey becoming a jedi master like one day after learning the force is real

The dialogue in the prequels is nonstop cringe, but overall it's leagues better than TFA

you wouldn't see a good story if it would slap you in the face if you think the story of Force Awakens is good
youtube.com/watch?v=LtbaDPreO8I

TFA is forever canon and there's nothing you say to not make it so.

It's over because you're wrong, I'm right.

This is all incorrect. Acquire taste before posting.

sadly just proves how dumb today's generation is that they eat this shit up

There will be no reunion of Luke, Han, Leila and Chewbacca with the new characters. Disney is that bad ast story writing. Copy pasted the fall of Jacen Solo but made it worse (and took Revan`s design)

>if you think the story of Force Awakens is good
Never implied it. It's pretty and has well shot action, which is way more than anything 6 has (almost nothing aside from Luke Vader scene and NOSTALGIA).

>I was born le wrong generation xD

hola reddito

>overall it's leagues better than TFA

its a circle jerk. They tried so hard to be episode 4 its like an several million Dollar fan-made movie

>user gives reasonable arguments
>YOU'RE WRONG AQUIRE TASTE KIDDO!!!!!!

Almost correct. 7 goes next to last, right above 2

V>IV>VII>III>VI>II>I

None of those arguments where of any value.

1 is not even half as good as 7.

>3 better than anything
Stop bargaining, you piece of shit. 3 is just as bad or worse than the other two prequels.
Deal with it, stop begging for insults.

So what? It's sleazy and shameless. In that regard, it's worse than prequels. Prequels inherited a lot of stuff from the originals but they were not blatant copies, like TFA. I get it. But RotJ is a SHIT MOVIE. It just has a nice resolution to the Vader story, which takes what, 1% of the movie?? The rest of it is FILLER SHIT. My ultimate point is, if I have to rewatch either 7 of 6 right now, I will most definitely choose 7, even if I have to watch it 10 times in a row.

you are the proof

his defection was unbelievable on every turn

dumb sjw rehash better than the original? You must be joking

7 seems to borrow from all of the first 3. The battle between Darth Vader and Luke, Yoda, going around the surface of a planet to sabotage the death star's shields, etc.

5>4>6>7>3>1>2

7 being better than 6 is somewhat arguable, but 7 is kind of a cheaply written movie.

The sad part is they could have literally taken a few minutes or so to establish that finns eluctant to kill first order stormtroopers, or even just have a moment to think about the destruction of the republic, making his change of heart make some sense.

Why the fuck did they choose abrams again? what did he do in the past that convinced everyone he was perfect for the job? because he fucked up another dead sci-fi franchise beforehand?

I bet alot of people thought he was perfect because he's good at presenting spaceships with colourful pew pew laser guns and forced humor to give the illusions his films have charm

> < >

7's writing probably went through massive amounts of focus groups and studies before being settled. If anything, it had the most expensive writing.

>sleazy and shameless

just like episode 7.

Fuck Bioware wrote a Star Wars story without copy-pasting New Hope (Star Wars KOTOR). It's just pathetic

holy shit, THIS

>just like episode 7.
???
I WAS referring to episode 7.

(not that guy)
I think they'll still nostalgia bait in 8/9, but it's going to be more about references and easter eggs instead of entire plot points.
I do agree that the reason 7 was so similar to 4 was because they needed to play it safe, make something that brought everyone in for the future of Star Wars.

This, but that we my exact problem with the film

it was just a compilation of all the iconic moments from the original trilogy

I don't mind sequels drawing parallels with their predecessors, if anything that's exactly what any good sequel should do, but did they REALLY need to include a monster fight (Rancor, rathatar) an elderly figure death, a trench run, boots on the ground shield disabling, the falcon fighting two tie fighters, jedi mind tricks etc.

Like it was so caught up in trying to capture the magic of star wars that it forgot to whip up any of its own, just made the film feel void of any memorable moments despite being really fucking pretty. Such a waste of otherwise good VFX.

exactly that's why it's soulless

ok my bad

6 was pretty shit for the most part, but the vader/luke/emperor fight was fucking sublime. also the attack on the second death star was so well done. I'd say even better than the trench run.

6 would have probably been my favorite if they cut down the han rescue in half, spent more time developing leia, exchanged the ewoks for an army of huge intimidating wookies that used guerilla tactics that weren't cartoony and goofy. Hell that would've been a great opportunity to develop chewie and his relationship with his people.

Fanservice > Toy commercials