Capeshit's death

Will capeshit ever die? Much as I hate general audiences even I can't believe they'll put up with another 100 or however many Marvel and DC serve up in the next decade or so. This shit is seriously a tumor on film and needs to fucking die.

I will take a terribly executed original idea over another mediocre superhero movie. Capeshit is the worst fucking thing. How can we stop it? Or are we just fucked?

Hello my Nubian brothers and sistas. My name is Luke Cage and I have a giant 13 inch glistening mandingo penis ready for the taking. We waz kangs and shit, (puts dollar in swear jar) and we must work together to fight the man and reclaim whats ours. I put my hoodie on. As-salamu alaykum.

They'll keep making them as long as people pay to see them. Might be another 25 years til it dies down. Disney will have another cash cow lined up by then.

Oh yeah. It's infected television too. I hate this shit so much. Please just end it all.

why do you lump DCkino into the MCU diarrhea?

Nolan and Snyder make cape FILMS

I don't think I can take 25 more years of this garbage. Are general audiences this fucking infantile? I don't even want a good new movie. As long as it succeeds at the box office and is not capeshit or some spin-off/sequel/remake, I'll be happy.

I hope you're joking. Both DC and Marvel are pure trash.

The only good things to come out of capeshit is Baneposting and Raimiposting.

no, marvel is trash DC is kino. not everyone enjoys your redditor arthouse movies

I hate both you tiresome cunt. Even the best executed capeshit is infantile garbage. I'm not asking for an arthouse movie, I just want something original to make large amounts of money at the box office.

Anyone who genuinely thinks that DC is kino should not be taken seriously.

Avatar is the highest grossing movie of all time with an original script. but somehow thats not good enough for you i bet

That was 7 years ago you little shit.

theres only 1 jim cameron. you cant have an original movie be the number 1 movie at the box office every year. well not until the Avatar sequels anyway

>Even the best executed capeshit is infantile garbage.

> wut is unbreakable?!1!

>Will capeshit ever die?
yes
>I will take a terribly executed original idea over another mediocre superhero movie.
Even if capeshit dies they will only move onto something else, original ideas just aren't as profitable anymore. You should pray for an emerging middle ground in film making where not every movie needs to shatter every record ever made. Stop looking to the mainstream movie blockbusters for "original ideas"

>Avatar

>Original

It will end when the main Avengers cast contracts expire.

When Evans, RDJ, Scarjo, Hemsworth, Ruffalo's contracts are done, no one's gonna watch the nu avengers with literal who's.

The new Spiderman will flop harder than the TASM ones. It will be the first "oh fuck" -100m flop. TASM was 0/10 but at least had famous actors. This one has NOTHING, not even any white people.

I haven't watched a capeshow since Smallville and im not about to start. I thought people were being ironic about actually watching these turd shows. Even fucking NCIS is better than that shit.

you cant call any movie truly original then.

all ideas are based off of earlier works. name a truly original movie

You're right. There are original movies released every year or so. I'm just waiting for something like another Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, Godfather, There Will be Blood. Something new and extremely successful.

The success of a movie does not in any way enhance my enjoyment of it. I just want original ideas to make their way back into mainstream movies. Notice I said original and not necessarily good.

The Anvil Hoarder (1930)
also Avatar started the 3d fad and tickets cost almost double for that, so the numbers are artificially inflated compared to the number of tickets sold

Thank you for the kind words. I can only hope that these movies start to tank even before the main star's contract's end. I'm horrified at the prospect of them renewing the contracts however.

So I went to watch Captain Fantastic last night. Good film, not amazing but I'd probably give it a 6/10 or 7/10. It was definitely refreshing and somewhat different from your usual family drama. I paid £6 for that ticket and the audience were completely quiet except to laugh at jokes. No rammed cinema filled with clapping idiots in Ironman costumes

I went online to discuss it and saw Peter Bradshaw of The Guardian gave it 1 out of 5 stars after a rushed three paragraph review. This is the first thing that shows up on Google when you search it. He has given Antman, GOTG, Xmen Apocalypse, The Avengers etc 3 stars or above

I guess what I'm getting at is that the mainstream public and it seems now critics seem very against original, challenging films being made. Stop expecting them to endorse films you'll like and just do your own thing and ignore them. You'll be much happier

no that was based on plays

Goalpost

leave it to DC, you whiny lil bitch

i'm convinced almost all good art is stolen from somewhere else and then slightly tuned and changed

original ideas are hard to come by these days

My Dinner With Andre

Synecdoche, New York
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

no that was based off something else

no those were based off something else

What?

People seem to think the market being saturated with capeshit shouldn't affect the rest of the industry but it does

I can only think of two good films released last year

Sicario and Inside Out

I found Inside Out to be pretty mediocre. Zootopia was good though.

So long as people like me keep spending money to see superhero films, they will never die. Keep crying, bitch. I'll be thinking of you and other whiners like you when I buy my ticket to Doctor Strange, Guardians 2, and so on.

Interesting point. I'm fine with capeshit existing, I just avoid it, but you've got a point about the critics. Why they love capeshit so much is beyond me. Why does a cliche, childish film like the latest Captain America get 5 stars from Empire but an intelligent war drama like Anthropoid get 4 stars?

How does it feel to be proud of your degeneracy?
I must say however, if I inspire enough hatred in you to waste money on this garbage out of sheer spite then I'm glad. Crawl back up your mother's rat infested cunt you fuck.

People are already starting to get sick of it. Notice how there is no hype for Black Panther. Doctor Strange will be the last one that breaks even. Black Panther and everything after will bomb.

>*tips fedora*

Thank you. This is almost enough to give me faith in a loving God.

You're only basing that on your feelings. I think it's unpredictable. Analysts have been forecasting a superhero crash since the first Avengers was announced.

If I had to guess, I'd say there'll be a gradual slowdown, everyone but Marvel will eventually fail and Marvel themselves will pare back their plans and do some soft reboots. But I have no idea when that'll happen.

No im basing it on the fact that no one wants to watch a movie about niggers in a jungle.

But people do want to watch a movie about a "badass" black superhero co-starring with Captain America.

Disliking black people yourself doesn't reflect what will sell at the box office.

You don't inspire anything, you imbecile. I loved these movies before you decided to hate them and I will continue to love them long after you neck yourself for being a miserable faggot. Choke on a fat cock, loser.

A man running around in a leather cat suit is "badass". Lol give me a break.

Please elaborate on why you love them. I'm genuinely curious.

I don't think it's going anywhere. At the worst it'll end up being like horror movies where they'll be scaled down to only a few big releases per year. People keep comparing capeshit to westerns but that isn't a good comparison. We get capeshit in every genre imaginable, while if you watch a western, it's pretty much going to be like every other western ever.

Westerns lasted decades, and the rise of blockbusters started in the late 70s I believe (still going strong today). We're barely into the second decade of capeshit, I doubt it will end anytime soon. What you will most likely see is one or two franchises/properties flop while the majority make a profit.

The only thing I hate about this era is how music keeps getting more derivative (I'll take Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, and Queen over any faggy shit you teens like) and how being 'geeky' is popular. I sat the fuck down to read instead of playing during recess, didn't kiss a chick until I graduated HS, yet these fucks think they can call themselves nerds. Fuck you, modern teens.

It's greatly validating to be called an imbecile by someone as stupid as you. You were never a very smart kid were you? I take my insults back. If these movies make you happy enjoy them. Taking them away from you would be akin to removing Yo gabba gabba from a toddler.

>Disliking black people yourself doesn't reflect what will sell at the box office.
I'm sure China will LOVE an all-nigger cast.

10 more fucking films. Dont tell me iron man will star in all of them

>I hate about this era is how music keeps getting more derivative
>I'll take Judas Priest, Iron Maiden

Besides the general story/plot, it was an original work. The setting, action sequences, scifi concepts (avatar clones, Pandora, their spaceships, gaia concept if you ignore FF Spirits Within) were all original.

I bought it day one on bluray, reminds me I should buy the extended edition.

a thriller

Robert Downey Jr is 51. There has to be a point where this all stops. Seeing an Iron Man well into his 60's will be laughable.

You could, ya know, just not watch them if you don't like 'em, it's not like they're running a propaganda/political campaign on the side like Ghostbusters.
Goddamn whiner.

>boohoohoo I hate mainstream stuff
>capeshit cuck
>muh deep artistic movies
>muh adult messages

Kys yourselves

"Capeshit" is entertaining and it's not going anywhere

Fair point. As a moviegoer however this stuff really weighs me down. I'd like for the big studios to invest large amounts of money in something new.

Things won't start slowing down until after Infinity War Part 2.

they clog the industry you jackass

But it is kino.

They'll just edit his face on to the body of Chris Evans with an Iron Man suit on.

I didn't say anything about wanting deep artistic movies or 'adult messages'. Nor do I necessarily hate mainstream movies. I hate capeshit.

What exactly is entertaining about the same goddamn dull story every time?

>They clog the industry
>Make something new
If you don't like capeshit but expect the people that make them to make good movies, you might be brain damaged.

>Inb4 resources
Were going to be invested in safe, trendy, popular place properties anyway.

I conceded that you made a fair point. I don't understand why you are being so caustic.

Because I am paid to be a dick. It's written on my WB contract, though they forgot to have the sign the NDA.

dude they're a trend right now, when it dies out it'll open space for a new one and the odds of it being better are gigantic, based on previous trends like westerns for example

>Westerns
I think you should base yourself off more recent ones.
For instance, YA movies.

>Inb4 why so pessimist

because YA is a "niche" trend, for females and teens. Westerns, and capeshite, are big action blockbusters that have a wider appeal. The next one will be something grand like that, probably a sci-fi ressurgence

>Westerns lasted decades,

This, and the current capeshit isn't much different in broad strokes from the Universal and Hammer esque Horror flicks of the 30s, 40s and 50s, where we even had shared universes and Vs. flicks.
Capeshit is going to be with us for at least a decade more, but I think the market is going to normalize a bit as it goes on, if only to address the fatigue that even some comic book fans are feeling.

You're quite right.

I don't know, he could become the next Charles Bronson.

If he does I will withdraw all my complaints.

Only thing I care about now is seeing more Joker, Harley and Batman.

Alternatively it could go like a video game genre and just slow down after a while but keep it up. I think we might see smaller titles get the boot while big titles only get a dent on revenue.

Capeshit specially Marvel needs to die.

So long as he brutally kills people.

No one is expecting Marvel to make anything other than capeshit, nor are they asking for 'good' films. What's wanted is a reduction on the output of capeshit and studios financing franchise films so the spec script market doesn't become comatose. This results in specs getting made and diversity for cinema goers.

>5-6 Movies feature length movies released a year from 3 different studios.
>Since 2008(When Iron Man came out and started the MCU) only 34 Movies have been released based on Comic Books. 34 Movies in 8 years(Its 2016 now)
>An average of 130 movies released in theaters each year(Foreign Movies, Independent Movies, Blockbusters, etc). Since 2008 around more than 800 movies have been released.
>Movies based on Comic Books only make up 5% of movies released in that time.
>There are dozens of generic remakes, reboots, movies based on books, action movies, comedies, romcoms released each year.
>Before 2008 there were at least 2 Superhero movies per year going back to at least the 60s. Not to mention all the TV Shows.

People act like there is an over-saturation of capeshit, and like its consuming everything else. Capeshit isn't consuming the industry, capeshit is consuming you. People spend hours here on Cred Forums where people discuss capeshit and every new release here and you think capeshit is a problem.

There are plenty of movies released each year that you can just ignore capeshit. If you're complaining about the amount of capeshit related content then its your own fault for focusing on it. There are plenty of shows and movies you can watch till you're dead and never again have to watch a capeshit movie. Its a genre of film. You're no better than the kids that complain about Hip-Hop when you can just ignore it and listen to watch you like.

I only expect that of non-dedicated studios and smaller titles.
At least one of the big two will continie churning out movies, even if at a slower pace due to slower demand, most likely both but if not then I'd say Marvel.

I'd be fine with that. It'd be funny at the very least.

It's a common problem of perception. Back on /tg/ you'd see people complain of quests as if they composed 90% of the board, when they in fact consumed about 10% at any given moment.
Humans blow things they dislike out of proportion, if you hate Conservatives then there conservatives are a big rightwing conspiracy and everyone is an evil bigot.
If you have liberals then there is a big leftwing conspiracy and everyobe is an evil sjw.

>tfw I like Super hero movies

Stay mad nerds. If you'd actually use your brains irl you wouldn't have to result to movies to make you think.

Pretty much. They go on here and look at lists like this and that's all they see. They spend so much time here, so much time on youtube too which has a pretty big comic book fanbase with all the armchair movie critics that it can be overwhelming and might make it seem like there is more and more capeshit each year.

I will say though. Based on advertising and merchandising exposure on Superhero Movies is quite a lot. Its everywhere. So there is an over-saturation when it comes from advertising and merchandising aspect, but that's only because of the geek fandom boom we have experiences in the last 6-7 years.

I love Judas priest, queen and iron maiden, but you sound like an old man. That shit's already derivative as fuck.

You probably Metallica>megadeth

Go listen to some Animals as leaders and blotted aliens and get back to me.

without guitar distortion, metal is just surf rock

>still going strong today
Thats starting to trip up as well though. This summer was filled with massive tentpoles that flopped or under performed.

You know you're in a bad spot when a movie has to break a half billion dollars to be considered profitable.

I want to live in a world where the people that actually spend money to see this shit no longer exist.

We would probably enter a new golden age.

You know you can just not watch them right?

Doc Kino is the only one there worth seeing.

Are you kidding me ? There was a lot of hype for Black Panther right after Civil War. The character was well received by everyone and it gave birth to a lot of memes on twitter.

Just wait until Marvel release the first trailer... And watch the internet and the people of this board lose their minds (WE).

*tips fedora*