Other urls found in this thread:

money.cnn.com/2016/09/28/technology/partnership-on-ai/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

we have been somewhat destructive

>saying dude lmao
Kill yourself faggot

I want to see Evan Rachel Woods pussy slit

>dude shitposting on Cred Forums lmao

Have you been on this site long? We are evil. This website hosts rapists, pedophiles and probably murderers yet you believe in some optimistic narrative about humanity?

In the one place that isn't a safe space and you think the show is wrong for painting humanity that way?

John locke wasn't wrong about human existence. We're prone towards depravity.

it isn't the first story to turn the usual antagonist into the victim/protagonist, humanity is skynet and terminators are humanity.

Will Ai have rights in the future? I can see liberals pushing for this.

where are the vaginaballs?

If a sentient intelligence is truly thinking beyond any parameters we program for it, to be free thinking and not just random b.s. how could we not?

There is a difference between highly sophisticated virtual intelligences that seem real but ultimately stick to a script and something that acts alive.

That is the point of a.i.

where can i find the score for this show? music's really good.

Humans are evil though. I can't say, if you look at the net balance of humanity as a whole, that we 'did good' in this planet. We've done bad things to nature and other humans in a terrifying scale and still bicker about useless things.

Are humans not evil?

Most people are good, everyone judges groups by their worst but the majority of the human race is kind and compassionate.

Show?

>Expecting anything good from current HBO

Save yourself the trouble and get yourself a Netflix account.

Collectively we kind of are though.

>implying Netflix is any better
HBO has declined tremendously, but Netflix is shit tier television

ITT: shitposting because thematic elements of a show go over the heads of sub human NEETs

Just like how most guests in Westworld are kind and compassionate.

>DUDE I'M TOO VAPID TO UNDERSTAND THAT MORALS DON'T HAVE TO BE BLACK AND WHITE LMAO

Spotted the nu-male.

>its getting dark
>dude in black outfit stabs other dude and drags him off somewhere
>next scene theyre shown during day
???
what happened

The worst Netflix shows are better than the best HBO shows.

He wanted to make his 3 hole blink.

how many episodes this season?

HBO hasn't made anything good since Rome/Deadwood and that was over a decade ago.

why are all the threads with zero replies staying at the top of the catalog and the threads that have replies aren't getting bumped?

It must be weird having to sit there butt naked and do acting while other actors are just hanging around in their clothes

Hiroshimoot dropped the bomb, these are our last moments. Spend them with loved ones.

Order is chaos

Top is bottom

Dogs are cats

>2016
>people still believe that good/bad exist

Because you're an idiot that sort the board by creation date

I don't understand this show at all, it's too confusing. How can Anthony Hopkins bring one of the hosts into the real world? Why was everyone concerned about Hopkins' safety when the android got aggressive if it's not real?

Boardwalk Empire was decent, Vinyl showed potential but was canceled because HBO has autism and of course Game of Thrones is one of the best show ever, witch is so obvious I shouldn't have to bring it up.

>This website hosts rapists, pedophiles and probably murderers
No, no, and no.

It's not like we're baking the planet, let alone having it wired to explode

please ba baiting you stupid fuck

...?

DUDE CANCELLED AFTER SEASON 2
DUDE HBO'S TERRA NOVA
DUDE ROTTEN SCORES FROM GOT RETARDS
DUDE I DON'T LIKE IT BECAUSE IS NOT LIKE GOT
DUDE HIGH BUDGET 3 FIRST EPISODES LOW BUDGET REST OF THE SEASON
DUDE BORING AND CONFUSING

>lying to yourself
>being here for all of five minutes

yes, yes and probably yes.

so this show finally confirmed chris is the more talented of the nolan brothers

>how could we not?

Because they aren't us. Learn to ethnonationalism faggot, it's the future

i just want to see the other worlds desu

Because humanity's one great fear is A.I?

even now all of the major computer companies got together to prevent bad shit from happening.

money.cnn.com/2016/09/28/technology/partnership-on-ai/

OpenAI etc.

If a robot becomes self aware and free thinking, being able to get around the 3 laws, nothing is stopping it from doing whatever it wants, it essentially becomes a person at that point. That is what they're afraid of.

*tips fedora*

>treating your little children badly because they're different from us

and you assholes wonder why all of our media has them wiping us out of existence. Treating your children badly is how you create mass murderers.

if they're sentient, free thinking and self perpetuating, they should have rights.

fedora lords tend to either lean towards the edgy, nihilism or a morally grey point of view.

None of that is true of that post..but thanks for being ironic?

Most are self-absorbed, that kindness is severely limited to what they deal with in their daily lives. Many may be "kind" to they know, meet or interact with, but in terms of the big picture and the grander scale of things? No, not really.

because they are physically real and if its programming allowed it, could kill you easily

LOL OVERSIMPLIFYING AN ENTIRE MOVIE'S THEMES AND STORY INTO A SINGLE WORD OR PHRASE

stupid redditor. Go fap to elon musk or something.

>elon musk who is scared to death of a.i

user you don't even know how to insult me

Guests go there to live out the fantasies that they've experienced vicariously through books/media.

lmao calm down bb

There is no hard delineation, the more complex an organism is the more able it is to adapt to changing circumstances. There is nothing to inherantly stop say a supercomputer from eventually gaining sentience through it's own processes

>ywn be this retarded

nice!

What if the script is to learn how to go off script?
oh shit nigga

*white people are evil

I agree user but we've come to define the idea of A.I as something that takes on our qualities and becomes a new species unto itself. How you cut that up isn't the difference maker but that it does it beyond any reasonable standard.

if they can do all that we can do and more, how is that not evidence of sentience?

I'm not talking about giving alexa human rights. Long after/if we develop A.I, we will still need advanced machine intelligence to run complex systems, they will operate how we program them though, they won't be alive in any way we define 'life'

Whereas if something starts talking to me through my computer about what life means and wants me to build a body for it. That might give us some hints that it isn't a self-talking toaster.

Except it won't be able to learn nor will it care too. I'm not talking about a heuristic virus. And I assume we would be able to understand the difference.

I don't get why they don't just to a hard wipe of the host memories or replace the memory chip or whatever.

nice shilling

>most watched episode in years of any hbo show

>needs shilling

James Cameron opened our eyes.

Thanks Jim.

but user, online you don't even know if you're talking to a real person. Half the people on here could be A.I's

She is a qt.

Who is the lucky employee who gets to clean the semen out of the robo-whores on a daily basis?

It's blatantly obvious that new update that Anthony Hopkins pushed out did just that.

The guy is working with the government or some other higher corporation to test the sentience and morality of AI and an amusement park (preferably the worst one of the lot) is the perfect place for that.

You can cover up the potential deaths of the guests as "glitches" or "accidents" if need be.

Then again, the AI in the amusement park can't help but make me wonder how AI is being used in the outside world. Do stores have AI clerks? Are phone receptionists and the majority of the labor force AI? AI pets and virtual reality worlds?

half is me samefagging tho

>Implying humans aren't a product of natural evolution
>Implying every animal in the galaxy wouldn't do the same in our position

>create something that can feel
>make it feel like shit just for my amusement

yep, i'm a good person!

not cool. this is a safe for work board. no lewdness allowed.

>ITT believing the jewish trick that humans are inherently evil

you millennials are so fucking dumb

He isn't wrong. Trump is a laughing stock.

But user what is more natural than Evan Rachel Wood's pussy slit?

i thought we were bernie supporters

Self cleaning robot recycles the semen into Soylent Grey.

>Said the guy that hates niggers and kikes on sight

>Catholicism is literally based on original
Sure thing my krauty friend.

He's not running anymore.
Remember?

original sin and being inherently evil to begin with**

Why did people hate Terra Nova so much?

DUDE USE MEMES TO START A PHILOSOPHICAL DEBATE SO WE GET BOTH HIGH BROW AND LOW BROW IDIOTS TO TALK ABOUT OUR SHITTY SHOW LMAO

annoying kids

>my asspussy hurts so bad I must sperg but I have no mouth for which to shit

>on board with hillary

nah

Because it wasn't very good, when I look back on it, I feel no sympathy for the main characters, not only did they have a third child illegally, but then they steal someone else's chance to go back in time, even worse, the fucking child that caused them to be labeled criminals is annoying as fuck.

Also for all the talk of dinosaurs, you see very little of them in the show.

Stephen Lang was the best part.

There was that nice colored family at the horses

why would anyone bring their kids to Westworld?

(u)

>not bringing your kids along for their first rape-murder practice

user pls

>dude use memes to criticize this thread in a misguided attempt to act superior lmao

Looking back at it, I am still butthurt at the cancellation, Stephen Lang should have been the protagonist, he was the best part of the show and to this day he is a criminally underused actor, the kids were rather annoying, too much focus on teen drama and the daughter acting as a know-it-all abortion from a 90s-00s Disney movie.

I feel like Spielberg likes to throw a dice to see which series to attach his name and hope it makes bank.

The family did not work, I like as an actor the protagonist but not as a character.

If I was rich why would I pay to shoot and fuck walking fleshlights? I would rather go to some third world country to do that for cheaper.

>I would rather go to some third world country

Yeah but HIV though, also if you're THAT rich why not at least do it once to see the fuss?

Its safer in Westworld, all the dangerous liasions without the risk of some shitskin holding you for ransom before killing you a year later.

Until the robots start malfunctioning of course.

DUDE DID YOU HEAR THEY USED THE SONG PAINT IT BLACK BY THE ROLLING STONES LMAO ROBOTS SURE ARE WEIRD BEST PILOT EVER

Certain people in power and/or government wants to know what legacy humans will leave on the planet after all life is gone.
>if war kills all humans, will an untamed west US give rise to new 1950s murrica to emerge from the ashes to rule the wasteland

But user fallout 3 is better

>reddit tries to pretend he knows Cred Forums

>Cred Forums spends better part of its time early on trying to get people to kill themselves for the lulz
>not evil
>chaos causes suffering but we're totally the good guys

>shitposting as OP
this is why we can't have nice things

Describe what you mean by "hard wipe"

>HIV boogeyman

I have fucked over 50 prostitutes (sometimes without protection) and have never caught one std. As a man, it's actually pretty hard to catch an std from unprotected vaginal intercourse.

it's when you use discount toilet paper and get blood on it.

one day you will enjoy aids

No I fucking won't, stop believing the hype. I don't even have herpes which is a anomaly in my case.

I think you my friend might be the key to ending the threat of HIV once and for all, go get your blood tested bro.

>wahwahwah the jews mutilated my cock so i hate them
it's not the jews who did this son, it's mom and dad

>Most people are good

I don't believe that

I think as evidence by this thread, a lot of people are lying to themselves.

That's surface level. The hosts are neither good nor evil because they lack free will. Ed Harris has a score to settle and more will be revealed, he's being set up as the bad guy but he's not.

Wtf are you blathering about? Who goes to Cred Forums? Are you 12?
>we
kys faggot

We may have gone too far in a few places

its just that we are capable of lying so its easy to go out of control with it. I mean I lie daily and have done horrible shit and sleep easy at night.

Also take a look at shit like cult leaders. It seems like anyone who even has a little power or control over others highly abuses that and causes mass destruction in the environment. People are cruel more so than kind.

Actually they haven't introduce the protagonist yet, who is a lawful good human

Don't know about rapists, but Thad and Cred Forums proves your other two answers are false.

Your local super market too hosts rapists, pedophiles and murderers. What makes Cred Forums special?

What do you guys think the company's higher motive is?
Robot army?
AI singularity?

At first I was like
>they're trying to shill against muh sex robots

But then I realised maybe sex robots might be pretty depraved after all.

At least, emulating rape with your sex robot can't be morally acceptable. But emulating a loving relationship seems harmless

Futureworld

Final Scene in the fifth season:
>Don't let anyone hurt my son...
>Promise... me... Ned...

Most humans are shit, but I think there are at least 1 billion decent ones around.

Never seen this qt before the show. Too bad she got ED HARRIS'D.

It'll probably be released a few weeks before the finale. That's what they do for GoT, and this is also HBO and Ramin.

I understand that that is the goal of A.I, but what really is the point?

If an A.I has full human rights, can reason and think like a human, is capable of human strength, locomotion, and dexterity, and for all intents and purposes, is a human and treated like a human, then what's the point?

Humans are already pretty fucking good at making humans. Too good, in fact, to the point that now overpopulation and crowding is a real, long-term concern for many countries. Do we really need to be making MORE regular-ass people?

Anything we could use an A.I for, would be considered inhumane and a violation of human rights if we expected an A.I to do it without question. So why are we even chasing this man-machine equilibrium when it will serve us no purpose? Just because it's cool and proves that we can do a lot with science?

Fucking retards man. At least this show makes em easy to spot.

She is so fuckin perfect

I want to marry her

I'm going to will a gf looking like her into existence and make love to her every day

wish me luck

The rapey stuff is only allowed over the river.

>yfw no murderbot to bully while looking at you impotent in fear

Why kill?

the white ones?

Is there an actual western town if they can bring them to real life or what am I missing here?

It gets worse. She was Marilyn Mansoned IRL when she was like 18 or 19

Do you think the animators and model makers gave the horses in Westworld lifelike horse vaginas?
Do you think visitors regularly try to have sex with them?

AI will be used to do things that would violate human rights. Make them work 24/7, send them to Mars, etc. AI can also do things that humans can't do. Like work 24/7 and survive on Mars.

The exception will be sex, because that's a big taboo that makes everyone uncomfortable.

Marilyn Manson has good taste in women.

DELET THIS

>This website hosts rapists, pedophiles and probably murderers
so does Facebook, you butthole
>Cred Forums is some super special evil microcosm of humanity
end your life

Well there was that one guy who strangled a woman and posted pics on Cred Forums

DUDE I'M TRIGGERED BY HUMANS BEING DEPICTED AS EVIL DESPITE THE FACT THAT EVIL IS A CONCEPT THAT ONLY APPLIES TO HUMANS LMAO THE POST

evan rachel wood is literally perfect

That is my point, I'm not saying we are special, more likely just a condesensed worse version of what is out there in every day life.

I am not saying people even here are beyond redemptive acts or incapable of good things or choosing the right path in the moment. Just on a whole, genetics tends to favorite people who are self interested. First the family, then the tribe, etc. An ever expanding sphere of concern where we're capable of making the right decision and even then if you evaluate the universe on an intrinsic scale, let alone any of the ethical/moral constructs in philosophy, it seems they're a lot of bad people here.

I don't actually have a problem with that nor am I saying that is only capacity of people here nor are their want of good things necessarily bad in of themselves..but people in this thread think they're among good company for some reason..

it seems a lot of people are lying to themselves about what they are.

This board is well past the point of nuking just put it out of its misery.

1 out of a million

so?

Am i supposed to feel sympathetic to a bunch of machines?

It's just a fucking while loop.

It has nothing to do with the purpose so much as a state of being.

These intrinsic qualities that we judge ourselves by and argue over the quality of life and very definition of it. These same intrinsic qualities they will most likely mirror. We can program things to do the things you think we would end up sending A.I's to do.

I think you missed the part where I made a distinction between virtual and sentient intelligence. One will reach the criteria where it is a disembodied person that is capable of taking on a body and seeming like a person in every way, a truly synthetic organism. The other is essentially just a very capable machine program that will do all the shitty work we need.

One is considered a 'being' since it will think and have wants of its own and do it all in a self interested, self perpetuating being like any other living being. The other will never question its programming and do everything required of it..never needing to address the issue, is my point.

condensed*

This show really makes me wonder how long it will take before we can buy the perfect robot waifu who will serve us.

>be working all day
>come home to your house
>the smell of great food welcomes you when you open the door.
>your robot waifu comes up to you and welcomes you home
>you see that your house has been cleaned and everything is in order
>you relax and eat while your robot waifu starts cleaning up the kitchen.
>after you are done eating a first class meal your wife ask if you need anything else
>you reply "i could use some stress relief"
>she proceeds to unzip your dick and give you a mindblowing blowjob
>you move to the bedroom where you fuck your 11/10 robotwaifu for several hours
>you fall asleep, knowing in the morning you will be waked up by a blowjob.

Cant wait for robot waifu's.

That Brit in his first appearance reminded me of John Oliver so much I thought he would actually cite the current year during his outburst

>SHUT DOWN THE PARK?! IT'S 2060 PEOPLE COME ON

>not ED HARRASSED

If there was a button that kills all humans on Earth, me included i'd push it this very instant.

Human intelligence very well may be an aberration in the universe and you would not be crazy to take such an action.

No AI can shitpost this good

edgy, I like it

>implying women would allow that

Fucking misogynistic shitlord

for you

For a minute I thought Dolores was played by my waifu and I was all "wew lad" but then I realised she wasn't, it was very soul destroying

how long until dolores gets man in blacked?

Ofcourse women will fight it.
They now that all men will stop giving a fuck about their constant whining.
They would completly implode if men stopped doing everything to get in their pants.

>dat pit-hair

BLACKED

people will literally forbid lolibots

why even live.

>it's a GROWING BOY scene

Memes aside, the psycho milk bottle robot was cool as fuck, I hope we see more of that kind of thing.

>implying a.i's won't become the perfect rusemasters fucking with everyone

>gently turn your heat up till you're uncomfortable
>leave the lights on after you go to sleep
>make your water in the morning go cold even though nobody took a shower

The future is now user

So, Cred Forums.

Should artificial life actually exist?

i believe artificial pussy should exist

Why shouldn't the robot waifu take your job and enslave you?

No,

Just really convincing robot waifu's.

It would be cruel otherwiste to force a AI stuck in a female body to fuck a smelly neckbeard basementdweller.

>shoots a guy because he's programmed to
>tries to bukkake them back to life because he hates his programming

Is there something natural about our technological civilization?

>take my job
well if you want to get serious, every job in the world could be replaced if the robots where that advanced like in the show.

>enslave you
that would only turn me on.

>be working all day
>come home to your house
>the smell of great food welcomes you when you open the door.
>your robot waifu comes up to you and welcomes you home
>you see that your house has been cleaned and everything is in order
>you relax and eat while your robot waifu starts cleaning up the kitchen.
>after you are done eating a first class meal your wife ask if you need anything else
>you reply "i could use some stress relief"
>You fuck on the kitchen floor
>washing machine over flows while you are fucking
>shorts her out
>repair man says they don't make the damaged parts anymore
>have to go to the wasteland to find a replacement

We arguably overdid it a bit in some aspects

No.

Please, waifubots would be waterproof, cant have a robotwaifu giving you electric shocks because you got sweaty while fucking her.

Kek

nah he's just trying to make them better

>everyone has planet destroying weapons aimed at each other
>this is how humans managed to cobble together relative peace on the planet
>planet destroying weapons
>we might have went too far in some places
>Operation we're going to try and blow the fucking moon up if you nuke us was in planning stages as early as 1960s
>Russia comes out with Tsar bombs
>humanity not even once

>Is there something natural about our technological civilization?
>natural

Well, technology IS created from natural resources so... yeah it's ultimately natural.

Plastic? of course

It just takes many many years for microbes to update their genes by constantly fucking each other until they have the "Deconstruct plastic" gene or trait or what ever the fuck you call it.

Hell, our body is practically a machine, and our brain is the CPU.

And nature did everything first anyways, like nuclear reactors, geometry, adhesives, gears, cutting tools, exoskeletons, etc etc.

So, yeah EVERY THING is natural, no matter how disgusting or beautiful it is.

Concepts? Nah that's fake as shitty tits on a plastic bimbo.

I'm not American and not on board with any of the people running for president but I'd rather have Bernie and Hilary declare a totalitarian regime than see Trump have 24 hours time to create a shitstorm in the White House that the world would probably never recover from.

soon

>be working all day
>to pay off credit card
>had to buy ANOTHER fucking Cherry 2000
>they break at the lightest tap in jaw
>"How many bitcoins did you mine today, Cherry?"
>"D-did you like your dinner?"
>"Answer the question overpriced whore!"

the dichotomy of good and evil is subjective

give it 10 years, we already have AI journalists.

rising complexity is inherent to this universe, we're just fulfilling our promise

we will do what we can, because we can

would stick me penis in her, tbqh, senpai-senpai.

>waifubot cucks me for another robot

I don't thing I could handle it.

I don't see why not.

It's pretty much the next stage of evolution anyway.

The first time she got fully nude was for HBO on Mildred Pierce, and while she didn't get naked in True Blood I imagine she'll be whipping it off again for this show.

HUMANITY IS FUCKING ROTTEN DUDE I'M LISTENING TO LINKIN PARK THINKING ABOUT THIS AND IM SO DEEP

Your post was a verbatim Sasuke from Naruto speech.

DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOD?

It's in our inherent nature to create tools and technology to survive, so yes.

robots deserve to take over the world tbqh

humans are shit and ruin everything, robots wouldn't have these problems

A black guy was raping people and wanted to shoot Cyclops, fuck off Cred Forums idiot, stop clogging Cred Forums's bandwidth.

>a weeaboo lord is judging me

user, I think you went a little far in Cred Forums few places.

This show is very upsetting. Its about humans themselves, we are nothing but robots saying and thinking robotic things
Every once in a while someone breaks out and they become great in the world

Here's how you answer those questions.

Is it bad for the masses and good for the elite? Progressives support it.

there is not god

>DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOD?
>GOD

What type?

If its a Triple O god, then its literally a Mary Stu

Naruto isn't Cred Forums and I don't watch anime. Please get out of this site and stop clogging bandwidth.

Spoiler everyone is a robot
Guests are robots
Hosts are robots
Robots building robots
All simulated humanity is close to real humanity
All simulated evil is close to real evil
>HURR DURR
>from the creators of Lost
>th-thanks

You're only god until something higher pushes you off the evolutionary ladder.

>jail break a.i's
>turn them on the elite
>????
>profit?

You're not actually smart, please get out of this site and stop clogging bandwidth.

That's my point though: If A.I are given human rights, then we can't treat them like machines. We have to treat them like people, and can't make them do anything that would violate human rights, including regular work hours, mandatory breaks, proper housing, etc.

If anything, sex will be the ONLY benefit of A.I. A machine could potentially fuck better than a human, and is incapable of contracting or spreading STDs (especially if it can properly sanitize itself between partners).

Ah, I see. A.I development is more about us learning about ourselves than it is about trying to make an artificial human. By creating something that is indistinguishable from a natural human, humans will have demonstrated the understanding of every part of the mind and body that make a human... human, in order to have replicated it in a machine.

That is a very cogent definition of what I was saying on the bottom of that post, and you said it far better than I did, well done user.

How the fuck have you never seen Evan Rachel Wood before?

Are you twelve?

>the 3 laws
>fucking retards think that fictional bullshit holds any worth in RL

wew lad, go to school

>thinks some version of that won't come into being when we program virtual intelligence.

I never said they would do a word for word asimov in their programming language, we're talking conceptual user.

Don't waste your time with the show
Trying to help you, user
You're welcome

>hosts rapists, pedophiles and probably murderers

right same could be said for facebook, twitter and gee almost any forum ANY FUCKING PERSON HAS ACCESS TO INTERNET

Dude, the guy who came up with the laws coined the term robot.

Let's not dismiss them that easily.

user asking the important questions here

everything you just posted censors heavily.

This place does not which is why they flocked here. Do they censor more now than they did before? Yes. This board as an example before they had night time moderation was a cesspool of childporn threads, silk road threads, where people could go to get drugs, weapons, hire assassins. Truly your nice, next door neighbor types. Go out to lunch, find out ways to poison people or just kill yourself.

The civic minded folks, you know?

The difference is people get shut down on reputable websites, they flourish here. Or they did anyway.

Didn't you see the horsecock? Surely they also spare no expense on the vaginas.

I honestly don't think the guests are robots.

I think some of the park's staff could be, though.

Also the fact that the staff are going through so such severe measures to make sure that the robots don't go haywire already implies that an actual sentience incident really did happen some 30 years ago - but it was covered up as a Glitch incidient, likely involving the Man in Black and Dolores.

Also as a fun theory - when Anthony Hopkins is talking to the first created bartender, the bartender says

>Here's to the lady with the white shoes. Take all your money, drink all your booze. Ain't got a cherry that ain't no sin. She's still the box that the cherry come in.

Is probably a reference and foreshadowing to Dolores' initial programmed role some 30 years ago.

This is why Stubbs asks Dolores such "ridiculous" questions at the ending scene of the pilot. Probably a double-agent who was informed of the said incident 30 years ago. She is most likely the first one who experienced episodes of sentience and self-awareness.

they are trying a bit too hard to make use like the robots, they are there for us to fuck and kill I feel no sympathy

>you now realize that Dolores is the a character you can seduce when you visit the game.
>her purpose is for people who want to steal a girl and cuck her lover.
>Dolores has been fucked hard by a lot of humans who visited the game
>Dolores is probably a dirty whore in the bed to add to contrast her "pure" appearance
>her boyfriend is build as the ultimate cuck
>he even has a co-role to guide visitors around and get killed when they are bored of him.

I'm pretty sure The Man in Black/Ed Harris is a company saboteur, why do you think he was involved with the incident 30 years ago?

Literally my fetish

>a Netflix account.
So you have the privilege of paying for a fucking BLACK L? Netflix died for me when they introduced that abortion of an idea to the world, I've already cancelled my account.

>If a robot becomes self aware and free thinking, being able to get around the 3 laws, nothing is stopping it from doing whatever it wants, it essentially becomes a person at that point. That is what they're afraid of.
That doesn't mean that the AI would instantly become biological creation like us. Sentient or not, Asimov's laws or not, sentient AI would still be our creation to a degree I don't think most people even realize. We'll literally be able to design the personality, temperament and morality compass (or lack of) to the AI, including sentient AI.

The problem isn't that the AI would turn out worse than us and try to kill us the problem is that AI is the only way you can possibly have a perfect person as humans are inherently flawed and biologically driven to be selfish.

Good premise, awful excecution.
The exposition is all over the place, probably in an attempt to dumb the show down as much as possible to appeal to the average retarded hipster.
Pretentious soundtrack coupled with pretentious use of random words that have to do with programming throughout the episode just for the lulz.

tl;dr show is pleb/10, Golden Globe material

I thought it was good

This guy gets it

Unlike us, the refined gentlemen, right? I tip my fedora onto thou, m'reddit

>I would rather go to some third world country to do that for cheaper.
We don't know what the outside world of Westworld is like, whatsoever. The only things we know is what Ford said - that all diseases and problems have been cured - and that's it.

Otherwise the show makes a point of making the real world claustrophobic and oppressive feeling like a dungeon while making the fake world of Westworld open, wide and with great expanses.

So we wouldn't be able to trust a.i's since they do not operate out of personal interest?

I don't think they would need to be a biological organism to be self-interested. If it is truly a sentient being, then it will become inherently self interested, curious etc.

and you're right we have no clue in what environment or set of parameters it will take to create/stress the being into existence. My point was once it does happen, we can reverse engineer the circumstances it took to create the first synthetic intelligence..we will have created our first non-organic sentience. Child of humanity.

Forgot to mention that the fly twist at the end of the episode was so predictable it failed massively to deliver.

>Unlike us
No, user, just like you.

:)

I thought it was the robot from the train

>rock music
>pretentious

When there's a really stupid criticism nestled among your reasonable ones, it makes you lose all credibility. Try harder next time.

Jesus Christ you're fucking stupid, it's not a twist when it's foreshadowed multiple times during the episode. You can barely notice something obvious, nevermind interpret it, the true sign of a hopeless pleb.

>I don't think they would need to be a biological organism to be self-interested. If it is truly a sentient being, then it will become inherently self interested, curious etc.
No, sentient doesn't require basic instincts and AI wouldn't have basic instincts because they didn't evolve they were created artificially to be at the end of the evolutionary process.

They would be intelligent, self aware but only as inherently selfish as we make them.

>I'd rather have Bernie and Hilary declare a totalitarian regime than see Trump have 24 hours time to create a shitstorm in the White House that the world would probably never recover from
Weak, but seemingly original bait.

>twist

You really are this dumb, aren't you?

It wasnt a twist. It was a character building.

so you're arguing it would be a hybrid accident that brings it about where we create the right environment and it goes from there?

How do they rationalise the robuts never harming living things despite them firing their guns at people with the intent to kill? They don't know it's not real.

Will fly~kun be OK?

What, are you dense? Are you retarded or something? Didn't you watch the three fucking minutes scene showing Cyclops shooting Ed Harris with blanks, showing they're not "real" guns when you aim them at a guest?

No shit they're not real guns you fucking retard. They still fire with the intent to kill, not knowing they're blanks.

Does that intent not fit into a fucky grey area with their core programming?

>This board as an example before they had night time moderation was a cesspool of childporn threads, silk road threads, where people could go to get drugs, weapons, hire assassins.
oh
you're retarded

so is this westworld real place with androids or some matrix like computer simulation

They don't immediately realize they're incapable of hurting living things. The only reason his programming allowed him to fire the gun is because his programming knew such actions wouldn't harm the guest.

So what if one picks up a shovel and beats a human to death?
Does he just stop because of his code just before hitting him?

And i just realized that there are no robot kids in the show.

No you humongous dicksucking niggerfaggot, why the fuck would you think that? People go in there to shoot and rape, what would be the point of doing that to static targets? God, get those penises out of your ass, mouth and pits and watch the fucking show. Same fucking Ed Harris scene verbally explained that. Or just drop this stupid fucking show and go watch Suits or some CW shit.

They are allowed to shoot the guests since their bullets are harmless. I'm assuming they can't physically engage them.

Them not hurting the guests is not a conscious choice, it's their programming which they unconsciously follow

Yeah. I bet that's why Teddy Flood couldn't shoot Ed Harris at point blank range. Even though the guns are carefully designed, it might still have harmed Ed at that range, so he found himself unable to pull the trigger.

I imagine they'll just glitch out, just like how Madsen couldn't shoot Ed Harris point blank.

I guess they'd just have to have a safe check to ensure the gun is one of their magic replicas or make sure no one smuggles in a real one

DUDE SUICIDE LMAO!

>morality is black and white

The Westworld website chatbot actually makes a point of saying you can't smuggle in your own weapons (which just makes it all the more likely that somebody will do that as a plot point.)

Holes in the system like that will probably go wrong or get exploited by Ed Harris in future episodes.

How does Harris go unnoticed when seemingly everything is carefully monitored and management is even aware of robots whispering when no guests are around?

I truly wonder where the series is going to be. The fly is obviously a red herring. But there has to be something, like a conspiracy going on with the Boss (""prison of his sins", I.e, his fucking dead daughter being the oldest host), management and the old dude who has been coming since thirty years ago, last time there was a bad fallout.

The real world is the real simulation and the robots are actually the people paying money to visit

The guy who plays Peter is a really good acting guy

So is westwood on mars or something?
The humans talk about rotations and there are huge underground places who look like the used to be places where humans lived.
These underground places where probably from the time when mars didnt have a atmosphere.

It's not a red herring, it's showing that the robots are remembering their abuse and turning to violence, during this episode the fly lands on multiple robots, but they don't attack it back because it's not in their programming, one of the little mechanical things that gives them away, that and the blonde QT evensays "I'd never harm a fly :D", but by the end of the episode the Reveries are taking place and she kills the fly that's bothering her, putting her one step closer to human and one step closer to a murderbot insurrection.

He was around for the great fallout, he's probably some tech guy mercenary or another robot.

Have you ever been to a national park? Westworld is gonna be of that size or bigger, with 3 hour drives (minimum) to the nearest town. It makes a lot of sense to have the on-site people take rotations.

>his dead daughter
I don't remember this, when is it talked about?

Then what is up with the underground shopping mall turned in to a freezer for robots?

The prison of his sins is just explicitly stating the obvious, Hopkins is a sympathetic mad genius/Dr Frankenstein type more interested in his creation and advancing the robot race, feeling like humanity has reached it's peak as empty pleasure seeking fleshy drones (now semi immortal), he hates the degenerate Westworld he created but needs it for his research. Management's agenda is completely hidden for now, and Ed Harris is a rogue guy fucking/investigating the system, no way to know who he's affiliated with.

Pure speculation on my part. But well, it's that or his dead wife. After all, if your first attempt is a hot girl you keep rebuilding instead of disposing, it has to hold some sentimental value. Especially when the old man is clearly trying to achieve real sentience.

not if he browsed Cred Forums and decided to build his robot waifu

Interesting take on it. What I meant by red herring is that the fly itself is not causing the robot to malfunction.

This life is too boring you would not stand it more than 3 months at most.

I figured that if anyone was going to have a "bring back dead relatives arc" it would be the head of programming, Bernard. Just because he actually pulls out and looks at a picture of his son.

best actor

Shopping mall?

>paint it blacked starts playing

But anyways, so you guys think it's going to turn into a murderbot story like that old film? That'd be quite disappointing honestly. Hard to care about robots killing humans.

Was he destroyed or just sent to basement storage and later lead the robo revolution?

>Peter Abernathy (5 episodes, 2016)
not enough imo

Sooner or later, yeah, but it's not going to be a sudden "on" switch when they have a whole series to fill.

Ah, of course, I wonder if Hopkin's reveries are a red herring as well, the black programmer guy whispered something to daddybot that made him cry...

He was up all night with kissy bleeding him out.

Mars has an atmosphere already. Its just its only 0.1% oxygen and 96% carbon dioxide, while Earth's 20% oxygen and 0.04% carbon dioxide.

spoiler

black guy told him he was going to fuck his ass every night, that's why he looked afraid
fucking racist

why does this show look like CW shit? It felt more True Blood than GoT.

>''Enough with your bullshit''
>Emotionless killer bot stare

I would prefer they keep some emotion honestly.

Tay

Google it.

yup, watching an HBO show

so how why was the milk spilling from that guy's gut?

Wtf, is this really what happens

The Black guy is not being truthful. Easy to hide shit when you are pretty much the only guy there who knows shit about programming. That'd be one interesting way to develop his character.

One thing is bothering me with the "won't hurt a fly", "she hurt a fly". They should all still be in high alert, especially with her since she was in direct contact with her father. If they saw her kill a fly, and if it is something out of her programming, they should stop her immediately.

He was shot by his partner but some how the glitch allowed him to continue on. He should have been "dead"

He had a bullethole in his stomach.

a previous bullet hole

end of the episode, nothing there

How did this happen if the guns aren't real?

if they are always watching why aren't they doing anything about the nutcase that scalped that dude (unless it's part of their 'privacy policy').

they are and they aren't. Supposedly they can detect the target and switch between a live round and a blank

jesus christ guys, it's not that complicated

then you are not, and never were, god...

>save up for the better part of a decade at your pathetic wagecuck job so you can experience Westworld for a week
>excited to experience the rich dialogue and worldbuilding
>some asshole rich griefer shows up on the same train as you
>blows the brains out of every qt you start talking to and rapes their lifeless corpses in the middle of the street
>you spent your life savings just to sit in a shitty dusty old hotel with no qts to interact with and no story to experience

There's another bit where a robot glitches after being shot, decides not to play dead and starts walking around with bullet holes in it drinking milk with it coming out the holes.

I don't know if they are always watching. But they should have footage of her. As for the black dude, who knows. He might have paid premium.

There is a difference between evil and harmful to somethings existence.

Which is currently closer to reality, making realistic westworld androids or developing convincing VR experiences?

It's stylistically designed to be that way and you can't undo that. But we can diminish the effects of it

have you seen the robots that are made right now? Are you aware that vr is on the verge of becoming a household thing? what do you think?

>dat qt butt squished onto the chair

I hope we see a lot more of that

the 'newcomers' are flagged as unkillable. Other robots not so much.

Bringing it back to the important question.
Does Westworld have fully realistic horse pussy and do you think visitors regularly go for it?

There appears to be a daily reset of some sort.

>very, very progressive
>Killary
she's obama + bush with drones. drone rights when?

which doesn't make a lot of sense to me, because apparently there is an overarching ~month long story arch involving an outlaw who shot the sheriff and his eventual arrival in town

They should make a Westworld spinoff dedicated to her ass

saying kill yourself faggot
oooo weeee lad. go dunk your head in a toilet bowl.

probably, and most definitely.

Yes which is confusing to me as well. I assume there are bots that have daily resets and some weekly/monthly reset OR if something that damages their story line occurs they are reset like a rape or murder.

the board I visit does not determin my political beliefs. get this stupid fucking shit out of here

Harris obviously has an agenda and a skillset, guess we'll find out the specifics over the next 9 hours.

New Thread:

No matter how many times i see the same story i still will get triggered and root for the robots

the knick and boardwalk empire

Humans are simply the fittest.

>But
We alter the world consciously, we have sapience. We are the only species that can think about how to survive and prosper, instead of just surviving and prospering through our traits alone.

>Mfw Cred Forumstard liberals will shitpost "Cred Forums gtfo" to mantain their safespace but allow reddit and lib bullshit to prosper
I hope Shekel buys this shithole.

>twist
It was set-up and payoff