WHICH ONE IS BETTER?

>WHICH ONE IS BETTER?
strawpoll.me/11362849

Let's settle this once and for all.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11139179/r
youtube.com/watch?v=XzKYNZY9Hpk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Only wannabe pretentious manchildren pick Alien. It's a good movie but Aliens blows it out of the water.

I concur

Only fuckheads who like their ears shattered by an utterly useless token child character pick Aliens.

You sound insecure as fuck.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaah!
Why can't I think both are great?

>let's give Ripley a plot device to protect because we're lazy as fuck screenwriters
yeah that was dumb

World doesn't work that way son

i prefer prometheus

here's your (You)

Alien > Aliens

disagree = reddit

Alien was a good movie and gave me an oviposition fetish.
Aliens was just a good movie.

jesus
did that cow got saved?

Alien is better because the xenomorph is scary and intimidating and not just cannon fodder. Also it has likable, realistic characters in stark contrast to the annoying space marine faggots that make you end up cheering for the xenos to slaughter them just so they'll shut the fuck up

If I want a space marines vs aliens movie I'll watch Starship Troopers which is 1000 times better

>you mean the only the most refined people pick Aliens for based Hudson

Why are you comparing a space horror movie to an action/adventure space flick?

Alien is one of the greatest masterpieces ever put on film and a groundbreaker to redefine both sci-fi and horror, it's legacy and influence is still present to this very day.
Aliens is an great action movie with likeable characters and intense situations. It's a fun popcorn movie.
Even if Aliens is an entirely different movie it doesn't even come close.

because both movies a very related to each other

Alien would still be good if popcultural osmosis hadn't completely ruined the facehugger and chestburster scenes for everyone.

both are good but go for different direction

i personally prefer the first alien because it's more spooky

Alien 8/10

Aliens 3/10

You can't seriously consider aliens a good movie unless maybe you saw it back when it was released

I'm bewildered by all the love and adoration for Aliens, it's such a bad fucking movie. Almost unwatchable, actually

Le hi le reddit

>cow
That's a horse you stupid twat.

Alien = Tense, Horrifying, nightmare
Aliens = Le epic space marines & quips

it's a real opinion

stupid characters, horrible cringe-inducing dialogue, nerfed xenomorphs, bad plot, it's shit all around

>People hating on Aliens

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! STOP HATING WHAT I LIKE!!!!!!!!!

I voted for Alien and I definitely don't hate on Aliens, it's a good movie, I just prefer the atmosphere of the original. Aliens is just a little bit too formulaic for me. Still a good movie. Same with T1 vs. T2.

While I agree that both are great but Alien is better, there's no denying the profound and lasting effect Aliens had on scifi and popular culture. I would say that it had an even greater influence than the first.

Aliens is scarier, has the better atmosphere, better characters and group dynamic, better sets and effects, better production values, everything about it is simply better.

Idiots. It's a donkey

REAL POLL: strawpoll.me/11139179/r

definitely a far better match-up

Alien is great horror monster movie with great acting, atmosphere, really special and the novelty of the cycles of the Xenos is amazing

Aliens is a great action movie that also still holds up, everything from start to finish espacially rolling out with the marines is comfy as fuck, acting, characters, action all great, just don't like the dumbed down alien concept however the queen in the end still looks great and isn't some dumb CGI monster which just jumps around.

Seriously the T-rex from JP and a lot of other monsters from the 80's and 90's look so much better than the CGI we have now in 200m dollar budget movies, for me it's about suspense of disbelief, we see these new CGI creatures do all kinds of things we know are almost borderline retarded.

>survives numerous days with xenos before a squad of (objectively) useless marines arrive and get slaughtered by the hour
>slams a patronizing Ripley hard for talking shit about a piece of plastic
>shows people how to survive when they're moping about outside or being hunted

Mostly wrong opinion disregarded.

all of those reasons you listed only make me hate her more, Newt confirmed for worthless shit character

Speaking of worthless, Newt would probably punch Lambert's cunt in.

youtube.com/watch?v=XzKYNZY9Hpk

It's ok to think both are great, but surely one edges out the other JUST A BIT right ?

Watch your attitude.

Alien beats the living shit out of that run of the mill action flick that is Aliens. Bite me, faggots.

Aliens is unwatchable

I think it's watchable, just barely. If I ever watched it again I would skip all the space marine scenes, they ruin it

I like Alien more, both are amazing though

As much as I enjoyed Aliens, Alien scared the shit out of me in a nerve-racking way that Aliens wasn't able to achieve.

The cat fight at the end of Aliens is just silly. Aliens is a corny dumbed down sequel.

Aliens is garbage.

>wannabe pretentious manchildren
People who wants to be pretentious manchildren?

>I only like mature things for mature people such as myself

Alright Timmy.

Notice how it's always plebs saying Aliens is bad? Never people who know their shit like professional critics or actual film aficionados. Not even Reddit is that dumb. Only the morons on Cred Forums manage to reach that level of spineless ignorance.

>pleb using "film critics" as a defense calling other people plebs

can't make this up folks

I like them both. It isn't really fair to compare them because they both tried to be something different. Alien is the atmospheric, mysterious horror film. While Aliens is the loud, 80's action movie. James Cameron knew he couldn't top what Alien did so he decided to take it in a different direction. I love them both for what they are, but I find Aliens to be more entertaining to watch while Alien is more for moody contemplation.

(you)

>I heard Alien was considered better so I voted for that: the thread

based

Literally why I voted for Alien...still haven't watched either film

Yeah because they are such obscure movies amirite?

>Alien has discussions about the bonus situation
>Aliens doesn't