What are Cred Forums's opinions on Hackers?

What are Cred Forums's opinions on Hackers?

Other urls found in this thread:

io9.gizmodo.com/5795217/why-do-so-many-former-cyberpunk-authors-now-write-dark-fantasy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I watch it unironically for the visuals. I genuinely enjoy how shitty it is. Everybody is so busy being hip as shit these days...as in having a laissez faire attitude to pretty much everything. This movie brings back the ridiculous nineties expectation that the youth was fucking "xtreme" all the god damned time. Frankly that shit is hilarious to me.

Greatest cult film of the 90's and one of the most fun, rewatchable and quotable movies ever made. Lovable characters, hilarious dialogue and on top of all that it has the ultimate cyberpunk waifu, webm related

It has an absurdly good soundtrack. The shot from the airplane to Halycon and On and On is magical. I don't think I'll ever get over the scene where the villain skateboards while hanging onto a limo.

H A C K
T H E
P L A N E T

The Plague is a wonderful villain, I also love the part where he skateboards through the office and slaps a girl on the ass while at the same time sensing that another hacker is near

Hackers is fantastic. I rewatch it about once a year.

>tfw you will never hang out with your hacker friends at Cyberdelia

I know that feel

Don't you have some videos to edit, Lawrence?

Sweat cool illusion.

I remember watching Hackers as a teen in the 90s and loving every minute of it. It felt sexy, futuristic, dark, and edgy. It's weird how now it seems so bright and optimistic, I miss the 90s. We live in dark times post 9/11. All the promise of a cyberpunk future have been flushed down the toilet, we got all the negatives with few of the positives. It's no wonder that most of the great cyberpunk writers moved from cyberpunk to dark fantasy, because cyberpunk became real.

Great stealth cyberpunk movie.

>we got all the negatives with few of the positives

Sad truth.

HALYCON AND ON AND ONANANANA

I always think of Mortal Kombat when I hear this song

Guys, guys, guys...

I'm in...

this thread gave me feel

Just you and me Lucy.

>cops taking all of his equipments
>he gets distraught about them taking his moniter, but not his tower
what did they mean by this?

Some people tried really hard on this movie, and some people didn't.

Hackers is good, fun schlock with lots of laughs and you get to see Angelina Jolie's titties.

The scene where the villains girlfriend (and some sort of exec at the company) tries to get him out of bed by calling him by name and he responds with "call me the plague" cracks me up every time.

Also the corny jokes like when crash says "pool must've sprung a leak" get me

I love the line Plague gives when the FBI guy shows him Zero Cool's file, takes one look and goes "ugh, hard copy"

So many great lines in this movie

Blink and you'll miss them

Mr. The Plague

Who here actually plays Wipeout?

this movie is so fucking great. must have been super fun to make too

>All the promise of a cyberpunk future have been flushed down the toilet, we got all the negatives with few of the positives. It's no wonder that most of the great cyberpunk writers moved from cyberpunk to dark fantasy, because cyberpunk became real.
fuck

It's far better than other h3ckeR shit shows like Mr Robot.

io9.gizmodo.com/5795217/why-do-so-many-former-cyberpunk-authors-now-write-dark-fantasy

Cyberpunk was always dystopian though.

It was always a mix of good and bad, I think. Also much of what seemed dystopian back then is just another day in paradise now

What was the good? There was the benefits of technology and the fashion (I guess if you like that). You do have the benefits of technology now though.

*Also electronic music. That's huge now, too, just not the '90s techno that was huge then but other forms of electronic music like dubstep and whatever.

Yes, that's exactly the problem, we're living in the cyberpunk dystopia. You might argue, "Hey dude, I'm not living in Bladerunner LA with huge flames spurting into the sky, sexy androids dancing with fake snakes." Well, the world we live in is the ascendancy of corporations as the power structure of our world, when historians look back to our time it will be referred as the "Post-Nation State Period" when national laws became subservient to multi-national corporations, and laws became tiered (one set of laws for corps and another for "citizens"). Nation states were a fairly new phenomena, beginning with French Revolution, countries entered into a modern phase of existence, language became a major new definer of place (hence the Pan-Slavism and Pan-Germanism movements of the 20th c.). The main issue is that as things stand today, CEOs and other corporate officers already live as trans-nationals and have no allegiance to any given country, hence why they are pushing open borders and equalizing salaries around the world. People have lost their human inalienable rights, but it happened so slowly and progressively that nobody noticed. This is the cyberpunk reality of our time.

awful awful movie about awful people
I want to shove that toothbrush up that dick in the mouth's ass

terrible, simply terrible

Well it is inherently dystopian, but it was always presented as something seductive and desirable as well. Everything is just fucking cool and sexy and cutting edge. Have you never fantasized about being a badass cyberpunk living in a Blade Runner-esque city? I know I have

They envisioned a 21st century that as it turns out, isn't near as awesome as it seemed in the novels and movies that are set in it

>I hate fun
okay, we get it

>Have you never fantasized about being a badass cyberpunk living in a Blade Runner-esque city?
I guess kinda, but not blade runner dude. That world looked like hell and I'd never want to live there.