So who's he?

Ed Harris

White guy pissed about #blm

The Gunslinger.

Peter Weller

that nazi sniper

no i meant like man or machine

his role is " The Man in Black"

obviously a customer who's been going there for years and wants to find out the "deeper secret" westworld that only the management knwos

it looks like they're trying to portray him as a guest. he's obviously a host though and most likely the 2016 version of yul bryner's character.

CIA or NSA

then why bullets did nothing to him
>b-but hosts cannot harm guests
yes thats why they wouldnt shoot at all

he's the guy

If he's a robutt that'd be a really cheap twist considering that all robutts are supposed to be monitored and rebooted regularly. Unless Ford is being his usually kurayzee self and decided to put in an unleashed model under a guise of a visitor

He told Dolores he's been coming to her for 30 years.
Black programmer said the park hasn't had a critical failure in over 30 years.

Host gone rogue?

he dat gorilla downy dick dat make dyke pussy wet
nd if u dont blow him right now
he might kill u

all those gunshots he took wasn't obvious?

Nah, If he were a host then the scientists would have taken him in for acting strange like they did the others

he said he had been coming to westworld for 30 years, it was also said that there hadn't been a major incident in westworld for 30 years. There's got to be something to that

then why no one from staff cares about him

Roman Reigns?
Sam?

>tfw you're trying to have a comfy old west experience and some old edgy faggot is running around shooting and raping everyone

plot convenience

>The Man in Black

fixed

Maybe they assumed the rapes and murders where actual guests.

they monitor every fucking thing
there has to be more to this than 'didnt see lol'

hes johnny cash

They watch every one fucking the robutts?

I think I got it.
He's a host that when rogue 30 years ago, the bullets just bounce off of him because he's an older model of robot back when they hadn't given them artificial blood and the ability to die. The reason the lab hasn't gone after him is because when they tried to 30 years ago he ended up killing some humans (maybe Indian guys son?)
But since he's a bot he's not allowed to leave westworld and that's why he's cutting off skulls and shit trying to find answers and how to leave

Ed Harris is such a likeable guy this is the first time he has been able to truly pull off true evil.

Gotham's reckoning

If he is killing humans, they would definitely destroy him. Also the other scientist is black not Indian

What about Enemy at the Gates, he hanged that kid, sure he was two timing traitor and deserved it..

Why is Keith David doing the voice questioning Dolores in the opening sequence, but when we see the actual scene of the questioning it's some other actor?

Evan Rachel wood makes me happy in my pants

>that nazi sniper

you mean The Truman Show's creator/director/writer.

he was pretty fucking menacing in history of violence

The producers already explained the hosts' guns are loaded with synthetic bullets of some sort. They kill other hosts, but only sting a little on guests, except when they're shot in a completely unprotected area like the face.

That's why Teddy easily shot Ed Harris several times in the chest but couldn't pull the trigger when he had a shot at point-blank in the face.

You're tonedeaf is why, he's not doing any voicework credited or otherwise in Westworld.

One episode and you're already criticizing the show writers.

For fuck's sake, please an hiro

That's a red herring. He's human, Dolores is gonna be the gunslinger and the reverie updates are going to bring him back into her consciousness. he's a survivor of the original incident looking for answers or revenge.

Well it's either him or someone who sounds very much like him.
But either way, it's not the same person questioning her later in the episode.

He's our guy.

You're half right, it's the black scientist doing the voiceover and a different guy later.

you mean the train driver

i thought he wants to start host rebellion or something like that
he was at dolores' place and then next day dolores' father finds photo
maybe he left it?
and what would be the point of him telling hosts theyre not real? maybe he wants them to remember it and start questioning westworld

>But either way, it's not the same person questioning her later in the episode.

Well at a guess it's probably some basic questions they always ask her as protocol when she's brought in for repair/diagnostics

this guy gets it

He still wasn't truly hateable there. More like a worthy adversary.

All the chucklefucks saying he's a host are brain dead or trolling.

He's just a player who is obsessed with the park and with Dolores in particular. If he was a host that was smart enough to know where he was, he would be smart enough to leave as well.

He is the good guy, he actually didnt rape Dolores as the episode suggest but awakening her memories past.

That's what I chose to believe anyway until I'm proven wrong in the next episodes.

Now this is an interesting theory

Where would the fun in that be?

The weapons can't be real or else Guests shooting Guests would be a major problem. They have to be some kind of low impact BB gun or laser tag thing that the environment and Hosts react like getting shot while Guests just experience a gentle impact, like when Ed Harris was getting shot, and are expected to role play getting shot.

>If he was a host that was smart enough to know where he was, he would be smart enough to leave as well.
He was trying to figure out how things worked when he scalped the black guy.

This
I would be so pissed

>try to woo Dolores
>Ed Harris shows up out of nowhere and cucks you

He's an original robot that escaped and has come back impersonating a human.

Everybody in the company thinks he's just another loyal customer. Maybe Anthony Hopkins knows but nobody else does.

No, the original robots are disney animatronics tier.

you missed another detail
management said there hasnt been a critical failure in 30 years
he says hes been going to the park for 30 years

It's been open 30 years.

Perhaps he is some super robot that Hopkins built but realized was too lifelike/intelligent and subsequent robots were purposefully dumbed down

My questions are: regardless of whether he is a human or robot, is he (1) actually breaking any rules of the park and (2) is he being tracked by the management (who seem to have sufficient technology to do just that) and/or are they aware of whatever it is that he's doing?

>is he (1) actually breaking any rules of the park
We have no indication of that.
>(2) is he being tracked by the management (who seem to have sufficient technology to do just that) and/or are they aware of whatever it is that he's doing?
He might be, but they've got a bigger mess to handle right now. A guest running around being evil the way guests do isn't necessarily going to draw any particular attention.

Also Dolores was Anthony Hopkins's wife or daughter or something since she was the first robot

>she was the first robot
They didn't say that, they said she was the oldest in the park, the mall basement is full of first generation models that could have been in place before her.

>We have no indication of that
it's a theory thread everybody is just making things up

well she has some connection to Hopkins either way hence their conversation in the trailer.

how do they deal with this kind of stuff?

>finally want to try out hunting bandits with sheriff
>some retard shoots sheriff as soon as he leaves the train
>i can still go to the saloon
>he shoots barman and all the whores
do they refund money or something

The Man in Black is the Gunslinger

I imagine that couple that got freaked out in the saloon when the bandit flipped probably got a refund.

It appears that they have security scattered throughout in disguise to stop such a thing, but I wonder why they didn't stop the one crazy milk guy

This would be lame as fuck.

>try to woo Dolores
>Ed Harris shows up out of nowhere and cucks you

He wasn't raping her, he was manipulating her code/hard drive.

Perhaps both?

a powergamer

Dolores is literally the first robot and as advanced as the others

no?
shes oldest in the park not first

Bwana, juju-man come. Tarzan!

Because she's been repaired with more advanced hardware so many times.

They clearly said she was the first host.

Basement contains retired units, not likely prototypes.

Real question is...who of the human cast is actually a host?

No they didn't, here's a screenshot for you, dumdum
>she's the oldest host in the park
Implying she's the oldest model that still works. Probably because she was so popular (all dem rapes mang) they kept updating her with new hard/software

he did LITERALLY nothing wrong