It's happening!! Will they whitewash it? Will they still have Eddie Murphy play the dragon?

It's happening!! Will they whitewash it? Will they still have Eddie Murphy play the dragon?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/37425447/disney-accused-of-brownface-over-moana-costume
youtube.com/watch?v=6i5ZCu6akPA#t=1m21s
washingtontimes.com/news/2016/sep/7/disneys-princess-jasmine-wont-be-showing-as-much-s/
youtube.com/watch?v=G7z74BvLWUg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Are they going to cast Scarjo as Mulan too?

We need to campaign to get a black girl cast.

The ensuing Tumblrite civil war will be fun to watch.

Mulan isn't an android but knowing Disney yeah.

Which white actress will be cast as Mulan?

>Eddie murphy as a live action dragon
>The scene where mulan has to use mushu to ignite the firework thing

How is this working out

These live-action reimaginings are getting out of hand.

Idris Elba should play Mulan.

I'm willing to bet Kevin Hart is gonna voice Mushu.

Rock as the evil big hun guy

I hope Beauty/Beast bombs so hard it ends this stupid shit.

>Which white actress will be cast as Mulan?
I don't care, I just want to know which black bull will be playing Shang.

emma watson would be much more fitting as the giant evil mongol.

Mulan should be black to more progressive.

I guarantee that if a white actress gets casted as Mulan somehow Cred Forums will spin it into Mulans animated character was always "drawn white" or some bullshit.

dont give a fuck. ive seen the story. this has nothing to show me.

didn't cindarella already do th-
>95m budget
>540m worldwide

fuck

>live-action #Mulan

The only way to argue against that is if mulan had been drawn in this style,

The Last Airbender 2 - Electric Boogaloo

I look forward to the scene whee she denounces arranged marriages, despite being willing to do it in the disney version for the sake of her family's honor

I hope they cast every movie from now on with nothing but white cops. Yes I want to watch the world burn.

The actors are going to have to be Chinese and the movie is going to have to take place in China. There is no way Disney can whitewash this movie. However,this also means that all the characters will be speaking English, since Disney's main target audience is America. This movie will also get a Chinese release date though. So are they going to have to have a Chinese dub of a movie set in China? I'm confused.

Why is Hollywood so intellectually dead that a live action remake of a cartoon is the hottest thing they can conjure up.

>Will they whitewash it?

of course not, though having Shang whatever the fuck his name is played by a white actor would improve it 100%. Mulan can stay Asian of course

>Will they still have Eddie Murphy play the dragon?

the celebrity comic sidekick trend has been dead for a while and should stay dead. just remove the character entirely

now that I think about it many things about Mulan should be changed. it was not a well-written story. music sucked too apart from let's get down to business, and even that was more catchy than actually good

>There is no way Disney can whitewash this movie

>Mulan was released in 1998

Different times, man.

>Budget $90 million
>Box office $304.3 million

Different times, indeed.

Clearly drawn almond-shaped eyes, round face with flat features, and a sallow complexion is harder to argue against than Pale skin+generic anime female face #11237

how do we stop the eternal mouse, Cred Forums?

It's a "Disney is out of ideas" episode.

TLA wasn't Disney. Disney is pretty heavily SJW. They're not going to whitewash a movie set in China.

this

>people think whitewashing is the only thing Disney has to worry about

bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/37425447/disney-accused-of-brownface-over-moana-costume

Disney is being accused of racism after revealing its new Moana fancy dress costume for children.

The full-body suit is designed to look like Maui, the Polynesian demigod, voiced by Dwayne Johnson in the film.

It features traditional Polynesian tattoos, a grass skirt, a bone necklace and brown skin.

It has provoked criticism from people claiming that Disney is appropriating Polynesian culture and promoting "full-body brownface".

>incoming EDM remix of Lets get down to Business sung by Demi Lovato

Step back from your whitewashing complaints you whiny gooks and niggers, and recognize that they're butchering Mulan by making a live action version at all. THEY FUCKING KILLED MY MULAN

We can't

Ironically one of the most ardent anti-Semites in Hollywood history was superseded by the Jewiest Jews to ever Jew

i prefer Once Upon A Time's Mulan

also she's a lesbion

JLaw as Mushu

They won't whitewash it.

The whole reason they're making this Mulan film is so they can do a whole show and dance about how diverse it is, and they chose Mulan because it's their least white movie and also they can contrast it with Ghost in the Shell not casting a whole lot of Asians and Doctor Strange having a white lady instead of an Asian guy with Mulan have all Asians except maybe the dragon's voice.

Will this appease anyone? No. People will always complain.

where were you when milan was kill

pic

not gonna happen
beauty and the beast will probably have post credit scene with cinderella visiting belle and the beast (he'll have an eye patch) talking about "THE FABLES INITIATIVE"

then the post-post credits scene with gaston discussing the plan with maleficent to destory fairy land.

Such a believable man

youtube.com/watch?v=6i5ZCu6akPA#t=1m21s

Hope the movie is in Cantonese

>mfw they cast her as a white male

christ you have some bad opinions

I hope they cast some Korean actress as Mulan, causing massive butthurt in China.

>Mulan is their least white movie

nigga you ever heard of Aladdin

Oh yeah. Aladdin, too. My bad.

Thing is, Aladdin has a lot of problems, like how Jasmine dresses in the movie for one. And the big controversy was about "Asians not getting parts," not "Middle Easterners not getting parts."

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if they casted a tranny

Arabs are caucasoids.

washingtontimes.com/news/2016/sep/7/disneys-princess-jasmine-wont-be-showing-as-much-s/

>X is/isn't white
These aren't discussions worth having, but knock yourself silly arguing it with other anons.

Absolutely no way disney would whitewash it.

However I bet the sjw's will still get up in arms about something, along the lines of "Just because the live action Mulan has an appropriate cast, it's still problematic and here are 10 reasons why"

The baddy will be a non-Chinese Asian and people will implode

WTF I hate Disneyland now

No seriously, they're depriving young boys (or girls, who am I to judge) of so much self-discovery

Whitewashing literally doesn't exist in Hollywood. There is only blackwashing. When in the last decade or so has there ever been a Hollywood movie where they whitewashed an ethnic main character?
>inb4 scarjo in GotS
the Major was never asian.

That was exactly what I was thinking of.

Original movie had some controversy back in the day over a song lyric saying Agrabah was "barbaric" (even though Agrabah is a fictional place) and the skin colors of the good guys being lighter than the bad guys (they always looked pretty much the same to me). No clue how it'd go down today, in a world where Islam is way more traditional and conservative than it was in '92. I imagine there's people out there who wouldn't be too pleased with characters saying lines like "praise Allah."

Mulan sidesteps a lot of that crap.

"Human sexuality is something to be ashamed of and women should be covered up." - the modern liberal

"But for a middle eastern guy, I think Aladdin looked kinda white"
-P.O.S.

More like modern Amerifat

Now that would be progressive
>White christian meat eating cis-hetero male playing asian taoist(?) female who is trying to be asian male.

isn't that shitty primetime soap already doing that?

>And the big controversy was about "Asians not getting parts," not "Middle Easterners not getting parts

You haven't spent enough time in Britain.

Asian is the polite way of saying "brown", regardless of where they come from.

>You haven't spent enough time in Britain.
Disney isn't a British company. It's mainly an American thing.

How about Atlantis - The Lost Empire? That's actually worth a live-action remake.

Who cares about Britain?

They'll remake Song of the South before Atlantis

Fuck that shit!

"""Asians"""

No!

Our music teacher showed that to us when I was 10 or something and holy shit what a borefest!

>live-action aladdin
>anti-muslims hate it because they're muslims
>muslims hate it because the characters aren't ultra-conservative muslims
>nobody's happy

Plus China is the biggest non-American market for movies so of course you make a Mulan movie.

None of them will care.

What the fuck are they thinking

Here are some guarantees for this movie.
>Mulan will be played by a half Asian half white actress. The Asian half being Chinese isn't necessary and Disney is willing to take any backlash they get for this decision
>black and white actors will be cast for motion capture and voice work for her ancestors/Mushu
>Yao Ling or Chien-Po will be raceswapped and will be waved away as a traveller who wants to join the army. If not them then an original character will be made for Mulan to befriend because they are also an "outsider"
>Ming Na will be cast as Mulan's mom

>Live Action Mulan

No. No, No. NO.

FUCK.

>live-action aladdin

> can't use real life locations because the female crew and cast keeps getting physically harassed and assaulted by sexually retarded man-children.
> can't use real historic sites because mudslimes have been destroying their own culture and history since the beginning
> oh, you're making a disney movie? lolno, islam prohibits all non-religious music

Live-action Alladin would be a green screen shit show.
also
> no Robin Williams for Genie

these are kid movies
they will never bomb. disney is done making new movies. It will only be remakes.

>live-action
>dragons
come the fuck on

even if robin williams was alive today, he wouldn't do it again
HE FUCKING HATED DISNEY. he hated them so much his will states that not even outtakes can be used in the future films.

You mean like Frozen, Maleficent, Big Hero 6, Wreck-it Ralph, Tangled, QUANG of Katwe, and Tomorrowland?

>post yfw they throw in a darkie because it's 2016

This movie will be a nightmare for /tvpol/
>Disney will cast one character as not asian
>Tumblr and Twitter will unleash a shitstorm
>/tvpol/ either has to side with them or admit they were just the exact same when some fictional white character got raceswapped

T O P W E W
O
P
W
E
W

They could get the Japanese chick from Suicide Squad which would be a typical Hollywood thing to do. They don't seem to give a shit what type of Asian is cast since they figure that their audience can't tell the difference anyways. If they were smart they would cast an actual Chinese chick to appeal to Chinese audience.

Corporations are only doing what they believe will safely net them a profit now. Risk taking does not fall within the model of mainstream movie making anymore.

they are going to cast jennifer lawrence

With the amount of money she demands for a role now it would be a waste of budgeting. I don't see why anyone would want to cast her after that 43 million dollar disaster she pushed last time.

Race washing is fucking stupid no matter how they do it.

risk taking never fell within the model of mainstream movie making. The mainstream has always been utterly adverse to risk.

Even star wars was, originally, people realizing "hey this is successful formula + successful formula, but updated!"

Hollywood is still under the impression that Star power sales movies and there isn't an Asian actress that has star power.

Jackie Chan will be the Emperor

Calling it

Isn't Disney really autistic about their princesses crossing over?

Like at one point they weren't allowed to be looking at each other on book covers or other merch

>live action

Why?

>looking at each other

IMPLIED LESBIANISM

Disney is obviously trying to get at the chinese market

I haven't seen Mulan in several years, but I'm calling this now:
>Mulan will be played by a half Asian actress (Chloe Bennet? Idk any others, could be a nobody)
>Mushu will be voiced by a prominent white actor with a distinctive voice/personality and will be included heavily in marketing (think Robin Williams but not dead)
>supporting roles are filled with the list of like 10 Asian actors who ever get any work (Ken Watanabee, BJ Wong, Tao Okamoto, maybe Kuhtahna, Sulu)
>one or two characters race swapped to black (Played by Morgan Freeman and Denzel)
>MAYBE just MAYBE one character swapped to white, if so played by an actor loved by the masses (like Clooney or something)
>Asian extras

This. Kung Fu Panda made SO

MUCH

FUCKING

MONEY.

You think they'll pass that up?

It's a shame that Zhang Ziyi is too old.

>>Mulan will be played by a half Asian actress (Chloe Bennet?

I didn't want this until you posted it

Now I really want it

Sure. I remember all the /tvpol/-posters defending whitewashing. Oh wait...

Are you saying CGI dragons would make it not live action?

By your standards there have been next to zero live action blockbusters in the past few years

The only Mulan

Are you one of those people who thinks Disney makes every cartoon or animated film?

best animated disney right there.

at least no one will be expecting the live action to live up to the original

You know, that could actually work....

Britain is irrelevant though, it's a market roughly the size of California+Nevada. The US and China are what matters here.

>Are you one of those people who thinks Disney makes every cartoon or animated film?

Ever since I learned that PotC was based on a fucking roller coaster, I just assume....

youtube.com/watch?v=G7z74BvLWUg

Mainly because there aren't really any other Asian female actresses fluent in English out there.

Remake the 90s Disney renaissance movies into live action for nostalgia.

They should cast a black actress so the Chinese will appreciate more the diversity.

Oh sure, try that shit to appeal to a people that are so racist that they even hate other types of Asian.

I'd be happy to see them all Chinese. I think a Chinese director with Disney sensibilities could make a really cool, interesting take on the Mulan story.

>tfw the only asian country disney will set a movie in is China

Come on guys you are doing one for Hawaiian culture, please branch out and do some for the Japs and Koreans