What's the best Godzilla movie?

What's the best Godzilla movie?
Is Shin Godzilla worth catching?

Other urls found in this thread:

bitsnoop.com/18-godzilla-godzilla-vs-biollante-e-q1089391.html
torrent.cd/f623a2f82b5543f400d3b33cd0bc34c1792c143f/Godzilla vs. Biollante 1989.torrent
extratorrent.cc/torrent/3586976/Godzilla.VS.Destroyah.1995.1080p.BluRay.x264-SADPANDA [PublicHD].html
bittorrent.am/download-torrent/2294951/100/Godzilla-Toho-Ultimate-Collection-(Hx3).html
youtube.com/watch?v=q4pRNdflSC4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Here try this, your opinion may vary obviously, but anyone who hates Final Wars needs to go off-planet.

The first one

Yeah if a theater showing it is close enough to be convenient.

Any of these actually good?

I enjoyed the original 1954 one and the 1998 remake.

I struggled with every other movie. The 2014 one was one of the worst films I ever saw.

Opinions vary. Stop being such a faggot.

Shut the fuck up

No, you shut the fuck up.

where the fuck can I find these?

there's probably a huge torrent with all of them out there

that'll take forever i just want to watch Destroyah and Biollante

watchfree.to

For me, it's the original followed by GMK

You know you can select individual files in a batch torrent, right?

too bad no one seeds this shit

They seed it good enough for my shitty internet, haven't had a problem getting them all.

This is the best recommendation image on Cred Forums ever. Actually informative and grouped thoughtfully.

Even if I never watch any Godzilla, I saved this. Thanks.

>no twin towers

only torrent ive found is dubs which sucks

Yo, switch to Legacy captcha already

I've got my browser set to erase all that crap every session. Too lazy to make an exception or change it every time.

I rarely post anyway, lurking is superior mostly.

>Is Shin Godzilla worth catching?
It's a fucking joke.

Why do you say that?

>mfw hype is truly setting in
I'm going to see this on Tuesday. Literally the ONLY showing near Salem, OR is a 7pm showing at the Santiam on the 11th. That is it. No repeat showings, no next day showings.
This is pretty much your go-to for kaiju goodness
Godzilla v Biollante (1989)
Dubbed - bitsnoop.com/18-godzilla-godzilla-vs-biollante-e-q1089391.html
Subbed - torrent.cd/f623a2f82b5543f400d3b33cd0bc34c1792c143f/Godzilla vs. Biollante 1989.torrent

Godzilla v Destroyah (1995)
>extratorrent.cc/torrent/3586976/Godzilla.VS.Destroyah.1995.1080p.BluRay.x264-SADPANDA [PublicHD].html

best one senpai

Fellow OR bro with the hookup! I think I'll be seeing it Tuesday as well.

I'd jump on Fandango asap (if you haven't already). With that being the only showing outside of P-town I'm sure tickets will be scarce

>No Shin Godzilla release in the UK

Doesn't look like there are any repeat showings in Portland either, Hoping tickets will still be available friday.

No shit? Damn, Funimation is playing the conservative game on this one. Reminds me of when they did their limited theatrical run for the Eva Rebuilds. You had to be in the right place at the right time to secure a single showing

damn bro thanks
any links to the mega collections?

If you're interested in serious, Kurosawa-like drama and social allegories then watch:
Gojira (1954)
Rodan (1956)
Return of Godzilla (1984)
Godzilla vs. Biollante (1989)

If you like over-the-top monster fights and campy sci-fi then watch:
Mothra vs. Godzilla (1964)
Destroy All Monsters (1968)
Terror of Mechagodzilla (1975)
Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah (1991)
Godzilla vs. Destoroyah (1995)
Godzilla: Final Wars (2004)

If you like experimental genre cinema then watch:
Godzilla vs. Hedorah (1971)

If you're a man then watch them all chronologically. It's pretty worthwhile if you think you're into this sort of stuff. There's plenty of torrents out there.

I've watched every version of every film at least twice. All Godzilla films have two versions: the original Japanese and the International dub, and most Showa era films also have an American dub/re-edit. For first viewing the Japanese originals are probably the way to go. If you don't like subtitles in you're monster wrestling matches then the American dubs for the early films are generally the way to go, just be warned they almost always heavily edited the film for U.S. release. If this bothers you then the International dubs are Toho sanctioned dubs that run the same length as the original Japanese and don't edit the film at all. They're generally pretty okay but the International dubs do get significantly worse into the Heisei and Millennium series.

The American AIP/Titra dubs can be a bit hard to track down in decent quality but there has been a lot of fan restorations that can be pretty easily tracked down on TohoKingdom etc.

times like these im grateful to live near SF, always at least two or so theaters showing these kinda things

>tfw near a major market
I envy you m8. I'm just grateful I can catch the single Salem showing. Friday pre-order opens on fandango so I'm thankful I can at least see it before the inevitable 1 year wait for home release

I gotchu bro
-Godzilla Toho Ultimate Collection
>bittorrent.am/download-torrent/2294951/100/Godzilla-Toho-Ultimate-Collection-(Hx3).html
I'm working (albeit slowly) on a BDrip reencode of the entire collection. I'll drop a link when I finally finish it

what sources are you using for the BDrips?

i had to fucking drive two hours to see the only showing of resurrection of f and that every seat was filled. they're not very big on widespread screenings apparently

Criterion full disc rips for those available, digital 1080's for the ones with digital releases. There are quite a few Heisei & Millenium era films that have yet to receive this treatment so I'm likely going to use the dual audio international copies and clean them up a bit. This has been a year+ long project but it'll be worth it to give some love to my public tracker bros

I caught Revival of F in the same manner. had to drive an hour north to Portland (the same theater that does the yearly midnight screenings of The Room) and, like you said, it was a single showing with a packed house. Well worth it desu

>I gotchu bro
>-Godzilla Toho Ultimate Collection
>>bittorrent.am/download-torrent/2294951/100/Godzilla-Toho-Ultimate-Collection-(Hx3).html
Holy shit! You rock user

>bittorrent.am/download-torrent/2294951/100/Godzilla-Toho-Ultimate-Collection-(Hx3).html
it's just a bunch of shitty rips, why not just post the 720p mega pack?
it's not 1080p but it's still a whole lot better than that shit

Toho released every Godzilla film on Blu-ray for the 60th anniversary. They have to be imported though and cost about ~$40 each.

I've been slowly building my own collection (don't know if I'll ever upload). I'm trying to acquire the highest possible quality releases of each version of each Godzilla film. So far my sources are mostly a combination of U.S. blu-ray releases, Japan blu-ray releases, German blu-ray releases, and fan reconstructions (mostly for the U.S. re-edits). Currently I'm trying to find all the Super 8mm home releases of the Showa films. I'm also in the process of building an extensive special features library, which may require me to eventually buy all the Japanese blu-ray releases as their special features are vastly superior to the U.S. releases.

Once I've completed this I'm thinking of tracking down dubs and re-edits from other countries, e.g. Germany, Malaysia, Philippines

I immediately assume people with entry-level (no offense to him) interest in Godzilla will want the basics with minimal size. If he indeed digs it then obviously he'd want to get the entire set or the ones he really likes in hq

But I agree entirely. Most of these rips are lower quality with 4:3 aspect ratio but they'll get the job done for a casual fan with budding interest.

My issue is that alot of these high quality imports are hard to find without private trackers. I'm working on it though; I'm pleased with the progress I've made.

I'm doing full rips to maintain the menus/art/spec features as well. I've used a few fan re-edits but I'm trying to keep this endeavor "pure" i.e. avoid complaints from downloaders who don't know how much work goes into these projects.

Your physical collection is god-like m8.

>1998 remake

u wot?

>1998 good
>2014 bad

The one where he fights two giant Turks.

I'm curious if RLM is going to see Shin Godzilla. Based off their 2014 review it seems like something that might be up their alley.

>For me, it's the original followed by GMK
Same, except the other way around.
I still haven't seen them all yet, but I have a good feeling about Shin from what I've seen.

Where will shin be added?

Godzilla 1984, the OG Japanese version.
The seriousness of Gojira '54 mixed with best effects of the Heisei era and a Cold War theme.
Aside from that, probably Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla for my cute pilot waifu or Godzilla vs Destroyah for how climactic and amazing it was. Had a bit of everything Godzilla.

Next to 54 since it's a new origin

here's hoping it gets leaked

One of you faggots must record the film in good quality so we 3rd world people cab watch it.
Please.

:^)

link pls senpai

I think 54 is by itself because you're supposed to start at the VERY beginning.
Shin would probably be best right beside Return (85).

don't know. got that from /m/

if you want more clips, just type shin gojira in youtube. first results are a bunch of spoilers in general

But Shin isn't tied to the 54 film at all. It's a completely new origin. It wouldn't make sense to put it anywhere but next to 54

but he is correct, user

> Dark: The Movie feat. american soldiers feat. Mutos with a cameo of something like Godzilla

No need to thank me

>Is Shin Godzilla worth catching?

youtube.com/watch?v=q4pRNdflSC4

Best Godzilla films?

- Mothra vs Godzilla
- Ghidrah
- Monster Zero
- Godzilla vs Hedorah
- Godzilla vs Biollante
- Godzilla 2000
- GMK

>Ghidrah
Here you go Mr. Amerika

Best poster art here

your local library

I find this film to be a very uneven effort. The serious tone really clashes with the more juvenile-like elements that were standard at the time. Also the film was further damaged by the the human drama lacking the strength of Honda's earlier efforts and the limited amount of monster action.

Libraries are so cool. My local library has movies to check out and best of all a flight and tractor simulator

My favorite as a kid was Godzilla vs the Smog Monster. As an adult I'd say it was probably a tie between the Smog Monster and Mechagodzilla 2