youtube.com/watch?v=n0IuGWXGadY
youtube.com/watch?v=CZzAG1f-HEM
youtube.com/watch?v=g8hp_P7wrYE
youtube.com/watch?v=8_NmxgdYUpk
youtube.com/watch?v=2nvnk4cooxU
youtube.com/watch?v=a7hzX7HEQU8
youtube.com/watch?v=CRXyWtv-huc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Motherfucker, this one got me good as a kid when I saw it in theatres. Still remember my dad laughing at me in the theatre and after the movie.

But I saw him cry when Bruce Willis died in Armageddon, so we're even.

link pls?

youtube.com/watch?v=W1fzzkZdU-8

start at 0:57

Jesus fuck this whole movie's soundtrack was intense as hell and the build up to this scene had me like a shivering fuck.

Friendly FYI, senpai. If you right-click on the video while playing, you get the option of copying at current video time.

Which movie?

You and your pops sound like a couple of bitches

No.

Signs

Fuck man this one is traumatic

I also remember seeing the omen remake in theaters back in 06/06/06, shit movie btw, but there was one jumpscare where he's in a graveyard and a dog on a chain jumps at him out of nowhere that got me good

I gotta agree with these

cool photo desu

just watched it

knew it was coming the whole time, still scared the fuck out of me

This got me so fucking much as a kid, I don't know why.

youtube.com/watch?v=HRAjzK75M0U

Also, this one is done very well

youtube.com/watch?v=zH8ynu0jRvY

I saw this on youtube. I never understood why it scared people so bad lol

Delet this op plz

>But I saw him cry when Bruce Willis died in Armageddon

Thanks, asshole, I was gonna watch that for the first time tonight.

Don't do it.

not just saying
>t I saw him cry on the end of Armageddon
asshole

Don't be knocking on my memes, fuck boy.

I almost had a heart attack.

>horror movie
>character finds a corpse with something that he/she is looking for
>tries to reach it
fucking hate it when that happens because I always know what's foing to happen next

speaking of which, does anybody know that one movie where a chick finds a basement in the house walls when suddenly she sees a dead woman with a cloth on it which she mistakenly awakens and chases her in the house's walls until her murderous boyfriend appears and puts the dead woman down?

it is. nothing caught me like that one despite it being obvious as fuck

what is this?
kek

>what is this?
mulholland drive dumpster monster

What makes this scene work so well?

It's literally you, watching a guy watch TV, who then sees a jump scare.

There's something weird direction-wise that's going on there.

Mulholland drive. Its actually not that scary if you just see it but in the context of the movie and with the soundtrack backing it its crazy scary.

Jump scare comes unexpectedly, you literally knew you will see the alien cause the reporter announced it.

Dumb idiot.

VAMONOS

it's because of the build up. it's a testament to how great lynch is, where he basically transcended Hitchcock with that one scene.

There's one scene in Lilo and Stitch where they're having a quiet charming moment than BOOM a fucking gunshot comes out of fucking nowhere with that Bounty Hunter chasing Stitch.
I fucking jumped in my seat, I nearly had a heart attack.
It's not even a jump scare, it's just a sudden loud noise following a quiet scene.

Lots of tension leading up to the alien reveal, soundtrack of course, screams of children. I'd also say there's a claustrophobic element that aides the scene since Merrill was watching it in the closet.

That movie is old as fuck man. It's your own fault for not having seen it already.

So what?
I still never even saw the Matrix or Titanic.
I'm working on it, okay?

Then go watch The Matrix. You can skip Titanic.

VAMONOS

>youtube.com/watch?v=zH8ynu0jRvY
This one is pure shit.

VAMONOS

Fucking pleb. Go back to watching the dark knight rises or some other meme shit

The drive-by and mirror scenes in Jacob's Ladder are scary/creepy as hell.

This gets my vote. Scared the shit out of me when I saw it as a kid

I think the biggest surprise in cinema history was when Darth Vader was Luke's father,
or Mufasa died.

this movie sucked, and this scene wasnt scary at all

What about that Bruce was dead all along?

What movie is this?

The Descent has the greatest jump scare in cinema but its full effect is contextual so you should watch the whole film.

I seen the entire film.
Which part are you talking about?

What movie?

this one is good I guess, not too scary

youtube.com/watch?v=M7Yu8jCrJeg

does anyone remember the movie about the black/red face demon thing that appears behind a girl?

The nightvision jumpscare.

youtube.com/watch?v=LBtHBWs0__g

Pet Cemetery: Zelda's death scene

you talking about the one they spoiled in the trailer?
I really liked that movie, but when I watched it in theaters I think the parts that got me were the rock climbing scenes especially when they were squeezing through tight spaces. I felt like I could hear every water in that cave

*water drop

Prepare to wet yourselves

That one scared the living crap out of me.

Ringu did it better.

No ass

This is the best one in existence.

Can someone post a link or a webm or some shit?

Yeah, I heard the American trailer did that, pretty shitty thing to spoil the audience experience like that.

No, faggot. Watch the movie. It's not as effective out of context.

What do you think I'm made out of fucking time?
I'm dying, just post link.

One of my biggest scares was the damn god fucking car crash scene in Enter The Void.

People recommended me this movie for taking LSD.

I was a mental wreck after that scene.

>pic related

I don't know why but Signs scared the living shit out of me when I saw it in theaters when I was a kid,
Like I've seen it once. Have never been able to watch it again. Years after I saw the movie I had recurring nightmares about the movie. And THIS scene... It honestly wasn't until recently that I was able to get over this fucking movie.

Yeah man that scene fucked me up too.

here's the full scene
youtube.com/watch?v=UozhOo0Dt4o

>the alien appears in Brazil

I couldn't sleep for a week

Fuck that shit.

I couldn't enjoy the rest of the trilogy because I was on edge expecting another jump scare the whole time.

What I love with this scene is how gratuitous it is.

Thanks famalamdingdong

I got to the wall scene and pussied out.

I'm too much of a pansy desu baka

Insidious?

GOAT of all GOATs

>the movie was filmed in my hometown

This was best.
This was masterful.

This one was really effective when I first saw it.
>Oh I've seen the original I know what's going to happen next NOPE
youtube.com/watch?v=7wtIBaV8fWk

Nah. Jesus dying in the Passion was way more of a shocker.

How does that shock you?
He dead in real life, how wouldn't you see that coming?

That is quite literally the joke right in your fucking face

you guys are a bunch of pussies, you got scared by a fucking man in spandex? kek.

This, it's the worst because that scene makes you feel so calm and cozy and then FUCK

And then they pull that shit again two more times throughout the movie and it's just as spooky every time

try watching the whole movie

youtube.com/watch?v=H5aeCFSrm3I
youtube.com/watch?v=TuCPgG7bKEg

i have a horrible flashback

Not today, Satan.

Remember that jump scare from the The VVitch when that witch jumps out of her hut and grabs the boy? If you seen the film you should. It was the only scare in the fucking movie.

LEO DIES, OK?

Who the fuck is Leo?
Is that the main dude from the Matrix?

>nice spoiler you faggot

I can't watch this alone.

Even worse was the American ending. Fucking producers.

I think the alien on the rooftop scene in signs made me jump more.

hank hill booty

I don't know why people pick this as the scariest moment from signs. It's on a television, halfway across the world.
This was much scarier because
1) You can tell it's humanoid but non-human without getting a lot of details
2) It happens at the start before you even know it's an alien movie so you aren't expecting it
3) It's in the immediate vicinity of the protagonist
4) Something about looking out of windows and seeing a person is freaky

It's not just the sight but the score working together that really does it. I think the reason people hate jump scares these days is because they put no effort into the score. It's just a loud screech or bang or some shit.

Obviously you want some loud noise to accompany it, but it needs to harmonize.

youtube.com/watch?v=QGQr5hCpzr8

>People recommended me this movie for taking LSD.
nigger i felt like i was going to have a seizure during every fucking scene in that movie this movie would be awful for LSD, flashing lights in general tend to ruin trips for me

explain pls, i have no idea what this refers to.

Fuck you, fuck me and fuck everyone.

This always rustles my jimmies.

I wouldn't even call it a jumpscare, its' the entire build up how uncanny and unnerving their conversation in then all of the sudden a trashmonsters pops out

i was so happy when the film finally ended. it was a horrible experience. it´s an excellent movie, but it really can fuck up your mind. i wasn´t the same after it.

are you fucking kidding me

that was weak jump as fuck

even my cat executes scarier jumps out of nowhere

hownew.ru

The fear begins in the diner scene before it

>remembering every frame of every movie i´ve ever saw

seriously, I watched the clip for the first time and it didn't do shit

I suspect lynchfaggery

It's a memorable and iconic scene. If you actually watched the movie, you'd remember it, capeshit aficionado.

IF YOU SAVE IT TO YOUR COMPUTER YOUR WHOLE MONITOR IS TAKEN UP BY THE HOBO'S FACE

DO NOT SAVE THIS IMAGE

I REPEAT

DO NOT SAVE IT

not this time, mr lynch, not this time

>mfw yesterday i was in a webm thread and some faggots ask what movie was it from a scene from city of god

just another testament of how low this board has sunk with those fucking faggots from other places invaded us

without the context of the film up to that point, without going through any of the build up, the effect is completely missed

The Boy?

not to mention people itt saying how fucking scary it was and there is a goddamn screenshot of the moment just before it happened
you brain already gathered enough information and in a ready state for the horror, people who complain about it isn't being scary are just retards who don't understand how suspend work

I once tripped and we watched into the void and battle Royale. I hadn't seen either and I felt like a murderer the rest of the trip.

Yupp signs made me afraid of aliens.this scene and the one where she's looking under the door with the knife.

are you serious? how does that work?

The greatest jumpscare is from Inland Empire. You know the one.

A good jump scare will spook you even when you know exactly what's coming

>The joke
>You

"think i'm gonna lie down for a bit"

Overrated

As

Fuck

It

Didn't

Scare

Anyone

the kino of jumpscares

How has no one posted the girl in the closet in the Ring

Back when Shamalayalanalayan knew how to direct movies.

fuck thats comedy gold

woops just saw it maybe I shouldn't post from my phone

The Dog in The Devil Inside

It was the only scare that anyone managed to jump at in the theater

not from a movie but this honestly scared the shit out of me

youtube.com/watch?v=5Duk1GheiOQ

this one was worse

That shit was posted like 5 times already.

The things on the train watching him are freaky too, this movie is so underrated.

I saw this on LSD the other night and I had the worst trip of my fucking life. I literally passed out and, according to how my friend described the time I was out, went into some kind of seizure. I came into myself later panicking and feeling like shit.
I'm still pretty perturbed about the whole thing, I guess that movie really removed some childhood traumas or some shit.
I'm gonna lay off the acid for some time just to be sure, I think I could've seriously gone insane.

Can somebody spoil this movie's ending for me? I obviously didn't feel like keep on watching it after the whole episode and I really wanna know what the fuck happens

>Can somebody spoil this movie's ending for me?
his ghost wanders into the sperm of his sisters crush (was is name Alex?) while he is fucking her. Then he gets reborn.

I love that you can see the xenomorph laying there the whole time but since half the shit there looks like his head and body he blends right in.

The puppet scene in Deep Red:

youtube.com/watch?v=rFuBwMzHKA8

It literally made me jump of my seat. Let me freaked-out afterwards.

Jesus, I'd forgotten about that scene entirely. Just hearing the kid now turned my stomach to ice.

Literal perfect build-up and execution, a personal favorite.

Take note, horror movies

youtube.com/watch?v=ZOC7Pf1XY54

yeah, this one

her butt made me jump.

exactly

Yes. It is the most memorable of all jump scares. It is one of the very few that got me.

Never understood this meme.

So I came here to post the scene from The Ring where they find the girl in the closet and after re-watching it I realized its pretty weak.

When I first saw it I'm physically jumped out of the crappy movie seat I was sitting in.

fuck that scene.

It's good most people don't know how to make movies, talented people can kill you with them.

yup, got me good, top tier

titanic sinks
and yeah go watch matrix

g-guys... is this a meme or something?

because I couldn't stop laughing after Joaquin said "Move children! Vamanos!" and it wasn't scary at all after that

I remember flinching like a bitch when I first saw that.

but the exorcist 3 is literally meme shit.

Why did he speak Mexican? They're Brazilian. They speak Brazilian over there.

Cred Forums always posts this scene, and it made me jump but for some reason the ending of the movie scared me so bad that I THOUGHT it was a jump scare, but watching it again it was actually really gradual. I think it's because of how terrified she is but I don't understand why.

Horrifying. Great episode too.

its a movie not a meme dipshit

give me a movie name RIGHT now

youtube.com/watch?v=aiUO_PJKpXI

i unironically cant watch this anymore

nevermind

jaws
boat
dreyfuss
dive

Titanic has some solid set design. I appreciate it for that alone

cats are expert ambush artists, don't act like that means this one was bad

>The Orphanage

It's not like you wanted to go to sleep tonight anyway right?

I too thought this was mega-spook!
youtu.be/MFtv12V8ihg

Here, have some counter-spook.
youtu.be/XRh2L7tJqcI

I hated that movie. Some parts were almost scary, but I was so bored they didn't matter.

Say that to my face and not online and see what happens.

this, I shouldn't have watched this when I was 10

>Bruce Willis died in Armageddon, so we're even

I DON'T WANNA CLOSE MY EYES!!!!

underrated. This was the only scene in any horror movie that made me jump as an adult.

That is the worst ass I have ever seen.

Exorcist 3

Source

youtube.com/watch?v=n0IuGWXGadY

Effective because of the long buildup and how sudden Leatherface comes out.

ayyy

youtube.com/watch?v=CZzAG1f-HEM

Exorcist (THE VERSION YOU'VE NEVER SEEN) or whatever the re-release was called. something like that.

The spider walk down the stairs will probably never be topped for me. I saw that in the cinema when it came out and I'm pretty sure it took atleast two years away from me.

I watched this for the first and only time drugged up at Landstuhl Medical Center in Germany after being wounded.

I have no idea why they had that movie in their inventory.

I think about this every time I look out my window

Think of how hideous humans would be if we were aliens and not used to seeing a person's face?
His face is like a tube with red fleshy wet holes poking out of it ew

SIGNS

Came here to post this.

Dead body in the closet in the Ring.

Came here to post that

the screaming BRs makes it spoopier

Bruce Wayne?

My mom is 52 and she says this has always been the scariest thing she's seen in film

I know a lot of people that missed it the first time, myself included

this part got me the most

Bruce Willis from that I see dead people movie

Yeah that too.
I just don't regard the tv part as a jump scare. It's plenty freaky, but jump scares make you jump, and that moment's never made me jump. Oh well

I had seen the Exorcist before and loved it, but when it came out again with all the new shit I didn't know what to expect really.

You never really (ever?) see Regan leave the room in the original once she gets possessed, she just kinda hangs out in her bed and does some iconic scenes. But this was something different and totally unexpected. Goddamn Pazuzu.

faggot

Soylent Green is a sled and Tyler Durden was on Earth the entire time.

Can confirm.
Forgot how old i was but this was the version i first saw, still on this 23rd trip around the sun it was the biggest mistake of my life.
I was too fucking young familia

it's a meme.

R E D D I T P L S G O

>Zelda? Like the video game serie - Oh my fucking god

When she flips up in the bed, it's a dream sequence, but still, her everything haunted me for atleast a decade+.

what does this have to do with narcissus?

My mom mentioned the exorcist a lot too. I think it was the first truly scary movie that generation saw, that's why it made such an impact.

LSD, no. DMT, yes.

growing up my sister never understood why this scene was scary. she thought it just zoomed in on a chimney and not the demon. When she watched it again she got scared shitless

not really horror movies, but seeing Robocop and Natural Born Killers at a very young age made one hell of an impact.

any kid that saw Murphy get gunned apart in Robocop can agree that it was fucking harrowing. It's still brutal as fuck.

The one with the knife under the door always got me. Signs fucking scared me shitless when I saw it in theaters.

The mutation scene was way more intense than Murphy getting gunned down in my opinion.

Man all this shit is weak.

SCARE ME.

Seriously.
I been in this thread all night and nothing scared me.

You do realise that scenes are constructed within context, taking them out and posting them as a webm or a youtube video doesn't make them scary?

What scares you? Find that out and seek out the horror movies that play with it.

Google screamers if that's what you're looking for you degenerate autist.

Fuck you David

UNDERWATER

My number one fear is underwater.
All this shit is spooky shit of normal life.

Show me some hardcore underwater stuff.
Jaws doesn't count, it's all above water.
Stuff underwater scares the fuck out of me.
I don't think there's a single underwater horror mentioned in this thread.

Signs in part had me so fucked up about aliens as a kid that that actually spooked me decently. Shame I heard the movie is shit. There needs to be more good ayylien horror.

Spoilers!

Just got this on dvd, was just about to watch it. FUCK YOU

Sorry, you already replicated my post.
Kill yourself.

ES BEHIND

Below, Leviathan '89, In the Deep/47 Meters Down

I'm sure even something like Das Boot would make your skin crawl just because where it's set and how it plays out.

The car crashes in Enter the Void made me jump the most

>be paying xcom with my m8 for months
>decide to watch this shitfest movie
>this scene comes on
>MUTONS HOLY FUCK

didn't sleep for months.

I never saw what it was when I watched it the first few times as a youngin

I finally saw it and it fucked me up

This ET scene ruined my childhood.

>playing xcom

kill yourself

long backed bitch

I JUST watched this movie
Fucking Christ that was insane

I simply won't watch that film anymore, it's too fucking much, especially that scene, the whole film has some awesome pant shitting moodsetting.

And you HAVE to watch it with a decent sound system or headphones

good lord, fuck you for reminding me, i can hear it.

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

THE ABYSS

this movie makes me mad because the first half is great and loaded with dread and the third act goes to absolute fucking shit

LOLing because I came in knowing this was going to be the one. Easily the most extreme jump scare I've ever had.

I hated that part.

>the demon

The last scene in Carrie.

Sauce?

The lawnmower scene in Sinister.
Holy fucking shit.

>tfw no dad to share movies with

looks like communion

fire in the sky.

hey guys what's up?

probably THIS ONE

DELETE THIS

>That widow's peak

JUST

JUST SEEING IT MAKES ME SCARED

I prefer the Mulholland Drive scare but this one was good too. The only piece of good direction/editing in that very bizarre boring film. It's funny trying to watch novelists direct.

Amityville: The Awakening

>Exorcist 3
THERE'S 3 EXORCIST MOVIES?

hah only saw the first

fuck you

There's 4, and there's two completely different versions of the 4th.

youtube.com/watch?v=g8hp_P7wrYE

how is that a jump scare? it's just disturbing

this

i really wish this movie was just him dealing with finding spooky murder tapes and figuring out a mystery

the ghost shit was really dumb

fucking this. i had so many nightmares as a kid after watching fire in the sky.

Banshee Chapter?

The piano scene in the chinese "The Eye". It's original and hasn't much been copied yet.

I was more creeped out by the lift scene but that's not a jump scare though.

The titanic sinks.

Greatest Reaction Kino of all time?

A gif or webm of this scene just doesnt do it justice. the whole scare isnt actually what we see, albeit that helps. Its the whole build up to the scene, the sfx of doors locking, the sight of the security guard, the direction makes us the viewer feel comfy and safe and then its instantly snatched from us in a split second, by that scream and cloaked individual.

The first one is a classic, and the most talked about.
The second one is basically a comedy.
The third one, people have mixed feelings about, very disturbing but also just weird and long.

Spider in the bathroom at the end of Enemy

have you seen the 4th kind

couldn't sleep after seeing that one

fight me plenbs who disagree, that scary was shit ass fuck

>alien movie
>no aliens
>shitty lead actress

yeah, no buddy

The People Under The Stairs

Defibrillator scene in The Thing

This scene

It wasn't that scary but REALLY disturbing

I expected anything other than this

Dallas in the air ducts in alien. knew it was coming but shit it when I first saw it aged around 12 or so.

the effects/makeup is dated. the acting leading up to it is off putting and stilted and wooden AKA amateur(inb4 that's just lynch), the entire scene is pretty disconnected from the rest of the movie and the "set" just looks like some random location they decided on.

i try to rationalise this but i still can't shake the dread that came over me when i remember watching this scene.

That's not even a scare

Boo

this one got me

>shakingheadinbackseatofcar.gif

OP, this and pic related from Babadook are the only three scenes that ever got to me.

Ebin

>I'm sorry for everything
;_;

Yeah for sure. Everybody I was with essentially shat when we saw this at the cinema.

Nice Tony Hawk cameo

>Brazil
>civilization

Literally got chills down my spine just by seeing that pic. I don't think there's ever been a most martefully done jumpscare in the history of cinema.

god damn that movie had lots of kino moments... underrated

youtube.com/watch?v=8_NmxgdYUpk

P O S T L I N K
O
S
T
L
I
N
K

the bilbo jump scare in LOTR is a direct rippoff of this scene

Joaquin Phoenix reaction makes the scene more intense to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=2nvnk4cooxU

VAMANOS CHILDREN VAMANOS

>It's good most people don't know how to make movies, talented people can kill you with them.

This. I can barely deal with that scene and the fucking weird face from Inland Empire. I love Lynch but luckily that kind of thing is not common.

That's the problem. This jumpscare is so good that it's not scary at all when watched in a youtube clip. It blends so well with the whole movie and the atmosphere and is unexpected. You literally just wasted your chance to experience the best jumpscare by watching that clip. I'm sry bro.

>Being wrong about literally everything

[Shouting continues]

Imagine being the xenomorph

>that statue

oh man how could i have missed that the ogre from gorillaz lore was this statue top kek

>i still can't shake the dread that came over me when i remember watching this scene

how does lynch do it how can he reach so deep in one's psyche with a seemingly random unrelated scene

there's bloody SIX

Not the Brazil scene. The whole film was filmed and took place in my hometown. I remember when they filmed it and know the in town locations they go to like the book store and the pizza place.

This is an embarrassing amount of pleb.

What was so unsettling about this scene? Was it because it happened during a children's birthday party what is supposed to be a happy event? Was it because most alien movies seem to have encounters at night alone while this happens in daylight with many people around. Was it because it happened in an urban area which always seemed safe from this stuff instead of the typical isolate farm house? To me it removed that safety I felt during the day. All the spooky stuff only seemed to happen at night but this showed that no one was safe during the day no matter how many people were around. What happened next? What happened to the kids? Alien sightings in films always seem to involve abductions at night. The alien comes in and dips shortly after. Something about the fact that we don't know what happened next is unsettling? What did the alien do next where did he go?

Ptsd

You most definitely have autism senpai. I'm pretty autistic myself and even I get it.

I do get it. I just explained why I thought it was unsettling. You must not having reading comprehension.

also this. Looks silly as a still but it comes out of fucking nowhere

this gave me nightmares for years when i was 10 or 12 or so

This and the McPherson Tape I have never watched but for some reason I feel like I saw them and for some reason just thinking about them spooks me. Read a lot of the plot and a lot of it seems like I've seen it.

This one.

imagine a black xenomorph

youtube.com/watch?v=a7hzX7HEQU8

Watch this if u dare

>Never saw the Matrix, Armageddon and Titanic.

How is this even possible? What country are you from?

Fantfourstick? What the fuck

I don't know if it's been posted yet, but I'd say that the best jump scare in cinema is the blood testing scene in The Thing.

Vent scene in Alien.
youtube.com/watch?v=CRXyWtv-huc

t. Jamal

Wtf

Isn't this from Se7en?

mmmph, dat silhouette.

It happens at an everyday event. The "found footage effect and the non-chalant way the alien passes through the backyard, carefully seizing the everyone

oh god

No shit retardo

easiest (You)s ever