youtube.com/watch?v=3Xs7MtWOUY4&list=PL-8L1ncr3-O8YFL_N_6KpNXIqyamGFeAN
youtube.com/watch?v=Qz-k4g87ff4
youtu.be/gNTA5WPzPqQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_i3Ax4YJySg
youtube.com/watch?v=8Tgi-j56ueU
youtube.com/watch?v=jOmPYRxu2l4
youtube.com/watch?v=PoLkKDBEW3s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It was released right around the time I was old enough to remember it, but young enough to enjoy as a kid in theaters.

The majority of the people involved actually gave a shit

Was cast based on merit instead of diversity quotas

Last all white cast movie.

>implying

They let somehow who cared handle the project/

God it WAS perfect... I mean, I guess ROTK did drag on a bit and was kinda memey, but I can forgive that.

GOAT
O
A
T

Orcs were practical and not made of ugly CGI. Amazing score aswell.

It was made at just the right time by a man who was at the right point in his career.

It didnt, it went progressively downhill from Fellowship (which was great)
Jackson went full Lucas during the Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

>Jackson went full Lucas during the Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

Not really. At the very least the field actually existed

This you nostalgia faggots. It aged terribly six years ago
Only fellowship is good

Well let's see

>literal 10/10 casting
>literal 10/10 score
>literal 10/10 practical production
>literal 10/10 source material

Thats how you get a perfect film.

What's the best scene between all 3 movies and why is it youtu.be/k6C8SX0mWP0

oh come on, fellowship was the best but towers and king were still fucking great movies

fun fact: music was done by the guy who led the in house band on SNL

Which one is the best?

>he needs to be a kid to enjoy comfy-kino

>amazing source material that was stuck to fairly closely, basically you're given perfection so if you cut some stuff out you still get amazing
>amazing casting and great performances, I can't remember any bad lines or times when it was dumb
>mixture of practical and CGI effects that blend together very well
>visual direction was perfect
>score was great
>competent director with a vision and passion usually means they can make something great, Pete is actually a good director but has just lacked passion and drive in the last few movies
There's more but that's the biggest stuff

first one is perfect, just some guys in an adventure, there monsters, heroes and a dungeon and the battles felt more personal, 2 and 3 went full epic hollywood bullshit

>no tom bombadil
literally nothing went right

Years of pre-production

They were just good movies and pretty truthful to the source material.

youtube.com/watch?v=94pQXrsuhYQ

>The behind the scenes are actually more entertaining than the films themselves, the cast and crew are THAT good.

the casting was good, the creative team (concept designers, prop makers etc.) were both very talented and had a personal interest, as did peter jackson. it was also filmed all at once, with a relatively large budget and not too much studio interference. it has a solid source material.

my only problem with the trilogy is that the cgi aged horribly, if they were to fix that for a new remastered extended edition i'd be really really happy.

They didnt cgi everything and they had people making prop armor for everyone, so close up scenes were real and looked real, unlike the hobbit which looked like shit since they dont even want to bother hiring 10-20 people.

youtube.com/watch?v=3Xs7MtWOUY4&list=PL-8L1ncr3-O8YFL_N_6KpNXIqyamGFeAN the making of the series is pretty good, and is totally worth a watch..

For the rohirim scene they got 250 horse riders whom they geared up. If this scene was done today it would be cheaper with cgi and unless its a high budget movie it will look like shit

youtube.com/watch?v=Qz-k4g87ff4

FotR, without question.

youtu.be/gNTA5WPzPqQ

I only hope i could have a gandalf to give me some hope like this on my deathbed one day

>small men in holes

Fellowship. Hands down.

Great actors minus Arwen
Unmatched art direction
very decent soudtrack, on par with Conan's
Tasteful use of effects
Good adaptation of good source material

it went so right because it cut out the meandering autism and bad storytelling in the books and turned it into an entertaining journey

This scene
youtube.com/watch?v=_i3Ax4YJySg

youtube.com/watch?v=8Tgi-j56ueU

how is this even a question? i still get chills

Do women get LotR?
Do they understand duty, honor, loyalty, and sacrifice?

yep

heck, they probably portray Tolkien's vision better than the movies... I bet he would enjoy it more

i don't know if i envy or feel bad for those two guys who spent the entire 3 movies clipping together chain mail

Easily this scene
youtube.com/watch?v=jOmPYRxu2l4

Classic "sins of the father" moment
Tolkien hated allegory but this can be compared to the children of WWI soldiers/politicians going to fight in WWII

tiple dubs sweet.

Why does Gandalf look younger in the middle poster than the first...

I skip every single part of that series that doesnt contain the hobbits when I rewatch

Seriously. There is no need for the rest of the boring fucking shit

All we need is hobbits taking the ring to Mt Doom. Literally who gives a fuck about Aragorn, or the Elves, or any of that shit?

Chills ane tears of excitement. And it doesnt wear away, thats how strong is the scene. Kinda like ending of dances with wolves, totally different, but powerful nonethless

because he's gandalf the white, wiser and more powerful

All the planets really aligned for this trilogy. Take the same cast and crew and try to make those movies today and we'd just have six Hobbit movies.

two towers, don't listen to memes

Shouldve linked this instead youtube.com/watch?v=PoLkKDBEW3s really make you appreciate all the work that went into the movies.