youtu.be/frK3MWhGBck
imdb.com/title/tt0106179/locations
youtube.com/watch?v=qTRXOnbuJVM
youtube.com/watch?v=rFxOW8SMsdg
youtube.com/watch?v=NLLBrh_PeT4
youtube.com/watch?v=u9URNm6RzBo
youtube.com/watch?v=VXnAIgeVGt4
youtube.com/watch?v=KZok237HlFQ
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alone_(The_X-Files)
keyofx.org/fiction_main/2009/09/stegall-sarah-the-sound-of-wind-chimes/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw you're a living x-file

an x-file you say?

bump

why the fuck does noone want to talk about x-files on Cred Forums? Every other board that I've been in gets more accidental x-files discussion in one thread than this place does in a month

>

Reminder that The Post-modern Prometheus is the best episode
youtu.be/frK3MWhGBck

Cred Forums has the 'tism, the savant kind
when it's good it's really good, but most of the time it's shit

thanks, I suspected as much but I'm not a regular Cred Forums lurker

Wrong, but it's definitely in the top 10.

This is the shitposting board. Unless you're posting exclusively memes, expect any serious discussion to be buried in ebin posts.

And of course, mook is too busy making shekels instead of fixing this mess.

>I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die

Saw this episode the other day, now I walk around my flat reciting this all serious like the dude, pretending I'm resurrecting shit.
I also drew a circle of salt in my kitchen and stood in it today.
Am I autistic?

Yes.

Well thanks for clearing that up.

I hope it helps.

My father was worried I would believe in everything I saw in this show as a child. And I believed.

Your father is a pleb.

>mfw I was a kid I had to write down what wanted to be when I'm older
>mfw I put 'Agent Fox Mulder'
>mfw the teacher asked me what I meant because she had never watched the X-Files

>tfw you're not Fox Mulder ;_;

Fox Mulder?

Why was the Smoking Man in ET?

Already seen it twice. Big fan, love the series. Last season sucked.
What's there to discuss?
This board a shit

( ._.)

this episode was awesome

Why is Cred Forums so lame bros?

The spooky, rainy forests of Maryland, conspiracy shit, aliens - I love it.
And I love 80s-90s US suburbs for some reason (I'm not from US).
The comfiest.

90's I guess, they are/were for some people, feeling might be stronger if you grew up there.

>So, let's hear them, young man

>Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man
>Jose Chung's From Outer Space
>Arcadia
>The Post-Modern Prometheus
>Bad Blood
Off the top of my head, in no particular order.

Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man is nothing special if you revisit it. Apart from that solid list

Volume 3 fucking when

>Maryland
It was filmed in Vancouver. Specifically LSCR.

So the actual Maryland is nothing like what they show?

I have no idea. But did they really go to Maryland? They go all over the place.

If you're referring to the plot then half of the show takes place in or around Maryland.
But apparently they never actually filmed there.

imdb.com/title/tt0106179/locations

Its similar enough, you'd be comfy there

>it's a Mulder and Scully in a VR game fighting Lara Croft in latex episode

You rang?

Jesus fucking Christ.
What were they thinking.

Why were they so qt in that pilot?

this

spooky music desu

fucking kill me

youtube.com/watch?v=qTRXOnbuJVM

change the key and suddenly its wii title screen music

>you're not a loser, mulder

;_;

post your favorite erotic xf fanfic

pls

>tfw no prime s2-s6 scully mommy

>jose chungs from outer space

literally unbeatable

Just started watching the other day, two thirds through the first season.
I heard its basically really good through the fifth season? Is that true?

The first season is a little rough because they didn't have a large budget, but it has its moments. S02 to s06 are all solid tho.

God tier until end of season 5
6 is alright
7 is pretty bad
8 is alright
9 is trash
10 is trash

Also , Fight the Future movie = gr8

dont watch the 2nd movie ever for any reason , no matter how badly you want more X-Files, its the worst piece of X-files media by far, makes season 10 look amazing

Gonna do a marathon of this on/near Halloween

Die Hand Die Verletzt
Home
Pusher
Irresistible
Chinga

any other recs

Chinga is trash.
>recs
U wot. If you're gonna marathon it, just watch it all.

>watching every episode of X-Files in one day

Chinga is trash but its comfy trash

Are there any X-Files with spooky 90s CG like that?

>spooky 90s CG like that
what

I wouldnt call it spooky but the one where Mulder is trapped in a VR game is one of the most 90s TV episodes ever made

This episode is pure kino.

Have you watched the show Millennium? If not you should. The first two seasons are great. It's like a really dark, less supernatural X-Files. It even has a Jose Chung's episode.

Young At Heart is, dare I say, kino. I know that meme word gets thrown around a lot but this episode literally is what it promises to be.

This is where The X-Files elevated to whole other level.

this sound very autistic, i believe you

so is it generally agreed that mulder is autistic and a savant? scully also possibly being autistic?

Pretty much. Both are hot retards - Mulder is definitely on the spectrum and Scully does show some signs of developmental disorder (but that just might be here personality idk).

Also I'd add that Mulder is INFP (or possibly INxP) and Scully is INTJ.

interesting, it fits his hyperfocused behavior and monotone textbook analyses of the crimes. his paranoia and social retardation, flat affect

when i was young i just thought their weird dynamic was how people acted in that time period or something along those lines. rewatching it recently there's clearly something going on

bump

What was wrong with season 10? I found it to be quite good.

Started watching this, just finished season 2.

As much as I love the monster of the week episodes, I love the alien conspiracy ones more. So, when is the climax of the conspiracy and when does it go down the crapper in this regard?

It goes down the crapper in S7 with what should've been the end of the series (mulder's abduction).

>spoiler
reeeeeeeee

Mulder is literally part alien

>yfw they're planning on making a 3rd movie, continuing the alien colonisation storyline

a parody/caricature of itself

When Mulder becomes a psychic vegetable, Scully goes to Africa and The Da Vinci Code ohgodplsno

It could have adapted to the 2010s and have it one on-going arc where things actually mattered. Instead, we had filler inbetween. Most of it wasn't even good. Just as the mythology episodes that shat on the original in order to remain relevant and have a new spin that goes mostly undeveloped. While introducing characters that have no real personality.

This should not come as a surprise, however, as many X-Files episodes were at most just decent at best.
It became a badly written soap-opera in the later seasons as well. Sometimes, it had great stories or great premises, but the 40 minutes were mostly used to fill out time. It made it "comfy" for some, boring for me.
The entire alien arc never entirely moved forward after the ending of S2.

>The entire alien arc never entirely moved forward after the ending of S2.
It kind of did, but not by much. The show blew its load too early. The fun of a show like the X-Files comes from the tension and paranoia of the mystery, not the details of the answer. I love the first five seasons, but I think the show would have been better off if it had kept the conspiracy more ambiguous and had ended after four or five seasons instead of stretching for more than twice that.

EVERYBODY ROW

That aliens existed was quite clear in the first season already anyways, as ambiguous as they may have tried to make it.
They had so many filler episodes with different monsters that it was quite clear to the audience it wasn't -just- either this or that in any case.

I just wished they had made more advances with the plot, and that at least the public knew about it. Or that aliens did more shit, or at least any "happening" to make any of that stuff kind of relevant.
It was always just a tease, and the character's weren't strong or developed enough to keep the show interesting for me.

>That aliens existed was quite clear in the first season already anyways, as ambiguous as they may have tried to make it.
That's what I'm saying. The show should have ended after four or five seasons and *also* kept things more ambiguous. As it is, the show kind of goes in circles.

It's still one of my favorite television series. I understand why someone might not be as enamored, though.

>tfw no scully gf

youtube.com/watch?v=rFxOW8SMsdg

I can't deal with this feel

>tfw no gravity-defying tits gf

This thread ain't dying, nigger.

>it's a "filming moves to LA and all the comfiness drains out of it" season

90s camera/clothes/makeup
nothing happens most the time
we watch now with no ad breaks, ads are uncomfy
they're both monotone
nothing uncomfy happens, even when something attacks there are no jumpscares ever

Oh shit, glad this thread ain't dead.

Anyway, watching this really shows how underrated the cinematography is.

You mean "filming moves to LA and all the comfiness drains out of it" rest of the series, right?

>that COPS parody episode

I haven't laughed that hard at a TV show in years

I legit stopped using portopotties for a year or two after seeing this episode

Ah, this fucker sure is ugly.

It didn't use passionless drama to sucker you into watching the next episode and knew when to have a laugh

youtube.com/watch?v=NLLBrh_PeT4

The only episode I really liked was the one with the lizard guy. That felt more like a classic MOTW episode

Threadly reminder that you haven't seen X-Files until you've seen Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose.

youtube.com/watch?v=u9URNm6RzBo

No Scully is immortal

FUCKING SPOILERS BRO

WHAT THE FUCK

Well, technically she won't ever die because anyone who lives up until the Day and repents will have lived as long as they have been alive and continue living, only she will become young again (like the rest).

This implies that Mulder will die before the Day (autoeroticasphyxiation?) but will come back as a young man and him and Scully will live happily ever after forever.

how did he keep a straight face during this scene will always be an xfile to me

>mfw he grabbed her nips in the bloopers

Season 10 was disappointing but I liked what they did with Agent Reyes , her making a deal with the devil and going traitor/double agent with the Cabal is the most interesting thing she has done, in season 9 she was a bland Mulder copy

Doggett is never ever coming back, he was ok I guess

how he*

>SCTV reaction gif

Not only did they fuck up the conspiracy part, they massively fucked up the other mystery of she show which was what happened to Samantha

>TFW she is a Space Ghost despite the Alien Bounty hunters , CSM , and her clones all saying she is still alive somewhere

Fuck that plotline so much

I loved the first Pusher episode. IMO it was the best of the stand alones. That was some pure paranormal horror. The second Pusher episode felt like it was done for fan service and very half assed.

>Season 10 was disappointing but I liked what they did with Agent Reyes , her making a deal with the devil and going traitor/double agent with the Cabal is the most interesting thing she has done, in season 9 she was a bland Mulder copy
Is this real?! Fucking spoilers if so, dude. Also...

>making a deal with the devil
Called it. If you legit mean "Devil", than that just proves my theory that the aliens are actually fallen angels and the hybrids are Nephilim.

i think the auto erotic thing was a joke tbqh.

most likely he'll die from old age.

since the guy that "gifted" scully imortality has the type where he still ages assumingly scully will still grow old.

i dont get this though,at what point do you stop?

>mfw he grabbed her nips in the bloopers
Are those her actual nipples or is that some grotesque prosthetic?

she just had a baby,im sure it really fucking hurt when he did that.

its in the S3 bloopers if anyone cares

those feels

youtube.com/watch?v=VXnAIgeVGt4

Every second appearance of a memorable MOTW character seems to be shit, including Tooms and Pfaster

If there's one plotline that deserves a mulligan it's that one. "C'mon Mulder, you really believed your sister became some kind of fairy? So impressionable in those days"
Maybe the original Samantha can come back as the human leader of the aliens' invasion force.

I don't think he actually made her immortal. I think he just told her a valuable lesson. It was symbolic, dare I say 'kinographic'.

What I wanna know at what point that the Ridley equation stops the reverse aging process. Salamanders can regenerate limbs, and it can be assumed that Barnett could do the same as his hand was cut off in 1989 and was grown back as a salamander hand in 1993.

In those four years, he also aged back ~30 years. I'm assuming that's where it stopped cause the treatment saw that as a signal to stop as it was when he was at his physical peak.

There was nothing to feel except rage that they threw away a decade long storyline like that.

Maybe it was because it regenerates you to your physical or mental peak.

sorry if thats silly..

oops you said the same thing too!

that must be the intention then,it would be interesting if it varied from person to person as well.

The story line only ever served a purpose as an emotional component for Mulder as a character and thus this resolution only added to it.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

I also wanna know what side effects Ridley's unfortunate patients had. Did their bodies reject the treatment and develop signs/symptoms of progeria? Was the progeria default as the treatment was a reverse-engineered version of it, using the mutated genes as an "opportunity".

I hate closure so much for this reason I know there are worse episodes, like the VR game one or the Kath Griffin episode, the field where I died

but Closure is the one I hate the most by far, fuck that shit

The entire samantha subplot should've remained a mystery. It was very poorly resolved.
>where's my sister?
>she's dead
>no wait she's not dead she's alive
>no wait she's not alive she was cloned
>no wait she's dead after all
>no wait she's alive after all and she's hanging out with smoking dude
>no wait she's dead after all
>no wait she's with the ayyliums
>no wait she's a fucking ghost after all molder you can finally rest

>she was a ghost
But I beg to differ. I think what Mulder saw was an autistic vision.

Reminder that he did nothing wrong.

And we never got a bra scene of Scully again.

Jesus christ dude, get over it. That episode was nothing special.

Who was taking these pictures?

Its actually David Duchovnys fault it ended so horribly

He was sick of doing Samantha episodes and acting as a sad brother so he told the writers to just end it forever so they scraped what they where planning to do with her

Why they chose the retarded ghost option, who knows

maybe you had to be a perfect canidate and they never had a peak so it tried to create one.

We got a sideboob scene with scully in Humbug tho. sideboob > bra

youtube.com/watch?v=KZok237HlFQ

I don't get the hate for Reyes at all. She's not exceptional or anything, but she's serviceable. Looks good too.

Doggett was great though, I really hope he does come back at some stage.

The Lone Gunmen came in and took pictures for their shitty paper

>expecting there to not be spoilers on Cred Forums
you dun goofed

and no its a figure of speech
SPOILERS

she became CSMs new fucktoy and worked with him, she is essentially the new Marita Covarrubias

Fuckin hell. And they didn't bring back Doggett for whatever reason?

Robert Patrick refused to come back and doesnt want to, he has other shit to do , its unlikely he will show up

I think Patrick didn't want to come back. There was no reason to keep him out of it with Reyes back in the miniseries unless he specifically didn't want to return.

Literally what does he gotta do?

it's a combination of the color palette, the soundtrack and the fact that the 90s was literally the golden age of television.

e.r. is another one of those comfy as fuck shows, i can re-watch that shit endlessly.

Same here my man. The first 6 seasons or so of ER were pure hospital kino and no medical show to date could compete.

Best villain too.

>Krycek
>Best Villains

Krycek plz go

JC, STICK WITH THE PROD!

>be me
>never seen x files but aware of the hype
>download some episodes
>it's complete garbage

i thought it was a mystery drama show not a shit tier comedy... honestly it's basically the big bang theory without the laughtrack
special effects are ridiculously bad. there was a lizard man episode in the 2016 reboot. at first i thought i'd downloaded the wrong torrent. it was so shit...

Why didn't Mulder ever rib Krycek over that time he hooked up with an Amish shemale?

fug yes, i actually enjoy it up until about season 9.

tooms is still my fave

Who played that qt Blonde fbi girl that appeared near the end seasons? Can't remember her name on the show either, she was pretty useless but really liked Mulder.

Because that wasn't krycek.

OC

Jolie Jenkins

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alone_(The_X-Files)

you masterbated to this picture

What's wrong with Krycek?

Reyes looks better. Especially now.

No I didn't, but I am now.

Blonde Scully is garbage , why did she do that

Watch Before I Wake, you'll change your mind very fast.

even as a kid i never thought she was that hot desu.

i was always more into liz from roswell for example

Post webms. Or even links, I don't have the time now.

This is a "very" good shot of her, she looks old and withered in the film.

Weak.

What was she like in the new X Files? I thought she looked really good in it, or just before either came out.

>tfw I'll never pump her asshole full of my seed
Why fucking live bros

hungry and the genie are comfy, cuck

>I can't be something that I'm not
;_;

not baiting

t. b8er

I'd take her over Scully now.

bump

shit opinion
gilly is hotter tbqh

keyofx.org/fiction_main/2009/09/stegall-sarah-the-sound-of-wind-chimes/

The X Files is comfy because Mulder, Scully and Skinner are all likeable characters. The Cancer Man is also very likable even though he is pure evil.

The strength of Ducuvney's performance as Mulder really makes the show. Anderson as Scully is a great balance as the resident skeptic. Add Skinner as the tough boss and Cancer Man as the slick villain, and you have four great characters where most shows only have one or two.

The writing team was great as well and the first four or five seasons is actual Must See TV.

There may never be a show quite as good in our lifetimes.

This.

I don't know why more people don't consider Millennium.

Does it have ayys in it?

They were running out of ideas and the Matrix had just come out.

Literally the worst episode of the show. It should be purged from all reruns and DVD prints.

Someone enlighten me why it's good.
It seems like it's a tryhard "kino" with lol random stuff thrown in.

TAPE ?

Its X-Files philosophy combined with a tribute to great horror movies and its fun

why dont you try watching it

WHERE ARE THEY?! WHERE DID YOU HIDE THEM?!

I have seen it. It just seemed incredibly pretentious, with some (not)funny jokes thrown around. Yeah I get that it's supposed to be a remake of Frankenstein, but it just feels tacky.

It's not pretentious at all, you can tell they had a blast making that episode. Or are you one of those people who thinks black-and-white = pretentious?

>it's a spooky happenings in a rainy forest episode
literally the most comfy television episodes in history

agreed

>Yeah I get that it's supposed to be a remake of Frankenstein
But it's not at all, lmao.

I recently went on a trip from all the way up here in Idaho all the way down to California through Washington and Oregon.

When we started to get out through WA into OR, it started to pour rain immediately. And we were right by a forest.

On the way back up the Oregon coast, it rained a lot as well and we went all the way along the Iraq/Afghanistan memorial highway which is mostly just forest. Seeing all that reminded me a lot of The X-Files, and rightfully so cause the "Pilot" is supposed to be in Oregon (though it was all filmed in BC, Canada).

We also drove through the Olympic National Forest which is where "Darkness Falls" is supposed to take place.

Northern Washington was probably the closest we got to Vancouver. We could see Canada across the water. Lake Crescent also reminded me a lot of The X-Files.

We also drove by the place where the Twin Peaks sign was.

Comfiest trip ever. Can't wait to go to Canada.

> Or are you one of those people who thinks black-and-white = pretentious?

I do, if there's no discernible reason why it is black and white.

They litter ally state so in the episode. But if it's not Frankenstein, what is it based on then?

this user knows

that's not Folie a Deux

that's not Young At Heart

>I do, if there's no discernible reason why it is black and white.
Except there is a discernible, obvious reason in fact. It's a pastiche/satire of old B&W horror

It's in the style of frankenstein with the b&w and cinematography, but it has no other plot similarities. If anything, it's a "remake" of elephant man, except that it's not a remake of anything. It's an homage to elephant man.

I think there is obvious stylistic similarities with classic horror films, the geneticist character in particular.

i rewatched a monster episode last week and i had a good time. i think i might watch the fan favorites monster episodes. can't stand the proto conspiratard conspiracy arch

plebs

>he doesn't like the proto-conspiracy arch episodes
pleb detected

Can we all agree Die Hand Die Verletzt is the best episode?

No

A lot of stuff from the 90's is super comfy, just because it reminds you of simpler times when you could just watch shows and be happy as a kid.

Case in point, I started watching Star Trek TNG again and it's super comfy to watch

These images don't mean shit to me user.

Absolutely not.

Shit meme.

i only started watching the x files for first time last year
its super comfy
as is twin peaks

It's weird the first thing that comes to mind when watching such a dark show is 'comfy'.

>dark show
lel

watch how the ghost stole christmas and you'll understand

This guy

maximum jelly

Sweden basically looks like Oregon but the yellow road divisions really make it... American.

I've been driving through rainy forest in Colorado though, not quite the X-files vibe but pretty close.

the big conspiracy just don't do sweet fuck all to me. it's been beaten to death at this point , a tired trope, and i have seen way too many good dudes sort of go aggro schizo down that rabbit hole giving money to fat multimilionaire manipulators like alex jones so i don't have much sympathy for conspiracy theory as entertainment these days.

Just finished this ep last night.

So dumb. I hate how they close up such a huge plot line like this and the next episode is completely unrelated. Like that's it? The question Mulder had throughout the whole show, and it ends with him looking at the stars completely content with what happened.

They did this multiple times.

The arc episodes in season 3 are god-tier tho

I've watched all of the show, I don't understand what you're trying to say. The X Files is a very dark show, and I also find it comfy. It seems like a weird combination.

>yfw Mulder finally, actually, no bs [spoilers]kisses Scully on New Years[/spoilers]

:3

>it's a mulder and scully are pretend husband and wife and he wants to fuck but she blueballs him episode

>it's a monster rapes women, but Mulder and Scully don't care, and take him to a Cher concert episode

Must be the Pacific Northwest weather.

>yfw all good things must come to an end

IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR

THEY WERE /OUR/ COUPLE

FUCK TIME

>Halloween
Bad Blood
X-Cops
Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose
The List

Her hair color is a travesty.

it really is. and david's bone structure lol

who'da thought that mulder would look like that later in his life

he's turning into an ayy

I'LL

Negative. Demons though.
>dat ThinkPad

desu I'd give it a shot just for the fact Lance is in it.
Thanks for recommendation , mayne.

They're stationed in DC.

DC isn't really in Maryland, it's close but it's really its own place.

>DC isn't really in Maryland
You're being extremely pedantic. It's not "technically" in Maryland because it's a special district. Geographically it's in fucking Maryland. Look a map.

?????

The nineties are ultimate comfy-core, not just because of nostalgia but something about that decade. It's not exactly a period of great classic masterpieces, but comfy, rewatchable movies were being made left and right. It was a magical time

>me in the middle

most shows from the 90s and early 2000s are comfy
>pre 9/11
>not a whole lot of problems to worry about
>no big social issues
>might be rose colored glasses but hollywood didnt feel completely sold out yet, like they still seemed to try
>the definition shows and movies were shot it feels comfy and serene
Im trying to figure out what that definition was, you know what im talking about?
pic related is a another good example of all of that

>another thread ruined by le 90's nostalgia reddit kids

you think that mouth is like a fleshlight

I always thought it looked like goatse