3x3 thread

Post your age, your 3x3, and the most recent movie you've watched.
>23
>Pic related
>Videodrome

>Videodrome
Also, I was disappointed by it.
Watched Scanners a few months ago and really enjoyed it and made me extremely interested in checking out more of Cronenberg's.
Videodrome felt pretty half baked though in both ideas and imagery. Some of it was pretty cool, but the fact that it came out after Scanners seems backwards.
Do you guys have a recommendation on what I should watch next from him?

For those interested my 3x3 is
Hausu
Play It Again, Sam
A Married Couple
News From Home
Moonrise Kingdom
Man Bite Dog
Blue Valentine
Tangerine
Hairspray

Come and See

Get some fucking taste, kid
holy shit thats terrible

To The Wonder and Before Sunset are both two of my favorites. Both could have easily been on my 3x3.
What is middle left, middle middle, bottom left, and bottom right?

9/9 A Kino Flush

I'm sorry for liking what I like.
I like the look of your 3x3. Care sharing what they are?

Oslo august 31st, Blue, American Honey, Knight of Cups

Thank you.

i want to be more of a film buff and this seems like a good thread to ask him. how do i find more patrician movies to watch? i've gotten to the point where i know i should be embarrassed that pulp fiction is my favorite movie but i don't know where to start on getting dat patrician taste.

OP here.
First off, you're looking at things the wrong way. Don't be watching movies to "raise your film buff level". That's facetious and pretentious.
You should be watching movies because you genuinely enjoy watching movies.

Anyways, find directors you like and watch their catalog rinse, wash, repeat. Be able to discern what you liked and disliked about movies you watch. Use Hulu as a resource as the Criterion collection is on there is a pretty accessible entry to world cinema.
Eventually you'll have seen a lot of different movies by different directors and will have more well formed opinions.
For some recommendations, if you like Pulp Fiction I'd recommend watching some Robert Altman films.

Passing On
The Sheik
Tokyo Drifter
Casanova
La Revelateur
Rape Climax
Annie Oakley: The Little Sure Shot of the Wild West
Eye Above the Well
Nanook of the North

Always start with the greeks

just watch more movies. keep yourself open to watching the kind of things you wouldn't normally watch, you might surprise yourself.

even tho Cred Forums is an awful board you can still get good rec's here. its like panhandling for gold in a flowing river of shit, but they're there. lurk more in threads that actually talk about movies.

If you like pulp fiction, i'd recommend something like long, stock and two smoking barrels. something not too different but different enough.

that's not the titles, and that's a troll 3x3 that has posted in every one of these threads since the beginning of time

let me see your 3x3 comfy movies

The Game

Are you mentally retarded?

actually watch nanook of the north and tokyo drifter before namedropping like a retard

Almost but:

>Tokyo Drifter
It's Doug Aitken's Blow Debris

>Nanook of the North
It's a photo from S. A. Andree's arctic balloon expedition crash.

Thanks. I also like to vape during movies. Do you know any movies that are good to blow epic vape clouds to?

Thoughts?

I wasn't sure if it's Blow Debris and I remember the chart with the titles included said it's TD, so I went with that.
As for the photo, I think the guy thought it was from unreleased footage from Nanook, at least that's what I'm left to understand.

Clearly a meeeeme, but kick-ass is actually good.

It's why it's the first one.
I love Kick-Ass.

>19
>Pic Related
Superheroes (Documentary), Ginger Snaps, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Ichi the Killer, Spider-Man 2, Godzilla Mothra and King Ghidorah, Tarzan, Superbad, Iron Giant
>Beyond Re-Animator

>Le Wes Anderson
>Woody Pedophallen
shit taste op

Wiener-dog (4/10)

Pic Related
Daisies, Vera Chytilova
It was pretty good. The story is just a thin examination of the products of the bourgeoisie (Art and excess), but the visuals are really strong throughout. I just wish there wasn't as much intentional disconnect between narrative and visual information. Intentional disorientation is as easy as it is boring even when done for a purpose.

Before that I watched a short called Thunder Road which was very dank, it is on vimeo, you all should watch it.

V nice user

My basic advice is pretty much what other people have said, don't over-complicate it, just watch more movies. But what I will also say is that the way you engage with films is much more important than what films you watch. I wish I had a dime for every person I've met in school who has seen thousands of films but cannot say anything idiosyncratic or compelling about them. Don't just watch something because you feel like you should or else you will end up in the same boat. It is not worth it suffer through Jeanne Dielman just to impress your letterboxd followers. It doesn't matter that Pulp Fiction is your favorite movie, what does matter is your ability to understand and articulate what you like about it. This is doubly important because comprehending your own taste is what will allow you to seek out and discover movies that you will love.

With that said, if you want good rec's than explain what you like about pulp fiction and people will point you in the right direction. Without that context, i'm just going to say you should watch La Haine, everybody likes La Haine.

Fanny and Alexander is the comfiest of all time

nice

>Wiener-dog (4/10)
where did you watch it?

>19
>trying to seem the enlightened and intelligent
>all these try hard movies

I wonder who's behind this post?

your insecurity is showing

3/4 assuming top right is Sympathy for mr vengeance. That's a good movie, Iron giant and japanese BDSM-killer are alright.

I've made a 3x3 but I feel more comfortable post a 3x4
Had to pause Landscape Suicide before going to work today but I'm about halfway though it. The last full movie I saw was Summer Palace

id on bottom left?

Jungle Book (2016).

I can tell you that I've seen that film but I don't remember it lmao

Maybe the Prophet french prison film

>city of lost children
nice, I never see that posted

don't listen to the other user, i suggest The little mermaid from kachnya

it is

weerasethacool

titles pls senpai?

Sol del Membrillo
Tren de Sombras
As Bodas de Deus

Voci nel Tempo
はがね (Hagane)
ワンダフルライフ (Wandafuru Raifu)

美丽的魂魄 (Neon Goddesses)
Segundo Siglo
La vallée close

they look interesting, where can i watch them?

Some you can buy on DVD online, some I saw on theaters.

or on those super sekrit internet film places

Sympathy for Mr Vengeance

literally structured the same
op is an autist