Rogue One

Do you think it will be better or worse than Star Wars The Force Awakens?

better, hopefully they dont push the girl power thing too much and hopefully we get to see some jedi in hiding help out on the mission(only to die)

this poster is terrible smfh senpai

I don't care. It looks like A New Hope 3. You fags will rate it higher than TFA just because it will be less of a ripoff.

>they're actually giving the rebels M1 steel pot helmets

This is either lazy or stupid. Maybe both.

Probably better, but that's not hard. Hopefully they won't make the empire completely inept like in ANH and TFA.

Did you see the trailers? It's going to be at least as bad as episode 7

I don't have any hope for star wars going forward.

>12+

I thought they were making this one for the adults? I'm not saying it needs to be American History X in space but it would be cool to have a Star Wars that was more like a Battlefront campaign.

A Fucking Tree

This rotj is best end

what planet have you been living on?

>re shooting
>good

Worse because we already know how it will turn out. We knew TFA would be by the numbers but there were a few questions in the movie and a few that went unanswered.

I'm still not paying to see it.

They had these helmets in the trilogy.

I want it to be good but I herd they had reshoots to add a more comedic feel to it. Im more hype for ep8 desu.

This

The new movies may be technically competent but they will all be soulless, design by committee, money grabs.

you're fucking retarded

I think it would've been way better if they just stuck with a special forces group for the rebellion or something. Isn't the chick supposed to be getting the plans for the DS? I thought a lot of bothans died for that?

It has Mads, so hopefully it won't be too bads.

>forced reshooted becaue it "looked like a war movie"

FUCK Disney.

Might be better, but then I'm mostly interested in seeing the Empire kick everyone's shit in as they make off with the plans. That and seeing how they design the tech. Kind of nice to see everything junky and blocky again compared to the prequels' shiny, round shit everywhere.

There are already too many new designs for this movie, fucking piece of shit.

>reshoots because Disney was worried about Edwards tainting their new vision of Star Wars

Massive reshoots are a sign that the movie has huge problems.
Almost always it's a sign it's going to suck.

It seems that yes it will be worse than a piece of turd like TFA.

>I thought a lot of bothans died for that?
haha
hahahahha
man

Why are all the spaceships and Stormtroopers new in Rogue One? It takes place a week before Star Wars 1977.

Why are all the spaceships the old ones in The Force Awakens? Makes no goddamn sense.

I don't know why this is triggering to some people.

agree

disney killed star wars, now they're pissing on the corpse

Hey look, its the Abatap of Starwars

She's stealing the plans for the first, not second user.

Come on we've known this for so damn long how is that people are still asking this question

yeah they all suck, no idea who the fuck was put in charge of this promo material.

Because it makes a change to their nostalgia, so it's horrifying.

Watch any horror remake reviews, people hate change if it's related to anything they watched when they were younger.

Low-test fags who don't know Yggdrasil

Except that's wrong? There's literally classic stormtroopers and at-at's in the poster above, come on now. There's only one new ship that's been introduced (The U-wing) which I think is pretty neat. New ship, same line/manufacturer.

Also did you ever think that you can't really get much better than X-wings and tie fighters? In a galaxy this expansive and technologically advanced I doubt much progress would've been made in the 30 year gap between 6 and 7.

It's supposed to be a sequel you fucking mongoloid.

That, although we already saw the little girl take own some Storm Troopers with karate.

Better if disney didn't fuck it up too much.

>same line/manufacturer.
They never mention the manufacturer of anything in this cartoon movies for children. Stop trying to pretend there's underlying, consistent logic somewhere.

to be fair there's nothing in the past films imply stormtroopers are skilled in CQC

true, but we can't assume there isn't one of some sort when they're all named like so? (A-wing, Y-wing, B-wing, X-wing, Tie-fighter, Tie-bomber, Tie advanced, Tie-striker etc.)

There's already multiple new ships and troopers. There were heaps of different ships at the battle of endor then they go back to JUST ties and x-wings for tfa. fuck you reddit.

But it changes the old Star Wars universe that everyone loves.

Wrong. There is a new Imperial shuttle and a TIE Fighter with bat wings. There is also now an Imperial tank and the AT-AT have extra shit hanging off them not seen in the original films. Pretty much everything in the movie is new other than the Death Star. All just to sell new toys.

i find the lead to already be annoying

>"I rebel"

give me a fucking break

That's what i'm saying. It's fucking stupid. If they wanted to change the mythology and how the force works they should have just remade it. Changing established lore is fucked up.

Why are they actually making big budget movies about non-Skywalkers?

because the last 7 have been about that shit and it's fucking done to death fag?

Are you a kid who's never been in a fight? Your average man could knock her over with a back hand.

Then why keep making Star Wars movies?

It's pretty hard to be worse than NAeww Hope Awakens

Fucking Ruskies and their dyslexic letters

Is that supposed to be planet Ireland?

i predict it will become the best star wars spinoff in all the history of humankind

this, you people are the new "how can finn be black if all stormtroopers are clones?" of the ep7 prerelease period

is that last word on the poster how Russians say Kino

captcha: 3333

Far worse, who gives a fuck about them stealing the plans and all the characters are dead now.

Worse, but I am a biased daisyfag.

It's more franchise than movie now.

>diverse cast
>all human

pick one

>they will never stop making Star Wars movies
>these movies will never be anything more than aggressively competent

Worse tbqh
I'm literally considering not even watching it

I'll never pay for another new star wars movie

Better than the best Star Wars movie? Doubt it.

>dozens of aliens that are just "human with (blue/red/green/purple/etc.) skin and (horns/tentacle hair/fins/demon eyes/etc.)
>never have a sexy female example of one of these alien races as a significant character

Motherfucker I want my sexy Chiss girl protagonist.

a fucking model?

Gonna skip it. It's just gonna be lots of generic action sequences with nothing intellectually stimulating it all. May as well play a Star Wars video game so that at least you're personally involved in the action thats taking place.

... those sound like pretty fucking minor changes if you ask me

also considering the rebels and empire are fighting multiple battles over various planets why would they all have the exact same toys? Maybe these new crafts are better suited for this new beach planet?

It's not that random or world breaking, that's all I'm saying. I'd worry more about the actual script which seems to be just as corny as episode IV.

Shit, now I'm not even sure if that's a good or bad thing

Stop trying to make excuses for this utter garbage you fucking reddit faggot.

>another ANH wankfest that completely ignored the prequels
dead on arrival

>vietnam war in space
>massive reshoots
>iRebel

It sounds incredible, but it will be worse.

I'm not, if anything I'm worried about the damn movie

but the fucking least of its problems are going to be the crafts having slight alterations, i know that much

>fucking reddit faggot

you know, it's fuckheads like you that make this board so fucking cancerou

Going to print up a t-shirt that says "Just Here For Mads" and I'll wear it to this and Dr. Strange.

Go back to red dit user, faggots like you regardless of where they came from have always been called out for their bullshit.

It's probably going to be just as bad, if not worse, than TFA. There was little to no originality in TFA, and people ate it up. So, they're obviously going to repeat that formula until people get sick of it, which, judging by the success of the Marvel movies, will be never. It's sad, too; they took a beloved franchise, and drove the final nail in the coffin.

Nice, isn't actually capable of discussing film so resorts to "LOL GO BACK TO RED DIT!!!!"

red dit is admittedly a horrible site but you're on a whole new level of stupid, back to the womb you go user

worse

It will be a very pretty action movie, but nothing more

I;m honestly okay with that because at this point i've seen this franchise get raped, killed, revived and raped again long enough to the point where I just don't give a fuck anymore

doesn't this shit come out in like a month? Where's all the hype? has Disney already burned people out?

>has Disney already burned people out?

yup. 2 star wars movies per year (forever and ever), that's just too much

Same level if not slightly better.
And it comes from somebody who doesn't like Star Wars that much.

Watching something original (for once) which is not completely cannon might be good.

Can't be worse

A Fucking Cave

I've been discussing things this entire thread but all the points you keep trying to make are stupid. It's very obvious you don't understand the fundamentals of what 're talking about. Now please go back.

tfa was enough to turn away most of the old fans.

Dont care. Its all just souless corporate paintbynumbers film-making. Fuck your useless generation for PAYING to be shat upon.

The cave had an explanation before disney fucked everything.

disney employee spotted

>Y-you're stupid!

BACK TO LE-DDIT!

First he said there were not many new ships and when proven wrong tried to make excuses as to why there were. That seems pretty stupid to me.

>first "he" said
it's the same retarded user.

They truly are the most indoctrinated generation since the boomers

Counter-culture! Fight the power! All movies ever made past this era in history are terrible!

>reshoots
>loads of writers
Going to be a mess sadly.

Rogue Ones director wanted to give it a more military sci-fi feel. Thus there was a large amount of weapons to be featured in the film. Disney however reshot it, certainly to try and make it more MEMBER BERRY and quippy.

Episode 7 was made simply as a rehash of Episode 4, which only had Tie Fighters and X-Wings. Thus, we only got TIE fighters and X-Wings.

We'll see if the coward comes back to defend himself.

There does seem to be a point where young people have stopped caring completely about anything making sense, and only use what is perceived as popular as social currency.

Stormtroopers are inept in everything they do though.

Disney had plans for reshoots eaven before movie started shooting, also after reshoots, all of promotion went into "it is a war movie" theme

Actually they were saying it was going to be a war movie before they started filming. They're not saying that any more.

>taking unverified sources on Reddit seriously
You're beyond YouTube comment levels of retarded.

rogue squadron was created after the battle of yavin by luke and wedge

the only way Rogue One can be worse than The Force Awakens is if it it winds up being the exact same story, beat for beat, of Saving Private Ryan or some shit.

Better.

I'm tired of mainline SW, so this seems more appealing to me.

irebel makes it pretty likely right off the bat.

You're the kind of reddit cuck that will eat up any shit they serve you.

k

>There is a new Imperial shuttle
For specific VIPs. Different branches of the US military use a lot of different helicopters and jets too, user.

>TIE Fighter with bat wings
It's not meant for atmospheric combat. It's designed for ground assault. They couldnt use it on Hoth because of the shield and Endor was a mess of giant trees. Again, it's like assuming every American tank in WW2 was an M4 Sherman. Not every army used the same equipment. It varies depending on the mission. an AT-ACT is specifically used for construction equipment.

>Imperial tank and the AT-AT have extra shit hanging off them not seen in the original films
So? We didn't see Snowtroopers, T-47's, AT-AT's or Scout troopers in ANH either. Just because it's not there doesn't mean it doesnt exist.

>All just to sell new toys
You're an idiot. It would be incredibly uninspired and idiotic to include just movie material. You have to add new elements. This is why fanboys are terrible directors.

except AT-ATs were first introduced on hoth, they're in the movie because toys, disney doesn't care and people recognize them

faggots like you have ruined Cred Forums

You're trying way too hard. Everyone with more than half a brain knows it's going to be fucking terrible.

>said to be extremely good soldiers in canon
>can't hit shit, die by truckloads
This annoys me way too much.

They were good unless they were fighting a group that contained the main characters.

Plot convenience, I know. Same thing in Indiana Jones and the films of this decade
Still makes some lines shit (too accurate for sandpeople muh sides)
Here's hoping they'll kill rebel scum in rogue one who am I kidding

They did very well in the opening of ANH and as mentioned wrecked those jawas. They did well on Hoth and did exactly what they were meant to on Bespin. I think in the old eu Palpatine mentions the troopers on Endor being a bunch of shit cunts but still that was pretty pathetic.

Tarkin also wanted the rebels to escape the death star.

>Episode 7 was made simply as a rehash of Episode 4, which only had Tie Fighters and X-Wings
Y Wings m80

I guess we're falling in the plot holes area if we investigate why they were shit
I really want more "realistic" film logics sometimes
Muh heroic main characters only entertain me so much

Where is my Kyle Katarn?

he is double non-existent now

This poster campaign is video game box art tier.

Disney can monetize better on merchandise if they use their own original characters.

He still may make a cameo on a cartoon like Thrawn did.

Last SW celebration, it was all about how RO is war move despite the reshoots.

They were lying to everyone user. Disney freaked when they saw what they had.

i would like a stream so we can laugh at this together

>I guess we're falling in the plot holes area if we investigate why they were shit
I thought it was due to the DNA slowly getting worse and worse and more tards being spawned.

I want reddit to leave

I don't really know what you mean. Luke and Leia had a lot of natural force talent and Han and Chewie wouldn't have lasted a week if they weren't good at what they did.

Such a waste

the marketing has been terrible. i don't know

SOMEONE

EXPLAIN

THIS

SHIT

>bitch is unsubtle shoot everything ignore mission type
>gets pulled in by the rebellion because what the fuck are you doing bitch
>dis rebellion, I le rebel
>HERE IS TOP SECRET MISSION OF MASS IMPORTANCE THAT REQUIRES SUBTLETY, YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN DO IT

Why?

WHY?

oh, Im sorry I had no idea that you have inside info. Please tell me more.

I don't get it.

She's just a fucking girl you misogynistic animal. Why CAN'T it be her?

As long as Kathleen "All men are pigs gender war now" is in charge the stonk woym will be pushed harder and harder

Gee I cant wait for diversity wars. Im so glad Disney turned star wars into a gay marvel cinematic universe where we will get this mediocre cookie cutter bullshit every year and "le epic nerds xD!" will gobble it up like the retards they are.

Wow, did you know this one stars a WOMAN?! Thats right boys, girls can kick butt too! Not to mention her team of orientals and negroes!

It was all over the media that they wanted to lighten the mood and add that classic star wars adventure feel. Where the fuck have you been?

fucking bigot racist misogynist!

Im going to get your IP address and then get you fired for opinion raping me!

>She's just a fucking girl

I recently started playing Jedi Knight II for the first time and that blaster that Stormtroopers have is fucking horseshit.

All the guns are inaccurate except the pistols which is true to 4-6.

This 100% correct

Retard

>is that last word on the poster how Russians say Kino
yes
"kino" is "cinema" in russian

leaked info about the tree of life that spreads out the force to the universe

member avatar?

because they did something similar in the cartoon series

>Amazing Spider-Man 2
>Inferno
>Rogue One

I'm glad she's getting roles in big films but she deserves something meatier. 10/10 waifu in Theory of Everything and a good enough actress that JYN ERSO should have more depth than Rey, who was a total nothing character.

It's a movie for pre-teen females,

Why do you guys even talk about it here?

Why don't we also talk about pic related? They are both aimed at mostly the same viewers.