Halloween Movie Thread

It's October 4th. You guys watching anything spooky tonight?

Pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=zI-aTycmzbo
youtube.com/watch?v=iBRhat_CcQM
youtube.com/watch?v=I6qri3HnUQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=YUtdGUAEttY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just finished this bad boy.

I read the book and fucking loved it but I don't think I've ever seen the complete movie somehow.

can someone explain the ending to me

Cinematographer for this is doing Fantastic Beasts

Which part exactly didn't you understand about it? Seemed pretty straightforward.

Trying to watch 3 a day for the month. Did Ring 2 and Mothman Prophecies earlier, neither were very good. Not sure what my third will be.

videodrome

ghostbusters 2016

ive been meaning to buy this and witches ghost.

Also i just watched curse of chucky the other night. might just watch an x files episode tonight

Did that one last october. bretty good.

I dont want to kill myself just yet

Back when I was at my old uni I had friends and we watched horror films together. I can't watch horror films by myself now because it is objectively worse.

I love this time of year. All I watch is horror movies, there's just so many to see.
Surprisingly good, didn't see that ending coming.

>No one hosting any fucking streams

Seeing how this is Cred Forums I'd imagine this being a bit more commonplace

I've been watching X Files, does that count as Halloween themed?

works for me

that show can be spooky

very good

WHAT IS THAT WHAT IS IT

ive tried to ask for streaming sites today and everyone says there are none

ustream.

If I were to choose a horror movie to watch every day for the entire month of October this would be it.

free ones isnt that not free or trial only bologna

Streams are a great opportunity to laugh, cry and shitpost with Cred Forums.

you can still stream with a basic account but I have no clue what restrictions that has.

I remember streamup being a pretty decent site, but it looks like sometime in the past few months they've rebranded as a 'live music video' streaming site.

gotcha ill check it out thanks

if anyone has knows any other alternatives let me know

Don't you mean.... Delicious?

Fuck off faggots. That movie was DDull and BBoring as shit link related
m.youtube.com/watch?v=zI-aTycmzbo

>he lets cinema sins form his opinion

>bologna = food

Baloney = what you meant

>be me 6 year old user
>watching re-animator
>rape scene comes
>my first boner

About 20 min into this

just watched the witch. some interesting scenes in the last half hour but dull as fuck until that point. Thomasin had a nice ass.

I saw Livide last night.

It was alright. Not fantastic, but it didn't insult my intelligence like many horror films tend to.

About to watch IT for the first time after work, is it any good?

the first part with the kids is great

the second part with the adults is boring as fuck. "Oh, I'm old now and I don't wanna go back, but we made a promise to each other" over and over.

comfy

About to watch this for the first time in many years

Have you ever seen the sequel? I enjoy that one a lot. Basically, a guy who grew up in Salem's Lot goes back with his kid and the entire town is run by vampires.

I seen the japanese Ring 1-3, is the American one any different?
I'm not even sure I liked any of those movies... it has this one "great" sequence which would be the VHS film, and everything's built on that. But that's it. There's nothing more to it, it was quite boring otherwise.
One of the sequels also featured a gigantic version of the evil spirit, that was nice.

I don't know the name right now, but the only Japanese horror I found entertaining, as well as somewhat disturbing, was a movie about people being consumed by the internet. It had a very desolated atmosphere.

Trick r Treat is fucking fantastic.

Does The Dark Knight count as a Halloween movie?

sorry no

>Cred Forums has basically the entire history of film for free, on demand, thanks to the internet
>Cred Forums obsessed with RLM
>Cred Forums full of contrarian assholes
>Cred Forums still can't post anything but IMDb Top 250 in horror threads

explain this shit

The majority of obscure horror movies are obscure for a reason: they're shit.

There are better lists on the internet anyway.

It Follows.

It was better than expected.

Ending was shit.

Are you talking about the pool scene? It wasn't great, but I don't think it was particularly bad. I liked the ambiguous ending ending. We don't know if they truly defeated It.

And maybe I'm overanalyzing it but it seems to have some kind of message. Something about decline of the middle class or sheltered millennials aimlessly wondering through life. There was something melancholic and depressing about this movie.

the American Ring is much better, in my opinion. Just compare the Japanese cursed tape to the American cursed tape.

I think the American version has much more atmosphere, better pacing, better music, better cinematography. It's small details, like changing the Flintstone's sound effect "whomp" when they hit Sadako over the head to suffocating her with a plastic bag while her foster mother thinks about how badly she wanted a daughter. It makes a huge difference, emotionally.

The Sadako 3D films are just silly. All jump scares. Good for a laugh, I guess.

Ring 2 turned into self-parody. And it was by the director of the original Japanese film.

youtube.com/watch?v=iBRhat_CcQM

The ending isn't really that ambiguous. The guy just passed the curse to a hooker. Once the thing kills her (an it will because she isn't even aware of the monster), it will come for the guy once more.
If I was him I would go to Thailand, ask for the hooker with the most clientele, and fuck her.

>The guy just passed the curse to a hooker
We don't know that. And in the last shot you can see someone walking behind them.

Poor, poor Naomi Watts. She deserves better.

The Collector and The Collection are underrated

my parents were letting me stay home alone by the time I was 7, along with that never cared what i watched moving rating wise

>see Halloween for the first time

absolutely fucking terrified, every light in the house on, in a room with 3 exits waiting to run from that fucker

i dont think ill ever get affected by a movie like that again.

>the others
>dat nostalgia

When I first started dating my wife, we watched this together on our second date. Let's just say we never finished it.

>inb4 wife
>inb4 cuck
>inb4 marriage
>inb4 jamal, mohammed, etc.

>Let's just say we never finished it.
Pleb.

Seconding this. I like how they completely switched genres for the sequel. It's basically like Alien and Aliens.

One of the rare cases of the movie being superior to the book. By the way, if you enjoyed Interview with the Vampire, check out The Vampire Lestat, the second part of the Vampire Chronicles. That one is definitely the strongest one.

NOT THE BEES

Im going to fap to the riding riding hood again

THE GREATEST SCOOBY-DOO MOVIE EVER MADE

Overrated shit.

I was not paying attention, was he a witch all along or did she join in the end? Why were they kicked out, did her brother fuck her?

Indeed. I started with the second but enjoyed the first more.

this worth watching?

Yeah, but some stuff is left out. I'd recommend trying the books out afterward.

yes.

Last Halloween my gf wanted to watch something "unsettling" so I put La Jetée.
She had some sort of a panic attack during the dream sequence, shut it down and ran to the bathroom.
I rec it.

These, all great Halloween movies.

Also the VHS series and The Guest.

Hocus Pocus is the only one that's obligatory though.

Go to pic related

Always been one of my favourites.

Children of the corn

What are some family friendly spoops?

Just marathoned this, was it good?

Watched Kill List with the gf yesterday. She actually stayed awake the whole time.

what an annoying post

No. The first one's alright, though.

What did go so right?

Fuck, the performance of Cruise, Pitt and that Dunst was fucking amazing in this.

I really want to find a horror with rich atmosphere, something surreal but still creepy.

Suspiria.

Never actually watched that, thanks

I'd swap out Scary Godmother for the original ring, I love to watch watch both.

just saw they make a fucking remake with Chloe

why.jpg

What the hell kind of job do you have where you have time to watch 3 movies a day?

I recommend An American Werewolf in London.

Roll with the classics, can't go wrong.

Vampyr
Repulsion
Videodrome
Don't Look Now
Eyes Without a Face
The Haunting of Julia
Nosferatu the Vampyre
The Company of Wolves
Let's Scare Jessica to Death

does anyone else have anymore horror charts like the one in my post?
i'd appreciate if someone help me out

I watch Pet Sematary around this time every year.

>SUMTAHMS DED IS BEDDAH LOUIS

thanks, haven't seen any of these either

anyone know if
The Ninth Configuration or The Cure are good?

Probably my favorite horror movie. Not sure of a release date, but I'm really looking forward to the documentary Unearthed & Untold: The Path to Pet Sematary.

Has anyone seen kwaidan?

A suprisingly great movie.

No, any good?

ITS TERROOOOOOOOR TIME AGAIN

The Blackcoat's Daughter is worth checking out

All great titles

Yes. It's fantastic. Creepy as fuck and utterly gorgeous.

I also leave that lesser known but pretty recent german horror movie here. Really great atmosphere, surprisingly gory near the end and with an interesting subtext.

Well it's not spooky but it is awesome

il; give it a shot

>mfw there will never be a witching hour movie because it's way too long

this

Exorcism of Emily Rose is always a must watch around Halloween for me, no matter how many times I watch it I still get chills watching the 3am scenes and the barn scene. The courtroom bits are comfy as fuck though.

can you post the unmarked one

witches aren't real

The 'Burbs

Nice one

Agree,since i was a kid this movie gave me the chills

>oct 4'th
what is so special about this day?

I started watching spooker movies last month. I'm thinking of starting the Friday the 13th series tonight. I'm gonna watch every single one.

I've seen the both of these so many times. They were some of the first dvds my sisters got and they would watch them constantly.

I mean, he's not COMPLETELY off. I thought the VVITCH had some really cool moments and was really neat conceptually, but it was really dull. Nothing scary about it.

watch this
I'll admit it might not be for everyone's tastes, but I loved it.

Watching the Exorcist 3 right now. This is horror kino right here. After part 2 I thought the Exorcist franchise was dead in the water, but this surpasses the first in spooky factor

just saw the thing, just as great as the first time

The rest are as bad or worse than 2. Stop at 3.

Is The Ninth Configuration good?

What about Phase IV?

Exorcist 3, much like Halloween 3, is one of the best and most underrated horror films ever made. No one that has seen that film can look at this picture and not feel at least a little uneasy.

it's great

excellent list

which one?

Spent all night downloading it. Only got halfway through if that before I deleted this hunk of shit. Listening to the audiobook to cleanse my pallet. Even the book isn't so great so far. God damn it.

yes

Just finished it now, truly one of the best horror films I've seen recently. That hallway scene was fantastic!

I think Psycho 2 falls in the same category of underrated/underappreciated horror sequels.

If you're not into late 70's made for TV cheese then you're not gonna like any filmed version of Salem's Lot. It's from a different time. I don't know if you would have a better time with the 2000's version but I'd avoid it and stick with the book if I was you if the 70's version pissed you off.

what's the context of this pic?

Hell yeah, I've got it on my list to re-watch sometime before Halloween, I usually do a re-watch of it and the first one every year.

YES, perfect example, Anthony Perkins is fantastic in that. The shovel scene always gets a laugh out of me. I honestly like the third one too for how cheesy it is too.

currently on an old horror film binge

Watching this tonight kek

This is pretty decent.

i stream rarely and i can only get 50 viewers max

but i do stream sometimes. it's always a good time

Inferno.

part time, work about 28 hours a week. even on days with 8 hour shifts I still find enough time to fit in 3 movies, not that hard to do. Besides this is something I'm only going to do for october anyway. Watched American Werewolf last year, good movie.

Also did Wickerman last year. Surprised at how much better it was than the remake.

just watched this, fun and simple movie even though it didnt have a lot of spookiness

Reminder that Lestat did nothing wrong.

My favorite of all time :)

Honestly, it was all Claudia's fault. But she was a spoiled adult stuck forever in a child's body.

Some old fucking video of Tarantino getting harassed by paparazzi whilst he was out to get coffee. He ends up burning his tongue and keeps repeating "What's going on here"

Tonight i watched pic related. Doing one a night for October.

So far I've watched: the original Evil Dead, Eraserhead, Killer Klowns from Outer Space and Ichi the Killer.

Tomorrow is Critters.

Wheres my cake Bedelia

I want my fathers day cake

>Stephen King's useless "story"

Crate was best IMO

How can you not love meteor shit?

This fucking Who face

I don't go looking for it online like an autistic mess, I let it come to me on tv.

I'll keep my eye on Chiller or SyFy unless Spix,IFC, or Sundance come with some shit.

Leave this board please you fucking faggot

Is this Halloweenkino?

>Spix

1. Is that an actual channel name?
2. Why does trying to find something to watch that matches the season make someone an "autistic mess"?

Do you also think that people who want to watch Christmas movies in December are an "autistic mess"?

>I don't go looking for it online like an autistic mess

You sound like a goddamn imbecile.

Huluween 13 nights of Elvira.

>DAYYY OOH

Know any good "Andy the Swedish-German" jokes?

Just watched this and The Day After. It's not really horror but it's creepy as it is depressing.

Thank god more people are seeing this. Super under-seen for how good it is.

HAHAHA XD

Answer the fucking question or don't fucking reply to me at all.

If you use the word "Kino" as an adjective you should be shot in the fucking head.

ALRIGHT YOU FAGS,
SHOULD I WATCH MANIAC COP
OR MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE

terrible.

what is a >neo-monster

Both good, but Maximum Overdrive is more entertaining.

Just saw this kino for the first time. "Aliens" was better.

>Cannibal
>The Green Inferno

Stopped reading right there. If that's on there I can assure you that the rest of the suggestions are just as bad.

>Witches Ghost
Had a childhood crush on these three cuties as well as Raven from Teen Titans.

Watched this and We Are Still Here today. I'm running out of half-decent spooky movies on Netflix.

Pleb

the crow will be a better selection

for an action halloween themed

I actually really like the Shrek movies, except for the third and I fucking hate how the meme made it impossible to talk about.

Don't forget to watch Blade 2 while you're at it.

is "We Are Still Here" good? I started it and forgot to finish

>not Boo Brothers
>not Ghoul School

Get.

Out.

It was ok. Nothing great, but I enjoyed it well enough.

Zombie Island is objectively the best thing to come out of the entire Scooby Doo franchise.

That is not only not right, it is not even wrong.

Never post again.

Mystery Inc. buttfucks that movie.

Recently watched pic related. It's pretty spoopy, and well made in general, same regisseur as The Chaser and The Yellow Sea.

I'm trying to watch a horror movie every day until Halloween, starting yesterday. I won't succeed, probably, because I'm a graduate student and I have to do all those "having a life" type things, but I'll at least have seen a lot more horror movies by the 31st.

Yesterday, I watched We Are Still Here. Nice little homage to 70s/80s haunted house movies like Poltergeist.

Today, I watched 28 Days Later, which I somehow hadn't seen. Might be my favorite zombie movie now. Should I bother with 28 Weeks Later?

I'm totally open to recommendations. I'd really like a GENUINELY scary werewolf movie.

Also, I love when protagonists go full fucking terrifying psycho mode on the bad guys near the end of horror movies like Jim did in 28 Days Later. Anything else where that happens? It's so fucking cathartic.

Having a life definitely sucks in October but just remember all the hot sluts in skimpy costumes we get to look at and hopefully fuck from the 29th-31st. It helps me get through the days.

Good werewolf movies:

An American Werewolf in London
Bad Moon
Silver Bullet
Dog Soldiers
The Howling
Ginger Snaps

These are alright.

youtube.com/watch?v=I6qri3HnUQQ

youtube.com/watch?v=YUtdGUAEttY

>and hopefully fuck
I haven't gotten laid in like 2-3 years, but I've been focusing on getting my shit together and recovering from some serious emotional damage. Gonna start trying to date again starting in November since I got a job at a restaurant and that's when it opens.

Any opinion on 28 Weeks Later?
I've seen An American Werewolf in London. It was good but not all that scary. I'll certainly check the rest out too. Thank you.

>Unfriended

>Paying for cable
The toppest of keks

Cred Forums and /x/ are the best to fund streams

Suptv dot org also playa a lot of movies

This is really fucking comfy

It's not hard to check which suggestions are bullshit.

Just downloaded that last night.

I've watched so far this month:

1. The Thing
2. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
3. Suspiria
4. Evil Dead
5. (today) The Conjuring

This. Was. Shit.

Stop promoting this absolute piece of shit, user. It wasn't good. Period. Stop it.

Is this kino any decent? The trailers kinda make it look like commie bullshit.

Everything that doesn't involving practical effects stinks. You know..the acting, characters, and plot. There are scenes that make it worth a watch, though.

I didn't like it much while watching it but I could appreciate it a bit more after thinking on it. Main character is still probably the worse thing about it though.

Lake Mungo is atrocious.

pretty bad chart imo

I watched Inferno a month ago, just as a heads up to everyone, it's the middle chapter of a Trilogy that starts with Suspiria. A much better film IMO.

I still can't believe how good Tom Cruise was in this movie.

Don't ever watch Mother of Tears. Piece-of-Shit / 5

Livid was much better "sibling" to the series.

There are plenty of horror movies that deal with paranoia, grief, and other psychological fears. Are there any that deal with self-worth and social fears?

I mean, I guess Carrie, kinda, but preferably something scarier and that isn't a movie about high school students.

tarantula memeario ouchie hoT!

I would watch it for Screaming Mad George's makeup/special effects

Repulsion, sorta.

Yes ser

The House of the Devil, I guess

I need something in the same vein as videodrome.

Already checked out in the mouth of madness and I couldn't make it through scanners

Last year's Halloween was just so fucking comfy here. Bob Ross marathon with great live threads and tons of horror related threads with almost no shitposting and full of interesting discussion. Easily some of the most fun I've ever had here

Thanks, user

Just watched it. pretty meh.

>REC 2

good shit.

Maximum Overdrive. Do give Maniac Cop a watch in the near future though.

Nuh uh, it was amazing

Which horror movie should I watch?
Plan 9 From Outer Space or Manos: The Hands Of Fate.

Are there any good Asian Halloween movies?

Plan 9 is overall more entertaining than Manos. I can enjoy Manos on my own, but most seem to prefer watching it with friends or on MST3K.

>2016
>not calling pajams jam jams
lel