ITT: Reboot something, but darker

Apparently the current trend in the film industry is to reboot stuff from the 20th century, but darker. So I challenge you to do the same, Cred Forums.

Pick a 20th century flick
Tell us about how much darker and edgier your version is

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dQMHVfHya68
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

was kaa a bad guy in that movie? I never saw the new movie, but kaa was more of a mentor in the book.

Hallow man
Michael Fassbender

>takes place between hallow man 1 and 2, Fassbender working to replace all of the work lost in the lab explosion from 1
>weird things happen during research, a lot of near misses
>fuck it, keep on sciencing
>Fassbender completes research, turns invisible, deaths of his closest friends and family begin to occur, everyone thinks he's on a mad killing spree
>end up detaining Fassbender
>crazy shit stops happening for a while
>murders start happening again
>Turns out Kevin Fucking Bacon's character is still alive somehow and was the one committing the murders

It will end with a super bloody showdown between Bacon, Fassbender and the remaining researchers

>Apparently
Its been known for quite some time you schmuck

Yes basically the same role as the animated Disney film

also voiced by ScarJo

kaa told him his past. but was also going to eat him.

i remember a few years ago tim burton said he wanted to do a live action hunchback of notre dame, obviously the darker book version. Im guessing thatll never happen, or maybe it will now tht its becoming the trend.

Liar Liar

A man becomes unable to lie, and admits more and more until he confesses to an affair, and we follow his life unraveling as we see into the closets we all keep our skeletons hidden in.

it beats "reboot something, but as a comedy" everytime.

>keep on sciencing

Go back.

bite me nigger

>voiced by ScarJo
In Russia we always had Kaa as a male snake, i don't get it why but it just better. Just look at the OP post - they tried to give the snake some feminine features, when all they had to do is to show a snake.

bad example.

The Jungle Book was a BOOK first and it was dark as fuck compared to the disney cartoon.

The anime and the CGI movie were much closer to the original.

Someone at disney heard this and copied it half-heartedly.
youtube.com/watch?v=dQMHVfHya68

we've got a hot head folks

i actually wrote out a treatment for a reboot of L Ron Hubbard's "Battlefield Earth". it was very much a grimdark BSG reboot style thing, that made the Psychlos look like a cross between giger's alien and the skeksis from The Dark Crystal.. but they were the good guys. the humans, under the savage rule of prime asshole Johnny Goodboy, were the bad guys. the Psychlos were trying to teach them about empathy and not raping people, but they wouldn't have any of it.

Sounds a bit like The Gift

>suddenly that scene
>all that /ss/ implication

Or, y'know, fucking Liar Liar

Nah

too lazy to play your game OP, but someone do E.T.

exist a book of the jungle book?!

Pic Related

>Fuck the shitty gargoyles
>Frollo is a more tragic villain
>Cut out shitty romance between Esmeralda and Phoebus in favor of more accurate dynamic between Esmeralda and Phoebus, Frollo, Quasi

>Alternatively, just make it like the book

Snow White like it SHOULD have been

>Queen is actually a King, who is jealous of Snow White's independense and intelligence
>Assassin tries to go through with killing her but SW heroically fights him off
>When SW finds the Seven Dwarves and they expect her to do housework, she informs them of the negatives involved in gender roles, and instead teaches them to
>King disguises himself as a frat boy and offers her a glass of beer, which has been roofied
>When prince arrives to kiss her back to life she wakes up and lectures him on rape culture and the importance of consent

MICHAEL BAY PRESENTS: MR. RODGER'S NEIGHBORHOOD

Ironic. Didn't he rape her in the original story?

>Be a vore fag
>Also be into /ss/

>Sweat out the entirety of the water in my body and die of desiccation

Mars Attacks!
Take out any wit and dark humor. Make it an alien invasion movie like War of the Worlds

Bambi.

Now it is live action, very grimdark and always takes place in a blue/gray washed forest, similar to the ones in idaho or oregon. The part where his mother gets killed is now over half an hour and involves modern 'bow and arrow hunting' by an amateur hunter, possibly a child hunting its first prey under the guidance of his father, meaning that she will get hit several times, all over her body, while she slowly bleeds to death and yells for little bambi to run away and save his life.

Years later grown bambi gets revenge on the now grown child (he remembers his smell), and tramples him to death in front of his child, giving the story a 'full circle'.
Bambi then gets hit by a truck while crossing the highway, ending the story with a sour aftertaste for the audience.

This would be pure kino

Peter pan is a serial child rapist that lives in the abandoned amusement part "neverland" Captain hook is a police captain that is obssesed with catching him after he snatched Hook's child

Wasn't Peter Pan already dark rebooted with Robin Williams

Soylent Green, Charlton Heston is in a science team on a mission to discover the bizarre murders that started in the last 2 months. People are violently attacking each other without warning and some horrific face eating has occurred. Through a long series of conspiratorial events, he discovers that the food developed to save the overpopulated world of 20 billion, is actually made out of pure human flesh, it tragically mutated however and then it began turning people into zombies. Man was never meant to eat mankind on such a scale.

Eventually its discovered that this has been covered up by the Monsanto like group and eventually the food was engineered to turn people into zombies even worse, hoping for mass decimation of the human race.

Charlton actually is seduced to believe that a controlled mass extinction of the human race is logical until his assistant played by Eva Green notices that one zombie has regained conciousness.

Now Charlton is going to fight the Monsanto type corp for saving humankind from a zombie virus.

It is a reexamination of overpopulation, now that our worlds pop has doubled+ since the original film, and also our genetically modified food issues and ethics of food, and does even OPop justify murder or is life always just as sacred?

I guess the zombie idea is super played out but I think it might be okay if you make them just more of a side note then the heroes quest and adventure through a massive dystopian New York and DaVinci Code type secrets.