Is this pseudo-intellectual or a genuine work of art?

Is this pseudo-intellectual or a genuine work of art?

everything man made that elicits feelings is a work of art, by definition

no, it's genuinely artistic. It's fairly intellectual but there's not a really high barrier for entry. It's pretty well spelled out for you with no obscure references or anything. The film even opens with the Bible verse that explains its core thematic material

You wouldn't get it if your are an atheist.

kill yourself, relativist

poor's man tarkovsky

Don't be afraid. If you're sincerely interested in something than go ahead.

If you sincerely dislike it, than be sincere.

If you sincerely really enjoy it, than be sincere.

It's all you got motherfucker, and all you need is the balls to fucking close on your feelings. Not wondering if Sky and Chance and Chad on Cred Forums are gonna give you the emotional dildo's you need to get through another pointless jack-off night.

Because emotions only count on the real dick, my friend, and are you a slut who goes for flesh and blood, or you a fake cunt who's only about plastic dildo shit?

Fuck you, good night.

How is it trying to be "intellectual"?

It's trying to evoke emotions, not offer some intellectual insight.

but its true, "work of art" doesnt mean its good

During the filming of which movie did Malick make some old actor climb a tree for three hours and then never put it in the movie again?

Is this that one they accidentally played out of order at a legitimate film festival and no one even noticed?

I mean, does that not really say something about this movie and the people who enjoy it?

>DUDE MEN ARE BAD WOMEN ARE GOOOD
reddit: the flick

This is probably one of the funnier things I find about brief-movie watchers, is they think these are anything than emotional experiences. Like movies are a coach for the next Dinner, Dance, and Dicking.

Gentlemen, if you wanna expand your mind while having things "done" to you, then I'd stick to meditation and book-reading. Cause movie watching is for ADD cunts like me who enjoy a good emotional-shot to the eyes, mind, and heart.

That's all there is.

Last time I checked, Nietzsche wasn't quoting Cormac McCarthy, all he quoted was his own thoughts and thoughts stolen from weaker, quieter, more poignant cunts on his block.

So you're saying it's forced melodrama. Okay.

Get on your knees and suck the cock of Poetry, welcome to the ball-craddles kid.

Do you wanna know what Poetry's middle name is? FUCK YOU, that's what poetry's middle name is. You think it follows rules? You think Poetry gives a fuck about making any fucking sense? Did Caw Cawww Quoth the fucking Raven make sense? No fella.

Did Epic Of Giglamesh make any goddamn fucking sense? I DON'T THINK SO.

Cause Poetry fucks your mother and jokes with your dad while you're leashed to see it all you dumb cunt.

It takes brass fucking balls to watch Poetry. Even the liberals have enough balls for poetry.

And does Malick's films need sequences? FUCK YOU THEY DO NOT.

Well, it stars Brad Pitt AND Sean Penn, so yeah, it's pseudo-intellectual garbage.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Any great film is about evoking emotions.

If you actually think films are a good source of intellectual insight you are either a teenager or legitimately retarded.

To this day I don't understand how people can be so upset about movies. It's as if they were robbed the most precious two hours of their life via watching a film they didn't enjoy.

This film is simply an exploration of several themes. It doesn't have any intellect you cannot possess, nor does it pretend to have it. It's not "forced" melodrama because it's a re-telling. It doesn't make a difference, but this is based on Terry's own life. Nothing forced about memories.

It's not the fact that they lost 2 hours that angers them, they are angered by the fact that other people got enjoyment out of it and they didn't

this, but I'd phrase it as a compliment

Malick is second only to based Tark in revealing the majesty of the Love of God

There is nothing majestic about believing in a magical sky daddy. Maybe you should drop that and join the rest of us logical human beings living in the 21st century.

I already know some cunt who believes in God is the real dick. He's gonna tell me shit I'm gonna think about. Is it gonna be life and death? No but it's gonna be something and it's gonna impression itself into my grey matter.

You, I know you're a cunt, and you believe in the same I do, but that doesn't mean there's a connection.

Takes real balls to look past the red-tape. Real fucking brass shit clickers.

>magical sky daddy
kill yourself

He said that very seasoned. I'd be very weary of cylinder objects around this man.

I took two friends to see Inside Llewyn Davis in theaters

they didn't get it and were really mad at the end that I loved it.