Is Cred Forums looking forward to Shin Godzilla?

Is Cred Forums looking forward to Shin Godzilla?

James already reviewed it
youtube.com/watch?v=uxElq1GXav8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zgyq6YKeIms
youtube.com/watch?v=XgSU6MuWKpk
youtube.com/watch?v=Wx7SySU05bQ&list=PL_Bg39cb6VXImKhiTQEB6vUwfPg1vjGD9&index=12
youtube.com/watch?v=GRYq58QPTk8
scifijapan.com/articles/2016/09/22/shin-godzilla-us-theater-list-from-funimation-films/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-12-02/eleven-arts-reveals-u.s-theater-lineup-for-evangelion-3.0-screenings
twitter.com/Legion_1996/status/758251271925014532
youtube.com/watch?v=CrXTS10h2WI
youtube.com/watch?v=CX-ZGzVXohs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What a goofy-looking creature.

Yup

Well it's like a baby somewhat

bump

>tfw got best seats in my theatre because barely anyone in my area knew it was even releasing here

You bet I'm ready

I'm seeing a tech screening at the theater I work at with a buddy

Saving 15 fuckin' dollars, can't get a better deal than that

bump

Didn't know or didn't care... or both?

>nearest theater is a 6 hour drive from me

You should really be getting paid to see it as this flick is obviously bad.

>obviously bad
iv'e been hearing nothing but good things.

>tfw Yuropoor and they are not even releasing DVD here

New Godzilla looks like shit. It's another reboot movie. Godzilla doesn't battle any other monsters. Effects are all CG. So.. no. I'm not going to see it.

get fuk

Japs are either always going to retarded extremes or falling short. Every fucking time

>make BIGGU NEW SCURRY GOJIRAA!!!!

>give it tard arms

>Godzilla doesn't battle any monster, so it must be shit

That's a big baby.

I can't fathom why people are so exited for this, it looks bad and has gotten mediocre to bad reviews. HE HAS GOOGLEY EYES FOR FUCK'S SAKE

nice try but I gave four reasons why it's shit

American Godzilla is a joke now

wasn't American Godzilla always a joke?

>comes from the sea
>looks like an eel

Works for me, though eels are inherently goofy looking.

Not edgy enough for you? Tail needs to be made out of dead bodies to be worthwhile?

Ah that's what the bug eyes remind me of!

By the time he grows full-sized, the eyes aren't as silly.

his arms never grows full-sized

I'm looking forward to it. Like what I've seen so far. I'm very tolerant with the Godzilla franchise and change doesn't bother me. This movie is going to be strictly for Godzilla fans and no one else really. They just won't get it. That's why you'll get a lot of jackass posts on a thread like this. They don't care. So they can just stay home.

>Godzilla 2014 comes out
>everyone shits on the movie because of the lack of on-screen Godzilla

>Shin Godzilla comes out
>everyone loves it because of MUH TOHO even though Godzilla has even less screentime in it than the American version

more like a frilled shark

Reviews have largely been positive. Especially in its home country where terms like masterpiece were thrown around. It's also the second highest grossing film in Japan this year, Anno's biggest hit to date, and the most successful Japanese Godzilla film in decades.

The human drama in Godzilla 2014 was awful. While the characters, score, and pacing in Shin Godzilla is said to be much better. Stop with this meme.

I've seen it. The human characters in Shin Godzilla are just as flat as their American counterparts - unless you find Japanese businessmen furrowing their brows at paperwork and televisions absolutely captivating.

From what I've heard the characters all have likable personalities and the editing/pacing/camerawork keeps things lively. Multiple reviewers have described it as a Neon Genesis Evangelion episode without the psychological element. And allegedly Godzilla is used more effectively throughout the film, instead of just in the last twenty minutes like in Godzilla 2014. His presence is felt whether or not he is on screen. Sounds like Gojira (1954).

I hated Evangelion, so my hype is at a minimum.

You were honestly expecting something different?

Not really, I just find hypocrisy entertaining.

> Godzilla 2014: Godzilla is obscured by darkness or only partially visible. Until the last act he is only teased and treated as a narrative afterthought. The human protagonist is some expressionless, emotionless, mute character that hardly interacts with anyone and all the other characters are sidelined early on.

> Shin Godzilla: The titular character is on full display and the film revolves around him. You get a wide range of perspectives and different personality types interacting with one another.

Gee, I wonder why one is liked more than the other

I unironically loved the 2014 Godzilla

This, it's a good movie. 2014's design is one of the best, regardless of the movie itself.

The third act makes up for the rest of it, but they better have more monster carnage in the next one.

It is pretty funny watching Japan get cucked by America in Shin Godzilla, that's for sure.

youtube.com/watch?v=zgyq6YKeIms trailer is pretty hype

>I don't know what hypocrisy means

>internet grammar nazi
>2016

C'mon, dude. I'm gonna write "literally" just for the sake of triggering you.

Didnt like James review for this or Godzilla 14.
He's too emotional in both.

Like in this one, they go a couple of minutes saying "its just different and i dont know how to explain it", nigga if youre not gonna bother to rationalize why you liked what are you doing?

Cuz people like Godzilla movies? Ive lived trough 3 big g's eras counting this one, its part of every decade to have its own G movies,

I wasn't referring at all to your grammar, I was telling you that you were wrong.

But go ahead and continue to wave your retardation around like it's something to be proud of.

>it looks bad and has gotten mediocre to bad reviews
Virtually all of those negative reviews are from Westerners. And many of them didn't understand the film as evidenced by the muh nationalism complaints. Even still, there are plenty of positive reviews from Western critics.

>The third act makes up for the rest of it
Really now? I found the third act underwhelming. It was okay. But not worth tolerating most of what came before. And the nuclear ending still upsets me.

Torn on seeing it. On one hand, new jap Godzilla. On the other hand, so much stupid shit.

>the head on Godzilla's tail
>the arms
>his upper jaw rising up so he can shoot atomic breath
>atomic breath being purple
>atomic breath coming out of his spikes

Imagine if you were alive when Godzilla vs Megalon came out. Godzilla throwing a tail propelled kick is right in the trailer.

Even the Japanese youth at the time rejected Godzilla vs Megalon

Yeah but va Megalon was in the goofy "Godzilla is a hero" era so him doing weird shit works.

Here, it's just DUDE BODY HORROR LMAO

Since Mothra, Rodan, King Ghidorah and Godzilla (of course) are all in it, I would find it insane if there's no almost monster screen time kinda like 2014

that's the point

>I would find it insane if there's no almost monster screen time kinda like 2014

Gareth Edwards initially wanted to do the teasing again. It was a year before someone from the studio reassured fans there would be more scree time for the monsters. I guess someone started noticing the complaints online. Not that it matters much anymore since Edwards dropped out/got fired.

I like James and Mike but I don't feel like this was a very good review.

>both of them say they enjoy the movie but that it isn't perfect
>their biggest complaints are that its just Godzilla and its not just a guy in a suit the whole time
>because of that James recommends people avoid it if they aren't Godzilla fans

Am I missing something or was this a pretty lackluster review?

It hardly even registered to me as a review, more like a video on their first impressions. They talk about Godzilla and his abilities, the effects, trying to read all the subtitles, and barely delve deeper into the actual movie.

Which is fine and everything, it just felt weird since it felt like for most of the movie they had nothing but positive experiences to share about the movie, but then it felt like they gave it a fairly lukewarm recommendation.

Anyone here bough/downloaded the soundtrack yet? Persecution of the Masses is awesome.

>it felt like they gave it a fairly lukewarm recommendation.
To be fair, when it comes to recommending Godzilla stuff to non-fans, that's how it usually is. And this one seems divisive even among fans.

And yeah, there's some good shit in the soundtrack. Can't wait to download the movie too (not like I currently have any other option here in Yuropia) to hear how it goes to the scenes.

> Soundtrack

I understand that Anno was trying to recreate the authentic classic Toho experience by straight up recycling the old music and sound effects. And I appreciate that. But I think it would have been better to update them. Kaoru Wada actually did this recently:

youtube.com/watch?v=XgSU6MuWKpk

> And this one seems divisive even among fans.
Mainly those who haven't seen it. Shin Godzilla is literally the most successful Japanese film this franchise has had since the Golden Age and this film has already overtaken most of those entries.

it's a piss poor review

>Reviews have largely been positive. Especially in its home country where terms like masterpiece were thrown around. It's also the second highest grossing film in Japan this year, Anno's biggest hit to date, and the most successful Japanese Godzilla film in decades.
The same could be said for Force Awakens and JJ Abrams. Doesn't mean it's a good film is it?

bad comparison

Honestly, the small arms work.
Pretty sure most people who have complained about the design only watched 2014.

Why are you shitposting about Shin Godzilla?

it's easily the best Godzilla movie since 1984

>Godzilla 2014
>Godzilla is sorta part of the plot, but isn't a driving force at all. He just shows up where the MUTOs are for some contrived reason
>main antagonists are dumb radiation monsters
>drama is focused on how some literal-who soldier tries to help the military deal with these MUTOs while Godzilla shows up when he feels like

>Shin Godzilla
>Godzilla is the driving force of the plot, just like the 1954 film
>drama is focused on how the government of a country can deal with this "natural" disaster
>this drama is made even more interesting because this country is Japan and the use of its military for anything is highly controversial

I hope RLM does a review since this is exactly the kind of Godzilla Movie Mike said he wanted to see.

>classic 1954 music

I'm so happy they use it in the movie too

youtube.com/watch?v=Wx7SySU05bQ&list=PL_Bg39cb6VXImKhiTQEB6vUwfPg1vjGD9&index=12

Godzilla is a shit series though so it's not saying much. I mean, the one with Broderick was the best Zilla movie to date which is hilarious.

>Godzilla is a giant irradiated iguana

marine iguana retard

woah dude that fixes everything

I really hope they do review it. Curious see how they feel about it. Does anyone know if it would be their first tango with something from Anno?

You went specifically to a Godzilla thread to trash godzilla fans, that is what I find hilarious.

almost all godzilla suits had silly humanoid eyes, seriously go look at them. i dont know why he never just had normal reptile eyes

godzilla '84 was boring as fuck

Return of Godzilla was meh, m8. Biollante, Godzilla 2000, and GMK were the best films since the close of the Showa Era. Now it seems Shin Godzilla has surpassed them.

no love for destoroyah?

Here's just that guy in every thread, shitposting.

>not becoming tang with everyone else
What did Shinji mean by that?

You want to know what's hilarious? Look at your penis.

>2014
>how fucking dare those Hollywood fucking kike assholes shove Godzilla over to the sidelines in favor of some boring humans!

>2016
>b-baka! Godzilla isn't MEANT to be the main focus of a Godzilla movie, the humans around him are!

Realtalk: both movies are total turds, for different reasons and for many of the same reasons too

why are you even on this thread?

It's actually quite unsettling

>Godzilla isn't meant to be the main focus

But he is the main focus in the 2016 movie. There's no story if there is no Godzilla. In the 2014 movie, Godzilla is shoehorned into the plot but he is neither the antagonist nor the protagonist

See

Look at that adorable scamp! By the way, nice devil trips, user.

>Anno's biggest hit to date, and the most successful Japanese Godzilla film in decades.

Great, now he can finally start working on 4.0, it's not like we're waiting or anything

It has strong select moments, namely its last twenty minutes, though I don't think it really holds together in its entirety. What fails the most is the human drama. [spoiler[But Miki is as cute as always[/spoiler]

And for a film that takes such pride in its connection to Gojira (1954) and has the world's fate at stake, it really lacks a much needed sense of dread and tension. All life is literally on the verge of ending and everyone is fairly casual about it.

You do realize you could almost effortlessly write Godzilla out of Godzilla 2014, right? Shin Godzilla literally starts, revolves entirely around, and ends with Godzilla.

I don't know how they animated it to look so disturbing

feels like they added ragdoll to the model and let it slide

This... This is a workprint, right?

It honestly looks like a late PS2/launch PS3 game.

He's confirmed that he's working on 4.0, no doubt about it

Yeah he said that for years, but at last he's finally finished with Godzilla. Hope this breath of fresh air resourced him

For someone who as seen the film: what sort of roars do we hear? I'm hoping that they use more than the stock roar we hear all the time

For example, some of the guttural roars from 1954 are metal af, especially the one at 0:17
youtube.com/watch?v=GRYq58QPTk8

The man was left exhausted and depressed after You Can (Not) Redo. Although he initially rejected the offer, he later said working on Godzilla saved him. Now that he has completed Godzilla, he has confirmed that he is working hard on Evangelion again.

And, for those wondering, the reason he didn't want to write/direct Shin Godzilla at first was because 1) he wanted to finish Rebuild and 2) he didn't feel he could make anything to do Gojira (1954) justice. But it was Toho's kind insistence and him deciding to make a spiritual remake of Gojira (1954) that convinced him to change his mind.

>those car physics
>that yellow track that just fucking bounces like a ball

i'm hyped for the movie but top kek

Going to see it wednesday

Well, I can't wait to see Godzilla now. Anno is a really talented guy, and if him taking his time for 4.0 pays off I can't complain

Why do you even care about Eva 4.0? The entire series of movies has been just a caricature of itself, with less depth and more predictability. The development of those characters are also more bland than the original and the movies focus too much on mindless action. So, why do you care?

>Mike didn't like it because it didn't have off the wall crazy shit like creatures from space and giant multi-headed dragons

I thought only kids liked the Godzilla vs. "insert monster" films. Like, they don't hold up in the special effects department and they're boring when it comes to themes

I raged more than any other movie when I watched 2.0, but I fucking loved 3.0. It's finally doing its own thing rather than following the original and I want to see the conclusion. Although it will probably be inferior to NGE, I still want to see it and hope it will be enjoyable

Because its Anno and its at least highly entertaining. The movies on their own stand up as action flicks with some psychological and mythological stuff thrown in, and the animation quality (especially in 3.0) is insane. It's just that they're shit when compared to the show

Mega where?

> The entire series of movies has been just a caricature of itself, with less depth and more predictability. The development of those characters are also more bland than the original and the movies focus too much on mindless action. So, why do you care?

Not the same user, though I was under the impression that pic related proved the conditions above can still allow for noteworthy cinema.

Underrated film coming through

EVOLUTION OCCURS IN POPULATIONS NOT INDIVIDUALS

>what are pokémons

:^)

Seriously, especially because there is fuckall out right now. Hope they know it comes out next weekend.

>literally made from the charred bodies of people killed by nuclear weapons

Now THAT would be metal

We need to make sure they know. It would be great publicity for the film too, assuming they like it. What's the best way to get their attention?

I don't know, the fights in 3 were too full of shitty cg for me.

I would assume tweeting them or posting to their patreon but I have access to neither service.

i just checked and no theater within 50 miles has confirmed their showing it, but it isn't unusual for those theaters to wait until the week of to update their showings so i'm keeping my fingers crossed. this will be the first time i've paid to see a movie in a theater in a few years

Thats sort of GMK godzillas deal. Though not specifically nukes. Hes a zombie fueled by the angry ghosts of those that died in WW2.

Have you checked this list?

scifijapan.com/articles/2016/09/22/shin-godzilla-us-theater-list-from-funimation-films/

Wish you guys would use spoiler tags, I aint watching this webm shit.

this is too eva for me

>Edwards dropped out/got fired.

He did? I thought he was taking a break long enough to do Rogue One, and then jumping right into Godzilla 2.

His second review of 2014 Godzilla is horrible.
"The 1998 version is better because muh fun and they used miniatures"

i thought this was big man japan for a second

ANNO YOU CANT KEEP DOING THIS

ANNO

Disney basically broke him and re can't handle a big budget film anymore

Evil godzilla is a mistake

the other guy in their Shin Godzilla review is a fucking numbskull too

"Man I just wish this movie was 20 hours long and they had Godzilla fight every monster!"

He also really liked Final Wars

I actually like the googly eyes, kinda symbolic in a sense. You have this silly, non-offensive giant monster that everyone just laughs at, like the way we see godzilla today, and then he turns in this terrifying zombie and we remember why godzilla was so frightening to begin with. Just like what this movie is trying to do.

For god's sake the monster is powered by a nuclear meltdown. Could the allegory get any more obvious?

I can agree with him to an extent. I'd rather watch Godzilla 1998 and laugh at it than watch the pretentious, dull Godzilla 2014. It's cool that Legendary paid better respects to the character than Tristar did, however, it doesn't change the fact they made a dud.

Godzilla 2014 was classy. More for people who like the mythos of the Toho series.

G 1998 (which can hardly be called a Godzilla movie) is the poor man's 90s blockbuster kind. More like the goofy 70s Godzilla.

As much as I agree with your idea, I just think they were trying to make him look like he evolved from a primitive sea creature

see

I personally asume everyone has been spoiled by now
i mean, type shin gojira on youtube search. first things that pop up are all spoilers

Is this from a screen test or something? It looks like shit.

Gojira/Godzilla: King of the Monsters is my favorite film. And I generally prefer Honda's early efforts (Mothra (64), Ghidorah, and Monster Zero) over anything else in the franchise. But Godzilla 14 left a sour taste in my mouth.

I was afraid of the eel in Mario 64 so this is mildly unsettling.

Is it subbed or dubbed for US???

All I wanna know

Subbed

subbed

Surprise. James is a plebzilla. Check his godawful Wicker man video.

>IF I DIE IN THIS WORLD
>WHO WILL KNOW SOMETHING OF ME?

>AS LONG AS BREATH COMES FROM MY MOUTH
>I MAY YET STAND THE SLIGHTEST CHANCE
>A SHAFT OF LIGHT IS ALL I NEED
>TO CEASE THE DARKNESS KILLING ME

Godzilla vs. Destroyah is a serious exception.

>IF I DIE IN THIS WORLD
>WHO WILL KNOW SOMETHING OF ME?

>tfw Godzilla and you are more alike than you thought

He liked it.

It could be both, I highly doubt they didn't realize how silly he looked, and it falls in line with Anno's other themes and his love of subversive works.

For all the wrong reasons. His reviews read like a child. Like he can't articulate his thoughts beyond "I really liked it" or "it was good"

Is this all one scene, or multiple scenes edited together

All one scene

You see ()

I think this was slightly edited. I've seen a few short clips in between some of the shots

It's cut together kinda weird

We go from Godzilla firing his back lasers at planes directly into him firing his mouth laser

I disagree, sure they were somewhat lax about it but they're also Japanese. I still felt the dread.

And the bits with the mini-Destroyahs attacking the JSDF Aliens style as well as G Jr. fighting it helped keep the pace steady. It's been a while but I also remember some scenes where the JSDF tried to use ice on Godzilla to keep his temperature under control in the first or second acts too, so it did remind the world could fucking die.

And damn right about Miki.

I didn't fucking know it was out, Cred Forums you sons-a-bitches you were supposed to have my back on this!

this godzilla is very unsettling

that gets my thumbs up

Leave James alone.

okay then you clearly don't get what a godzilla fan is then do you...

best of the showa era

Will Gen Urobuchi's anime film outdo Hideaki Anno's Shin Godzilla?

After Thunderbolt Fantasy I'm fully onboard the Butchertrain

I'm watching Grgantia now. Is Thunderbolt actually good?

Are you implying Gargantia isn't good?

I've got a question for any American big city anons who might be in this thread. When the previous Eva movies came out, did funimation do a limited theatrical run of them? I just moved to Dallas about a month ago, and there's an Alamo Drafthouse about ten minutes from where I live that's showing Godzilla. I'm hoping that when 4.0 finally comes out, I'll be able to catch it in a theater, rather than wait a nebulous amount of time for a shitty camrip.

the characters never really react to Destroyah. he feels almost superfluous to the story. even when he evolves into his final form that can go toe-to-toe with Meltdown Godzilla, the only reaction is one character saying "Destroyah's getting too dangerous" with a bored look on his face.

If you love Shaw Bros/ Classic chinese martial arts flicks it's great, the puppeteering is also amazing.

>tfw literally nowhere in the MI upper peninsula is playing it
kill me my dudes

With a little googling I found that funimation did do a limited run. They only used the Texas Theatre in Dallas though

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-12-02/eleven-arts-reveals-u.s-theater-lineup-for-evangelion-3.0-screenings

9 out of 10 alamo drafthouse gonna get it
thanks god for texas

Yo that's a new .webm for the collection.

Shis Godzilla is a low budget film but it has magic unlike some soulless VFX demo reel.

>Shis
Oops

>low budget
didnt it cost like 60 million?

>bought 3 tickets
>both friends flaked
>bringing gf and her friend instead
>they both got Gojira shirts to wear to the premier
>mfw they know who Anno is

>60 millions
lmao no
the most expensive movie in the history of japan cost 45 million USD
google around and this cost 10 mil

Budget is rumored to be somewhere in the neighborhood $15 million and $20 million.

15 million

>Shine Higuchi

>writer: NGE, EoE
>assistant director: Royal Space Force, NGE
>storyboards: Gunbuster, Nadia, EoE
>animation director: Gunbuster, Royal Space Force

Damn I didn't know Anno and this guy go so far back

Shinji Higuchi had a hand in two of the best modern Godzilla films and the Kaneko Gamera Trilogy. Is this lucky man the modern Tsuburaya?

positives
+looks like a guy in a rubber suit
+loud theme played often
+reminds him of some shitty movies nobody ever saw
+lasorz
+random funny Godzilla powers
negatives
-too much talking
-too much politics

Man, i like James but this perfectly highlights why hes an godawful director and never succeeded as a movie maker.
Instead of talking about things like the script or acting he only focuses on irrelevant shit that he finds "cool".
I couldnt fucking care if its filmed with a potato and had cgi made in ms paint, but as long as the movie was well made, edited and written i would still love it.
Even when reviewing a big production he still treats it as a shitty B movie where he tries to find entertainment himself instead of actually relying on the movie to entertain him.

I literally learned shit about the movie, when his "spoiler" section started he was just talking about what powers Godzilla had, and absolutely nothing about the story, ending or who of the cast dies, lives or anything. Jesus James, nobody fucking cares about how his lazor breath looks, its not as spoiler.
Half a fucking hour, 30 fucking minutes, and i know as much after this review as before it. Amazing,
Man, how the hell can anybody rely on his opinion about movies.

I like some Godzilla movies, the series as a whole is just a pathetic joke milked to death long before i was born, and this entry looks like it tries to kil any interest generated by the Hollywood remake and put it back in its grave

Regardless, why the hell would you think i made this thread?

I dont get it, this was meant to be comedic?

>>everyone shits on the movie because of the lack of on-screen Godzilla

Problem with Godzilla 2014 is that it has no interesting story and never pays off. Every time we see monsters, it's for like 10 seconds and then it cuts back to boring humans nobody gives a single fuck about. In the end, we don't even really get a fight between the Muto's and Godzilla. That's the thing.

End should have been basically 10 minutes non stop of monster madness, story should be about Cranston and Watanabe trying to find a way to stop the monsters after the Military fucking fails.

Film instead turned into another generic "US marines save the day!" shit.

Huge misstep.

>it tries to kill any interest generated by the Hollywood remake

I think the 2014 movie managed to do that fine by itself.

> this entry looks like it tries to kil any interest generated by the Hollywood remake and put it back in its grave

Good. Maybe with a little more time, Hollywood will make a good Godzilla movie next time. Meanwhile, Toho will be making a killing with its own films.

>closest showing is 60 miles out in the middle of a major urban center
>even my friends who I did a marathon of the entire series with the summer before Godzilla 2014 can't be assed.
>still want to go by myself
>mfw

Just kill me now, senpai.

I think it aims for the uncanny valley effect but it fails miserably
the fact it interposes the badly done cgi that tries to emulate miniatures with actual camera footage makes it even worse, then you even have actual miniatures
there is so much elements clashing here its insane

I guess?

I think it mainly succeeds at what it's going for. Though this scene is generally acknowledged to be the weakest visual effects sequence in the film.

>I think the 2014 movie managed to do that fine by itself.
I liked it, it still suffered from the case of modern blockbuster writing and the most boring lead actor they could find, but the production values were amazing.
I loved the Godzilla redesign, should have set a new standard for its design and we should never go back to this turn design this movie has.
The sound design a;lone was something else.
Oh i dont doubt we will see a sequel every fucking year shat out by Toho in a mass production factory until the series is deader than ever.
But there is no way the next movie will come close to even half of the gross this one will. They will ride the nostalgia factor as much as they can, but this only works once so i dont know how long this run will last.

iktf
still, better to see it alone than not at all

James and Mike are awful when they're unscripted. It's why I skipped all those episodes of Monster Madness last year. It also kind of feels like he's being lazy this year for MM, with him just sitting there talking on camera to still shots of the movie he's talking about, rather than the tightly edited clips of years past. Kind of a shame, considering this year is the last one.

>I liked it

The rest of the world didn't.
Sound, production values, creature design are all pointless if the story isn't interesting.
I liked bulky godzilla but your giving it way too much credit.

>I think it mainly succeeds at what it's going for.
You mean at looking stupid as hell?

I know not many like that small Godzilla design, but i do much more than the fully evolved one.
And i would like this to be properly animated not butchered in a mess of inconsistent and jarring filming methods. Ether go with cgi or with miniatures, dont fucking try to mix all 3 different methods in post production hoping for best.

It screams of an director lacking experience.
Did Anno work behind a camera before this or was this his live movie debut?

I hate unscripted reviews

>The rest of the world didn't.
It grossed 550mln$
And sure capeshit got us used to ridiculous numbers, but its still an extreme success
If this one breaks 200mln$ i will be shocked

Im giving it credit where it deserves, it was decent movie and much better than i expected after last Hollywood attempt.

>Story should be about Cranston and Watanabe trying to find a way to stop the monsters after the Military fucking fails.

How in living fuck wasn't this the story? This is what doesn't make any sense to me, every Godzilla film is about how the military can't do shit and you have to beat the Kaiju with smarts.

Other things that would have fixed it.

>Nuclear plant destroyed by Godzilla and Muto fight. Nuclear Plant was being used by a Muto secretly as a nest. This is the fight where they barely show anything and cut away. Government covers it up.

>Cranston, Son go to plant again, Muto hatches. Cranston and Son team up with Watanabe

>Hawaii we get a fight between Muto and Godzilla, this one being from the perspective of people on the ground, like in Cloverfield. Fight ends with Muto flying away.

>Story here breaks away with Son going to find family, Cranston working with Watanabe this will be the "downpoint" in the story.

>Muto and Godzilla start wrecking San Fran, Cranston, after finding how to defeat the monsters, goes to find his son because he needs his help, Cranston is killed, Son decides to carry out his father's mission.

>Somehow using cryo ice or some shit they do in Godzilla movies they defeat the Muto/Drive away Godzilla.

oh wow, just made 2014 Godzilla movie fucking awesome. 15 million dollars kthanks hollywood.

Anno told Toho to move in a different direction with a followup. Hopefully they'll listen. It's under new management these days, so the people who ran the series into the ground back in the 90s/2000s are gone.

The only thing Godzilla 2014 has over Toho's lesser entries is production value. It's empty, uninspired spectacle.

As a wise man once said: "A special effect is a tool, a means of telling a story. A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing."

You're being a little harsh don't you think? And no, Anno has at least three other live-action films: Ritual (2000), Love and Pop (1998), and Cutie Honey (2004).

>200million
>a Toho Godzilla
Eh, yeah, even 50 million is too much. That is more because they do not ever hype such movies up and concentrate on the american adaption. It COULD generate such a revenue with marketing, but they never bother.

Having said that, "Godzilla vs King Kong" is gonna make billions

People seeing a movie =/= People liking a movie.
Alot of people were hyped to see the movie based on the trailers and were disappointed that it did not deliver on what was advertised.

I meant you were giving the design too much credit. I liked Godzillas look as well but saying it should be the new standard for everyone in the world is just snobbery.

Shin Godzilla has made, to date, $73 million in USD

mike seriously can not piece together a normal human critique of something. His opinions of things are so ALIEN. I have no other way to describe it. Some times he even pretends to not know certain things that he knows when he is talking about stuff.

Does anyone have the video of Mike reviewing Elmo?

Production Budget: $160 million
Marketing Budget: $100 million (average blockbuster)
Total Budget: $260 million
Box Office: $529 million
Studio Profit: $264.5 million (after splitting profit with theaters)

Is this much to brag about?

now why would you want that

yea i want to watch it but i dont know where i can find it

Shin Godzilla should finish slightly above $75 million.

Although it's a pipe dream, it would be great if North America could help the movie reach $100 million.

I can't wait.

I wouldn't expect more than a couple million out of the NA release, if that.

>mfw picked the seats next to the guy who got the best seats because I want to meet the turbonerd who managed to buy tickets before I did

there's a theater finder on the site, plus fandango and all that

I do as well, even though it's got a lot of problems.

was it rape?

A list can be found here:

Who was that nice user that posted a link to a giant collection of godzilla torrents? Could it be posted again?

>paying to watch movies

im not a cuck though

For Goo (goo gah gah)

>im not a cuck though
quads speak truth

>4 reasons
I count 3.
What is it like being a faggot?

> Satan
> Not a cuck

>hes never seen rosemary's baby

oh silly plebcuck, satan DOES the cuckolding

So what if the effects are CG? Do you want to see some toy model with a lighter + aerosol attachement?

Get over yourself fedoralord

That's impossible.

Yea it actually is

>New Godzilla looks like shit.
>It's another reboot movie.
>Godzilla doesn't battle any other monsters. >Effects are all CG.

That's 4, what's it like being a full retard?

>New Godzilla looks like shit
Ok thats your opinion
>It's another reboot movie
This is the only actual reboot movie in the Japanese series. All others tie to 1954
>Godzilla doesn't battle any monsters
Are you implying the first movie and RoG were bad?
>Effects are all CG
Its miniatures and CG. Also CG in itself isn't a bad thing. Apparently only a few parts look bad which is respectable given the small budget.

>second highest grossing film
>biggest hit
you know which Godzilla made the most money when adjusted for inflation? King Kong Vs Godzilla and that's one of the worst ones. So box office success means dick.

>miniatures
When and where?

even /fit/ would laugh how Nu-Goji skipped arm day and looks like he's smoked too many cigarettes. It's another reboot movie in the tiresome trend of the movie industry as a whole to just reboot movies. The first ovie unlike the other which are campy fun sci-fi movies, is a masterpiece of storytelling through allegory but yes RoG is bad. And CG is a bad thing when it's an inferior special effect to something that was done 60+ years ago also on a small budget

twitter.com/Legion_1996/status/758251271925014532

> King Kong Vs Godzilla
> one of the worst ones
Not even the butchered American cut

Thunderbolt Fantasy kicks ass, not even memeing.

Not at all. I enjoyed Psycopass, Madoka, and Fate/Zero. I was just put off by the puppets but I'll watch it after I finish Gargantia

>Reboot

Does this really count as a reboot if there's no intention for sequels?

The only ones which are worse than KvG are the ones featuring pic related

>all these people saying that it looks like shit
>chances are none of these people have actually seen the movie yet

>I liked it, there's something about it I don't know what it is, but it was made well
>It just had this charm, I can't explain it, I just liked it a lot

>Alot of people were hyped to see the movie based on the trailers and were disappointed

You got proof for that, or are you just projecting?

The still shots are due to DMCA. He mentioned it awhile ago.

All of these.

Kinda like Trump. Talks a lot, but doesn't really say anything

Get your shitty opinions out of my Godzilla thread

The other guy (Mike) is a complete fuckwit who can't even talk properly.

One second he's talking about how Godzilla absorbed a bomb that hit him. Then he says that Godzilla leans forward. My understanding is that Godzilla is wounded, which is why he's leaning forward. Instead, Mike goes on to describe the scene where godzilla spews fire across the whole city, which has nothing to do with Godzilla absorbing the bomb

No.

:^)

> Godzilla vs Megalon
> Godzilla vs Mothra (1992)
> Godzilla vs SpaceGodzilla

>doesn't like Battra
opinion discarded

The movie itself is pretty bad and Battra becomes a bitch when it evolves

What? Godzilla bursts out of a volcano in that movie. What a badass scene.

He busts out of several volcanoes throughout the series, Biollante, for example.

youtube.com/watch?v=CrXTS10h2WI

they're using more than just the original 54 music

I'm so glad Ifukube's Mechagodzilla themes are used. Makes me wish Sato's theme was there too
youtube.com/watch?v=CX-ZGzVXohs