Just finished watching Breaking Bad for the first time. Can someone explain this cunts motivations...

Just finished watching Breaking Bad for the first time. Can someone explain this cunts motivations? It seems like every other character had quite clear motivation except this arsehole. He just seemed to be an evil little shit just for the sake of it, unless I missed something. Was it all to impress Lydia or what? Why did he keep cooking even though they had all the money? It really didnt make much sense to me at all.

just a regular kid raised by completely amoral people.

He's a sociopath, pretty much a murderous gofer who does what he's told for his uncle and his crew to the letter, he has no compunction about killing children or women, though it's interesting he disobeys Lydia when she told him to kill Skyler and her baby.

Yeah I got the whole like sociopath, emotionless vibe but still dont really get what he actually wanted. Just seemed really out of place with all the other characters who had quite obvious aims etc. Him and the Nazi guys definitely seemed like the weakest parts of the last season to me, they definitely werent as strong antagonists as Gus.

Well he clearly was infatuated with Lydia by the end even changing his ringtone to a song about her but yeah for the most part he's just a very obedient guard dog.

Always saw him as the personification of BB jumping the shark.
Yeah I said it, S5 was utter shit.

That's because he admired Walter.
But yeah, he was a weird character. A seemingly complete sociopath who is star struck by Walter and love struck by Lydia

Yeah that's right, he did admire Walt a lot, I forgot about that.

I've just watched it as I said and I kind of agree with you. It felt really underwhelming and the last few episodes sucked. Walt being exposed as Heisenberg should've been the climax of the whole thing instead they had like 3 more episodes of random shit happening. You're right about it jumping the shark too, that bit with the magnets in the truck was particularly stupid.

Can sociopath admire and love people? Is that even possible for a sociopath, to obey, love and admire other people?

Yeah he was a bit of an arse kisser to Walt. Weird trait to build like one of the main antagonists around though.

Remember that the first episode had a mega-explosion in a building that Walt walked away from after dramatically throwing a salt rock on the ground.

True haha, its ridiculous how people were saying its the best show all time when it came out. I mean its good like but its also fucking stupid in parts.

Obedience and admiration yes, but not love, since love requires empathy, lack of which is the main definition of being a sociopath

What made season 5 fucking terrible to me was the fact that if they had shifted some of the content into season 4 a 5th season would not be necessary. Gus was obviously the big bad boss of it all, but nooooope we gotta have a s5 for some reason. And since Gus is dead, let's just have the dumbest fucking neo nazi rednecks, but here's the twist: all those characters of the previous seasons? The ones who kept coming back, who kept finding inventive ways to survive? Yeah let's make them all lose to those redneck nazis. Brilliant.

That whole scene was cringe as fuck. Even Bryan Cranston's acting was off

But he was in love with Lydia, are you 100% sure that Todd was a sociopath? He seems rather autistic to me.

the Nazis were deus ex machina for the writers to wrap up loose ends in the show

Yeah I think you summarized it perfectly. It's exactly how I felt. It cheapened the show and it spat on Gus' death.

Well that's kind of the point that I (and others) were making - that his character didn't make much sense. He couldn't be autistic because his social skills were average. It was just shitty writing

I agree 100%. I think back to when the last season was on originally and people on here I swear fucking loved it and said it was the best thing ever. Watching it for the first time a few years later its clear it was basically just hype. Youre right about them basically pissing on all the characters in the last season, especially Walt in my opinion. Like really Walt is going to get fucked over by these fucking idiots when he managed to deal with Gus etc? Made no sense at all.

>the Nazis were deus ex machina
This is Cred Forums now

That was the point. That everyone else was calculated and meticulous. The train heist was proof of that alone, and even Jessie was showing that he was of calibre that surpassed the average thug/criminal.

This is the average criminal, something we didn't see for several seasons, that all managed to get killed because of the lack of intelligence.

This is just a reminder why they didn't want to work with them. They don't see alternatives. They don't think "there's another way to fix this issue" just doing it by the LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR. Violence.

It was like the cartel in someways too. Walter used violence as a last resort. Other guys use it as the first and only response.

It's a contrast. I guess everyone was expecting all criminals work like Gus and Walt, and not that these were exceptional men, that were not even just 1 in tend thousand like Jessie but 1 in a million.

The Nazis had no depth to them as well. The whole Gus story line builds up over three seasons but then we have these new antagonists who we know fuck all about. Also, it's a cheap trick to make them Nazis.

>need to make someone instantly hateable
>I know! Let's make them Nazis

That was his character. looked like a normal person and sounded like one. But was evil as shit and would do anything if told. It was creepy and I think his character was great and it showed the end times for walt and jessie imo

>the show was suppose to have a natural ending
>the show ended with the Nazi
>Walt died after
>Jessie died after
>the plot ended
>that since the show was over the Nazi were the last stage
>Walt wasn't arrested
>you know what a dues ex machina is
>the show wasn't winding down

Now if you said the Russian guys were dues ex, I would have agreed, they showed up, said his name and then fucked off forever with little or no trouble to come from them, which was something that literally never happened with their business before.

Agreed. It was a change in story, not a misuse. It showed the lower level of people that were left alive for them to find to work with, because they fucking killed off everyone else that was on their level.

Did you realize that the "last" bad guys were literal nazis introduced three episodes before the end and were the object of the climax?

It's called.
Shitty.
Writing.

That's all.