Good show

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kzvZE4BY0hY
youtube.com/watch?v=elkHuRROPfk
youtube.com/watch?v=1EFQVhWj5g0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Rouse
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Agreed

Will it become game of thrones level big?

Actually it isn't you tasteless imdbcore ape

Can we have some arguments for and against it? I'm considering watching it right now and don't know if it's worth.

Actually it is

>Judging the show after one episode
Check out the plebs here

Felt like Inception to me, which I found a reasonable movie. It's maybe better. The producers are relatives.

Don't post directly at my posts unless I post at you first.

B

it's great

So far so good. The executive is either a robot or the actress can't act for shit though, screencap this.

It has the best acting I've ever seen in a tv show,
the father interrogation is I, Claudius tier acting

Needs more Ed Harris killing tourists and less nerds talking about muh programming, muh storylines, muh 3D printer

Need more scientist talking about programming and 3D printing and less muh Ed Harris killing tourist and muh guns, muh reddit

So you can actually die in the amusment park?

She was fine in Borgen, but that was in danish so who knows maybe it's that bad of an actress

Hello? Can we try to wrap our heads around the simulation?

This is what I understand
>The simulated world is a real place, after each simulation they must repair and reset all robots
>So there is 1 active simulation
>All guests must then be in then same simulation

And, my other guess is that the rich guest are financing the development of a perfect AI, but all the employees don't know this therefor they are confused by the strange and more advanced behavior of the robots.

But there are some confusing shit like why are they in a flooded mall? Is the world destroyed?

UNGRATEFUL APE

Are they going to show medevil world and rome world ? Would be cool

Best new show in a long time, but only one episode is out.

if only it was not from HBO
>fuck this, fuck that, fuck is a bad word you know?
>unnecessary boobs shot
>at least one unnecessary lesbian thing for episode
>EDGY AS FUCK shootout scene

anyway, 8/10

Yes, but not by a robot (supposedly) meaning they aren't liable.

who would you prefer to have made it? FX?

I wnjoywd thw first wpisodw

dunno, amc maybe. but you can clearly see the annoying things
(annoying for me ofc) HBO also do in got.
but they are just annoying, overall the show is good .

Where is that scene of Dolores or some other bitch sitting naked in front of a vanity from? I haven't seen it in the episode.

that guy was fantastic

but then you have the stupid British guy and that Danish (or some similar shite) woman who are fucking awful

Hopkins, Ed Harris, Evan Rachel Wood, Jeffrey Wright, Jimmi Simpson will probably be great too are real good though

Hope they bring back Dolores father though

but damn those other two were bad

Female executives don't work, it's not in their nature to be powerful leaders. Would make more sense if she was actually a robot.

What's Ed Harris' problem and why is he allowed to run around brutally killing shit and doing some shady stuff?

All this praise I'm seeing here has convinced me NOT to watch it.

This is the same board that said Batman v Superman was good.

>they go to Romeworld
>it has some actors from Rome as a cheeky nod to the series

that wud b cool

So far...

the pilot is absolute kino senpai, not sure where it'll go from there though.

No, here's why it sucks: makes zero fucking sense

they're all dead you idiot

HE WAS A CONSOLE OF ROMEWORLD

if it doesn't fuck itself up during the first couple seasons. they were already smart about employing GoT composer to do the music. Plus GoT alumni might show up at some point

>tfw Dinklage becomes an epin quip midget working at the saloon

I do find it confusing how many scifi concepts they threw in there. Shit is too convoluted.

damn son after episode 1 i cant wait for more tbqhwyf

Nah, the theme won't resonate with the plebs as much, half the fun is think for yourself about it and put attention to the details, the mystery and the foreshadowing.

Doesn't help that the target audience are asperger that will find some little detail to hate on it.

Making good stuff is pain.

Fucking kill yourself faggot

Come on guys. It was good, but let's cool it with the "best pilot episode of all time" and "finest acting I've ever seen in a tv show" shit.

Ed Harris killing it

but also he's a filthy fucking hacker

It's only first ep, but yea good so far

it's so simplistic, and easy to follow. there is nothing convoluted about it.

it's very visceral and a person would have to be a 60 IQ mouthbreathing moron to not understand it. also, and most importantly, even if you don't "get it" it's still enjoyable because of the fast pace of plot progression + violence.

hopefully they don't fuck it up and it doesn't jump the shark early because it's really good + entertaining.

I was into it until they started playing instrumental versions of bad rock songs throughout the show as these idiotic dark reveries.

Corny as shit.

>J.J. Abrams
How many characters are black? How many are gay? How many white characters are romantically involved with black ones?

Legitimately want to know, thanks in advance.

>black
1 main negro head of programming, 1 negro robot whore, some insignificant negro extra tier characters

>gay
one girl that is at least bicurious (so far)

>white with blacks
0 so far

Thank you user, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

I always liked the premise behind the moral dilemma of playing god with advance artificial intelligence.

The first episode did a great job in conveying sympathy for the synthetics.

>unnecessary boobs shot

What does this even mean? Are you saying boobs should only be shown if it's "necessary"? Necessary towards what?

>allowed
As far as anyone else is concerned he's just a guy getting his rocks off, they have no reason to suspect otherwise.

>unnecessary boobs shot
They're either in a brothel or a lab where they need to inspect their bodies

let's hope HBO has the decency to end it before milking it over several seasons

very dated concept that revolves around cognizant ai. writing was weak and melodramatic. all the acting was terrible aside from Ed harris and Anthony hopkins. it looked good though

that was pretty bad

I forgot the shootout was over the top and comical and the classic rock piano made me physically cringe

Nah they can just change things up, like for example the next season could take place in maybe a dinosaur park instead.

kek

You the guy whining in all these threads because AI isn't possible because people can't program it?

>the shootout was over the top

That was the point. It's a theme park, not Little House on the Prairie.

I'm not autistic, so no. I'm just giving my opinion as to why the show is completely mediocre but is praised by retards because it looks pretty

>Every Hero Has A Code

OH! I get it: because they're also robots.

Honestly I thought it was alright. A little exposition heavy (well it is the pilot) but I thought it also didn't really offer much in terms of things we haven't seen done before. Nothing really impressed me. It was good but it hardly made me excited for the series.

>contrarian: the post

Almost about time you should kill yourself you attention deprived weirdo, no one's making you come here

and it was an awful scene that was funny instead of thought provoking which is literally the intent of every scene in this turd

Yes it is.

Also ERW looks great and younger with long hair, why the fuck does she always cut it?

>watch game of thrones
>suddenly the actor who played danery's boytoy is swapped out to someone totally different
>watch westworld
>suddenly the actor who played the chick's dad is swapped out to someone totally different

what the fuck is wrong with hbo??

>if you don't like the newest manchild fad you're a contrarian weirdo
well meme'd, reddit, well meme'd.

DollhouseXThe ReZortXWild WIld West

WHAT A CONCEPT, BRAVO

>intentionally trite and corny shoot out
>nuhhhh it was meant to be thought provoking and FAILED

Kek

I wonder if she used to be a gunslinger in a previous identity.

>very dated concept that revolves around cognizant ai.
literally EVERY SINGLE concept has been done and written about hundreds of years ago.

we are just regurgitating plato, shakespear, and aristotle through new mediums. stating the underlying philosophy isn't "original" is not an argument of merit.

it was intentionally poorly shot and acted? I know people on this board are dumb but you can at least try. it was corny in a vacuum, the programmers nonchalantly decide to have more robots killed to entertain the guests. to the programmers it's over the top and fun, to the viewer it's supposed to be despicable. the scene itself being awful was unintentional. kill yourself

>been showing up in threads for decades

>still believes himself to be bleeding edge and not tiresome at all

You've had quite the storied career, but I think it's time to retire.

>which is literally the intent of every scene in this turd
Doubtful. We are getting some pretty heavy sexuality and nudity if all those reporters were right. This is HBO. They like to have their cake and eat it too.

>to the viewer it's supposed to be despicable

The fuck are you talking about?

and the way it's tackled in this show is bad.
>hurr the robots have feelings while humans are cold and emotionless like ROBOTS!
it's literally the plot of automata, ai, I robot, and a bunch of Futurama jokes. these aren't 1000 year old concepts were finally drudging up, it's a concept that's been beaten into the ground in the 2000s alone

what did he mean by this?

He said that the way the series is looking at sentient artificial intelligence isn't really anything new or exciting. I have to agree with him. This shit may have been cutting edge and thought provoking when it was first explored in the movie but it doesn't seem quite so interesting here. They're gonna need a lot more than a spaghetti western setting to make this really interesting.

too early to tell

i'll keep watching but as far as pilots go this one was barely above average

looks very ambitious tho, and the performances were all extremely good except for the writer and the problem woman

it could turn out to be fantastic but most people here are hugely over rating it specially being just one episode in

Yeah that park sucked

how fucking dumb are you people? do you even understand the point of the show? the whole fucking thing is about how the robots have feelings, and then the programmers opt to have them slaughtered and the guest laughs when he murders one. what the fuck do you think the point of the scene was you absolute mong? to make you laugh at how corny it was? holy shit

I laughed when the guest killed the outlaw before his big speech tbqh.

Should stay off the board during your period if you get triggered this easily

Be more sophisticated, saying "its bad" makes you objectively retarded.

Consider this another bait, whatever works.

But the robots don't have feelings. They're robots.

It's not as black and white as that you imbecile. Yes, the guest shooting the robot and laughing like an idiot was supposed to make the guest the butt of the joke. That's just one aspect of it.

The fact that you think there's some singular "point" here like this is some math puzzle shows how juvenile you are. I mean fuck, this show isn't even that nuanced but it has enough nuance that it's not as simple as you are presenting it to be. There's not only one way the audience is "supposed" to react to everything.

You were supposed to, think about retards who kill npcs before talking to them and complain the story isn't making that much sense.

Only lonely cucks believe robots have feelings. See ex machina

>narrative designer should be 12 people
>narrative design should be done by polled storyboarding ideas from the internet, not some numale faggot
>park event lasts only 1 day
>multi-million dollar daily maintenance
>for less than a "train-ful" of customers, unknown if park open daily
>who are encouraged to act on psychopathic impulses and murder human-lookalikes in their known and true reality
>and are allowed to rape, unbeknownst if the rapee is a visitor or robot
>no interns
>only 1 guy in charge of programming self-awareness in hyper-intelligent, chinese-door-test passing robots
>dispose of malfunctioning robots by putting them in the fucking basement
>no recycling of material, no recycling brain-computers unto new robots
>overhead fees for literally keeping waste accessible

0/10 shit business would not invest. Sex-bot biz must be booming though.

I'm pretty sure thats joke from the writing team, dude is a douche who is full of himself, writes corny speech, shitty small talk, etc...

Its nolan.

Quads confirm, sexbot business is the future

Claim your westfu

CLAIMED

Kek'd

No, the hooker is mine.

Why does it build up the androids like I'm supposed to care about them when the whole premise is that they are artificial nothings and their ""deaths"" mean nothing.

I found the show to be very boring..

how did you feel about blade runner?

Sir Anthony Hopkins is usually entertaining, but his portrayal of a Jurassic Park Hammond type character doesn't jive at all.

Only women and betas will fall for it, but I let myself feel bad for the dad robot for the sake of enjoying the show.

>sympathy for the synthetics

you are a damn fool if you believe synthetics should get any sympathy. They are highly advanced robots, nothing more nothing less. Same reason all the retards cheering for Ava in Ex Machina should be purged. They were built to act like humans. Just like robots build to assemble cars are really good at building cars robots built to resemble humans are really good at resembling humans. They don't think, they don't have emotions. They just pretend to have all these things because they were literally created for that purpose. That's why the creator keeps adding small quirks to the synths every update until the uncanny valley is gone.

>I choose not to feel

t. neckbeard pretending to be alpha

for

well he clearly isn't playing the same type of character, john hammond is supposed to be a naive idealist super excited about education and wonder, anthony hopkins is playing a guy who burned out a long time ago and is haunted by the hundreds of thousands of pseudo-human deaths his creation is responsible for

well i will tell you the truth, its horrendous. its an insult to the medium of television. the reason people on this board like it is because it has nudity and lots of senseless violence against women. this board loves misogyny. underneath it all, its hollow, unfocused, makes little sense. its no substance and all flash. its cotton candy, the show. its a western for nu males

I can't even grow a beard you faggot

Who /GROWINGBOY/ here?

>he can't control his thoughts and emotions
t. woman

>puppet master weeping for broken toys

Yea, this series blows.

K I N O

Really corrected my record there

The pinnacle of neckbeard ideology, nothing escape its grasps, everything; planned, coldly calculated. Control above all else, except your body hygiene.

Go play your jrpgs, im sure your waifus miss you

Do you cry everytime the baby in a Tide ad spills meat sauce on his shirt?

>seeing ads
Waifuism is neckbeard cancer.

I'm waiting for the dyke to rape the whorebot desu

Acting 10/10
Plot 7/10

It was pretty alright for a pilot

Do you guys think they need to explain the technology a bit more, or is it better to leave it vague?

I just rewatched the 70's version again. That one has a much more playful, almost campy tone - you don't really question the internal logic all that much.

Because the show has a much more serious tone, I was constantly thinking about the technology. Some as silly as the guns: how do they differentiate between a host and a guest? Does it look for a heat signature (like the movie), or does it use something more sophisticated? Ed Harris still got hit with something (assuming he's human) because the bullets generated a puff of smoke. Do the host have some sort of non lethal round, and they can only target the chest? That would explain why Teddy couldn't cap Ed Harris in the head. What happens when a guest tries to shoot a bullet through a host when there's another guest standing behind it?

What in the fuck

>I'm going to paint this whole world black
what did he mean by this?

It being entertainment (and hollywood almost always fucks up when it tries to be technologically savvy) I'd say leave it vague

>unnecessary boobs

You've got some serious self-evaluating to do if you think there's anything special about nudity.

You 14?

If you weren't a deaf retard you'd have heard the paint it black song playing in the background, radio

Kinda weird you care at all.

Not him but it is a good trash indicator. See american horror story.

You need to re-watch Jurassic Park if you think it's the same personality, etc;

I thought it was pretty fucking crazy when that female outlaw was blasting the fag-dragged guy like 5 times as he went by lol

Black people being there at all makes no sense. I'm surprised the synthetics programming can even accept black people in western America as a norm.

>Radio
it was playing from a piano in the bar also westworld is in a point in American history where the radio didn't exist I thought that much was obvious.

Great production value, cool premise, and enough mysteries to keep you interested even if some other things might not be perfect

>he actually thinks that guy said that line
it's called shitposting, friendo. you'll get the hang of it eventually

>we spared no expenses.

>you must indulge me the occasional mistake.

Two quotes show pretty fast how different they are.

yeah those two were the worst actors. that british guy in particular couldn't go one line without saying "FUCK" in that incredibly over-the-top way of his.

>now trying to explain himself by pretending to be a 3rd party

I didn't even read lol git fukt

and why haven't they killed any horses yet?

people would complain about animal cruelty

Are you meming?

>robot cruelty
Fixed

How many episodes is this? And how many seasons? I can't imagine it going on any longer than 1 season.

>I can't imagine it going on any longer than 1 season.
Seeing as how there are apparently other worlds like ancient Rome and medieval times, I think they have plenty to build on

Were those mentioned in the show? I know they're in the movie, but I don't remember hearing it in the episode.

not mentioned in the show yet. personally feel that would be a bit hoakey to go to the "Rome" world

Yeah, I think the show is pretty unrealistic. If this was really our world those people would be in a Hatsune Miku simulation fucking 9 year olds and pretending to be anime characters

So her killing the bug at the end meant she lied to the poormans hemsworth, correct?

*poormans matt damon. he sounds just like him

It was probably her first time killing a living being so not technically a lie there, we see her not react to bugs previous

Wasn't the Rome world in the movie a glorified brothel? I think that world wasn't really intended to be a perfect simulation of the real world, at least not as much as Westworld is.

They could pick another intersting location I suppose, but changing worlds would be a pretty major shift in tone I feel. Might work if they go the anthology route.

Can someone just tell approx what year we can expect celebrity sex robots to be available to the public?

can see the JUST in his face

All I know is I'm sure it was meant to be a major foreshadow of things to come.

it looked to me that her dad told her significantly more than what she said

The original movie was made in 1973 which is what this show is based on. Pretty sure Miku didn't exist back then.

this is the best HBO show since the wire

I want them to do a season where they go full on magical realm.

Calm down we are one episode in. And the best show since The Wire/Sopranos/Deadwood is The Leftovers.

Lost interest after one episode. Might try it again..

>It was probably her first time killing a living being
Wait, i thought the flies were also artificial. Were they actually living beings?

Unless i missed somethingI believe they're actually outside. Remember when the guest that went bounty hunting said his wife wanted to be back before dark? And the crew had to use lights at night? Which makes me believe the flies were in fact real.

>And the crew had to use lights at night?
this is what i don't understand. if it's virtual reality, how were the engineers able to step in and fix it? did they make virtual characters to jump in, too?

>if its virtual reality
Its literally real robots they're using, not some computer simulation

oh right i remember now. thanks friend

I would highly recommend it, Season 2 is fucking amazing.

fallout 4 the show

haven't been able to finish the 1st episode after 3 or 4 times now I just keep losing interest. I'm not saying its bad

youtube.com/watch?v=kzvZE4BY0hY

youtube.com/watch?v=elkHuRROPfk

youtube.com/watch?v=1EFQVhWj5g0

good to see tv catching up to gaming as an art

"uh guys, isn't it a security risk that we still use the oldest host in the entire facility for our simulation?"

Do we get to see Evan Rachel Wood's pussy slit?

she has a boipucci

What did she mean by this

you are stupid because these are two totally separate things. Get a diaper change.

ed harris is in this? goddang i hope he owns that role he's such a charming fellow

that'll do

wait, if this is a real world how are the newcomers stopped from going up on that cliff and killing themselves (like that host wanted to do)? this theme park would get sued daily.

It's all in the liability forms provided by the tie-in website.

>the father interrogation is I, Claudius tier acting
Literally came here to say this

nigga said
> boobs shot
dropped

Yeah and he's villainy Ed Harris which is best Ed Harris

I think he'll be reversed into a protagnoist around episode 7 though, right when Anthony Hopkins is revealed to be the actual sinister character

Sounds like ABC family is more your crowd, grandma

>No needle in the the neck?
How the fuck do the bodies tap in? They just wake up from a dream and their consciousness is sent to a PC?

yeah he was pretty menacing in a history of violence

if he gets underutilized i'll be pretty sad, he reminds me of robert duvall

I am still angry that they took all the math and statistics jargon out and added in emotional and relationship small talks. The place also look like office rather than a park management center.

To run a place as big as this you can't look like that

HBO released some visitors guide thing online, and it mentioned that Westworld was one of Delos's (the corporation that runs Westworld) properties, implying that they also own other "worlds". I'd personally love to see Romeworld in a later season

And how the fuck do the guests interact with the Andriods and trains and shit. Is it outside ?

There's a theory floating around that the whole park is on a massive island

Is this the hot new meme now? Pretending to not understand what's going on in a show full of expository dialogue?

i hope so.. pretty sad if it isnt .

Im goin to reddit Cred Forums doesnt know fuckall.

It does not make sense! Why are u talking about chewbacca on a westworld thread.

You don't know what nu male means. They hate misogyny.

yeah, they probably red herringed us into believing that the guy is just the typical rich douchebag who goes there to live out his rape fantasies. He's probably just there to study the synths because he might suspect Hopkins or the government to utilize them for some devious purpose. That update that allowed some of them to act more freely than expected might not have been an accident afterall.

It makes no sense for some stereotypical evil dude to scalp them and rummage through their brain if he's just interested in being an asshole. Doing something like that would ruin an evil roleplayer's immersion.

Enlighten us Mr. Hopkins, cause i really dont understand how the blue dress broad can be at the facility and still interact with the guests? Or what does the avatar have an avatar?

They never explain how complicated these hosts are.

If the hosts are as many and as complex as they say, there is no way for such a small grams of human engineers to write "gestures", "dialogues" or even a basic plot for them.
And hunger game table display is shit.

they fucking overlooked the area in the scene where the head management lady talks to the guy who writes the host's dialogue. The scene outside. The location is just a real place with hosts as the actors.

>They hate misogyny.
Wrong. They hate their own misogyny and try to subvert it.

You do realize that when they cut from one scene to another, time can pass between the scenes.

Or sometimes they can even use dialogue from a scene that happened in time X and show a scene that happens in time Y. It's movie magic!

I love how this board literally nitpicks things down to the 100 millionth particle.

>I accept the concept of engineered robots, but how do they make the hair? This is so unrealistic.

Are the hosts aware they are hosts when they're in the wild west?

Well why the fuck didnt someone say shit, i thought this was a pleb show?

because you have no brain.

For those who were confused about the geography of everything:

>The corporation bought a huge piece of land in the Southwest for this theme park
>The main headquarters is a low profile complex built on top of a large mesa within the park
>The corporation owns a very advanced satellite always orbiting above the park that has vast zoom and 3d holographic capabilities
>The vast abandoned looking area deep under the complex within the mesa that has the storage room appears to have been either former offices, or judging by the theme park looking globe, was perhaps the original area of the theme park, there was probably an indoor underground prototype park initially at the beginning

Didn't you listen to the dialogue? They've been working on this shit for at least more than 30 years. And I say "at least" because the "last critical failure was 30 years ago" which implies there are long stretches in between update failures which implies this shit has been going on for much longer than 30 years. They probably started out with a small town with a couple of story lines written by one guy. Then with increasing demand expanded on the existing story lines and eventually ended up with a small region. They are reusing the same story lines they've been using for many years. It's not too hard to keep writing new ones if you can just make every host do whatever you want. The dad for example used to be a teacher, then a sheriff etc.

>melodramatic garbage with tits like literally every HBO show
no thanks. its a shame because ed harris is great it in

Gotcha

They aren't aware of anything. They don't think. If you give your computer a command it doesn't respond to you because it wants to be nice, it responds from a set of answers it was given because it was programmed to do that. The robots are literally just much more complex computers that can react to user input in so many more ways than your regular computer could.

al swearengen when?

the headquarters are located near the geographic location of the set which is how security manages to show up there in the same day

yea but what about the andriods that get shot up and the sherrif with the lobotomy. They clean them up in just one day and put them back in rotation ?

One thing I did not understand, when the hosts are damaged, such as by bullets, do they then need to be brought back into labs for repairs? And what if a guest does something extreme like killing a host and tearing all the limbs off, can they destroy the hosts so badly to where they need to be thrown out, and does the theme park allow extreme behavior by the guests like that?

Also the "robots" if you can call them that, are they made from advanced silicon and other artificial parts, or are they using some advanced biological tissue grown in labs, in other word they are "bio-robots"?

Good, i knew id see one of these posts here. You are whats wrong with society today, your a whiny little bitch and you cant handle anything that offends your little brain, guess what the show is a major hit and your nothing but a hollow critic who's upset because your probably a girl and hate anything that upsets your sjw point of view. Do the human race a favor and Kill yourself

That's where you differentiate good scifi and cheap knock ups.

on one hand they want robots to have "memory to another life", "cognition", "emotion", "subconscious" and "existential crisis"

On the other hand they want the technicians have no depth of what they are doing.

this must be what talking to flatearthers is like

My only question is if Ed Harris is a demented guest or a host that is self-realized to a specific degree to bypass death?

So youre saying westworld earth is flat? u sound retarded.

I think he's a guest and that's why they can't kill him and he's allowed to get away with doing weird stuff.

When Trump is elected and you go live on facebook with your suicide, can you accept my view request so I can masturbate to it?

>They clean them up in just one day and put them back in rotation ?
yes.
it appears they have a repair crew go fix everything at night. and ofc the guests are allowed to fuck up a robot, its the point of the park.

Kek

is this show even interesting? why the fuck did it have to be about the west? why would the first place everyone goes to to live out their fantasies be the old west?

Seriously, the future sounds boring as fuck if that's what they have to resort to. They have those old wild west towns set up in our time already.

No he cant be killed by the robots so he must be real. Hes a disgruntled employee exiled from the program for trying to find the "bigger picture" manlet and ladyboss spoke about. He knows the program thats how he know how to hide. screencap this

its based on a film made before hentai was invented faggot

that's what I don't get. There are synths that get destroyed every single day just because of regular story lines that happen. Even if the park is populated by peaceful guests that never attack any of the synths, their bandits and sheriffs destroy a good amount of them each day. I mean I'm not a robotics expert but I assume that their maintenance costs must be enormous. At this point it would be better to just cut out full "immersion" and don't make the synths destructible at all and just use paint-ball bullets to which they react as if they were real bullets. Cost of running the park would go down massively and even people who aren't super rich could now afford to actually get a trip to this place.
Has anyone seen the fucking bill if you want to book a day there? It costs 40k dollars for ONE day. And that's just the basic package. You can spend upwards of a 100k for extra benefits.

Well it does cater to base male desires (being a badass gunslinger that no one messes with while fucking whores and drinking booze)

Did this make anyone else want to play red dead redemption again?

I am just saying you can't micromanage a town like that.

If you want to have scenes of technicians commenting on what they wrote, you have to dumb down the hosts.

If you want the hosts to have melodramatic moments, you have to let the hosts to have advanced AI and develop behaviors on their own. That means technicians have to let go.

And how are their team recall and repair 200 robots as complicated as that?

it's still retarded

It's romanticized Western. You can go there and live out your fantasies. Even people who aren't in the Wild West probably just go there for adventures and to fuck.

I'm ALWAYS down for Red Dead (and also Gun and Call of Juarez)

>le robots have feelings too and will lead an uprising against the big bad humans

>Cost of running the park would go down massively and even people who aren't super rich could now afford to actually get a trip to this place.
thats the complete opposite of why a park like this would exist. rich people want a quality experience that is catered to them. itd be a overcrowded shitfest if normie poor folk were able to partake. not to mention the storylines rely on there being a relative order, not chaos.

I am a guy and I am not interested in fucking whores, drinking booze or shooting shit.
Adventures sound like fun but if I was there I wouldn't be a fucking savage. I would have to pay good money for a single day, I wouldn't waste it being a whoring douchebag, I can do that in the real world for less than a grand. West World costs 40k per day.

Hopkins and MiB are working together , screencap THIS

so is making critiques about a show you havent even seen moran

I look up the mash up they did with Shakespeare and it made me want to read it
>hasn't read it yet
well I am not english

Hopkins and MiB are working together , screencap THIS

MiB is actually a copy of Hopkins' consciousness in a Host's body. Screencap THIS

I'd be pretty fun actually. Like in MMORPGs where people don't give a shit about quest designs. Like imagine some turbo-autists actually going there each day to speedrun quests until he figures out a way to fuck up everything for everyone else by misplacing some of the objects or talking to certain hosts.

Yeah that too.
Their team are so small but they have to assemble a horse from skeleton.
Every robots have their mechanical parts and fleshy parts....there are just too much details for them to work like that

Apologies if this was explained in the episode, but what's stopping a guest from staying longer than what they booked?

Capped

>Like imagine some turbo-autists actually going there each day to speedrun quests until he figures out a way to fuck up everything for everyone else by misplacing some of the objects or talking to certain hosts.
exactly my point. a nightmare for other guests and the staff

not when you're criticizing the base concept moron

i'll still watch it obviously

because that way you can have physical sex and there is a better feedback when doing anything.

>why people waste money buying guns instead of playing video-games that simulate them

but wait he cant be killed/shot, hes not AI , uncapped.

They have a satellite view of the area. They can track you wherever you go. People don't overstay because they would just get blacklisted and could never come back to the park.

>I can do that in the real world for less than a grand

You can't treat a real prostitute however you want though. In Westworld you can do whatever you want to whichever female you want.

theyd probably be charged more i assume. what i want to know is where do they sleep

5 season, this one is 10 episodes, so it could be 50 episodes, unless they change the season format like they did with GoT for instance.

he entered the park as a guest

I doubt they run any kind of diagnostics on guests to make sure they aren't robots.

Are they allowed to sleep?

Don't the clean up crew come in at night and reset everything?

and why would I want to do that? Like what would I want to do with a woman when it comes to sex that a prostitute wouldn't do? I'm not into shitting in her mouth or anything. I'm pretty vanilla so vaginal sex or a handjob would do it for me. Anal sex is also easily achievable if you are into that. The only shit where it usually crosses the line for most prostitutes is if it gets increasingly disgusting. And I don't like disgusting.

Talking about the guests

you sound low test m8

So am I, seems like it would kind of kill the immersion.

That op was a retarded faggot, like you

but the guy is in plain view of the monitoring table, they see him like everyday i would assume, he showed up at the ranch and raped dlores and he fuckin picked up her can of beans the next day , no way hes not been noticed.

I wouldn't really fuck any of them anyway. We would have to marry first. And you can't marry robots. Sex before marriage is an absolute no-go

>I don't like disgusting
>actually likes hand jobs

ABERNATHY: When I was a lawman...
DOLORES: Yes Daddy, I know all about when you were a lawman. I know all your stories, and so does every boy that ever came courtin'.
ABERNATHY: I know how boys think. I was one myself once, given to all manner of drinking and mischief.
DOLORES: And whatever happened to that fearsome ne'er-do-well?
ABERNATHY: He vanished. The day I became your father.

Kind of interesting when you learn that his past two characters were a sheriff (when he was "younger") and a criminal (when he was "youngest") and that stopped when he took up his newest role as Dolores' daddy.

he says that it's "good to be back" which implies he's been there before. I doubt they even give a fuck about him at this point. Probably a regular. Goes there every year.

>people on Cred Forums pretending like they'd go there and rape one of the female synths
>in reality they would just stand there like shy schoolboys and run out of the room as soon as any of the hookers even get close to them

I would think the scalping would draw some attention from the people running it.

>he honestly believes this place is in the southwest and not a genuine biodome deep underground on an island in the middle of nowhere

wait, she is white?

It's actually in space.

Why would the crew need lights to work on the robots at night if they could control the time of day?

I don't think it's actually unusual for people to scalp synths considering that they have Redskins quest-lines in the game, one probably involving teaming up with them and scalping cowboys. They probably didn't think of it too much. I mean I'm sure that there have been people in the park that live out their mass-murder fantasies and captured some of the synths and cut them into little tiny pieces. There must have been one psycho in there at least once.

Isolated area, no need to ruin the whole night for everyone.

Because they can't break the illusion for the guests still in the park. See also: Truman Show.

no need to ruin your fucking face for everyone but I still want to punch you in the head you fucking retard. Go take a hike dickhead.

when does episode 2 come out?

But notice Ed Harris saw that symbol under the head and that caught his attention, it was clearly something he was not supposed to see

Watch it, I'll suck ya off in front of everyone.

sunday

not a symbol, that's just the material they are made of. Keep in mind, the park advertises itself to allow you to live out your deepest and darkest fantasies if you want. You can be a loose psycho if you want. They probably get heavily damaged synths every day and there is nothing they don't expect the guests to see inside their synths. I mean even if they don't want it to happen they can no honestly be naive enough to believe that it will never happen. The synths are in the park, eventually an accident will happen at some point that will cut one of them in half. Any nearby guest will see whatever is inside them.

>not a symbol, that's just the material they are made of.

No, there is clearly a meaning for that. He was looking for more information and rode away satisfied after look at that. It's super obvious that the symbol is important.

you gotta be the dumbest kid alive.... just stop

>stop disliking things I like

They spent so long filming westworld that this guy is already dead irl.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Rouse

Fuck you that was a valid point.

You've been making these shitty unfunny comments for a while now, you need to leave.

It was not because they stated several times that they didn't want to interrupt the experience of the other guests. It was the whole reason they orchestrated the fight.

You literally misunderstood their whole exchange, congrats.

They were talking about the storylines dilemma you ignorant fuck

theres romeworld and medievalworld too you fucking pleb redditor

you need to reevaluate your samefags.

DUDE I'M ULTIMATELY GOING TO SUCCUMB TO THE TEMPTATION TO REVIVE MY DEAD SON THROUGH ROBOTICS LMAO

good to see they are going for practical effects for this show and just really killing the brown people

why do the robots even interact when no guests are around? shouldnt they just stay static until guests come within a certain range?

Because that isn't simulating an authentic experience.

because guests come at different times and the park can't reset everytime a new guest come. that's why they have multiple scenarios throughout the day

how do you guys not comprehend such a simple show is beyond me

How would they know when guests are or are not looking?

prostitutes are shit actors and are not going to carry out your autistic fantasy where you save them from bandits and they suck you off

Who is this burned face semen demon?

>2014
Did they film more than this full season or did it take them 2 years to make it?
I dunno, Ed Harris yelling "Red skin fucking shits" was killing it a bit in my opinion.

an OP aimbotter

im sorry did i miss somthing or are u just implying that is is son and that he is dead because he stroked the photo a lil

why would women even give a shit about this theme park? They can fuck whatever dude they want already really, and they have no desire for killing really, so what's the draw there for half the population?

Their husbands drag them along

>not wanting to rape James Marsden at gunpoint

>>>/reddit/

Lasso fetish probably.

i think it's a tatoo

stop

Leonardo di Caprio

Why are kids allowed again? How do they prevent them from being scarred for life by violent robot deaths?

MiB is getting revenge on Dolores because of what she did (to his family?) 30 years ago

its pretty obvious m8

This isn't a "bad taste" thread

Well, those are the Reveries

>revealed to be the actual sinister character
Holy shit Bughuul is here?

so how long does it take for a reset to happen, they said they had to rush the shootout by making the outlaw come to town a week earlier so there is that.

Looks Jewish as fuck materino

better add some flour and deep fry that fucking fish user, I swear to fucking god

My theory is that sex in the open isnt allowed, which i base on the fact that when the gunslinger took blondie to rape her or whatever, he took her to the barn and closed the door. Also we havent seen any sex acts performed anywhere but indoors anyway.

Didnt answer your question(kek) As far as the violence goes i think the parents and kid are cool with it the way that some parents today are ok with kids playing ultraviolent games(kid seemed pretty jaded as well not unlike todays gamers/moviegoers).

There's no way a kid wouldn't be fucked up if he came across a robot being violently tortured by a guest. This ain't comparable to vidya.

things point to him being a guest
>bullets didnt hurt him
>"how much money he has spent"
>"I never understood why they paired some of YOU up"

some stuff really makes me think he is an older host who has fallen out of the tracking system
>"iv been coming here for 30 years" + 30 years since last critical incident.
>being outside the system could allow the current hosts to simply not recognise him as
host, and the hosts and their guns assume he is guest
>that dialogue about "playing the greater/deeper game"
>the idea that a human would/could spend 30 years playing a game

that would mean the "money iv spent" line is a red herring.

i think he is android of some kind, on a quest to showdown with his makers

>tfw there's child robots
Are guests allowed to fuck and kill them? Will HBO have the balls to show one get killed?

westworld would be really jarring and obnoxious for anyone that plays videogames

like when the sherrif calls out to them to let them know about the killer up in the mountains, it just FEELS like a scripted sidequest, not even remotely natural

I'd assume the reset normally last more than a week, the manlet writer guy said he had to rush the bandit arrival date by one week

Jokes on you I have had sex with hookers probably more than 50 times by now!

well he did say he didnt have any children, this could mean his son or whoever the fuck is in the picture is long gone/dead

different areas of the park have different ratings
quote from the pilot
""I don't think we're supposed to cross the river — that's too adult for Jacob.""

>literally the worse part of the whole fucking show

Which world would you visit?

I'd like a blade runner style CyberWorld, LOTRworld, big tiddy animeworld, pokeworld.

Why was she so pure, bros?

>TFW this entire show is just an elaborate astroboy reboot

Berserk world. I'm Guts.