Question about the ending:

Question about the ending:

why bother preventing themselves from being sacrificed if they're just going to be killed when the old gods destroy the world due to their reluctance at being sacrificed? Did they seriously just cause the deaths of billions of innocent people for no reason?

who cares it's fun and comfy

>why don't these average people just kill themselves willingly I mean come on guys suicide is easy to do

Nope. They stopped any stupid sequel from happening. Something that even Freddy Kruger couldn't attempt to do.

Fuck the Old Gods, I'm so sick of their shit. If they're itching to come fuck up our dimension so badly, I say bring it on.

They were selfish misanthrope fags also self determination or some shit but at least it makes for a satisfying ending where shit really does get fucked up in the end

because fuck it, they're gonna die anyway might as well take the cruel, uncaring world with them

This. Whole thing's a metaphor for how stupid horror is.

in-movie
>if following these stupid rules is the only way to save the world, the world isn't worth saving

meta
>if following these horror tropes are the only way a movie can be successful, i don't want to make successful movies

So, it's one of those plot decisions that only makes sense in a meta way, and not beyond that?

>everything that people do in movies has to be 100% logical

It definitely makes MORE sense from the meta perspective, but I wouldn't say it's completely ridiculous within the movie's logic either. said it better than me.

I more or less agree. I hate horror films with happy Hollywood endings where the survivors defeat the big baddie and save the day. I'm one of those edgelords who roots for the creature.

The point is killing is wrong and they wanted to put a stop to the entire "old ways" shit

well...everybody got killed in the world

Good. They saved trillions of future lives that would have died if they hadn't

This.

Sacrifice myself for you degenerate cucks? Fuck that, we're all going to Hell.

It was pure allegory. We as the audience are the Old Gods and the horror films we're being shown are formulaic and dull to keep us appeased but we should rise up against them and simultaneously demand and make better ones; we must destroy the horror industry and build atop its ashes.

The fact that it was a completely retarded and selfish and mostly out of character thing to do in the film doesn't matter so long as the 2deep4u I'm smart message gets in.

Because they broke the cycle of sacrifice to spite the gods.

Also they were dead anyway.

>The fact that it was a completely retarded and selfish and mostly out of character thing to do in the film

Apart from the fact that the stoner was saying the exact same thing in the RV on the way to the cabin.

Way to not pay attention, user.

Apart from the fact that dude weed lmao's dude weed let him resist their magical mind-control drugs.

Way to not pay attention, user

Some may question my right to destroy a world of seven billion souls. But for those who truly understand, realize I have no right to let them live.

>Apart from the fact that dude weed lmao's dude weed let him resist their magical mind-control drugs.

That is irrelevant weak-ass bait.

Your mother is ashamed to admit that you're her offspring.