Currently rewatching BSG

When it aired I thought it was GOAT entertainment.
Do you have any issues with the plot or the characters?
I sure do

The ending obviously and some of the meandering in the middle. The plot could have used a tightening

Take Kara Thrace
This lady is unreal.

Crack Shot Sniper
Best pilot in the fleet
Uses torture as a tactic for interrogation
Dies and magically comes back to live

The ending was weird.
Earth literally has a twin planet that was nuked, then they find New Earth and everyone goes native

She's an angel bro

Never understood why people praise this show so much. Yeah the effects and battles were great but the writing was atrocious.

Lee Adama is fat and next episode and a few skips he's lean again
Even /fit/ can't do that

the asian actress that plays sharon/athena is pretty bad, especially in the earlier seasons. the guy who plays agathon isn't that great either.

those are just mild annoyances though. i didn't really like the whole 'final five' cylon thing. they kept building it up as the big mystery reveal and it just felt cheap and gimmicky.

but anyway - reminder that baltar LITERALLY did nothing wrong

What? The writing was amazing for the most part

Sharon and Helo are told that their Cylon hybrid daughter died
Luckily there is a premature dead girl baby within handy reach to complete the rouse

Every episode from first season was pure kino, next seasons felt like a generic prime time show.

RIP Billy

>died needlessly so a member of the final 5 could be shoe horned into the plot

i didn't mind that plotline, but near the end of it once sharon finds out that her baby is alive it got really bad. one episode she's furious at the president for hiding her, the next episode she's back to normal and seems to just know how to be a mother and is just mildly annoyed at roslin for, ya know, kidnapping her kid and tell sharon that she died... it's like everyone completely forgets about it

Baltar did nothing wrong

He didn't fuck the leggy blonde

billy's death isn't half as bad as kelly's. that was the most forced death scene in the entire show. she dies for absolutely no reason other than to stir up drama in the plot.

Great actress, but yeah.

>I'm the best pilot ever
>AND I'm the best shot with a rifle
>AND I'm the best at hand to hand combat
>AND I'm a more brilliant strategist than Commander Adama
>etc.

She should have fallen on her ass once or twice. Would have made her more interesting. The only time she was EVER bested at anything in the entire series was when Baltar beat her at poker. There was that shitty episode where Kat (worst fucking character) gets the top gun award for killing "Scar", but even then the episode was written so that it makes Starbuck look selfless because she used herself as bait to let Kat get the kill.

>Kat (worst fucking character)

get out of this fucking thread immediately. kat is top tier stim junkie bsgfu

AKTHUALLY he died because he wanted to get off the show. LAter he said he'd come back if he could be a cylon, so the writers let his replacement be a cylon as a fuck you to him

>The Final 5

This is where the once great show went full retard and never recovered.

Col. Tigh as a Cylon is the seriously the most retarded bullshit in the history of mankind.

Rumor has it the Ronald D Moore made BSG as a fuck your to Rick Berman after getting fired from Star Trek Voyager

Moore finished DS9 and was assigned to VOY, he wanted the show to be more gritty and show strains on the ship and the crew.

He wanted the show to demonstrate that the ship was on the run and cut off from support INSTEAD of the magical replicators that supplied everything, even repairs to the ship

He lasted only a couple of weeks

God did it all.

i actually liked tigh as a cylon. tigh and the chief as cylons was fine by me

everyone else? no. those were some really shit choices. i'd rather they just chose fucking starbuck to be a cylon instead of some ridiculous angel creature.

Moore's VOY could have been beautiful.

Let's not forget that she can climb inside the LITERAL GUTS of a downed Cylon fighter ship, remove it's brain, get it to fly and meet up with the fleet

final five shit was stupid, and the ending sucked, but first three seasons were fucking great and the gaeta mutiny episodes too.

FUCK YOU RICK BERGMAN

The whole final five thing was ass. They wrote themselves into a corner by having to reveal five cylons from the named cast

They should have at least written it so that it took her a couple of days to figure it out. But really, it seems stupid that raiders are apparently designed to be able to be flown by a human or cylon pilot.

Did you watch the show in real time or did you watch it later?

Because the producers admit that they literally pulled that idea out of their asses in between seasons. They just made it up on the spot, and it was fucking lame.

i watched it after it finished airing a couple years ago

KAT was a nutcase who shouldn't be allowed near sharp objects nvm a Colonial fighter

>writers logic, mental illness is sign of a strong independent woman

Who here Colonel Fisk

Don't believe everything you read on reddit

why would anybody lie there, and risk getting not getting upvotes?

I thought they used the one from the girl that snuck on board and wanted a abortion? can't remember the episode

Emotional amnesia is a problem with the show
Adama faces numerous revolts from nearly everyone but he's cool with it and returns them straight back to whatever position they held before betraying him

>why would anybody be honest there, and risk getting not getting upvotes because it turns out real life is usually boring?

Ftfy

I really liked BTSG especially considering that there wasn't any good sci-fi at airing at the time.

fuck you i liked it

Yeah but you're a cuck

>freeze dead foetus for several episodes
>when needed defrost in space microwave for 10 mins
>hope the audience are suckers enough to buy it

>Started his skipping regime

It really dropped the ball after Season 2 Episode Episode 10 - Pegasus. Huge cliffhanger making it look like there will be a fight between the 2 ships, the writers crap out and they dropped the search for Earth after finding them and they decided to live on New Caprica season 3.

They lost the goal they had even though they found that place with the stars that created a map, it was almost like them being shown that they were destined to find Earth but they just gave up.

series peaked during the Resurrection Ship arc and went to shit somewhere between The Exodus Part 2 and the third season break

never managed to watch past the temple of jupiter arc, even onrewatch attempts

>it's not possible to like something with flaws

Despite what contrarians say, almost everyone on this board likes BSG. Not gonna stop us from pointing out the bullshit, though.

>THEY HAVE A PLAN

Tagline on every OPening of every episode

The writers have admitted that they shouldn't used it, not the producers had a clue what the fucking plan was

It was literally "wing it" writting

It was pretty obvious it was an ass pull no matter when you watched it. There were no hints of it happening.
Rewatching it seems like they made Sam and Torrie cylons because they weren't part of main cast and were pretty much useless to the plot.

So say we all

>BSG THREAD

The writers seem to forget the moral's of certain characters too. There are times with Adama and Saul acting completely different to what they were established to act like and there's no reason for it other than it serves purpose to the plot.

Saul Tigh taking about doing a suicide bombing on New Caprica Market regardless of human casualties is one odd piece of behavior that immediately springs to mind

I lost my shit when I saw the Adama Maneuver. The show had its problems but that was of the most bad ass things in all of sci fi.

Ron Moore fumbles to explain the return of Kara Thrace

>I liked the idea, conceptually, that her fate was ambiguous because, conceptually, we were tying her to whatever the power was that didn’t like to be called God and was involved from the inception. From the miniseries on, there’s definitely something else going on in this story, and it’s unknowable. I kind of felt like it should be unknowable. It felt wrong to give it a neat answer on something that was so profound and existential about these people and this situation. They were dealing with something that they had trouble defining, whether it was gods plural, or God singular, or something else out there. Starbuck was in some way representational of that power, or had some connection to it, having been brought back from the dead — literally. I just didn’t feel like I wanted to give it a “Oh, that’s what this means.” It just felt right that that, too, should be mysterious and unknowable. That’s the way I wanted to go. If I called her an angel, does that make everybody happy? That just seemed really unsatisfying. I don’t know what that means. That’s just putting a label on who she is and it doesn’t tell me anything more, really.

That was sick as fuck

>Trump tiny hands

Tigh was always a hardass, wasn't he? In the second episode of the series he vents like 80 crewmen into space despite the chief saying they could be saved.

>sometimes you have to roll a hard 6

Protected the ship after being told of imminent threat due to fire
> b b but muh eyeball

Thinks murdering innocents in the market is valid if it takes down a couple of toasters and forever living skin-jobs

Fuck you guy, I love both Athena and Helo.

best part of the show and only redeeming feature of the later seasons

that final five bullshit was the worst asspul in tv history and to add insult to injury they fucking put bob dylan on top of it all

I love BSG but then I also hate it so could never rewatch

>it seems stupid that raiders are apparently designed to be able to be flown by a human or cylon pilot

They're not, she had to discover the biological-mechanical interface and learn how to use it. Stop texting while you watch tv.

>biological-mechanical interface

Incredible Kara teaches classes in exactly that when she's not tutoring
Sniper class
Other pilots
Interrogation methods
Resurrection
Poker
how 2 b a slut

Kind of felt like they were making it up as they went along. Sadly has very poor replay value.

>new caprica was massive failure to cylon defeat and enslavement

>we'll do better if we don't have a city and just throw the fleet into the sun

ACTION STATIONS ACTION STATIONS

SET CONDITION ONE THROUGHOUT THE SHIP

There must be some kinda way outta here

that was the stupidest part, it obviously implied they were going to encounter modern earth like they did in the original show, but in the end they find it 100,000 years before that song was written

u wot

"Prepare for turbulence"

Mind = blown

You missed the eternal recurrence theme then?

>they're going to invent cylons again
>they're going to write all along the watchtower again

yeah whutever

frack off, Kat was insufferable, worst char of the show by far

Wat is That? A SCAR

That's kinda the point...

...or this time, maybe not. Seemed obvious to me.

Yet we see MULTIPLE people do just that, and the controls are perfectly laid out so a human can utilize their hands and feet just like a fighter and they are able to reach everything in the one position you have to be in to fit inside.

It was designed this way on purpose.

>earth
Even worse than that is that basically for the entire run of the show people had been speculating that it would all end with Galactica finding prehistoric Earth and becoming the first humans there. But it was always considered the dumb possibility that no one really wanted. So the ending we got was not only stupid, but pretty predictable.

but ahah! but it wasn't really the real earth

it's just earth because adama decided it was

Do you guys remember one of the most popular ideas was that the people looking in the direction of caprica 6 were foreshadowing that they were cylons.

What a load of rubbish but fuck, I miss those days.

BSG had a few flaws but it was GOAT quality compared to it's prequel.

It existed in the Voyager universe, it was called the USS Equinox. I want a series about that ship and its crew

>they have a plan...

except not really. I waited through every episode for shit to get good... then it ended.

Season 4 went crazy.
Season 3 started the crazy.
Season 1 and 2 were solid as fuck. Especially 2.