Dragon Ball

Everything in the Dragon Ball franchise made after DBZ is pure garbage. Prove me wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1475699580072.webm
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1475701144130.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>want to get into dragon ball
>there's like 1000 episodes in total
Is there a version that gets rid of all the filler?

Even DBZ sucks ass compared to dragon ball.

Watch Dragonball (original, jap with subs because the English VAs are hot garbage)

It's 90% filler because the only overarching plot is "I want that goddamn trophy" that comes up once every 20 episodes.

It'll whet your appetite enough to get into DBZ, whether you make it through that depends on your tolerance for bullshit. If you make it through DBZ you're over the hump and it's easy watching from there.

Dragon Ball was supposed to end with Goku finally winning the World Martial Arts Tournament against Piccolo junior. After that it was just Toryama milking shit for money and copy pasting what he saw in the terminator movies (the time travel arc and Buu being a t-1000)

The anime is trash. Read the manga

The manga.

DBZ is fine up to the Frieza saga. Everything after that is mediocre at best.

Reading is for girls and male lesbians

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1475699580072.webm

Toriyama wanted to end with frieza, goku would have died saving everybody as the legendary sayajin.
Then he had to deal with shit like cell and buu to milk the license because of his producers, you can clearly see he stopped giving a fuck after namek saga.

Dragon Ball always felt like it was moving towards a clear goal. Even with all the side stuff it was still a journey for Goku & friends to get strong enough to win the World Martial Arts tournament. It was also more lighthearted and didn't take itself so seriously.

The fights were more about martial arts and outwitting an opponent or exploiting their weakness than just powering up, hitting arbitrary new 'levels', and using an energy blast to vaporize the opponent.

>Dragon Ball always felt like it was moving towards a clear goal.

Well they knew the ending in advnace with DB - Goku wins, then an epilogue where Goku gets his dead grandpa laid and everyone lives happily ever after.

From then on it's on a never-ending timescale.

It's the same reason most webcomics are shit

Gohan taking out Cell is the best moment of DBZ, senpai.

Dae vegeta to kick Gokus ass finally?

>gohan fags
Funny how the character tuned into a normie pussy.

>people rating bulma over chichi
Gaylords. Goku got the superior wife

>be like 9
>spend all day giddy about watching the next DBZ episode because it's a huge conflict and shit might be going down this episode with the big bad
>3 o clock
>sprint home
>grab snacks
>sit down
>episode on
>metaphorical dick is rock hard
>entire episode is Goku or someone powering up
>nothing happens but dialog
>have to wait 23 and a half hours for the next episode
Before torrents was suffering....

yes

Don't be absurd. Just because it's the only time Gohan wasn't a complete bitch doesn't make it good overall.

Hell the Z Fighters tapping the strengthometer and getting ridiculous scores, showing how much of a retarded cakewalk the entire thing was, was better

DB Kai if you can stomach the censors.

No and that's a good thing.

If you ain't green, you ain't shit

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1475701144130.webm

dragon ball should have been a one shot and nothing more