Film industry

I am going to be going to Full sail for Film making, mostly going for video editing, anyone here have some advice for me?

Im a foley artist. AMA.

When Im not in the studio dubbing the latest capekino, I go door to door and spread the awareness of foley artists.

Yeah, get some experience waiting on tables so that you can have a career to fall back on once you finish wasting a few years taking such a pointless course.

You can probably just save money by moving to LA or Atlanta and getting as job as a PA and teaching yourself how to use editing software.

>mfw Full Sail

Isn't Full Sail a meme

Start learning your software well, like really know it like the back of your hand, Avid media composer, light works, Final Cut Pro, try and use it everyday and learn tricks from YouTube tutorials

do you fuckheads purposely overdo shit (like the cacophony of unholstering a gun) just for laughs or to get noticed? if you do your job well it's like you haven't done anything at all

>he fell for the Full Sail meme
I didn't know people like you still existed.

Going to film school is a huge waste of money.take that Money, move out to la and just start as a set pa. Work your way up.

I went to film school for three years only to find out i didnt need shit when i started out here. Also fuck the contacts spaect of film school. None of those losers ever even get the balls to move out here after college

>video editing
>full fail
Yeah. Do us all a favour and put some thought into the WWE intros that you're going to make.

This is universally accepted as the best advice.

Don't go to film school, go to film sets.

My advice to you is that anything you can learn at "Full Sail" you can learn for free on the Internet

Get ready for an exciting career!

>Full Sail
>Projected Costs Between $94,800 and $186,989 For a Four Year Degree. Between $50,224 and $94,955 For a Two Year Degree.
You've been swindled. This is shit you can legitimately learn on your own if you really want to.

This, and

Do you have NO public TV stations??? They let you do EVERYTHING. As a fucking intern, that is. You learn to edit, use cameras, and all that good shit.

Download the Spielberg tutorial on film making from Khan academy. It contains everything you will ever use.

Hope you know somebody, otherwise ya won't make it.

you should start practising with small dildos.

How about Lynda.com?

I hope you're not taking out loans.

IDK. My high school colleague went there and subsequently landed a job with id. He was working on the recent Doom game. Then he died before it was released, I don't even know why.

I literally started as a PA and just couldn't get through it. I never felt like I was ever really going to advance that way, and the climb to the top just felt impossible. I just write software now, it actually pays.

He was sacrificed on the altar of RIPNTEAR