No 30 Rock

>No 30 Rock
>No Parks and Rec
>No Office
>No Community

Comedy still hasn't recovered and is in a total shit state right now. We were in a golden age and didn't even realize it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=85w5KajLZ8w
youtube.com/watch?v=SCpgEie2UJc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That's an incredibly solid thursday night lineup. what went wrong?

None of these shows were good after their second season

30 Rock gracefully left, Parks and Rec + The Office forgot what a mockumentary is, and Dan Harmon got kicked off Community forsome reason

They really wanted to make all those shows look the same.
Fuck off, 30 Rock is GOAT.

None of those did shit for ratings and NBC thought it was the nineties and didn't take streaming/recordings into account. They tired to go back to the Drama well and failed. Now they are going back to comedy. Basically just NBC failing really hard at everything again.

There was never a time that 30 Rock, Parks and Rec, The Office and Community were all good.

Every single moment of 30 Rock was gold. The Office and Parks were good for at least a few seasons, Community S1-2 was fun as fuck at the time but it's only bad in hindsight.

Fifth show is literally who.

What about Brooklyn Nine Nine? Or did you mean NBC comedies?

uh, currently watching 30 rock. it's p funny. as a eurofag, does it make fun of republicans more than democrats? or does it just hyperbole ?

>1600 PENN

WHO

Tina Fey is a libtard, but she shits on SJWs as much as Republicans. In fact the one token Republican on the show is usually the one with the best advice

The patrician opinion

It's funny because as liberals get more retarded irl the show starts to lean towards making fun of the left. The show makes fun of everything in general.

>Tina Fey is the only person behind the show

Brooklyn Nine Nine is made by NBC, just aired on Fox

>No 1600 Penn

the office was the only good show. all the others were for redditors

For comedic reasons Tina Fey aka Liz Lemon is a huge liberal but she's also often wrong while Jack, her mentor and a die-hard republican who's nostalgic about "Reagan's war on poors" is often right about everything.
Tina Fey claimed that was for the audience that usually expect the Lisa Simpson's type to be right about almost everything.
30Rock was a delight, there were so much jokes in a single minute.

Pop culture peaked sometime between 2009 and 2011

30 rock is the only show there that could be considered good assuming you are talking about US Office.

Superstore isn't bad

Modern Family and Brooklyn 99 are pretty good

Im gonna start a new tv show soon but cant decide if i should pick parks and rec or community...

Am I the only one who kinda liked 1600 Penn?
Dat Asian qt and the qt from Superb ad had me hard

It definitely leans democrat, but there's a solid number of jokes at liberals' expense. One of the best sitcoms ever, and not a weak episode I can think of.

At the time of watching it air I thought it was a very liberal show but looking back on it I realize it makes fun of SJW's a lot and I have friends who now regard it as very problematic.

Superstore is pretty good

the american television public happened.

america was a mistake.

Parks and Rec had great seasons after s1. Everything with Jean Ralphia is gold

youtube.com/watch?v=85w5KajLZ8w

youtube.com/watch?v=SCpgEie2UJc
DC will save sitcoms just like they saved capeshit.

>all terrible, unfunny, shitty shows

This is what plebs like?

It's an honor to have Fraiser Crane himself posting here on Cred Forums

parks and rec s1 was shit

The good place is alright but I feel like something is missing to make it good.

>Tina Fey
>good

>This tiresome meme again

It was also only 8 episodes long, thankfully

All of these shows were shit.
I know because I remember them being shit when I watched them.
I'd rather have nothing to be honest.

I didn't even watch any of those shows but I'm pretty sure they're shit.

>IF I DON'T ENJOY IT, NOBODY SHOULD

Who was best girl?

Wow it's like you summed up Cred Forums into one sentence.
You must be new here.

Melissa would so get it. That's one hot Mexican.

Curb is coming back, that's all I need.

We have Silicon Valley senpais

30 rock > the office > community > parks > 1600

That reason being he's a drunk asshole.

season 1 & 2 of 30 rock > season 1 & 2 of community > season 3 to final of 30 rock > season 3 to final of community > the office > parks > 1600

30 Rock was the only worthwhile show there. It was the only "WUH-HACKY WORKPLACE" comedy that didn't turn into pandering shit a couple of seasons in.

Community turned to shit after Season 2

Office and Parks&Rec were never that good, but they both took a huge nosedive around season 4

>but it's only bad in hindsight.
because Cred Forums told you so?

>forgetting about the best comedykino on tv

GOAT Thursday Night

> Seinfield
> Friends
> 3rd rock from the sun
> Fraiser

How long until he drinks himself to death? I'm guessing less than 5 years.

Seinfield >>> the office
Friends > Parks & Rec
3rd rock from the sun ~ Community
Fraiser < 30 Rock

I haven't seen an episode of the office on tv in like a year

So is 30 rock good or it just has its moments?

>friends who now regard it as very problematic

How so?

>3rd rock from the sun ~ Community

Don't insult 3rd Rock like that.

1600 Penn didn't have a second season. I actually liked it.

it's great

he's making up stories about his internet enemies dude

>GOAT Tier
Seinfeld
30 Rock
Community Before it turned to shit
Frasier

>Bretty Good Tier
3rd Rock
Parks & Rec before it turned to shit
Office before it turned to shit

>Are you Memeing Me?
Friends

How can you put "Office before it turned to shit" anywhere other than GOAT?

I'm rewatching it now and I love every second of it

It's good.

Well written and acted. Especially Jane Krakowski. She plays her part to perfection.

Just stop watching once the pictured ugo shows up. It's all garbage from there.

Noted. I want to start it soon

The two leads from Book of Mormon got a lot of random work after that show his it big.

he said that

but there's a reason it was. the cast didn't really know what it was yet and leslie knope was played too stupid. she was supposed to be a passionate city official who was maybe a little to enthusiastic and unaware but was instead played like a braindead retard.

GOAT
Seinfield
Community seasons 1-3

GREAT
Fraiser
30 Rock

GOOD
Friends
Parks & Rec
3rd rock from the sun

Those shows actually cost money.
TV shows can't keep up with YouTube regarding and their cost, it's an unfair competition. Specially with the decline in audience.
Nowadays comedians look for specials and touring and podcasts and low budget movies.
Hell I heard Modern Family won some prizes and that show is garbage.

3rd rock from the sun feels like a show that belongs more on ABC...

it was more family oriented and by the book sitcom.

NBC shows were slightly more conceptual/edgy

ITT: British series Vs American remakes

>didn't turn into pandering shit

That depends on how you define pandering.

Its good
but not Seinfeld/Community/30 Rock/Frasier good

>any of that
>good

Am I on reddit or something?

what's your favourite recent comedy, user?

Community but don't watch past season 2. Watch Season 3 if you REALLY liked it but under no circumstances watch season 4 onwards.

I never watched parks and rec.

you're right aside from 30 rock which had a decent 3rd season as well

she was creator, executive producer and head writer, so yeah, her say goes.

life

no seriously how do people watch sitcoms without either being underage or wanting to gouge out their eyes and ears?

she wasn't anything special on snl, but 30 rock was very solid. jimmy schmidt has its funny moments and at least isn't political, and mean girls is probably the smartest "girl movie" there is after clueless and maybe heathers

I know this isn't the show's thread but S4 is the only objectively bad season of Community. S5 had enough moments to save it and S6 was funny and different as long as you torrented it instead of watching it on Yahoo. Those ads were awful

I hope senile larry can still write for shit. the last few seasons of curb made me worried he's permanently gone the way of mel brooks, where he can't write anything that isn't an inferior ripoff of his own schtick

That's a very good question

Why do you think they watch them?

What even is their lineup today? Answer: Nobody fuckin knows. NBC went from 4 amazing shows to nothing but shit within a couple years.

fucking surfboard

Don't listen to him, the whole series is good

listening to Dan Harmon's podcast post-firing really just shows how little they're worried about quality vs. ratings

Parks and Rec's best season was 4. The show got worse when it got a bad case of what I call "American Dream Syndrome". A problem with a lot of American shows in general where they can't help but make all the principal characters insanely happy and successful. To any non-American it basically comes across as propaganda and ruins all sense of drama. I mean did they have to make Leslie literally the fucking president at the conclusion?

Kristen Schaal is not ever funny though.

I'm the biggest misogynist on Cred Forums and even I say fey is talented

I agree for the most part but I think the ending of the show was more just a testament to how hard a worker and determined she was. It was an earned reward for being such an overachiever in a thankless, useless job for so long.

It definitely got too saccharine in the last 2-3 seasons though

It's pretty great until the sixth season where it dips a bit. Still worth watching all the way through.

fag

God, this

Its insane all the breaks that Jim and Pam got by the end of the Office. Talk about your wish fulfillment fantasy.

Holy shit, never thought about how often American shows do this after a few seasons. Spot on. That last episode of P&R was absolute fan-service pandering, the entire last season really was.

Based Jews subverting the American Ideals.

Parks was never a real mockumentary, in that the characters weren't aware they were in a doco despite doing talking heads, similar to Modern Family

but like, what is the conceit there? I've never understood. I love the show, really I love it, watched it on mushrooms for 3 hours and I developed emotional connections to each character, but that's the one thing I've always had to brush to the side to enjoy it. Why are they doing little one-off explanations of jokes? There's no plot-derived explanation for why they keep up the style. Is it just one of those things that has no real explanation?

>watched it on mushrooms for 3 hours and I developed emotional connections to each character

>The Office is popular
>Let's make a show like the Office

dan harmon is a fucking idiot who ruins everything he touches with ebin memes and muh feels

later seasons had Kristen Schaal who is always awful and almost every episode became about tracy and Jenna having fucking retarded storylines together because they were both the "lol so random" characters. they fucked up tracys character after the first season when they turned him into Biscuit, his character from his snl audition

>veep
>atlanta
>louie
>broad city
>horace and pete
>kimmy schmidt
>One Mississippi (tig notaro)
>better things (bobby hill)
>high maintenance
>documentary now!
>you're the worst
>silicone valley

Comedy is doing fine

I wouldn't file Horace & Pete in the comedy section. I love it but it isn't a comedy.

but holy shit High Maintenance is awesome right?!

fair enough

season 3 of the office is the best season you idiot

>office season 3
>30 rock after its worst 2 seasons
>parks and rec season 3, 4 and 5
no way jose

What's another thing besides community he's ruined? He wasn't on Sarah Silverman long enough to ruin it, and Rick & Morty has had two stellar seasons

I sincerely can't stand you're the worst. The dialogue between the two main characters tries way too hard to be edgy

season 2 and 3 of office > season 2-5 of parks > community 1 and 2 = 30 rock >>>> the rest of community

>community is GOAT
what is it with Cred Forums and its obsession with this mediocre show? jesus christ

It was an original concept
The characters are strong
The concept episodes were executed very well, until they went overboard with it

Anybody who acts like the first 2 seasons of Community weren't great is a contrarian memer.

Community was unfortunate enough to exist during the great Reddit v. Cred Forums war. It seemed like most of Reddit enjoyed Community so Cred Forums decided to hate it. Really unfair imo, I'd go as far as to say the first 3 seasons are as good as any 3-season run in any of the other shows in the OP

>It seemed like most of Reddit enjoyed Community
How do you know this?

its a show for 14 year olds who are being exposed to raunchiness for the first time

>watching """""Comedy"""""" shows

lmfao the fuck, they've always been trash.

if I need a laugh stand up is there for me, but watching a sitcom that tries to be funny is just strange to me

n-no reason

stand up comedians don't try to be funny?

Parks and Rec's first two seasons were the worst, you pinhead.