I can't fucking believe it...

I can't fucking believe it. Did they really just wasted one of the biggest events in the comic history for the sake of one SINGLE shitty episode?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LXEQquiP0aM&list=PL9Lsly9tujtafIEMsV6l0b1yvN4Xp9w-B
youtube.com/watch?v=W8M7FMv0Byk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ultimately Flashpoint in the comics was also a waste of time since they are undoing everything

Their budget probably can't handle showing much more.

>one of the biggest events in the comic history

It was lame. Thomas Wayne Batman was about the only interesting thing. But, you're right, in that, they teased something big and it wasnt.

It was an *ok* episode, Cisco and Thawne being highlights, but fuck am I getting sick of that fateful night. Let's move on. Barry, smarten up and get your shit together.

Well they can't really make a real adaption considering they can't use any of the characters.

doesn't flashpoint includes the whole justice league and a bunch of other big characters?

they wouldn't be able to afford any of that shit anyways

So its like the comics, which was just a 5 issue shit fest all said and done.

>We create worlds and then delete them all in one episode because reasons
>Flash can shapes alternate universes but struggle against a guy with bow and arrows

>one of the biggest events in comic history
Ignoring that I agree it felt pretty pointless. I went knowing it wouldn't live up to the hype and I was still disappointed. Ignoring that it was supposed to be Flashpoint it was a decent enough episode though aside from Barry selfishly murdering his mother so things will be the way he personally thinks they should be for his own benefit. That was a bit out of character

As someone with minor comic context I don't understand why Barry is meant to be in the wrong, preventing his mother's death should be ''fixing'' his original timeline.

dunno bout the comic but the show fucking sucks, omg iris isn't talking to joe, who the fuck cares

This to be desu

He just doesnt want to forget his past life

They really didn't do enough to develop this timeline as not worth keeping but basically this

What do you guys think happened with Iris? It's probably shit drama, but I'm curious.

Remember the Time Wraiths? There's a right and a wrong way to change the past. Barry did this the wrong way. Why the Time Wraiths didn't show up only god knows but yeah.
basically these

they're setting it up for the season

if you think back to season one and two, the Flash staff is capable of thinking ahead and planning

that was the point

>d one of the biggest events in the comic history f

Flashpoint meant nothing

season 1
>speedster villain
>time travel used

season 2
>speedster villain
>earth 2 and other earth bullshit
>also time travel used again

season 3
>speedster villain
>time travel right out of the gate and probably more to come
>probably some earth 3 shit soon

gettin sick of this shit honestly

So, how did Barry exist in the new timeline? He prevented his mothers murder in the 80s, whatever, then woke up in that present day? In which everyone around him thought he was always there and in which he retained his memories?

Like Thawne said, time was going to eventually catch up to him, he returned to his new present but then as he used his abilities all his previous memories began to erase themselves, even his speed would vanish since he was never caught in the particle accelerator explosion.

nobody fucking cares

I already know I won't care for this season.
It starts with some alternate timeline bullshit, then he comes back to some alternate timeline bullshit where Iris is pouting for whatever reason, and it's probably end with some more alternate timeline bullshit.

I stopped watching partway through season 2 when it was clear they were just repeating themselves.

>arrow effected by flashpoint bullshit
>legends of tomorrow literally about super heroes time travelling
>flash nonstop time travel roller coaster

Why does CW love time travel and alternate timeline shit? I miss smallville

>taking iris to see thawne

i mean he probably knows everything about barry but why give him ammo

but the real question is how did he get his suit back

>i miss smallville

lmaooo you are the village idiot among retards

lol did they actually do that?

How was this guy even able to go back in time yet again?
Wasn't the whole first season about him losing enough of his speed to time travel? And taking two decades to develop Barry for the sole purpose of stealing his speed?
Then how the fuck is he able to break time barrier only three months after trying to kill Nora?

no, the point was creating the New 52, which is now being reversed leaving Flashpoint complete pointless

in fact, they are basically considering Flashpoint a mistake

kys smallville shits on cw

Because Thawne in the future can still keep going back to do it, so it's a fixed point. Undoing it fucks everything. He's supposed to be flash.

In fact you're a fucking retard.
They're not retconning anything, they're expanding it and folding it into the now new bigger picture.
Everything is canon whether or not your fanboy asspain can be contained. They spent multiple events saying this how retsrded are you.

Barry knew that when he saved his mom though. I think they made it pretty obvious with all the quick clips of previous episodes and Thawne's explanation of the memory loss that Barry simply didn't want to sacrifice all memories of the life he truly lived in exchange for the "lie" he was now living.

Also, I thought that it was really good as a standalone episode of the Flash TV show, but terrible as a Flashpoint adaptation and merely average for a season opener.

Honestly, why do you guys watch these cringy garbage tv shows jesus christ.

they are fun

flash and arrow are both shit shows, try this on for size

youtube.com/watch?v=LXEQquiP0aM&list=PL9Lsly9tujtafIEMsV6l0b1yvN4Xp9w-B

>one of the biggest events in the comic history

whatever you say

There are a lot of retcons.
But even the characters that weren't retconned have all gone back to the status quo.
And even the Wildstorm universe that was merged in Flashpoint is now coming back as a separate imprint.

So yeah, it was pointless and they are trying to undo everything without an all-out reboot.

>for his own benefit

You realize there are still metahumans out there, right? He kinda HAS to be the Flash, which was the moral he learned in this episode. If he loses his powers, everyone's fucked. Not to mention there's the chance of Reverse Flash getting his powers back

Seriously, 'oh noez, Iris is estranged from her dad because he tried to eat her out or some shit'.

Just watch the animated movie.

I don't see how Eddie's death didn't save Barry's mom.

youtube.com/watch?v=W8M7FMv0Byk

no one watches that shitty show