Noroi: The Curse

Can someone explain why you thought this was a scary movie?
I'll admit, I liked the acting and the pacing in the first half of the film (except for the super-psychic, a laughably bad actor). But what was it about this movie that compelled you to recommend it? What exactly is the fuck wrong with you?

whoever recommended you that is a moron, it's been posted on /x/ since like 07 and only self-diagnosed schizophrenics think it's any good

ITT: plebs

>the super-psychic, a laughably bad actor
You're from another planet, so I don't think anyone here will be able to explain anything to you.

It's the best example of atmospheric horror. There's no jump scares, no real monster, just twisted things and a general feeling of uneasiness throughout. That is to say, you can see the effects of whatever ghoulish malevolence has transpired, but you can't really pin it on any one thing to isolate and try to belittle it.

Some people get bored of atmospheric horror or call it trash but it's the most lasting type. In most cases, you get over how horrible a monster looks or you know where the jump scare is going to be so you get over it. But there's no veil to pull back when it comes to atmospheric horror.

what did you expect from autistic weebs

it wasn't "scary", but past a certain age/No. of horror films seen, nothing is. I like it because it's well made and relatively unique

Most scared I've been in my life is when I stumbled across what looked like a murder scene in the woods. Lots of blood, no bodies, bloody matress, several trash bags full of toys. That was the new stuff, but there was also a bunch of old shit at the site, small animal bones, a stack of magazines from 20 years ago, rusted bicycle. The place had been in use for a very long time.

Cops came out, looked around and left. Said we should not go back into the woods and it was probably some type of cult.

So yeah, atmospheric can be much more creepy than actually seeing the story unfold.

>no real monster

It's /x/core, and /x/core is exclusively for teenagers who are scared by Creepypasta.

No horror movie or story is scary if you're an adult.

>So yeah, atmospheric can be much more creepy than actually seeing the story unfold.
You act as if it wouldn't have been even more horrifying if you were present for the cultist murder.

I never recommended it, but i have to admit that the film is super comfy.

>No horror movie or story is scary if you're an adult.
(you)

Only girls and people who lack the ability to reason find fiction scary.

Fuck you this movie is awesome. The feeling of unease it manages to build and build and then unleash is incredible.

Not sure why everyone thinks this is so scary, I'm a chickenshit and and even I was completely unphased

You sir, is a fuck shit of the highest order. Congratulations.

what a fucking fedora reply, i never even use that term.

Movie sucked dick by the way.

U suck dick big guy

>wife is on fire
>you flail like a fish on the floor instead of putting her out

I love this movie but it's only because I have a soft spot for Japanese Horror.

>no real monster
That's a crutch for lazy film making faggot. Anyway, Noroi did have a "monster":
was really effective. Perhaps seems a bit silly in a screenshot and out of context but with the build up and atmosphere of the movie, the monster reveal worked.

the movie was about 45 mins too long.

Because it's one of the most atmospherically consistent horror movies ever made. It never breaks the tension. It's not in your face. It presents you with a series of evidence and you make of it what you will. It's not about being scary, it's about being creepy, if that makes sense.

>Can someone explain why you thought this was a scary movie?
The comedy show's spooky vid. The muttering in the night. The freaky shit on the mountain.

The worms guy was just downright goofy though.

>crazy guy shows up with a rock
>attacks wife and adopted kid
>wife sets herself on fire
>refuses to put down the fucking camera

Movie should have ended right before the publisher received the last tape