Luke Cage General - /LCG/

Misty or Mariah? Edition

Mariah, Misty is fucking useless and Mercedes is a way better name

Riva

So Misty is gonna fuck Shades next season, right?

>Misty is fucking useless
She kicked Shades' ass, which three of diamondback's goons weren't able to do.

Misty, easy. She's got mondo chest beefers.

Just finished it, that final fight scene sucked huge ass. I liked the show otherwise, but there was zero tension.

Who'd the white guy on the right play?

I'm through the first episode and the dialogue is killing me. Does it get better?

Detective Scarfe, MIsty's partner

Scarfe, you idiot.

To be fair, Claire did most of the work. In pretty much every other instance, Misty's presence is either inconsequential or ends up hindering Luke.

cool, whaley's been acting for decades nice to see him still at work (he was on the liev shreiber show too)

Juice desu

>Scarfe, you idiot.
I didn't watch it, you presumptuous shit.

>white people always write cool black characters in their shows
>black people write lame old white characters in theirs

Yeah that fight was incredibly lame. I expected them flying through buildings and shit. All that happened was a few vehicles got dented. Everytime i heard a "OUUUUUH" it killed any tension that was trying to be built up.

No, bye!

>zero tension

I got so tired of every sympathetic character who didn't have obvious plot armour being nonchalantly killed. I don't care about the death if it just feels inevitable.

>BYE FELICIA

I thought her name was Candace

Correct.

it's a meme you dip

Why would you ask who an actor is playing, when you have no idea who the characters are in the show? Neck your neck.

>39
>looks 25

Jamaican don't crack

*whitey alarm goes off*

>I have crucial evidence that will put this bad person in jail!
Well, that characters fucking dead.

God, I love high yellow bitches like her

You idiots do know it's from Friday right?

Wtf I thought Cage was boning Jessica Jones, why he cheatin'?

W E W

Bad show is bad

>bad "black" slang and dialogue
>bad lines
>everyone overacts except Rosario Dawson (director's fault)
>Lame callbacks to every black figure in US history a la Forest Gump
>Intellectual gangsta from the hood stereotype
>Alfre Woodard embarrassing herself
>Sets up for sequel series with exactly the same cast starting in exactly the same situation

Also did the people who made this ever watch Black Dynamite? I can't tell if this is an homage to blacksploitation films or just an actual one.

literally the only callbacks were to niggas in Harlem

>I can't tell if this is an homage to blacksploitation films or just an actual one

It seems to vary. There are moments when they are very clearly channeling blaxploitation movies/shows and others when it's just bad acting and bad writing.