Just saw it last night.
What do you guys think of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=djSbNzZGV6Y
drive.google.com/file/d/0B0YzfZVMap7ZcnFiSjlOcTMxRXM/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/file/d/0B0YzfZVMap7ZcnFiSjlOcTMxRXM/view
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What did you think of it?

I was endlessly amused by his Squire Jons but I'd rather watch Wild Strawberries.

a lighthearted tour-de-force

The attempted rape scene was funny

what do I think of this?

Why has Max Von Dildow been 70 years old for 65 years?

The dust hasn't settle yet.

Never seen it, what's it called?

The Seventh Seal. It's a film by Ingmar Bergman that came out in 1957. It was re-released as part of the Criterion Collection.

Lol I'm such a movie buff.

is this the movie discussion thread, friends?

yo thats too old dude what are you 90? lol

I've seen more erudite posts in cunny threads really.

Cred Forums is scared to unironically discuss bergman because they see him as entry level even if he's genius

but at the same time I'm annoyed like do people even watch films and form their own opinions anymore?

>Watching anything made before ID4

kek why the fuck would anyone ever do that?

>le sanctimonious spic meme

What did you guys think?

>I've seen more erudite posts in cunny threads really.
Post some, I want to have a good read.

I just watched Batman V Superman which I guarantee is better than this trash. OH WOW IT'S OLD AND IN FUCKING GERMAN OR SOME SHIT IT'S SUCH ART OH WOW. Nah dude it's shit. If it was so good why would directors like Snyder have to come around and make actual good films like a thousand years later?

Shut the fuck up faggot, it's not the Snyder fans that hate Bergman.

>M-M-MY BRAND OF CAPESHIT IS BETTER SO IT CAN'T BE FANS OF MY BRAND OF CAPESHIT WHO ACT LIKE RETARDS IT HAS TO BE THE FANS OF THE OTHER BRAND OF CAPESHIT!

You're the faggot, faggot.

Fuck off retard, I didn't mention DC or Marvel

Capeshit. Death wears a cape so it's capeshit. Trash it. One drop rule.

overrated, style over substance.

This is an objectively great movie and anyone who disagrees is a contrarian

You literally did, and everyone knows what you meant DCuck.

grow up m8, not everything has to do with your company wars bullshit.

Your post did. You know it, I know it, everyone that read your post knows it.

k

Cried like a bitch.

Not gonna lie

Is powerful.

Maybe cuz I will never experience the sense of friendship the party has, and the true wisdom words that the knight share with his friends, so peaceful and care free. that dialogue scene was beautiful

I just skimmed through it. Looks boring.

"friendship"

that's a strong word considering Block looked at his squire as the nihilist he was, I was so amused when he saved the woman from a rape then more or less forced her into a complacent serf role

the humor is tremendous, but for me..this scene

Honestly it's mid tier Bergman. Powerful but lacking in nuance. Persona & Winter Light are better. Still fantastic.

the fat faggot sitting in the tree waiting for death to cut down the tree was pretty funny

Thanks I got it confused with The Seventh Sign an 80's flick.

Post the trailer next time you lazy fag.
Here you go anons.
youtube.com/watch?v=djSbNzZGV6Y

A fantastic movie.

Liberal horseshit. I heard the tagline they used when advertising it was #BlockLivesMatter.

I like it as a concept
Hated it in practice
Was indifferent in retrospect

I would have liked it better if they played CoD instead of chess.

realistically it would be #NoLivesMatter

LOL excellent question

Great arthouse epic. Kickstarted the whole Bergman cast of actors getting jobs. No director can match him in terms of stock cast. He is literal self sufficient arthouse cinema in every sense of the word.

I saw Blackfish already. I honestly think that's enough that I already know I don't support sea mammals in zoos. Another sad story about how even more animals are suffering seems too sad.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B0YzfZVMap7ZcnFiSjlOcTMxRXM/view?usp=sharing

drive.google.com/file/d/0B0YzfZVMap7ZcnFiSjlOcTMxRXM/view

I was 17 the first time I viewed it and I didn't really understand it at all. I found it complicated and confusing.
I viewed it again 6 years later and got a little bit more out of it. It reminds me of the sort of fringe French literature being written in the second half of the 19th century that utilized god and especially the devil and his demons symbolically, in sort of vulgar and esoteric stories used to illustrate the human condition as a whole, more than a specific cultural critique. Some of the visuals were very striking, and the symbolism is layered, which makes it much more interesting. I really should try watching it once more now, it's been a few years since my last viewing.
Anyway, visually, it's a masterpiece. The narrative falls flat, but it's not exactly as essential to the message as the visual themes, anyway.

>seventh seal is complicated

you're doomed to a life of mediocrity

you're doomed to a life of being a shitskin

I guess that's a matter of opinion. I'm a lawyer, and somewhat successful for my age. I do land title and real estate work, and I'm certainly beyond mediocrity financially. My primary hobby is bodybuilding, and I've certainly built a physique that's in the top 1% of the world or higher. As a young man with my own house and a nice car and a great body, I've also scored myself a nice woman, and plenty of fun ones before I picked this one.
Maybe you're right though, maybe I'll never be a great artist. But film is a third level hobby for me. Do I enjoy it? Of course. Do I try and go beyond surface level? Naturally. Do I think I'll be making a living with it? Of course not.
You really need to reevaluate your life if you think that "being able to see all the symbolism of The Seventh Seal at a glance" is your metric for qualification for a life beyond the mediocre.

The Jürgen Prochnow, Demi Moore adaptation is a better film.