"LOGAN" PLOT DETAILS

KINO
I
N
O

>Set in 2024.

>Logan's healing factor is weaker and often doesn't work at all. Because of this, he's older and slower, and has become an alcoholic to cope with his chronic pain.

>An elderly Xavier has lost control of his powers and at times doesn't even remember Logan.

>Mutant births have plummeted over the years, and a secret government program called "Transigen" is abducting mutant children and conditioning them into becoming killing machines for the United States government. Logan and Xavier end up pitted against them when they cross paths with a young girl who has metal claws just like Logan.

>Stephen Merchant is playing Caliban, whom Logan seeks for help due to Xavier's unstable abilities.

>Rated R.

>It's the darkest movie in the entire X-MEN franchise.

thewrap.com/logan-wolverine-3-plot-details-revealed-exclusive/

>Xavier is in it

UGH

use the catalog next time, enjoy page 10

DID SOMEONE SAY MISTER SINISTER?

He's already confirmed, played by Richard E. Grant.

>Old Logan

Cool

but will it have hill billy hulk rape babies?

Good casting desu

I love the x-men movies fuck
literally the only capeshit worth giving a shit

Nah I think I'll bump his thread just cause you sound like a fucking faggot

Caliban was in Apocalypse as well. They just recast these roles left and right.

>young girl who has metal claws just like Logan
oh boy cant wait for the female wolverine reboot after Logan inevitably dies at the end of the movie

it's not a reboot
it's actually his female clone with hairy pit called x-23

Actually sounds bretty gud.

am i really the ONLY one who's weirded out by how fucking long that girl's fingers are?

>loli X-23

kek

sounds like shit

Nah. Doesn't faggot

>mfw X-23, Deadpool and Cable in the X-Force movie

C U N N Y
K
I
N
O

Looks like one of those weird downsyndromey kids cheap movies settle for.

Finally a superhero movie that deals with alcoholism, looking at your iron man 2

I'd rather see Cole Cash and Wolverine instead.

>Stephen Merchant
You trying to pull my leg?

those baby fingers are too long it looks retarded, but i dont know what else i expected from """"""LOGAN""""""

>Charles soiled himself again

Yeah, and Captain America used to be Falcon

Can anybody explain me why theres a big fuzz over the X men and the mutants but nobody seems to care about the unstoppable green monster, the literal God fighting on the avengers and the rest of the superheros from this universe?

wow more dogturd capeshit
im so excited
NOT
real talk, if you are over 15 and like this shit you are literally retarded

>Apocalypse set in the 80s
>Logan set 40 years later

Only two options are prosthetic or recast

>t. superior 13 year old.

Gonna pretend this isn't bait for a minute.
X-men Cinematic Universe is a different continuity from the Marvel Cinematic Universe. So the X-men get all the fuzz because only other special being in that universe is Deadpool, and technically he is a mutant too.

But if you mean in the comic context? Because LGBT analogy.

So where are the other X-Men?

just turn off your brain and enjoy the movies bro

I'm just fucking excited to see more Patrick Stewart

....Steve

Yeah, heaven forbid a comic book movie do what happens in the comic books

he's an alcoholic? Fuck that's so overdone, why can't it be some other drug addiction, like meth or some shit.

>lgbt analogy
>implying the X-Men weren't created as an anology for racism

Yeah, it works for all social injustice, but they were originally meant to mirror civil unrest in the 60s and 70s.

same director as the wolverine?

i thought he was underrated

>transigen
>trans
>I
>gen

bug chasing

Yep.

is captain jean luc picard in this film?

In the movies, they're separated universes.

In the comics, it generally boils down to the X-Men being born with their abilities and being part of the self-professed "next stage of human evolution", while guys like Spider-Man and Hulk were freak accidents but overall still born human.

kinda depressing that theyre doing that too xaviors character, but still sounds really good, definitely going to check it out

>a secret government program called "Transigen" is abducting mutant children and conditioning them into becoming killing machines for the United States government.
How many times have we had such a cliched idea?
>Government makes something into a weapon

An old Logan sounds interesting though

Honestly, that sounds totally fine. It's not like Wolverine is rebooted as a girl. She continues his adventures instead, like a daughter. That's okay with me.

really wish they included sabertooth in this but i strongly doubt they will.

If not then hopefully in the reboot we get more wolverine/sabertooth action

>>Mutant births have plummeted over the years, and a secret government program called "Transigen" is abducting mutant children and conditioning them into becoming killing machines for the United States government.
how original

Yeah, Liev Schreiber was one of the redeemable parts of that movie

In the Marvel Universe, commoners and governments are just as suspicious of artificial Mutants and artificial powered beings like Hulk, Spider-Man, Silver Surfer, Dr Strange, Punisher, Blade, Ghost Rider, etc. The biggest reason is because of their media that paint them in really bad light like poor Spider-Man suffers from the Daily Bugle.

Mutants are badly looked down upon because people are freaked out how they are just born that way, can reproduce more mutants, and most mutants cannot control their own powers so accidentally hurt others around them unintentionally. It doesn't help that a lot of mutants are serial killers like Sabertooth, organized crime members like Omega Red and terrorist like Magneto. They are the Muslims of the Marvel Universe where they try very hard to prove they can be trusted only for a damn mutant to mass murder people the next day. Then everyone is all like #notallmutants or #killallmutants.

Still a shit name desu

Better than Wolverine, The Wolverine, Xmen: origins, etc.

those little fingers are fucking long

I'll help you. Think of manchild comic books fans as bored housewives in the 80s.

In this analogy the Hulk would be Cagney & Lacey.
And the X-men would basically be The Young and the Restless.

Mutants have bad PR compared to all the others.

They do, you just dont know about it because all you watch is movies and then ignorantly make up things to try and complain about.

>Deadpool R-Rated
>Logan R-Rated

They better keep this trend going.

It's a mutant.

In the Marvel comics, they aren't. It just took longer for people and the government to decide they needed to do something about people who got their powers from outside circumstances, that's why they had the super hero registration act and the super hero Civil War. It was easier to look at meta-humans and Mutants differently in the early days of comics because there were so few meta-humans, and with the exception of lower level street heroes, most meta-humans worked with or for the US government like the Avengers or the Fantastic Four. Mutants were perceived by people as being like people walking around with a hand grenade of a fire arm. They could be anyone and in an instant they could accidentally kill dozens of people.

>The Young and the Restless
eh more like dallas but yeah

I hate superhero films where the hero loses all of their powers

That's why Nolan was shit. his first film was babby batman AND his entire house got rek'd. and the third he spent the entire film literally in bed

So just the last one was bad, right?

>Rated R

>Darkest

GIB US DEM DEADPOOL DOLLARS

For real though, the plot sounds like complete and utter shit.

The previous one was already R dipshit, they just released a hacked up censored version theatrically. This time they're not screwing it up since they know they don't need to

>The previous one was already R dipshit

That's funny, because where I'm from, we don't pronounce "PG-13" as "Pee Gee Thirteen", not "Aaaaar".

Dipshit.

>The previous one was already R dipshit

I don't understand why someone would just make that up. Why would you lie about something like that on the internet? What is the point?

didn't logen lose his metal claws in the last movie?

>we don't pronounce "PG-13" as "Pee Gee Thirteen", not "Aaaaar".
Proofread, please.

English must not be the first language where you're from either because you're pretty bad at reading it

Are you serious? What a fucking joke, bruh. You a comedian?

>Logan and Xavier end up pitted against them when they cross paths with a young girl who has metal claws just like Logan.
>picking x-23
>not logans son daken

way to fuck up the film

Before I enlarged the picture and read the OP I though "Logan" was referencing a new Logan's run movie and was pretty excited.

I am disappointment

Daken is lame.

Wolverine has always been R. Most earlier Deadpool comics censored swears and didnt have much blood.

Daken would be lame in the movie-universe. He only worked well as a foil to Osborn and others.

As long as she stays in the "future" it's fine.

There's a fine line between continuing the story (batman begins), and replacing (most other cases)

You take that baken

I dont ''read'' kid stories, nor I really watch capekino.

I prefer to read good literature desu.

But thanks I guess.

Reading is for fags. Oral traditions for the win.

DID SOMEONE SAY FOREHEAD

That's a big hand

>implying that wasn't the best part of tdkr

THIS WAS MEANT TO CONTAIN INCEST FUCK YOU KIKES

The hulk fucks his sister and they have a shitload of inbred mutant children.

This isn't Old Man Logan.

Will Stryker be in it?

THEY BETTER NOW FUCK THIS UP

when the fuck are we going to get wolverine and spiderman team ups goddamnit

Literally do not give a single fuck.

The first two were fucking bad, I won't be seeing this one no matter how good the trailer is. Hard pass.

Still waiting on an Origins movie for literally any other X-Man, btw.

He had them in days of futures past

>literally
>literally

Which storyline is this following if it's not old man logan?

Sounds decent and I don't normally watch this shit.

Is the Brood ever going to show up in the movies?

>another wolverine flick

why not do a movie about an actually interesting x-man?

R-rating confirmed?

what?

He's done you again!

Fucking pepperbellies bitch about everything.

>capekino
literally pleb material

>Logan scours the darkweb for faggots to POS his NEG ass but his healing factor keeps rejecting "the gift"

>Andy Dick plays the main villain

>a secret government program called "Transigen" is abducting mutant children and conditioning them into becoming killing machines for the United States government.

Why not just incorporate programs into schools/universities that teach mutants to hate themselves and feel guilty about the privilege their powers grant?

i tried explaining this joke to my dad when he asked me what i was laughing at.. thanks for nothing user

A decent post but it's missing a few elements.
>cuck
>kys
>faggot
>capeshit

Please include these in your next post so you can truly be the most unoriginal cunt on the board. ;^)

Phantom Mace was a pretty based character

>not an Old Man Logan movie

How is the little girl going to grow with adamantium is her skeleton?

She won't. She'll be a loli forever.

>tfw Marvel Legends Old Man Logan was just revealed

wasn't Caliban in Apocalypse?

Jesus Fuck Fox just bring Millar back

>over 15
>movie is rated R

So no one can watch it? Retard.

She only has it on her claws.

Why doesn't he just get the adamantium taken off of his skeleton? Surely maximum healing factor is still a sick ass power, maybe even better?

I don't even dislike The Wolverine or many of the X-Men movies but it's always a shame when an actor just really fits a role and never gets to go anywhere with it.

Jackman is a perfect Wolverine but he's always held back by everything else around him. Here's to hoping this final one can be great considering Stewart Xavier and Jackman Wolverine are two of the only consistently good parts of the movie universe and they're both in it.

It just looks like a normal kid but ok.

Sounds good, hope it goes all out.

Agreed. If they let everyone else back the fuck off for a minute and have those two actually act together on camera? Fuck yeah.

Stuart made fuckin Season 2/3 TNG dialogue work and Jackman knows how to sell a shit story too (see: Swordfish). So even if the dialogue is trash, its at least 1 fire emoji

>X-23 to replace Wolverine in the X-Men universe
>is set 50 years after the rest of it

I guess the theory once was that sans-adamantium you could crush or blend him to death; maybe acid... Either way, healing factor or not, you could kill Logan dead.

With the metal, his bone marrow and at least some brain tissue would survive just about anything and he could regrow from there.

He wont live as long total years mind you, because his body is rejecting the metal at all times so his total healing factor output or whatever is lower. Like an immune compromised normal person.

BUT considering how many people try to kill him and/or just how dangerous life is, keeping the metal seems wise imo

I guess, but grimdark future notwithstanding Wolverine goes off too much to be a cool loner. If he was with the team more he could have the metal removed and probably be fine. It's not like all X-men are close to being indestructible.

Wolverine, quite literally, has never been rated R.

Nice

>Cautionary
Or it could be because an aging actor is playing a character that is supposed to age slowly.

Logan is dead dead still in 616

>loli x23
finally hollywood is pandering to us

Nice one idiot

>The page doesn't reveal much in the way of story, but it does kick off with a diatribe from Mangold about the tone of the fights which, according to him, are anything but a "gravity defying, city block destroying, CG f---fest."

tfw Logan is going to save Capeshit.

until Justice League and Avengers come to fuck it up again.

>that one shot where they keep dying and then being moved by that intergalactic tv show host thing

Don't read many comics so I don't know who that was but that was a good read

>How about that guy from Aerosmith?
Christly fuck, it's been forever since I saw that.

Literally because of aliens, no joke.
Also, in the marvel universe heroes get bad rep too: Hulk and Spiderman being notable examples.
Mutants are just hated extra for being a different species.

So, how about we all cast our ideal X-23 now?

Nah, they brought Old Man to 616 didn't they?

They'll kill of Logan, and replace him with a female lead.

>After all the hardships the characters went through in Days of Future Past, the future still turns out shit for mutants anyway

Am I the only one bugged by this?

>woman has a third less claws

When will we address the claw gap?

In the movies: Its two seperate continuities

In the comics: Mutants are seen as a threat similar to institutionalized racism and the "red scare" as mutants for the most part look like normal people and can blend in.

Hell, the ORIGINAL plot to Civil War was that X-Men Apocalypse occured and Ironman was like "man, nigga, we should like, make a list of all the people who have super powers and ways to beat them and force them to sign up" like Trump and Captain America was like "nah dude that aint cool".

Judgement day is inevitable for mutant scum.

>Stephen Merchant

is this a fucking joke? the guy is a terrible actor

me on the left

Let me guess, daughterfu bait again ?
also >>Set in 2024.
fuck that noise

>The last Wolverine film before Zac Efron takes over the role and they reboot the entire series after selling it to Disney
Not good man

Already did.

>Stephen Merchant is playing Caliban, whom Logan seeks for help due to Xavier's unstable abilities.

Damm, they found a way to ruin the movie, bravo Fox.

>LOGAN Director: 'If You're Looking For A Gravity Defying, City Block Destroying, CG Fuckathon, This Ain't Your Movie'

This is going to blow, isn't it? Like that Wolverine japanese movie.

>move about two old fucks scrambling around shitting their pants and complaining about the good ol days

Who asked for this?

>claws positioned on the finger tips instead of the knuckles, disallowing punches in favour of scratching

So they will be using hardly any CGI?

SOLD!

To be honest, the extended Blu-ray version was R.

Logan killing ninjas in the snow with a Snowblower scene mostly

Stephen Merchant playing a dramatic role takes me by surprise, I had the impression that only I thought he had potential as an actor.

It'll be boring as fuck, like old movies.

This is a superb comparison, great work user.

FUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU

>ok, guys, THIS one is gonna be the good one
you homos before every shitty xmen movie

Top cuck

This sounds great. An alcoholic old guy who intermittently has superpowers. Will it be as compelling as Kate & Leopold? Only TIME will tell. /Brockman

B-but it's for adults, it has dranking and senile dementia and everything!

What's your basis for this statement, user?

>movie about two old fucks scrambling around shitting their pants and complaining about the good ol days

I didn't ask for it, but this sounds dope as fuck.

>no X-Men Origins: Cyclops
I feel your pain

What the, well then how do you pronounce then, user.

>passing on actual capekino
Your loss

I don't care for this bullshit where they take the antihero and make them weak, like The Dark Knight Rises

Sounds awful

Women can't punch.

>girl

I thought he said he worked for Caliban?

>An elderly Xavier has lost control of his powers and at times doesn't even remember Logan.

not gonna pay for this garbage

>>Logan's healing factor is weaker and often doesn't work at all. Because of this, he's older and slower, and has become an alcoholic to cope with his chronic pain.
Wasn't he born in like 1850? Why did it suddenly now start weakening?

Does it bring back painful memories of your grandfather's dementia?

>>Logan's healing factor is weaker and often doesn't work at all. Because of this, he's older and slower,

>Finally making R rated wolverine go fucking nuts beserker rage .

>HE LOST HIS POWERS ...AGAIN !

Dropped

>Logan's lost his powers
>Logan is an alcoholic
>The government is using mutants as super soldiers

truly innovative

>Stephen Merchant is playing Caliban

>rated R
>mfw deadpool shows up

dis cast in BASED

das it mane

She has one in each foot

OK this is the buddy cop super hero movie i need. Alzheimer Xavier causing wacky hijinks with his psychic powers
He shits his pants
>everyone shits theirs pants

Kek

But Logan is around 200 years old in this film. He's bound to get weaker.

Clearly seeing the future isn't your mutation nigga

>X-Men Origins: Cyclops

Your opinions are terrible

So one year after Days of Future Past???

Damn Xavier hit it hard and Logan :D

Or is this some other time line. Oh man... Sheeeet.