Alex Garland Conspiracy

>Writer of 28 Days Later
>has the shittiest third act in cinema history
>Writer of Sunshine
>Writer and director of Ex Machina

Is there something Hollywood isn't telling me when they keep hiring this guy?

I bet there's folks who disagree though.

Hacks gonna hack.

I don't know what you're referring to OP.

Classic movie biz cliche "there is always a problem with the third act" but if you are a producer reading a script and love the first and second you will probably try to get it made.

>>Writer of 28 Days Later
>>has the shittiest third act in cinema history
I've never seen a movie do a harder 180 into garbage

So are you saying that each of them outdid the last? Because otherwise they can't all simultaneously have the shittiest third act in cinema history.
I liked the whole thing, actually. But I'm a sucker for those moments when heroes are scary as fuck and villains are pissing themselves. My only problem was it seemed sudden and there wasn't that moment of transformation. He seemed like a fucking monster in his own right during the last part of the movie, but there wasn't any kind of symbolism or moment that triggered it.

Oh come on, EM's third act is not so bad.

Aspiring screenwriter here,

What do you guys think makes a good third act?

kids on here want to feel smart by pretending they can predict the ending because twists are all that matter to plebs, so you will get a lot of answers saying "being original/shocking"

I enjoyed the third act.

Don't be pissed because you self inserted as the pathetic cuck who got fucked over.

No. Lol. Sunshine final part was the best, dude.

Agreed with 21 Days Later though;it was a nice atmospheric movie in the beggining and then it turned into garbage

That Blade Runner reference is JUST tier so much that I walked out

And then as soon as something is actually original, nobody here understands it and "it doesn't make any sense"

Don't people get tired of shocks and twists?
When I see a twist shoehorned in just for the sake of being original or shocking I cringe.

>worst third act in cinema history
>not The Lobster
>not Interstellar

The three you listed weren't even on my radar for worst, and I've seen all three.

>Writer of Shallow Grave
>has a fantastic third act
>Writer of Trainspotting
>has a fantastic third act

I can do it too, kid.

what reference? I missed it completely and am a huge nostalgafag for blade runner, i need this senpai

What about the third act of The Lobster didn't you like?

Okay, it's not the worst ever, but it was a huge letdown after parts 1 and 2 which were absolute kinography

Wasn't she completely naked in the "third act"?
Mission accomplished.

he had multiple triggers to flip out

1. he was dragged out into the open to die
2. his friends were in danger
3. THE MOST IMPORTANT. he saw an airplane, thus he realized the world hadn't ended, and that if he could save his friends there was a chance they could find real help. seeing the airplane proved the other soldier's theory that the sickness was only on the island and no where else. who wouldn't go all out after learning that hope isn't lost?

>Writer of 28 Days Later
>Writer of Sunshine
>Writer and director of Ex Machina
They can't all be the worst, faggot.

>writer of Dredd
>literally the best action movie of the last 10 years

denouement

What was so bad about the ending to Ex Machina? She doesn't go on to live a normal "human." Life she stands at the street corner for how long ever because that's all she was programmed to know