Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways, Lord Vader...

>Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways, Lord Vader. Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes, or given you clairvoyance enough to find the rebels' hidden fort-

What the fuck was his problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chair
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jizz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Lack of faith.

He forgot that a mere twenty years literal space wizards were leading armies all over the galaxy.

Lack of chutzpah.

>time to insult that 6'8 cyborg with a laser sword with telekinesis this can surely not go wrong

He obviously missed the part of galactic history in grade school where Darth Vader helped purge the Empire of the Jedi, the most powerful group of people in the universe.

Star wars fags defend this shit writing. The guy looks to be in his 40s but forgot the hundreds of jedis that roamed the galaxy while he was in his 20s. Top kek

Early onset Alzheimer's disease, obviously.

this guy had a lot of balls

Obviously no one defends it, Lucas is a hack and/or genuinely stupid

1st post best post

He was too based for his own good

Also where's his Wookiepedia article?

He was a white male

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chair

He could be from any of the millions of planets that didn't hear about the jedi

>Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways, Lord Vader. Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes, or given you enough clairvoyance to find the rebels' hidden fortress.

>Sure I was in my early twenties during the Clone Wars and considering my rank most likely fought in them and can personally remember when thousands of Jedi were using their devotion to that ancient religion to mega flip and magically conjure up shit all over the galaxy as intergalactic sorcerer cops. Hell, I even remember when the Jedi were an officially recognized political organization whose headquarter was located in a gigantic government building on the capital planet across the street from the Intergalactic Senate where the Jedi were called upon by the Senate frequently to use their mystical sorceress powers to lend aid in conflicts and political issues but that won't stop me from being dismissive of the existence of supernatural powers!

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jizz

>He could be from any of the millions of planets that didn't hear about the jedi

>I saw your laser sword. Only Jedi carry that kind of weapon. - 9 year old slave from backwater desert planet, Anakin Skywalker

someone had a good response to this but I didn't save it

thought I did

except the "hundreds of jedi" were scattered across tens of thousands of different worlds literally spread across the galaxy. They were also mostly fighting mindless robots alongside a clone army, so it's not like many civilians would have ever had the chance to see a Jedi.

Also, Vader wasn't really known around the Galaxy as the man who killed all the Jedi, that was done by the Clones, and later transformed into the Empire's army. Vader was merely seen as a favorite of Sheevs, he didn't have an official rank in the Empire, and wasn't really well known as some master dark side user.

More proof that Prequel Lucas was a hack

Well fuck it then.

Oh wait, he could also be talking shit to Vader instead of being a fedora tipper. Although why he would do that to a superior officer with a laser sword and telekinesis is beyond me.

Reminder that in Star Wars Vader was beneath Tarkin in the pecking order

>had a giant temple next door to the galatic government
>slave children on backwater worlds recognized jedi on sight
>the jedi were blamed for both the clone war and the attempted assassination on sheev that led to the formation of the empire
>guy is literally a high ranking admiral who would have served in the republic navy and fought alongside jedi

kys lucas

> Boss is a 7 foot tall asthmatic cyborg
> Who has a laser sword that can cut through anything
> And can crush peoples' throats with his mind
> Motti knows all this because these Jedi people were running around blowing up droid armies single handed when he was young
> Makes fun of the guy's religion to his face

For the record: If you did this in real life, where you're at a meeting and your boss says "We're hitting our sales targets" and you say "EARNIN' MORE SHEKELS, MR. GOLDSTEIN? I BET YOU LIKE THAT YOU FUCKING JEW." the least that would happen is you'd get fired. If your boss had a laser sword and sounded like James Earl Jones, he'd probably stab you, too.

Look at this smarmy fuck.

Hinduism is an "ancient religion" and it is still being practiced today.

Why are prequel haters so braindead?

how disturbing

Vader should never have been thrust into the spotlight like he was. I'm alright with him being Luke's father but I thought he was better as just a goon.

see

top kek

you think that the last time Vader choked a nigger out was 20 years prior?

he had to have heard stories from the other officers that got out of line.

The proof of God is all around humanity yet many of us don't believe in it.

I ask again: are all prequel haters braindead?

>had a giant temple next door to the galatic government

Again, the galaxy is a massive place, even just in America, most plebs would barely recognize the Supreme Court building.

>slave children on backwater worlds recognized jedi on sight
I'm sure most kids thought of them with a kind of mythological reverence, like Anakin thinking Jedi can't die. They might know what a lightsaber is, but in a world with blasters as common as they are, who would care about a sword? Most outer-rim plebs wouldn't know the details of the Force or what Jedi's can do.

>the jedi were blamed for both the clone war and the attempted assassination on sheev that led to the formation of the empire
Which is one reason Motti doesn't respect them. They got their ass beat by Sheev and his Empire. They failed to do anything, and Vader is a literally who that can't even recover some stolen data tapes.

>guy is literally a high ranking admiral who would have served in the republic navy and fought alongside jedi
Republic navy was mostly Clones, and even if he did somehow enlist, in an army of millions of troopers he wouldn't have likely seen one of the maybe 100 or so Jedi.

I know it's copy pasta but it still made no sense. it'd be more

>The analytics will find us earnings
>"OH yeah the analytics will find us earnings, please that hocus pocus shit doesn't work

>stands up to authority
>still a pawn in an evil regime

was he /ourguy/?

But he implies that the force isn't real when the evidence suggests he has full knowledge

Why are prequel defenders so stupid???

So imagine Colin Powell is getting ready to invade Iraq, and for some reason he has this monk hanging around him. No one really knows why this monk is hanging around, but he's Cheney's right hand man, and has some mysterious history with him so has to be treated respectfully. While the Joint Chiefs Of Staff are discussing invasion plans, the monk says "all your weapons of war are insignificant compared to shaolin kung fu" So general Petraues is like "ok, MR Miyagi, but grownups are talking"

And then the monk hadoukens him.

That's what happens in that scene.

Was there someone in the movies who explicitly didn't know who the Jedi were?

Atheists always have to fucking let everybody know how euphoric they are.

see
You're not looking too good, bud.

you forgot:
>the jedi were not good friends

He has a point.

Luke, did I ever tell you that the Jedi were so mysterious and unknown that I felt the need to continue to hide in the desert on a planet on the edge of the galaxy 20 years after the formation of the Empire?

He knows.

But he also knows that the Empire's 20 year successful reign had nothing to do with Vader. Hell, they could have won without the dumb death star.

Different planets can have different common knowledge

He is clearly trying to impress his superiors by shit talking to Vader's face. They probably were just talking while drinking some brewskis that Vader is a silly stupidhead.

Also, this:

And then JJ fucks over the Original Trilogy by making a mockery of the entire thing and remaking A New Hope. Star Wars is truly the most cucked scifi franchise.

He had pleanty of problems but was likely a newer member of this inner sphere and even though Jedi had been a thing as reacently as 20 years prior, they were something the majority of the galaxy would never see in a lifetime. By the start of the clone wars the Jedi were near an all time low in membership and while still lauded for their ability to help keep the peace, were a relic of ancient times...well over 90% of all droids destroyed in the clone wars were destroyed by 'regular' soldiers using 'regular' means and by vader's time the number of known force wielders was in the single digits on a galactic scale...

If after the holocaust there were 7 Jews left in the world, pleanty of people would call it a dead religion

Moreover a handful of people still worship the greek or egyption gods, the Norse panthion and the like, but that doesn't stop us from calling those ancient religions.

The bottom line is that to most people in the galaxy jedi were more myth than man and after his early 20s they were gone...vader is likely the only force wielder he EVER met so the rest of his world revolved around 'conventional' life, so the logic to his words, or why he'd say them is there.

That said, he DOES demonstrate the very real phenomina of a person so confident that their authority makes them untouchable that they don't realize that the 6'4 210 pound prize fighter in the room can still beat them to death, authority or no.

It also makes sense why Tarkin is NOT amused and just looks at that guy like he's an idiot. Whether Tarkin knows it's Anakin under there (I'm guessing yes) or not, he fought litterally shoulder to shoulder with Anakin Skywalker and Obi-wan Kenobi specifically at least once, and by the sides of other real jedi repeatedly....he knows what the force is....and that HE can actually yank on Vader's leash.

>The bottom line is that to most people in the galaxy jedi were more myth

Show me one piece of evidence

As stated elsewhere, Vader actually had no rank and little actual power except when specifically given assets for a task. Otherwise his role was Jedi Hunter and Problem Solver...basically functioning a lot like the jedi once did, being sent into situations (usually violent) and using his power and actual tactical skills to resolve it...

But yeah, vader was more a general purpose commando....a commander shepard than a member of the command chain.

>10,000 jedi in a whole galaxy

10,000 people on one planet alone is a ludicrously tiny amount.

The only person in any movie who has never heard of the jedi is Jar Jar.

>I'm a Moff and an architect of this station, I can do what I want

heard of=/=believing in

I've heard of the Illuminati. I don't believe in the Illuminati.

There are just some asshats who think they are so important or 'powerful' that jo shmo can't just punch them in the face if he's in arm's reach....pleanty of senators have immense political power, but could still have the shit kicked out of them in a dennys no matter "who they are"

yeah kinda this

He just oversaw the creation of the greatest weapon ever created and some religious robot just couldn't stop talking shit

that goes to politics actually, or rather how palpy wanted to run things. The imperial senate was a thorn in the side of a dictator, led to there being many 'imperial senators' who still believed in and practiced democracy, and would pressure the emperor into things....plus the senate allowed a public place where litterally everyone could talk, plan and interact.

Once he had the deathstar he didn't need the senate to make the systems think they were in control. he had the power to destroy any planet he wanted at will. he could do as he pleased using that weapon of fear. as tarkin says in his opening scene "the emperor has just dissolved the imperial senate. the last remanents of the old republic have been swept away"

so yeah, maybe they could have won without the deathstar, but it was a move to ensure that no system would support any rebelion, and so that the senate could be disolved and the empire turned from an oligarky into an absolute military dictatorship

Pretty much!