How come whenever an individual borg got severed from the collective they acted like a normal person after a while but...

How come whenever an individual borg got severed from the collective they acted like a normal person after a while but Seven of Nine just kept acting like a robot for four seasons?

I would guess, looking at the kids because she was abducted when she was very young, so the collective makes up for most of his life.

How come you started a new thread instead of posting in the existing Voyager thread?

She became a borg as a child.
She had nothing to go back except some childhood memories.

because they needed a Spock/Data.

What they needed was a fat pair of tits.

They already had doctor though.

This. She wasn't just assimilated in the "Borg assault" sense. She was totally indoctrinated with the core philosophy - probably by the Queen herself. The 'perfection', that both the Queen and Seven were constantly going on about was a philosophy/goal they came to as humans, not as Borg.

You mean why did other people go back to who they were and why did Seven have no one to go back to being?

She was assimilated as a child. She had no sense of self.

And the very first time she was separated, she went back to being a scared little girl. She got over it by finding solace in her Borg doctrine. Afterwards she hunted down the other separated from the hive, irrevocably joined them as a sub-collective and signalled the real collective to come.

She did become who she was, but she was raised by the Borg.

The next time she was separated,she had to be coerced into individuality and shown it's merit.

Seven is Borg in or out of the collective. She retains the values and prefers her Borg identity to her human name.

Others had a life and experiences before.

Just watched Star Trek Beyond and read about Star Trek Discovery and... I think I'm done with Star Trek.

I'm holding onto hope until the series opener. A very small amount of hope.

>didn't like Beyond
You're not the sort of trek fan we need on the team user. Nobody will be sad to see you go.

Ummm.....

Pretty sure he meant as the "autism awareness" character that would provide useful instruction on the finer points of social interaction.

Tuvok is based

Autism.

On another note doea anyone else here hate Harry for not hitting that hot cyborg poon when he had the chance?

There were other borgs seperated from the hive? I thought 7 was the first.

No, I just pity him.

Picard was asimulated and brought back before voyager. I think he was the first.

>liking modern trek

trek is dead friendo, its never coming back. Not like it was.

Does he really count? He was like a borg for one day.

For us, Picard.

At some point in the past, four Borg were stranded and separated from the hive. The more time passed, the more their previous identities and memories came through see for what happened.

Hugh was a drone the enterprise crew befriended and then sent back to the Borg. He was an individual when separated.

Lore also took many Borg and separated them from the Collective due to the efforts of the Enterprise with Hugh, who had spread his sense of self through others in the collective, awakening their independence.

The movies have never been the best representation of what Trek is actually all about. Except for TMP and ST:IV they have been super different from the show.

DSC has potential to be the trek we have been waiting for.

Did those 4 just end up going back with their families?

hugh and the ones lore had still seemed pretty drony. Not at all human like op said.

I know, they didn't seem very human aside from Hugh, unlike OP's claims.

Those four got 75% fucked.

One of them linked the rest together permanently. They were joined with the Borg again. The three linked were able to later get away from the collective but never got to experience individuality or privacy because they could all hear each others thoughts. They couldn't be alone. They hunted down the fourth Borg who had done that to them (Seven of Nine) and they a month after being separated, preferring a month of freedom to a life of being joined.

*they died a month after being separated

>trek is dead friendo, its never coming back. Not like it was.
Bryan Fuller, Nicholas Meyer and Joe Menosky are running Star Trek: Discovery, and they're all responsible for some of the best classic Trek. Shit like Darmok, Bride of Chaotica, Course: Oblivion, Blink of an Eye, Wrath of Khan, The Voyage Home, The Undiscovered Country, First Contact (the episode, not the film), that's what we're in for.

Pay more attention.

>Discovery is going to come out

Like I said its dead. have they stated ONE person who is going to act in it?

>probably by the Queen herself
What did Braga mean by this?

>needing actors
They'll just film it on a holodeck, dummy.

I'm more about the writers and show runners since I couldn't give a fuck about any Trek actor before they were in Trek.

Fuck who is cast. It's only mattered after the fact. The cast never been indicative of the shows promise in Trek. It's a "wait and see" phenomenon.

The people writing are proven. Not just in Trek even.

Alex kurtzman is also working on it though which is troubling

kek. I applaud you on your optimism but Discovery will never come out

She's socially awkward from being raised by Borg and has an introverted logical personality like Spock anyway. Privately in her dreams she is less robotic.

Alex Kurtzman has a flawless track record when it comes to television.

He's our guy.

I'm not a big fan of nuTrek either, entertainment wise they were okay but in terms of star trek they were fucking garbage. besides it obviously not being star wars the action is interchangeable. just a bunch of pew pew bullshit.

as for discovery, i can't say because i don't pay attention to anything about it. i'm just going to wait till it comes out and then we'll see.

>Shit like [...] Bride of Chaotica, Course: Oblivion, Blink of an Eye
Those were shit indeed.