/nuke/

What is some approved Cred Forums nuclear apocalypse kino?

I already watched Threads, Testament, On the Beach, and Fail Safe. Threads was bleak and hopeless and Testament was eerie with how everyday and normal it made things appear. Overall the movies were dreary and oddly comfy.

Other urls found in this thread:

webmshare.com/play/3vBJ3
youtube.com/watch?v=_RIVt5D8BHg
sfdebris.com/videos/films/dayafter.php
youtube.com/watch?v=1gXY3kuDvSU
thebulletin.org/timeline
youtube.com/watch?v=SwdmgOfnQ9s
youtube.com/watch?v=8C6LDztI5cw
youtube.com/watch?v=4zaiN_hCvTU
youtube.com/watch?v=7-ACI6Mq-g0
youtube.com/watch?v=kM__w7b2-J0
amazon.com/Trinity-Beyond-Atomic-Movie-Blu-ray/dp/B002VCPFGY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw ffmpeg won't burn subtitles properly to webm
I wish Cred Forums had audio webms.
webmshare.com/play/3vBJ3

>you will never have the pick of the qts after a nuclear war kills most males

bump

>> /nuke/
>> no The Day After

haha fucking faggot

Is it good? I thought Cred Forums had decided it wasn't very good.

I also liked

Dead Man's Letters
O-bi, O-ba - Koniec cywilizacji (O-Bi, O-Ba: The End of Civilization)
When the Wind Blows

Haven't seen Testament yet, it's on my bcklog. Never heard about On the Beach or Fail Safe, gonna have to get a look at those!

Stay safe!
youtube.com/watch?v=_RIVt5D8BHg

I don't know where you got that opinion user; perhaps in the sense that "Day After isn't as good as Threads", but it's still a vital part of nukekino.

Miracle Mile

The wind blows.
Don't watch it if you have even slightly suicidal thoughts.

Trinity and Beyond is face melting goodness.

the GOAT nuke documentary

A boy and his dog is just damn good. If you've played Fallouts or bioshocks you'll spot many similarities.

Don could yank my Johnson no homo.

Pro tip: don't admit you never heard of 'on the beach' or 'fail safe' again

Also the books are better.

Also if you want to read a nuke book that would make an excellent movie, look up 'death of grass'

I've had this movie on my backlog for a while. I think I'll move it to the top of the list.

Have you read the short stories by Harlan Ellison? If so are they worth reading before seeing the movie?

>Pro tip: don't admit you never heard of 'on the beach' or 'fail safe' again
Why? It's great to find new stuff.

Fallout 4

>tfw there will never be a better nukekino than Strangelove

By Dawn's Early Light
Pretty good 80's flick.
Powers Boothe and Rebecca de Mornay play B52 pilots amid limited nuclear exchanges. Strange feeling to continue flying while all these bombs are detonating, and you're not sure if you'll have a home or base to return to.

sfdebris.com/videos/films/dayafter.php

Source on that webm?

'When The Wind Blows' is a feels-seeking missile for me. My grandparents are exactly like the old couple in the movie.

What is this from?

filename

IMDB returns nothing.

You're a fucking retard.

Doctor Strangelove

Actually I haven't. I usually try to watch movies first because books are always better. That way I'm not let down by the movie even though this affects what I see in mind's eye.

youtube.com/watch?v=1gXY3kuDvSU

Is Dr. Strangelove the only good nukekino?

Why isn't there a more modern version of these films? It seems like nuclear armageddon movies peaked and stopped in the 80s.

>James Earl Jones is in this
>he was also in Dr. Strangelove
Does he like sitting in B-52s as he imagines nukes detonating beneath him?

The peak of nukekino was 1983
We have different concerns now

Terrorism movies are way more boring though ;_;

The Soviet Union collapsed and the Cold War ended.

/thread

sadly could only find on youtube

I'd say people can't really imagine nuclear weapons anymore. Everything has to be about zombies.

Doomsday clock is 3creepy4u thebulletin.org/timeline

Have you seen a movie called Black Rain?

I only heard of it from the Ridley Scott flick

Zombies are shit. How are they any spookier than radioactive fallout, nuclear winter, and the collapse of civilization?

Is it about Hiroshima?
>tfw watching documentary about Hiroshima and learn about people drinking the irradiated black rain

Meanwhile in anime world
youtube.com/watch?v=SwdmgOfnQ9s

They say it's about victims getting discriminated

Black Rain, the Japanese one. It's not an apocalypse but it is essential nukecore.

A Boy And His Dog is alright desu

Someone please watch my webm

A Short Vision.

was good, suck my dick

It's going to take a while to watch all these movies and the rest that still need to be downloaded. Hopefully the subject matter won't get old before it's done.

Kurosawa's Dreams.

The best they are, the more depressing. And I mean REALLY depressing. REALLY.
So, leave the best ones for last: The War game and Threads. Both are film masterpieces, btw.

That makes sense. For some reason depressing films are comfy. I guess I'm used to the feeling.

Onwards to the Dead man's letters (USSR) and War games (Britain) then.

t-thanks

Didn't see mentioned yet: Special Report (TV movie)

What are the chances of something like Threads really happening?

50%

more like Kurosawa's Memes

A nuke would probably improve Sheffield.

Why? What's wrong with Sheffield?

Too many goddamn teapots.

>tfw no nuclear armageddon gf

Just wait til november when Hillary is elected and you'll have great chances to see for yourself.

>2 hours of Muh Shaun and Another Settlement Needs Your Help

pls no. I live in a major city and would die

That you should tell to Hillary.

Literally the only good answer.

No Blade of Grass

I think it was a british release from like the 70's. A virus wipes out the worlds crops and chaos ensues. A guy tries to get his family to a isolated farm owned by a friend. Really old and cozy movie. Surprisingly brutish.

Not really nuclear, but feels like most nuke movies.

>CTRL+F "Toxic Avenger"
>0 results

Also y'all forgot Quiet Earth

Lots and lots of times I've found people here giving very high praise to Threads, some even calling it one of the best of all horror films, but I'm not sure that a tv film( and from the 80's to boot, very far from the high values of the golden age of tv) could be worthy of all the acclaim.
Not sure if it's a meme I lost or something, but I never got interested enough to watch it.

Came to post this, really underrated

I guess it just does something that other films don't, it's completely unapologetic. Nuclear war is hell on Earth and the film doesn't pull any punches. There's no happy ending, no rebuilding, no courage triumphing over adversity. Humanity fucks itself violently and begins a slow extinction process. The war is over, but there are no winners.

It's probably the best movie ever made for tv and is better than most movies made for the big screen. Certainly better than most normal horror movies. You should try watching it friendo.

>tfw people could actually still trying to meme me into watching a boring, 5/10 tv film from 50 years ago

Here's to (You), Nicola and Bart

Why are you so convinced it's boring?

>I've never seen it but it's boring and 5/10
>A 32 year old film can't possibly be good

son

This is a nuke kino thread, not a capeshit thread. No one's trying to meme anything.

youtube.com/watch?v=8C6LDztI5cw

bump

Why isn't there an infographic on this yet? Someone make one please.

Re-bumping for slightly different request.
Any suggestion for interesting documentaries on youtube about nuclear bombs and ipothetycal nuclear world war?

no mention of 'When the Wind Blows'?

youtube.com/watch?v=4zaiN_hCvTU

Seven Days in May

Trinity

the cake will be burned!
youtube.com/watch?v=7-ACI6Mq-g0

I found this interesting. Just look up "50s and 60s fallout" and you'll find a menagerie of uncanny videos like this.

you mean this? youtube.com/watch?v=kM__w7b2-J0

Is old af
Something more recent, especially about studies of the possible nuclear war aftermath?

>"Your daily menu will consist solely of the biscuit."
W-what if I feel like having pizza?

I meant this
amazon.com/Trinity-Beyond-Atomic-Movie-Blu-ray/dp/B002VCPFGY

Check out the show Jericho

They made a movie of that called No Blade of Grass and it's good.

ok thank you

You're welcome senpai.

bump

W-would one still be able to access Cred Forums from within a fallout shelter? Otherwise what would there be to do?

that ending was something else, 90's cyberpunk kino was ahead of its time

"On a SIlver Globe", from the director of "Posession".

prepare to be confused by sheer density

fug that's spooky

bump

Why do you say that?

seconded

>ywn impregnate multiple qts after a nuclear apocalypse to rebuild humanity with your seed
>ywn watch as they give birth to super mutant babies built to survive in a irradiated world
>ywn be king to your super mutant children and rule whatever remnants of humanity are left with them

why even live

War game. British one. 1965. Not Wargames.

>that part where they show police walking around shooting people in the head

why

Because pigs will be pigs everytime everywhere

Admit, this movie is better than Threads.
Also, the day earth caught fire kinda related, but one is my favourites and most maybe the most /k/ movie of all times is Panic in Year Zero! (1962)

i know what you mean, but sometimes art comes from the most unexpected places. there's zero mawkishness or low-budget cheesiness in Threads of the kind you'd expect from a TV movie from the '80s. it's not like The Day After. it strives for absolute realism, which, given the subject matter, means it's pitiless. it's one of the most despairing movies i've ever seen.

I myself can agree that TWG is slightly superior to Threads, but both are on a rare level of excellence. Better times for the BBC( but to an extent only, when considered the cretinous censorship)
And, yes, TDTECF is much fun, great banter; but PIYZ! is too 'square' overall, while at the same time, somewhat famously, having one of the most dissonant/inappropriate soundtracks ever.

I haven't heard that one before, but I absolutely see the light and agree: Threads is one of the best horror films ever, up there with the Shining, Texas Chain Saw and the Exorcist.
Don't be a doubter, just watch it and cry.

>just watch it and cry.
t. girly girl

t. wannabe big guy

Twilights Last Gleaming

How is the split screen mode in that movie

its On the Beach

I saw a British documentary on youtube years ago, like threads it was all about just how fucked you were.

It had people follow official government advice on what to do if it went hot and they used special effects to show the people dying from it.

I think it was banned at the time for showing just how unprepared the gov was.

You can have pizza, it will just be a biscuit topping and a buttery biscuit base.

link pls

Mmmm sounds comfy

I can't even remember its name.

I rember one bit of advice was for the poor to build ghetto shelters in their gardens, nothing but a ditch with metal sheeting on, the doc had this and the ditch was a pool the next day due to the water table and when the nukes hit the nearby houses collapsed and burried everyone in their watery grave.

>become an Australian warlord
>all you want is children

Joe had questionable priorities.

>he doc had this and the ditch was a pool the next day due to the water table and when the nukes hit the nearby houses collapsed and burried everyone in their watery grave.
I want to watch this ;_;. Hopefully someone else knows what you're talking about.

Pretty good actually

But that has nothing to do with nuclear apocalypse. Have you even seen the film?

>By Dawn's Early Light
>co-pilot slut gets mad because pilot fucks her and doesn't want it to be made public for his career's sake
>refuses his order to close the shade of the plane's window like a cunt
>flash from nuclear explosion blinds her
Why don't movies make uppity cunts get their comeuppance like this anymore?

bump

We all agree that the happening in The road was nuclear, right?

no it was a hillary presidency

supervolcano

Try watching the Twilight Zone. There a bunch of nice episodes about nukes causing the end of the world.

Any more russian ones?

No love for The Divide?

Sounds too spooky

which one is the best recommended so far? comfiest?