Is Halt and Catch Fire good?

Is Halt and Catch Fire good?

ha ha ha. no. its shit.

Starts out good, but ends up being more about relationship-drama bullshit rather than building computers/software

It's a generic cable drama. Take all the cliche and generic parts from every fx, hbo, amc, etc show and slap the 80's tech gimmick and boom

Okay thanks guys, cancelling my download.

Don't listen to these nincompoops. The shows great I look forward to it every week.

I like it but it's not historically accurate to say the least.

was anti-virus software worth millions in the 1980s? before the internet existed?

were women involved in computer/software design in the 1980s?

maybe

Only season 1

This ugly whore shows her hairy pits in a scene I think.

just stop it!!!

Doesn't she? Thought that was the show she did it in.

too much gayshit

nobody talks about it on Cred Forums so yeah it's great

Really enjoyed season one but two dragged so much I dropped it.
Has it gotten any better?

Agreed

All male character are BASED
All female characters are boring after S01
luckily, the balance is still 50/50 for now

Season one was the greatest thing on television since Carnivale (outside comedy).

havent seen past season 1 because i heard the main broad grew out her sexy short hair and started wearing a bra for her scenes

>asking for an honest opinion on Cred Forums

You must be retarded

>woman in computing
>sexy
>60s/70s

WRONG

I feel like it's a bait and switch. S1 had drama moments but what I liked most was them working on the Giant and that Jobs/Wozniak dynamic with the crazy punk girl thrown in and the wife who didn't act like yet another Skyler/Betty Draper.

Then S2 went straight 80s Mad Men. The "mutiny invents..." moments were dumb. Mutiny invents broadband. Mutiny invents Doom. Mutiny invents chat rooms. It's kind of stupid for them to constantly try to connect contemporary things we use with things a fictional company invented. You can also tell they had no idea where to go with everything. Suddenly they move to San Fran. Okay.

S3 is a little better. I've gotten over it being Mad Men lite. Looks like we're finally going back to S1 though. A little late though. I'd be surprised if it s4 isn't the last season. If it got canceled after s3 i think it would be justified.

yeah its good. only a redditor would hate this show

I enjoy it.

Isn't this the "quirky tough girl who doesn't take no shit secretly invented every technological marvel in the last 40 years" show?

this season has been excellent